Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Feedback Thread for One Tamriel Overland

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    I found the regular monsters in the pve zones such as bangokarai and auridon wayyyy too easy for solo play, i should mention ive played since beta and have cp at the cap. I wish there was some monster behavior that required me to interrupt certain mobs or something like that, just to keep combat reactive, atm its a tad boring because you kill everything in one rotation.

bangkorai and auridon are two different beasties - or used to be - because of new players.

A threeat requiring interruption and dealing with npc interrupts and such is fine for a truw high end character with two bars of skills and a wide variety of skills to choose from so they have all the options they need to counter threats.

now try that wiht one bar, four skills total in your repertiore and no sets?

Even scaled, a character with one bar, a handful of skills to choose from and without a gear set will have a tough time meeting a three man group of a bowman, a mage and a rogue where the enemies use the ambush stun, stealthm, aoes and heal themselves...

on the other hand a lvl 50 with two bars and full slots and options - not a problem til we start seeing bosses.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Onigar
    Onigar
    ✭✭✭
    Dark Anchors

Every zone can now spawn any of Molag Bal’s Generals.

The Achievement General Executioner is already quite hard to complete when currently the Generals are divided between the top 4 maps of a zone and I know Cyrodill can already spawn all of them.

Modifying this so each zone will spawn ALL of the Generals just takes a difficult (but fun) achievement into a serious grind (and not so much fun) achievement.

You can imagine the effort to complete this will be significantly increased as the chance of a General spawning is already low and then getting the ones you need will be from the complete list and not a smaller group.

I see no advantage at all for any player in this change.

Suggesting you have not thought this fully through is perhaps not fair but hey, this is the PTS for people to try out your ideas and provide comment :)

Please reconsider this part of the change and leave the General spawning as it is.
    PC EU
    Addon Author:
    Currency Manager: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1998
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Onigar wrote: »
    Dark Anchors

The Achievement General Executioner is already quite hard to complete when currently the Generals are divided between the top 4 maps of a zone and I know Cyrodill can already spawn all of them.

Modifying this so each zone will spawn ALL of the Generals just takes a difficult (but fun) achievement into a serious grind (and not so much fun) achievement.

You can imagine the effort to complete this will be significantly increased as the chance of a General spawning is already low and then getting the ones you need will be from the complete list and not a smaller group.

Suggesting you have not thought this fully through is perhaps not fair but hey, this is the PTS for people to try out your ideas and provide comment :)

Please reconsider this part of the change and leave the General spawning as it is.
    Agreed. There's no real need for this change, as it just makes it much harder to complete. It should be left as-was, set to four generals per zone for each Tier 2-5 zone. The Tier 1 zones could be set to possibly spawn any General, like Cyrodiil and the former Silver/Gold zones.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Dark Anchors

Agreed. There's no real need for this change, as it just makes it much harder to complete. It should be left as-was, set to four generals per zone for each Tier 2-5 zone. The Tier 1 zones could be set to possibly spawn any General, like Cyrodiil and the former Silver/Gold zones.

This!
    So much this.

I have spent a fair amount of time chasing that achievement, I could not imagine completing it with such an increased RNG factor.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logged in to the PTS to try and test a few things, and I can see my UI but have a black screen other than that. This is in the character select screen and in game. I will try a repair later tonigt.

update* A restart of game and system failed to fix it.
    update**Just Ran the repair and it did not fix it. I also submitted an in game bug report, with system specs and a screen shot.

Hi, are you by chance using Nvidia's DSR? I have noticed on the PTS that if I set a resolution above my monitor's resolution using DSR I get this black screen with nothing but the UI. If I lower resolution to monitor level or lower everything displays.
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    Dark Anchors

This!
    So much this.

I have spent a fair amount of time chasing that achievement, I could not imagine completing it with such an increased RNG factor.

To be fair the dolmen spawn rate has increased a lot, so that might offset the RNG slightly. But I wouldn't mind them reverting the spawn change anyway.

As for overland mob difficulty, I wouldn't mind them adding more moves and attacks to all mobs soon, it does feel a bit stale now, especially for us more experienced players. More AOEs to avoid, more power attacks to block and more spells to interrupt. Would make the whole thing more interesting.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • Weng
    Weng
    ✭✭✭

Hi, are you by chance using Nvidia's DSR? I have noticed on the PTS that if I set a resolution above my monitor's resolution using DSR I get this black screen with nothing but the UI. If I lower resolution to monitor level or lower everything displays.

Same problem here with an Nvidia GTX 980 Ti. DSR is working fine with the live version and I'd prefer if it stayed this way.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same problem here with an Nvidia GTX 980 Ti. DSR is working fine with the live version and I'd prefer if it stayed this way.

I just tested with the latest PTS update and DSR still does not work. Interestingly enough I have noticed one improvement over live when I play at native 4K resolution. On live it has always scaled fairly well to 4K except that the map icons would be very small. On the PTS the map icons now also properly scale with the rest of the UI at native 4K. Maybe they changed something with how the UI displays that has broken DSR.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screenshot_20160922_010123.png
    The chest is floating in the air.
    I think this was the Stony Basin dolmen.
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    So here we go. Since the anouncement of one tamriel I felt the fear of being to powerfull for this game.
    Being a player since launch I've seen many nerf's to the game, and in my oppinion a bit of an over nerf.
    This is yet another nerf to the game as a whole, and I resent that as an endgame player all content even more became boaring.
    I love the game and the amount of content, but I do not like that it's so easy (mostly talking about zones/wb/delves etc.) I wish there was a downscaling or removal of CP in normal zones or on wb's . the reason for this is that it would require skill to get things done again.
    On the goldcoast I went naked to try out how that would effect the expiernce... no buffs etc... it was still one or two hits for mobs to go down.
    A lot of my friends are endgame and we love to trail, but outside that we like to play the game... do delves (i.e. for the new daylies) go take on some worldbosses. But at this point this is just no fun...

Please zos, make this game intersting for us all... make us able to ejoy the full game... some people are even leaving till a new trial or hard content because they are bores out of their minds... I don't like that and it's not good for the game...
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pema wrote: »
    So here we go. Since the anouncement of one tamriel I felt the fear of being to powerfull for this game.
    Being a player since launch I've seen many nerf's to the game, and in my oppinion a bit of an over nerf.
    This is yet another nerf to the game as a whole, and I resent that as an endgame player all content even more became boaring.
    I love the game and the amount of content, but I do not like that it's so easy (mostly talking about zones/wb/delves etc.) I wish there was a downscaling or removal of CP in normal zones or on wb's . the reason for this is that it would require skill to get things done again.
    On the goldcoast I went naked to try out how that would effect the expiernce... no buffs etc... it was still one or two hits for mobs to go down.
    A lot of my friends are endgame and we love to trail, but outside that we like to play the game... do delves (i.e. for the new daylies) go take on some worldbosses. But at this point this is just no fun...

Please zos, make this game intersting for us all... make us able to ejoy the full game... some people are even leaving till a new trial or hard content because they are bores out of their minds... I don't like that and it's not good for the game...

To be honest even without cp the content is going to be too easy for someone who are ready knows how to play the game. There is no way to remedy this without screwing over new players.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

To be honest even without cp the content is going to be too easy for someone who are ready knows how to play the game. There is no way to remedy this without screwing over new players.

True, although adding vet mode and hard mode to all the dungeons is a step in that direction.

i would not be surprised at all to see that later on, after the world scaling and norm-vet-hard gets all their kinks worked out in practice we could see a further expansion to the use of those "different scales of play".

there are some things that cannot be helped by scaling in overland. Single and double enemies in the starter zones and early zones wont ever be a threat to seasoned players since they wont have cc immunity, wont provide multiple attack forms from directions at once, wont have the depth of threats that higher difficulty zones provide. (They cant because those would kill new players.)

But i am excited to see where it goes after the kinks get worked out.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It must be a very hard thing to balance well. For every one player who finds it too easy, there is most likely one who finds it too hard.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Balance is difficult, if it somehow possible to have overland hardmode without seperating players that would be awesome. Maybe players can opt for hardmode and it lowers there stats by two thirds but doubles the xp and drops?
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Balance is difficult, if it somehow possible to have overland hardmode without seperating players that would be awesome. Maybe players can opt for hardmode and it lowers there stats by two thirds but doubles the xp and drops?
    Totally possible. They already have all the systems they would need coded. All they need is a new status effect like battle spirit that also buffs XP and drops in non-instanced, non-PVP areas + a new UI toggle in settings. Not sure if it would need to be auto-disabled for duels, or just have it be a gentleman's agreement which mode to duel at.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Totally possible. They already have all the systems they would need coded. All they need is a new status effect like battle spirit that also buffs XP and drops in non-instanced, non-PVP areas + a new UI toggle in settings. Not sure if it would need to be auto-disabled for duels, or just have it be a gentleman's agreement which mode to duel at.
    Yeah, based on how Battle Spirit works, a self-inflicted nerfing debuff sounds like it would be doable.
  • flaminghomer71
    flaminghomer71
    Soul Shriven
    So I have been playing about 2 months now. When I heard about One Tamriel I was worried about difficulty. Since playing the PTS I am still worried.
    A good part of what I played this week was in a delve. The thread on dungeons seems to be only about group dungeons so overland seems right for this.
    Again I have only played this game for 2 months. I created a level 30 Dragon Knight and a level 30 Templar. I gave them each 14 Magika and 14 Health. I left 10 attributes unused to give myself a little handicap. I'm not sure how many skill points I used but not much, I still had around 74 available.
    I went to Reapers March with each character. A place I have not yet made it to on Live. I was only challenged when I went up against 3 mobs and that usually was no problem.
    I took both characters in to Thibaut's Cairn (I did the same with both to make sure the difficulty was the same with different classes). I had no troubles with the DK, cleared the entire delve and only used my ultimate (Standard of Might) on the boss. I had a harder time with the Templar, I normally play a DK on Live. I did die once when 3 mobs kept knocking me down and I did a poor job staying on one mob at a time. Still I cleared the delve with ease for the most part.
    Considering I am a noob and I was playing a handicapped level 30 in a delve in Reaper's March I think you need to turn up the difficulty. If people are not good and they die a lot then hopefully they will take the challenge and get better. But I think for most players this is too easy. I especially think that delves should be harder than overland and I don't notice a difference.
    Please make the game harder and/or give us some sort of "Hard Mode" option.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please make the game harder and/or give us some sort of "Hard Mode" option.
    This is something that Matt Firor specifically talked about in a recent reddit AMA. They really like the idea, but haven't gotten to it yet. I wouldn't be surprised if it makes it's way into update 13 or 14.

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/546mo4/welcome_to_the_one_tamriel_eso_ama/d7zbgca

[–]Sir-DaddicusDaggerfall Covenant 19 points 5 days ago
    Hello ZOS team, I am really excited for One Tamriel. Any chance of adding a Hardmode to overland PvE. I was thinking perhaps it is possible to design a way where the player can toggle on their character sheet a Hardmode that decreased your stats by say two thirds by doubled experience and increased loot quality. The debuff could apply in the same way battlespirit applies now and that would probably satisfy all those CP 531 players who claim the game is becoming too easy. Thanks for your time (First time on Reddit) -Daddicus

[–]ZOS_MattF 17 points 5 days ago
    This is a great question, and makes sense if you have experience playing our battle-leveled dungeons, which have a standard and hard mode. Hard mode is 100% one of the things we considered when we came up with the concept of One Tamriel. We decided, however, to concentrate more on making the experience scale across all levels and making it fun for everyone.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure about how to improve the difficulty of WB but Dolmens should have a system in place that can suck players into the Anchor (similar to how the NPCs get sucked up and enter into a facility where the Dolmen is maintained in Coldharbour that players would need to shut down and escape from as a sort of hard mode for them.

Maybe have some Fighter's Guild NPC outside the Anchor that can initiate this so that only players that talk to the NPC are transferred so that players can opt out of it if they don't want to do it. It could be a way to obtain gold jewelry for the overworld sets in that area but limit it to once per Anchor, per day so that, at most, 3 are available to players a day.
    Argonian forever
  • TheSpin
    TheSpin
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure about how to improve the difficulty of WB but Dolmens should have a system in place that can suck players into the Anchor (similar to how the NPCs get sucked up and enter into a facility where the Dolmen is maintained in Coldharbour that players would need to shut down and escape from as a sort of hard mode for them.

Maybe have some Fighter's Guild NPC outside the Anchor that can initiate this so that only players that talk to the NPC are transferred so that players can opt out of it if they don't want to do it. It could be a way to obtain gold jewelry for the overworld sets in that area but limit it to once per Anchor, per day so that, at most, 3 are available to players a day.

Maybe rather than being sucked into a dolmen, at some point in the anchor you could choose to get close up to the anchor and travel up into Coldharbour for an extra-challenging fight. Theoretically, every anchor (or zone?) could have it's own specific fight when you travel to Coldharbour and there can be an achievement for completing that fight.

The whole overland experience would be improved by adding something like this. It would actually be really cool if this only happened a few times per day per anchor and there was a zone-wide announcement that one of these special dolmens has spawned.

Something like this could motivate players to spend time in a wide variety of zones and quest or hang out, shop etc while waiting for this anchor, and they would travel to it when it spawned. They could make these fights especially hard (for 10-12 players).... I don't know, maybe I'm reaching too far now, but I think the idea is cool.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TheSpin wrote: »

Maybe rather than being sucked into a dolmen, at some point in the anchor you could choose to get close up to the anchor and travel up into Coldharbour for an extra-challenging fight. Theoretically, every anchor (or zone?) could have it's own specific fight when you travel to Coldharbour and there can be an achievement for completing that fight.

The whole overland experience would be improved by adding something like this. It would actually be really cool if this only happened a few times per day per anchor and there was a zone-wide announcement that one of these special dolmens has spawned.

Something like this could motivate players to spend time in a wide variety of zones and quest or hang out, shop etc while waiting for this anchor, and they would travel to it when it spawned. They could make these fights especially hard (for 10-12 players).... I don't know, maybe I'm reaching too far now, but I think the idea is cool.

I'd say you aren't going far enough. Dolmens should have more of an impact to the overworld overall than what they currently offer. These are the machinations of a Daedric Prince for goodness sake.

Make an announcement, similar to the PvP announcements, saying that *insert Dolmen Boss name here* is strenghtening the *insert Dolmen name here* during the fight against said general at about 50% health, Molag Bal will withdraw his general and you can choice to follow and fight an empowered version of the general or just shut the Dolmen for the now. Closing will result in the default reward chest but pursuing the general would result in a boss fight that would scale with the number of players that choice to pursue the boss.

So for 1-4 players, it would just be a solo instance with the boss. 5-9 players, the boss summon adds. At 10+ players, it's a full fledge fight with mechanics, adds, etc. Reward for clearing this would be a piece of 1 of the Dolmen sets as well as a Gold weapon/jewelry piece of 1 of the overworld sets for that Zone the Anchor was located.

If, however, this Anchor is ignored for an extended period of time (says 30 minutes) another messages goes out, saying Molag Bal's influence in Nirn increases, empowering enemies throughtout the zone until the anchor is closed.

Dynamic events like this would greatly improve the game, IMO and really wish they'd be implemented.
    Argonian forever
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would be cautious about acroas the board area empowering because of risk to new players... but certainly having wandering mobs switch from animams and humanoids to undead and daedra if there is not enemy specific threat... that sounds good.

Have city folk look out and worry as clanfear patrol where wolves once did.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    I would be cautious about acroas the board area empowering because of risk to new players... but certainly having wandering mobs switch from animams and humanoids to undead and daedra if there is not enemy specific threat... that sounds good.

Have city folk look out and worry as clanfear patrol where wolves once did.

That works too, so long as it stems from an out of control Dolmen, I'm fine with it.
    Edited by Silver_Strider on September 29, 2016 10:26PM
    Argonian forever
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a question concerning quest levels.

With the battle leveling all NPC are CP160, got that.

But what about quest levels.

I tried PTS with both in-game and addon quest trackers and got the same result.

First main quest, go to Harborage, on a new level 3 character is listed in journal and addon as level 3. Is that display simply leftover from previous system? With battle leveling is it just going to match whatever my current character level is?

With all zones battle leveled, do quest levels have any meaning any more? I used to use the quest tracker to stay on +/- 5 level for XP etc. With CP160 NPC battle leveling that doesn't come in to play but what about quests?

Other than the Alliance Story/Main/Guild quests that have linear story progression, will players have any consideration with whether a quest is above or below their current character level?

Edited by SpAEkus on October 2, 2016 2:24PM
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    I have a question concerning quest levels.

With the battle leveling all NPC are CP160, got that.

But what about quest levels.

I tried PTS with both in-game and addon quest trackers and got the same result.

First main quest, go to Harborage, on a new level 3 character is listed in journal and addon as level 3. Is that display simply leftover from previous system? With battle leveling is it just going to match whatever my current character level is?

With all zones battle leveled, do quest levels have any meaning any more? I used to use the quest tracker to stay on +/- 5 level for XP etc. With CP160 NPC battle leveling that doesn't come in to play but what about quests?

Other than the Alliance Story/Main/Guild quests that have linear story progression, will players have any consideration with whether a quest is above or below their current character level?

I believe quests will stay at your level. I think the point with this update is that you won't end up out leveling quests if you are a completionist (like me) or under leveling quests if you skip many side quests as you progress.

Aside from having to do the main story quests in order I think you can essentially do the quests in any order you please.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭

I believe quests will stay at your level. I think the point with this update is that you won't end up out leveling quests if you are a completionist (like me) or under leveling quests if you skip many side quests as you progress.

Aside from having to do the main story quests in order I think you can essentially do the quests in any order you please.

Yeah I just double checked on a hunch and with a Level 30 template character opening several different zones quests, the in-game and addon tracker/journal all show the quests are level 30.

That function is no longer going to show any difference.
    Edited by SpAEkus on October 2, 2016 3:46PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On that note ^ , with quest levels no longer meaning anything and always being equal to player level, ZOS might as well remove quest levels from display completely, like they did with NPC levels.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    JKorr wrote: »
    STEVIL wrote: »
    JKorr wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure out the crafting/materials.

Unfortunately I've leveled crafting on all my characters to some extent. I get the impression I'm never going to see iron/jute again. While the majority of my characters are in the high cp range, I'm the crafter or one of the crafters for the 5 guilds I belong to. I make gear for people still wearing their coldharbor jammies. The new players have no idea what to look for to gather their own mats. New players don't *want* to waste playing time to collect their own mats.

I took my main crafter to stonefalls, and picked up a lovely haul of rubedite level stuff. Good for my characters, not so good for that level 10.

If you do writs every non survey writ provides you 25pc random lower level mat.

Also every non crafter and mid crafter will be getting lower level mats half the time.
    Random lower level mats. Wonderful. "Don't worry, new player. In 4 or five days I might have enough mats to make your gear. Hope you don't mind dying in the meantime."

You haven't run into any of the new players recently, have you.... They are level one and asking about how to get perfect roe and ambrosia to make it to the cp levels in a couple of hours. Those players are NOT going to go out and gather mats for any reason. While I would personally rather not let them in my guilds with that attitude, the guildmasters don't agree.

And right now I don't want to waste my ruby level mats to do writs. It takes time to gather them, and so far the returns haven't been that great, for me.

You should be doing writs. On any particular day, you may come out losing. But in the long run, between the 664 gold per writ, the ornate/intricate items, the gold upgrade mats, the surveys, etc., you will come out ahead. The only potential problem is the bugged blacksmith writ that sometimes shows up and ask for 5 rubedite items.

And the intricate items that come as writ rewards decon to 4-9 ruby mats, not the 3 ruby mats like the intricate items dropped by trash mobs.

Lower level mats will only be a problem for like a week or so when Update 12 launches. Doing writs every day will generate lots of lower level materials. It will not be long before players are swimming in them and they are going cheap at guild traders. In particular, many non-crafters do writs just for chance at gold upgrade mats for their CP160 gear. They will have no interest in rawhide or cotton or ebony ingots or whatever. Those can go right in the guild bank.

Most of us crafters doesn´t want to do writs. Farming is much more effective way to earn stuff. Why shall ZOS implement a feature that slows progress down???? And why should I be doing writs exactly??? Unless I have 100% change of getting a goldmat I will probably never do any writs soon.

[Edit to remove insulting content]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on October 2, 2016 7:07PM
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    On that note ^ , with quest levels no longer meaning anything and always being equal to player level, ZOS might as well remove quest levels from display completely, like they did with NPC levels.

And I also checked a few Live/PTS quests on one of my still leveling L40 characters and there was no diff in Quest Turn-in XP.

I thought if we had to kill higher leveled Quest NPC and Quest Bosses we would see more XP but so far there isn't. I was hoping for a more lucrative CP Quest Grind next week.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »

And I also checked a few Live/PTS quests on one of my still leveling L40 characters and there was no diff in Quest Turn-in XP.

I thought if we had to kill higher leveled Quest NPC and Quest Bosses we would see more XP but so far there isn't. I was hoping for a more lucrative CP Quest Grind next week.

They are not higher level if you are scaled to them. Meaning if you fight a CP160 mob while scaled to CP160, this isn't any harder than if you are currently fighting a level 40 mob.
    You are gaining the maximum amount of experience that is suited for your level.

This was like this ever since they introduced battle leveling (all DLC zones), nothing has changed.

EDIT: in fact, in One Tamriel, you will ALWAYS get experience appropriate to your level unlike currently on live where you get decreased experience once you "outlevel" a mob or a quest.
    Edited by Dubhliam on October 2, 2016 8:53PM