Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vet Maelstrom is Broken

• boldscot
    boldscot
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Only thing I want is a save point, from where I can restart if I have to leave the arena. Just not fun planning hours ahead to beat a stupid dungeon with boring and even reused bosses. DSA at least changes every time you're with new people, keeping it interesting.

There's already a save feature and DSA is always the same enemies spawning in the same location.
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Given that there is enough stuff to do for pro-gamers, I'd welcome a less-difficult via
    2. Given that it's over a year old, they should make it easier. This would convince more people to buy the exp-packs..! I'm not paying any money for upgrades like this.
    3. Ultra-hard content should be limited to 4 men dungeons and 12m trials, IMHO

It would make the game much more attractive to a broader audience!
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do not want vMA to be nerfed even though I can't beat it. Hopefully one day I am able to but right now I am stuck on stage 5. The reason I don't want it to be nerfed is because we need more difficult content. I will admit I am not the best when it comes to the difficult content but making it easier will not help me become a better player. When I finally beat stage 4 of vMA I was so happy and it made me feel good that I was making progress. It also helps me learn new builds and make a build that works well for me. So while I hate vMA for being really tough and making me want to throw my monitor out the window, I also love that it is really tough.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The difficulty isn't bad. The horrible RNG is. I despise spending an hour in there just for a stupid Ring of Glory. They desperately need a token system.
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The difficulty isn't bad. The horrible RNG is. I despise spending an hour in there just for a stupid Ring of Glory. They desperately need a token system.

Yes a token system is the best option to fix the horrible RNG
  • Lyar09
    Lyar09
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only nerfing that needs to be done is the salary of whoever made the horrendous drops. I'm sick of getting permafrost and perebellum jewlery. GIVE ME MY DAMN 2H ALREADY ZOS!! I'm sick of running your damn vmsa
    Edited by Lyar09 on July 4, 2016 8:23PM
    PC/NA | twitch.tv/ohhlyar | youtube.com/lyaryt
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PLEASE! I love the game, it's fantastic, but vet maelstrom is TOO HARD.

It's there for people who are into giant time sinks, for people who like to grind, grind, grind at solving hard content over a period of time for the eventual thrill of completion, and those who want something to boast about. There are many people who enjoy one or more of those things in games and feel good doing it. Let them have it. I like the idea of a variety of content for various levels of interest, time, ability.

The only thing that sucks from my perspective is that you can really only get some set pieces in VR16 in VMA, but I do think they should keep the weapons that way no matter what. I tried VMA once, died 20 times on the final round of the first arena with the TES version of Multiple Man, and realized it isn't for me. My gear is average (I tend to rock a whopping 1600-2100 spell damage, for example, depending on the character/class) and getting top level gear from other content is very slow and tedious in my circumstances. Given how bad the loot rng is according to the 101 threads on the topic I'm not remotely tempted to try VMA again. There's plenty of other things to do in ESO, and other games to play.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • KrispyKreme0352
    If they ever nerf Maelstrom, I'm done with this game. If you want easy content, you have the other 90% of the game including normal Maelstrom. If you put in time instead of wanting to plow through everything without working at it, that's cool. Just don't demand that they make something easier for you when it's not hard at all for those of us who put the time in and strive to get better every day. I started off thinking it was impossible. Three months later, it takes me 40min. That's not a sign that it's too hard. It's just a sign that you need to get better and or develop a strategy. It's much more rewarding than having them nerf it. Trust me.
  • KrispyKreme0352
    Also, if they nerf it, you still don't be able to compete on the leaderboards. Those of us who are already on the leaderboards every week would just be getting more outrageous scores.
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If they ever nerf Maelstrom, I'm done with this game. If you want easy content, you have the other 90% of the game including normal Maelstrom. If you put in time instead of wanting to plow through everything without working at it, that's cool. Just don't demand that they make something easier for you when it's not hard at all for those of us who put the time in and strive to get better every day. I started off thinking it was impossible. Three months later, it takes me 40min. That's not a sign that it's too hard. It's just a sign that you need to get better and or develop a strategy. It's much more rewarding than having them nerf it. Trust me.

Dat necro tho.
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't need a nerf but it does need to be FIXED. The lag and the invisible attacks are pretty ridiculous for a solo instance.

XBox NA
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »

Dat necro tho.

Damn. They got me.

XBox NA
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vMA took my job!

Good luck OP
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maelstrom is a due a nerf, just like the Shadows of the Hist dungeons are due a nerf. It's difficult for reasons related to design, not skill.

To all of you who have beaten Maelstrom arena, I say to you thusly.

YOUR ABILITY TO BEAT ILL BALLANCED, BROKEN CONTENT DOES NOT MAKE IT LESS BROKEN. We can get used to controls or conditions that make no sense, but that does not change the fact it makes no sense.

PS. That necro tho.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on September 19, 2016 12:53AM
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The soul tethers on that stage go clear across the room as well. You'll get a laugh if you hit the run speed boost to try and run from the cremo too. All the mobs in there use CE. Basically just have to do a ton of dps all the time. Try to use heals that do dps at the same time as well.
    Edited by Armitas on September 19, 2016 2:20AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "First off ZOS...I hate you."

I stopped reading right about there.

But i shall leave this here to annoy you:

L2P.
  • Bandit1215
    Bandit1215
    ✭✭✭
    This post was 100% QQ. Anyone can beat it with practice.
    CP 561
    • vSO HM - Completed
    • vAA - Completed
    • vHRC - Completed

• Trublz
    Trublz
    ✭✭✭
    That opening statement thooo : p
    CP531 Air-eez Redguard DK DPS
    CP531 Hayd-eez Imperial DK Tank
    CP531 SomethinFishy Khajit NB DPS
    CP531 Heracl-eez Orc Sorc DPS
    CP531 Anark-eez Dark Elf DK DPS
    CP531 Herm-eez Breton Temp DPS
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually according to the latest poll, its about 50% completion rate... of the forum goers who can be bothered to fill in the poll. Of which about 16% are on the leaderboards (so obviously no skew in the data set at all :wink: ), and about 1% have completed it in 1st person.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely not.
    If anything it needs a buff or a Hard Mode.

I love the challenge and some others do too, all content is not for everyone (I hate pvp so I don't play that etc)
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • MrBM
    MrBM
    ✭✭
    First off, Zenimax... I hate you. You make vet maelstrom near impossible to complete for 90% of the players in the game. Seriously guys.. It's worse than dark souls. Im on the stage 10 boss (Last stage) and up to this point ive died hundreds of times. This *** is beyond difficult. Those dumb crematorum (however you spell it) guards are in dire need of a nerf. For one, im across the entire stage from the damn thing and still get 18k worth of damage from its fire breath. There's no way it should be hitting people from so far away let alone do so much damage like that. I understand that you need to run around them in circles to dodge their fire breath, but it still should not hit players all over the stage if you decide not to do the circles. Im not saying make it so easy that anyone can do it, but gosh darn it make it a little easier. Im sure the elitist forum trolls will call me out and say its not that hard or something else dumb. Dont worry, I dont ever post on forums nor do I pay attention to posts.

At the end of the day, I am just hoping you guys will make it a tad easier so more folks can actually beat the damn place and maybe even get more people to compete on the leaderboards! PLEASE! I love the game, it's fantastic, but vet maelstrom is TOO HARD!

Also, not related to the above message, I have a bug to report. While in Sanctum in werewolf form during the lamia boss fight, if you get pinned by the overchargers she spawns, it will change you back to human. But you will not have access to your skills unless you hit R. Thanks for making the game better and better with every patch! Hope this reaches the right ears!

Bro listen, I understand your pain and if you are on a magic toon I really feel your pain, but if you make a STAM SORC all your problems with this will go away! It is so freaking easy with Stam Sorc. Well when you already have the daggers and or axes and the bow from Maelstrom it is very very easy. IDK without them it would still prolly be pretty easy. Stam Sorc is OP a you know what. Just make one and rip through it
    PC/Xbox NA

PC Guild: Imperator Rebellium (IR)
    Nexus (NX)

Xbox Guild: Guildmaster of Pug Rebellium

EP Dark Elf Nightblade: Mr BM
    EP Imperial Nightblade: 'Ichigo Kurosaki
    EP Lizard lolz Templar: 'Minori
    EP Orc Dragonknight: Get Lept Upon
    EP Wood Elf Nightblade: 'Sode no Shirayuki
    EP High Elf Sorc: Bolts for Pugs
    EP Dark Elf Dragonknight: Whip of Dreams
    EP Imperial Sorc: i Saber i

AD Dark Elf Dragonknight: Mrs BM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did it for the first time this week. Took me about 6 hours to do. Once you do it, it clicks and it's easy.

I did it twice since. My last run was under and hour and a half and had two lives left and didn't even die on the last boss. The first time is horrible, but after that you'll wonder how you struggled so much.
    Edited by Brrrofski on September 19, 2016 8:14AM
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    Absolutely not.

I love the challenge and some others do too, all content is not for everyone (I hate pvp so I don't play that etc)
    Take some armor pieces off, don't use CP, don't wear the BiS sets for vMA. There you go, hard mode. There are so many ways that you can challenge yourself on your own.

I don't personally care if it gets buffed, I won't have to skill around it, just learn around it. However many people are becoming enraged over it, one dude wanted to kill himself over it, and others have left over it. While it may be good for you to have it buffed, think of the health of the game.
    Edited by Armitas on September 19, 2016 10:36AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    DPShiro wrote: »
    Absolutely not.

Take some armor pieces off, don't use CP, don't wear the BiS sets for vMA. There you go, hard mode.

Trials and Dungeons have Hard Mode, why not Maelstrom?
    Just because you can't handle/appreciate challenges doesn't mean others don't.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer class confirmed
  • dotlife
    dotlife
    ✭✭
    1. It is VERY unlikely you will get the weapon you came for the first 10-20 completions.
    2. It is alot easier the 2nd. time which is significantly harder than 10th completion.
    3. Use sigils at the right moments when you learn it. Your 10-20th run you wont need em at all.
  • dotlife
    dotlife
    ✭✭
    4. You are supposed to die more than 200 times when learning it. I think most of us did.
  • dotlife
    dotlife
    ✭✭
    5. It is being nerfed ALOT while gear is improving and last but not least CP is increasing which has made it much easier.
  • damtotb16_ESO
    damtotb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    First off, Zenimax... I hate you. You make vet maelstrom near impossible to complete for 90% of the players in the game. Seriously guys.. It's worse than dark souls. Im on the stage 10 boss (Last stage) and up to this point ive died hundreds of times. This *** is beyond difficult. Those dumb crematorum (however you spell it) guards are in dire need of a nerf. For one, im across the entire stage from the damn thing and still get 18k worth of damage from its fire breath. There's no way it should be hitting people from so far away let alone do so much damage like that. I understand that you need to run around them in circles to dodge their fire breath, but it still should not hit players all over the stage if you decide not to do the circles. Im not saying make it so easy that anyone can do it, but gosh darn it make it a little easier. Im sure the elitist forum trolls will call me out and say its not that hard or something else dumb. Dont worry, I dont ever post on forums nor do I pay attention to posts.

At the end of the day, I am just hoping you guys will make it a tad easier so more folks can actually beat the damn place and maybe even get more people to compete on the leaderboards! PLEASE! I love the game, it's fantastic, but vet maelstrom is TOO HARD!

Also, not related to the above message, I have a bug to report. While in Sanctum in werewolf form during the lamia boss fight, if you get pinned by the overchargers she spawns, it will change you back to human. But you will not have access to your skills unless you hit R. Thanks for making the game better and better with every patch! Hope this reaches the right ears!

I am glad you like dark souls, the rest you wrote is r***** sorry :)
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure it is broken but it is hard as F#@%!!!!! I am going broke from repairing gear. Unless you beat a stage there is zero return.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.