Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vet Maelstrom is Broken

• OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have done flawless conq on all classes in the game. I even did without vigor on a stam sorc, and 16k hp.
    Really sorry to say this, but its l2p.
    Alot in arena are buggy af, i wont discuss with that. But the crem guard as well as other stuff on final boss, are all l2p.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    Armitas wrote: »
    Absolutely not.
    If anything it needs a buff or a Hard Mode.

I love the challenge and some others do too, all content is not for everyone (I hate pvp so I don't play that etc)
    Take some armor pieces off, don't use CP, don't wear the BiS sets for vMA. There you go, hard mode.

Trials and Dungeons have Hard Mode, why not Maelstrom?
    Just because you can't handle/appreciate challenges doesn't mean others don't.

I have completed VMA so I can handle it. It's scripted, it's a matter of learning it, not a skill gate. I prefer pvp, a non scripted challenge, along with a healthy happy game community. I don't troll players who are frustrated and struggling by asking for buffs when I could simply remove my CP or not wear the BiS.

You can buff it yourself so why don't you? Others plan to try no CP why don't you if you find it too easy? Another poster did it without vigor, another in first person. Those guys enjoy challege enough to provide it themselves and they don't even need to post their accomplishments in their signature. Those guys impress me, people like Joy Division impress me by always ecouraging players when they struggle. That is what challenge is about, personal development and community development.
    Edited by Armitas on September 19, 2016 12:38PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭
    My two cents OP.....

I have reached stage 5 of the arena, and used the save feature. A week ago, I reached the end of stage 4 and struggled through it, and then was completely at a loss as to how to damage the engine guardian boss(I'm a melee stam sorc). I decided to walk away from it, and do a few other things. I logged off, went about my day, then I looked up a video from someobe who plays a stam NB and realized a few mechanic things I hadn't paid attention to, and the fact that you can take out that engine guardian within melee range.

Here comes the point of what I'm trying to say - I used my save feature after watching that video, and breezed thru stage 4 without dying, reached the end and defeated the engine guardian. Then I wen't to stage 5 lol......I reached the end of that stage, and died countless times in the process. My game crashed, and I had to start over from at beginning of stage 5. I went in, and reached the end boss again, WITH FAR FEWER deaths the second time.

This is how I am going to approach VMA - it's a mental test. I know that I will beat it, and I even have a goal of getting flawless. It's just a matter of realizing YOU WILL get better as you do it.

NerfING it would take this challenge away from me, and I would not be happy of they did........even if I get a crap reward at the end lol.

DON'T GIVE UP
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely not.

I love the challenge and some others do too, all content is not for everyone (I hate pvp so I don't play that etc)
    Take some armor pieces off, don't use CP, don't wear the BiS sets for vMA. There you go, hard mode.

I have completed VMA so I can handle it. It's scripted, it's a matter of learning it, not a skill gate. I prefer pvp, a non scripted challenge, along with a healthy happy game community. I don't troll players who are frustrated and struggling by asking for buffs when I could simply remove my CP or not wear the BiS.

You can buff it yourself so why don't you? Others plan to try no CP why don't you if you find it too easy? Another poster did it without vigor, another in first person. Those guys enjoy challege enough to provide it themselves and they don't even need to post their accomplishments in their signature. Those guys impress me, people like Joy Division impress me by always ecouraging players when they struggle. That is what challenge is about, personal development and community development.

You say you can handle it, yet you complain and whine about L2P issues.

And why would a Hard mode be so bad when Dungeons and Trials have them?
    Did you also tell the Raiding community to remove equipment and CP before Trials were revamped?

I simply post that I would rather like a buff, and Hard mode, rather han a nerf, like many of you want. So if Zenimax reads these threads, they won't just see people crying for nerfs, and maybe understand that some of us don't like all content being laughably easy and nerfed until nothingness.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • rebody
    rebody
    ✭✭✭
    I've done it twice already and both times stressed me out at the last stage but I kept at it and beat it (mostly pure luck though lol). I still have issues with the last boss and at times want to give up but I know I have to keep at it and will beat it again. Never give up and when you start to stress out and you get real angry, step away and take a break and come back at it again when you are ready.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely not.

Did you also tell the Raiding community to remove equipment and CP before Trials were revamped?

I simply post that I would rather like a buff, and Hard mode, rather han a nerf, like many of you want. So if Zenimax reads these threads, they won't just see people crying for nerfs, and maybe understand that some of us don't like all content being laughably easy and nerfed until nothingness.

Animation cancelling npcs and rng cannot be learned against. Yeah I'm going to complain about that because the frustration factor is threating the whole community. Strawman all you want but I never asked for it to be nerfed, I asked that the points of unnecessary frustrations that are destroying parts of the community be dealt with, and that there be other ways to do it besides dry healing and massive dps to avoid mechanics.

The community isn't wanting to kill themselves (literally), smash stuff or quit the game over hardmode trials. I have done all but vMoL hard they don't frustrate or fracture the community. A healthy community is much greater then your desire for a buff that you can accomplish yourself. Title only hard mode no biggie, buff it and you will wreck the community right now, people are are out of their minds in frustration. Not just the people who haven't done it either, even the people who have done it over 300x without the weapon they want.
    Edited by Armitas on September 19, 2016 1:35PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Hamiltonmath
    Hamiltonmath
    ✭✭✭
    I think it should get a tiny bit easier, even though I know mechanics, a lot of the reason I'm at the point I am (last boss), is blind luck.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely not.

Animation cancelling npcs and rng cannot be learned against. Yeah I'm going to complain about that because the frustration factor is threating the whole community. Strawman all you want but I never asked for it to be nerfed, I asked that the points of unnecessary frustrations that are destroying parts of the community be dealt with, and that there be other ways to do it besides dry healing and massive dps to avoid mechanics.

The community isn't wanting to kill themselves (literally), smash stuff or quit the game over hardmode trials. I have done all but vMoL hard they don't frustrate or fracture the community. A healthy community is much greater then your desire for a buff that you can accomplish yourself. Title only hard mode no biggie, buff it and you will wreck the community right now, people are are out of their minds in frustration. Not just the people who haven't done it either, even the people who have done it over 300x without the weapon they want.

NPC's don't animation cancel, it's lag or bad ISP that make it looks that way, as I have said before.

If playing something is affecting ones health, mental or physical, you shouldn't be engaging in those activities. And one should seek help, seriously. It's a game.

Everything is not for everyone.

I can't stand PVP, yet I would like the skill points for the ranks and costume for emperor, but instead of complaining about nerfs and getting the rewards handed to me for less effort, I simply accept the situation.

Hard mode could simply be new titles and double drops in chests, simple as that.
    Oh and we desperately need a token system, the RNG trait grinding is the worst.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hard Mode VMA - OMFG - laying on ground crying now!
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • phaseadept
    phaseadept
    ✭✭✭
    Success tends to be far too dependent on RNG and min/max setups.

For those that have beat it, I'm sure there's a cookie somewhere.

For the rest of us, it's just not enjoyable.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely not.

NPC's don't animation cancel, it's lag or bad ISP that make it looks that way, as I have said before.

If playing something is affecting ones health, mental or physical, you shouldn't be engaging in those activities. And one should seek help, seriously. It's a game.

Everything is not for everyone.

I can't stand PVP, yet I would like the skill points for the ranks and costume for emperor, but instead of complaining about nerfs and getting the rewards handed to me for less effort, I simply accept the situation.

Hard mode could simply be new titles and double drops in chests, simple as that.
    Oh and we desperately need a token system, the RNG trait grinding is the worst.

It doesn't matter what the source of it is. Animation cancel is just a word people understand. What matters is that its happening and it doesn't matter about your isp or pc, it happens when they are fine. Dying to rng is just as dumb.

He should seek help but what does it say about the content that it makes people suicidal and enraged?

I have Emp, 40 AR skill points from pvp, all vHM but mol achievements and vma clear, sometime I will work on FC. I don't have the playtime of most but I fought darn hard for emp and got it. I do it all whether I like it or not. I am fine with any challenge.

Ask for that kind of hard mode, people can handle that, buffing the whole thing would be soul crushing for many people.

Edited by Armitas on September 19, 2016 2:48PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Kirameku
    Kirameku
    ✭✭✭
    I got stacked on last boss with my mana sorc 4 months ago. I tried like 100+ times but never managed to destroy all crystals. On the other hand yesterday I cleared it on stamina sorc and it was really easier when I got used to it. May be you have to change class or gear, nothing actually impossible in vma. Running from guards is bad idea, just learn to burst them.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kirameku wrote: »
    I got stacked on last boss with my mana sorc 4 months ago. I tried like 100+ times but never managed to destroy all crystals. On the other hand yesterday I cleared it on stamina sorc and it was really easier when I got used to it. May be you have to change class or gear, nothing actually impossible in vma. Running from guards is bad idea, just learn to burst them.

Yeah when I completed it I realized it was a puzzle more than a challenge. First I didn't have the dps, so i went TBS, then I didn't have the sustain so I went with an additional 5 vo, then I still didn't have the dps to really take all 3 crystals down reliably in one go. So I put trap beast on and they just melted. Dropped down grabbed everything and wrecked the boss. I was happy after I did it but also dissapointed that it was like this. I didn't feel like I played through it, I felt like I dpsed the heck out of it to avoid actually playing it because playing it is how you actually die in this dungeon. It's kind of strange that the best way to finish it is to avoid playing it because playing it is what kills you.
    Edited by Armitas on September 19, 2016 3:03PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK