Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for Misc. System Updates in One Tamriel

• Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for other miscellaneous system updates in One Tamriel. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • Did you find any treasure maps? Did they correctly direct you to treasure?

I had found and opened two chests from CE treasure maps.
    Neither had given me a set item.

EDIT: found a bunch more, no set items from any of them.
    CE_chest.png
    Edited by Dubhliam on September 5, 2016 11:35AM
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scaling all the nodes is unnatural . Tamriel is a world isn't it ? The nodes must don't scale after player skill or passives.. Its stupid a low lvl or low skilled crafting player to gather iron ore from a node ..and other player ( skilled and high lvl ) to gather rubedite from the same node. I understand this in DLC -s( they launched after the base game was for some time the only content)

The current system is ok.also with revamped Craglorn . Let the node system as it is ..only scale craglorn , and gold areas .

Also u can let the actual system in dlc areas..but don't alter it in areas meant for lvling 1-50.

Please don't break one of the best crafting systems ever saw in mmo world. If I need to craft something for a low lvl friend I dont want to loose the option to go to an area to gather lower materials to craft a low level gear.

Please leave the nodes aimed for leveling 1-50 as they are .

Thank you in advance!

English is not my native language.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scaling all the nodes is unnatural . Tamriel is a world isn't it ? The nodes must don't scale after player skill or passives.. Its stupid a low lvl or low skilled crafting player to gather iron ore from a node ..and other player ( skilled and high lvl ) to gather rubedite from the same node. I understand this in DLC -s( they launched after the base game was for some time the only content)

I was not happy with the way they are mitigating this. The comment during the panel was that they have compensated for the scaled nodes in the writ reward system. I have yet to see what this really means.

The fact of the matter is that I think that Phil Draven and Rich Lambert made the wrong decision. I am sure the subject came up and was discussed, and the decision was deliberate. We will probably never know why. Schedule? Too costly? Hard for players? Reduce dependency on Guild Traders? Dunno.

My guess is that next time they go through the game in an attempt to make it "more Elder Scrolls" that they will visit this, again. Right now, the game world in Skyrim made more sense from a crafting resource perspective than ESO. Solo games are all about the player and what the player needs, and scaled resources fit into that well. In Skyrim, an iron ore vein is always an iron ore vein. Meanwhile, persistent world MMO games are all about the needs of multiple players that can interact and are less about providing for the needs of individual players, and static resources are much less single-player focused. Skyrim has the better multiplayer resource node system while ESO has the better solo RPG game system.

While I am on the subject, Elder Scrolls handles soul gems much better than what they did in ESO. The variety and power of the different souls and soul gems made much more sense in Morrowind. In ESO, they are almost an after-thought, and One Tamriel makes that more apparent.

So, while they have made great strides in making ESO more of an "Elder Scrolls" experience, there is more that they can do, if they want.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • emeraldbay
    emeraldbay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there's one point that hasn't been addressed in this big crafting node debacle: roleplay.

As a roleplayer, I want to be able to craft items in lower levels because I like the way they look. It's not about being able to go into dungeons with gear that suits my build--I can already do that just fine, and with One Tamriel, it'll be even easier.

With One Tamriel, however, I will no longer have the ability to gather mats for tiers 2-4. What if I want to make an awesome RP set that utilizes hide, leather, and flax? It's idiotic that in a game with so much freedom of exploration and customization, I should have to rely on someone else just to gather these materials--something I could once do perfectly fine on my own.
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for other miscellaneous system updates in One Tamriel. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • Do you have any other general feedback?

I've /bug'ged about the new item comparaison system.

1. It doesn't work on all items.
    2. In FR and DE, the UI overlapse.
    3. You should display a better formula for comparaison. Show the difference and use percentage everywhere please !
    4. The 5th bonus is not taken in count.
    5. The comparator should be on the tooltip ITSELF. If someone Link an item, I'm unable to compare it.

Few examples :

fdd0f9e1a78194aaccb5f5ab20a81cb2.jpg

Stats fall and rise . I don't know from how much to how much ? Percentageeeeeeeee 0.1% or 1020% ?

The 5th bonus give (and ONLY give) Weapon damage.
    If I wear that item, I will loose the 5th piece bonus. It's not shown.
    PS: When making the screenshot I had a 2 handed sword equipped.

Diablo III item comparator (good) :

eb384fad0b293530f931d0e35af28a36.jpg

Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was not happy with the way they are mitigating this. The comment during the panel was that they have compensated for the scaled nodes in the writ reward system. I have yet to see what this really means.

The fact of the matter is that I think that Phil Draven and Rich Lambert made the wrong decision. I am sure the subject came up and was discussed, and the decision was deliberate. We will probably never know why. Schedule? Too costly? Hard for players? Reduce dependency on Guild Traders? Dunno.

My guess is that next time they go through the game in an attempt to make it "more Elder Scrolls" that they will visit this, again. Right now, the game world in Skyrim made more sense from a crafting resource perspective than ESO. Solo games are all about the player and what the player needs, and scaled resources fit into that well. In Skyrim, an iron ore vein is always an iron ore vein. Meanwhile, persistent world MMO games are all about the needs of multiple players that can interact and are less about providing for the needs of individual players, and static resources are much less single-player focused. Skyrim has the better multiplayer resource node system while ESO has the better solo RPG game system.
    Maybe instead of scaling all nodes, they should be location-appropriate. Take wood, for example: all logs in Glenumbra's Daenia forest should be Oak and Beech; logs in The Rift forests should be Birch and Maple; logs in Shadowfen should be Hickory and Mahogany. (The examples may be inaccurate, but the essence of what I'm trying to say is there.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

Maybe instead of scaling all nodes, they should be location-appropriate. Take wood, for example: all logs in Glenumbra's Daenia forest should be Oak and Beech; logs in The Rift forests should be Birch and Maple; logs in Shadowfen should be Hickory and Mahogany. (The examples may be inaccurate, but the essence of what I'm trying to say is there.)

That is one way of doing it, and one that would make sense from a game world, lore, and immersion perspective. However, they don't have to do it like that.

Personally, I would still stick with the zone-specific resource nodes. Each zone has a list of resources that are available in it. Much the same as the item sets. You want the item set, you go to a zone that has it. You want the resource, you go to a zone that has it.

In my mind, having the resources scale encourages people to hang around a particular zone and stay there. A flaw of One Tamriel is in my slogan for it: "A world of places to visit, no reason to leave home." The developers have to make the zones something to go to. Right now, it sounds like Sets are the big reason to go places. There are other reasons, but Sets are attracting attention. Resource nodes would make for another reason and get the players to move into different zones from time to time. Of course, DLC would stay the same, which would allow players a "home base" that could provide resources at the level they need.

It might be worthwhile to note that many people will hunt Sets from the convenience of their home base. It is not necessary to actually travel to the zone with the dungeon.

Back to what I said above, I think that scaled nodes are cheaper and easier to implement and solve a subset of player problems, like confusion about where to find resources and unwillingness to actually go out and find them. My hope is that, upon some future review, they will see the benefit of using static nodes and how these things can help move players around in the world in a way that gives the game more of an Elder Scrolls feel.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

...snip...
    The writ rewards now hand out often a box of 25 random level mats. I have by now done thrice all writs with cp300 template and i saw four of those boxes.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if it is the correct thread to report this, but anyway :smile:

Three areas of the game are gated behind quests : Bal Foyen, Bethnik and Coldharbour. It is simply impossible to get there with a new character without questing or using the "teleport to friend" workaround.
    Also, once in Hollow City, it is impossible to reach the northern part of Coldharbour without finishing the main quest.

Please fix :)

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Three areas of the game are gated behind quests : Bal Foyen, Bethnik and Coldharbour. It is simply impossible to get there with a new character without questing or using the "teleport to friend" workaround.
    Also, once in Hollow City, it is impossible to reach the northern part of Coldharbour without finishing the main quest.

Bal Foyen... just walk there from Stonefalls.

Betnikh is not possible until the quest line in Strohs is completed.

Coldharbour should be locked by quest (or travel to) simply because it is not Tamriel. Wait for the One Oblivion update. :smile:

Edit: Removed prior edit. Azoufah handles travel arrangements between alliances (at least in Daggerfall) Although, she is bugged.
    Edited by Elsonso on September 5, 2016 8:17PM
  • Lord_Graywolfe
    For the mats I think what they should do is remove the level tie in. Keep the same mats they have now in each zone. Have it so you can use rawhide for any level gear it just takes more of it as you make higher levels and you can use high end stuff for low level gear just takes less of it. You know maybe 1 mat per level, 10 mats for level 10 gear, 50 mats for level 50 gear, 160 for cp160. Have the material you are using decide on how the gear will look when crafted. I have never liked that each time I move up a tier that look of the gear keeps changing, if I wanted it to look different I would use different material you know what I mean. A Breton jerkin made in leather would still be a different style than an Orc jerkin made in leather but the jerkin would not start looking more like chain mail as the levels went up the way they do now. I hope that makes sense. :)
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Coldharbour should be locked by quest (or travel to) simply because it is not Tamriel. Wait for the One Oblivion update. :smile:

Edit: Removed prior edit. Azoufah handles travel arrangements between alliances (at least in Daggerfall) Although, she is bugged.

For Bal Foyen : oh, what direction should I go ? Sorry but since I always did the quest I never realized we could walk (or i don't remember).

Coldharbour : I don't know if this is intended, I don't think it should be locked, it's pretty much against the whole concept, but let's wait what ZOS says/does.

And yes, Azoufah is bugged, she's not the only one. All 3 "intra-alliance" boats are bugged. Betnik is supposed to be reachable by boat too but bugged as well.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on September 5, 2016 8:59PM
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For Bal Foyen : oh, what direction should I go ? Sorry but since I always did the quest I never realized we could walk (or i don't remember).

Coldharbour : I don't know if this is intended, I don't think it should be locked, it's pretty much against the whole concept, but let's wait what ZOS says/does.

And yes, Azoufah is bugged, she's not the only one. All 3 "intra-alliance" boats are bugged. Betnik is supposed to be reachable by boat too but bugged as well.

I think you just go southeast of Davon's Watch to Bal Foyen.

EDIT: and yes, I think Coldharbor should stay locked behind the main storyline.
    After all, you can't simply WALK into an Oblivion plane.
    Edited by Dubhliam on September 5, 2016 9:02PM
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Scaling all the nodes is unnatural .

So are dragons, undead, life draining spells, ghosts, teleporting, liches, werewolves, vampires, daedra,
    etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

If we accept "unnatural" as a basis for removal or not being allowed in the game, we have a lot of deletion to do.

Should loot also not scale? Should players characters not scale? There are a g'zillion things that scale now, more to come once OneT gets in but hey lets say PLANTS scaling is forbidden and against the law of nature... why?

The overall game is not served by zone-locked mats when thw wehole game and gameplay goes "unlocked zones".

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    The overall game is not served by zone-locked mats when thw wehole game and gameplay goes "unlocked zones".

Actually, the resources would not be locked to a zone any more than sets are locked to a zone. It makes sense to place things in zones in order to encourage people to go there. Each zone is different and offers different things. Except for resources. Each zone offers the same resources.

• Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's just me but I don't like getting treasure maps to far off locations for buried treasure that will give me set pieces for that zone. I'd much prefer to keep those maps local to the area where I found it and where I might be trying to get a 5-piece set.

Lower level soul gems... Having just Grand drop everywhere now is a great thing. No longer will we need to bank lower level ones for future alts. But if it's not too much coding trouble, it'd be nice to get those lower level ones we already have converted to Grand instead of just becoming vendor trash.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Actually, the resources would not be locked to a zone any more than sets are locked to a zone. It makes sense to place things in zones in order to encourage people to go there. Each zone is different and offers different things. Except for resources. Each zone offers the same resources.

Apples and oranges.

The sets are different flavors of gear and so for certain builds some people might have different sets they want.

But the sets ALL scale to the character.

Similarly, mats all scale to the character.

Thats so every zone is a viable usegul playground for all characters.

If setsvhad thrir level determined by zone of origin, as it does now, you would have a point.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Apples and oranges.

I view this as a reason to go to the zone, in addition to being a broader commodity. One of the cool things about crafting in ESO is that the raw materials have a wider use in-game than merely crafting equipment.

Edited by Elsonso on September 5, 2016 11:15PM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Apples and oranges.

I view this as a reason to go to the zone, in addition to being a broader commodity. One of the cool things about crafting in ESO is that the raw materials have a wider use in-game than merely crafting equipment.

Raw mats have one use in game - to be refined.
    Refined mats have onr use in gsme - msking gear.
    Both can be sold of course.
    Key is, raw ruby stuff refines just as well as steel or kresh so forcing unwanted mats into zone locked geograpy separate from the population of players doesnt srrve either of those better.

But with every major change some ways things are done change so this is one.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• bmcxp
    bmcxp
    ✭✭✭
    No it just devastates the crafting economy.
    Member of the ESO Realm
    Castellan of Guild Medieval

(@BMCXP)
    Nevaehtwo, & Nerata Oaken-Shield, Professions Master, Explorer
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Apples and oranges.

Key is, raw ruby stuff refines just as well as steel or kresh so forcing unwanted mats into zone locked geograpy separate from the population of players doesnt srrve either of those better.

For some reason you don't seem like you really do this stuff. You know when you talk to someone about stuff that you really "know", and the the other person kinda talks the talk and knows some of the lingo but just seems "off"? Yeah, you're that guy. Maybe you do know and your communication is a bit off, but I'd say probably not. How many sets has your master crafter crafted for off-level characters in the last month? How do you think this change is going to affect your ability to continue to do that?
  • bmcxp
    bmcxp
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone notice that Stevil has only been a member of the ESO community since March of this year.
    There is no way he is a crafter and has no idea of how long it takes to become a Master Crafter.

Opps, sorry for the Flame.
    Edited by bmcxp on September 6, 2016 12:34AM
    Member of the ESO Realm
    Castellan of Guild Medieval

(@BMCXP)
    Nevaehtwo, & Nerata Oaken-Shield, Professions Master, Explorer
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, in all fairness, it took me a good 5 months before I finally made an account on the forum!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Apples and oranges.

Different crafting resources in the game makes it attractive to farm lower level materials for refinement, the byproduct of which can be sold to people looking to improve gear, or make lower level gear. I can also use it to equip my own lower level characters without having to farm on that character and get it to the crafter (no crafting bag).

If I am not a farmer, but I want to refine raw materials, why would I want to purchase anything but the cheapest suitable resource? I would much rather purchase cheaper resources for refining and save the top tier resources for crafting. Having different resources actively being farmed in the game means that there will be an active market across all resources, and those resources will sell for different prices.

If I am not a farmer, but I need to create armor for my character, I need to purchase the right materials, not just the top tier materials that everyone wants to sell. Iron, Jute, and Maple will be common, mainly because half of what everyone finds will be this, but what if I need high iron and don't want to collect a hundred of them so I can craft my armor? A variety of resources available to everyone allows other people to farm resources that might be useful to this sort of player.

For a price, I am willing to do both of those things for those players who do not want to farm. This is the big difference between Skyrim and ESO, and is part of the multiplayer aspect of the game. I work to farm materials and am rewarded by other players (not the game) when they buy and use it. This is part of what makes ESO more rewarding to play than Skyrim.

I might add that farming crafting materials and selling them is one of the few "endless" activities in this game that can provide longer term players something constructive to do. There is a steady demand for crafting material, and will be as long as there is sufficient influx of new characters. This is a self-directed "daily" created by the players, not the developers. It does not require the developers to further enable this. (Although, the developers can certainly hinder it.)

So, at the core, assigning resources to different zones provides multiple benefits.

1. It ensures that all resources remain available in the game world to all characters. Players are free to acquire these materials using either gold or time. Players can easily choose what resources they want to collect, instead of the game.
    2. It encourages players to move about the world when filling a crafting resource need rather than just staying in one zone. They opened up the whole world in this update to every character at every level. It is incumbent upon them to provide reasons for all types of players to explore the whole world.
    3. It promotes multiplayer commerce in crafting materials, and crafted materials, by making it so that the system does not favor the top and bottom tiers of materials.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bmcxp wrote: »
    Anyone notice that Stevil has only been a member of the ESO community since March of this year.
    There is no way he is a crafter and has no idea of how long it takes to become a Master Crafter.

Opps, sorry for the Flame.

All those who know the difference between joining to actively post on the forums and playing the game please raise your hands.

All those who know the difference between a long period of reading and a period of joining then posting raise your hands.

All those who know the difference between posting about a game topic and posting about a poster raise your hands?

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bmcxp wrote: »
    No it just devastates the crafting economy.

Tell you what... I will copy this to my faves and we can revisit it in 3 months to see how devastated the crafting economy is.

Wish i had done that for all the ENCHANTS ARE DOOMED node threads and POSIONS KILL ESO threads before they launched.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm rarely asked to craft lower level gear, so this may not be feasible, but what if they added another potential tier to the materials you can get?

Something like, 30% chance at the 'indigenous' tier, 35% chance at your current level's tier, and 35% chance at your crafting level's tier? They could distribute the 'indigenous' tiers based on what makes sense in the lore, with the caveat that each alliance should have a mix of high, middle, and low tiers. Craglorn would remain tier 9, and all of the DLCs would either remain at the current 50-50 split or become tier 10 (since folks paid money for those zones, so we don't want to needlessly devalue them).

Would this be a useful to folks looking for a steady source of lower tier mats? Like I said, I don't need them myself, but seeing different materials in different zones (based on lore, not artificial level restrictions) would certainly add to the texture of the world.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    smacx250 wrote: »

Apples and oranges.

For some reason you don't seem like you really do this stuff. You know when you talk to someone about stuff that you really "know", and the the other person kinda talks the talk and knows some of the lingo but just seems "off"? Yeah, you're that guy. Maybe you do know and your communication is a bit off, but I'd say probably not. How many sets has your master crafter crafted for off-level characters in the last month? How do you think this change is going to affect your ability to continue to do that?

To be honest in the last month? two i think but i dont have a log so... meh.

In both cases they offered me the mats and pay and i turned down both.
    I dont charge for bites. i dont charge for casual crafting and even occasional heavier stuff. (I think the biggest surprise i gave someone was helping after VET went away someone here by giving them a cp160 5pc drop set and crafting them another cp160 set that fitted together while refusing payment.)

But frankly the majority of the crafting requests i have gotten since vet ranks went away were for top tier stuff because that is where the majority of the demand shifted to.
    (Which is why having the majority of the zones locked to less than top tier is needless and non-reflective of the base population as a whole.)

But, as i have said, i am NOT a trading guild "all my characters are all master crafted in everything" guy like so many who come up with such odd cases for how OneT will wreck the games economy (more and more that sounds to me like double-speak for "how i make money off other players now wont be the same") so as i have said it may affect some more than others. just like every significant or even minor game change does.

Its one of the reasons i advocate not only here but in the feedback threads for them to remove the lower limit on equipment level crafting by mat type.

But without being a crafting guilder with 12 masters of everything, i guess i can still see the sense in linking "what mats are generated" to "what mats can be used" for the overall health of the crafting aspect... even if it means more people having more of the mats they need means those wanting to profit by selling mats wont be able to harvest as much gold from other players.

EDIT:

Was on the toilet when i realized i answered the wrong question. you asked about off-level characters and i answered for off-level character of other players.

i have eight character at cp160+ but four newer characters at 9-35 which i have been levelling. So in the last maybe two mohts i have crafted about nine of them at the levels between 4 and 35. Since some of them were for "lets try this out on expendable mats"

What i found was interesting. i altered my habits to meet the new paradigm. For example - since i have plenty of the tier one mats gathered by all my cp160 guys who aren't master crafters in the various crafts (none have mastered more than three crafts, a few none.) i altered my usual crafting scheme.

i craft at 4 of course. Then i craft at 14!!! not 16 like i used to. i shifted to "craft at the end of a tier instead of the beginning" which meants the lower level got tons of them mats covered the advancement thru like 26. (Note that with scaled nodes in OneT that period between 14-25 would be harvesting the tier 2 mats at 50% so by the time we hit time for the next tier...) Then at the end of tier 2, i can craft tier 23 maxed to serve me while i harvested for tier 3 end.

Not that it is necessary to do that to cover the content even with only 10cp assigned to regen instead of the 531 available.

i did this as an experiment to see how different crafying scheme than the locked zone world would work out.

Some will adapt to change. Some will not. others will gripe. Some will call it an apocalypse.

and some will see the massive good it does for the vast majority of the players.

IF WE HAD POLLED HORSE AND BUGGY MAKES AT THE TIME, WE WOULDN'T HAVE CARS TODAY
    Edited by STEVIL on September 6, 2016 2:15AM
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    opaj wrote: »
    I'm rarely asked to craft lower level gear, so this may not be feasible, but what if they added another potential tier to the materials you can get?

Something like, 30% chance at the 'indigenous' tier, 35% chance at your current level's tier, and 35% chance at your crafting level's tier? They could distribute the 'indigenous' tiers based on what makes sense in the lore, with the caveat that each alliance should have a mix of high, middle, and low tiers. Craglorn would remain tier 9, and all of the DLCs would either remain at the current 50-50 split or become tier 10 (since folks paid money for those zones, so we don't want to needlessly devalue them).

Would this be a useful to folks looking for a steady source of lower tier mats? Like I said, I don't need them myself, but seeing different materials in different zones (based on lore, not artificial level restrictions) would certainly add to the texture of the world.

Well lets eee...

how about gear drops from your kills, dungeons, trials, delves, quests and so forth including PVP also have a 30% chance to be of some lower level than you are?

THAT way if someone wanted to go "harvest" a set of CP50 necropotence and the zone with necropotence just happened to be permanently set to Cp 50 the higher level guy could go harvest it for the guy approaching cp50 - just like he can get mats for them.

Wont it be great for the set economy if 30% of the sets coming out of 2/3 of the zones weren't tied to anyones level? A lot of people will have stuff they cant use for sell to other people who mostly cant use it either and the economy will boom.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have any other general feedback?
    • Going through Wayshrines removes my adornments / body markings / face markings / etc. that I "equipped" from the collections menu and they get reverted back to my original character appearance. This is only visual and only local. My friends still see the changes on my character but I do not. When I got to the collections menu to re-apply them there is no check-mark beside the ones I have selected, yet I have to select another option before I can re-apply the one I wanted.
    • After logging in to my first character on the PTS my character was standing in her armor instead of her costume. The character page showed the costume however. This only happened one time but did happen to a friend as well.