Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for One Tamriel Itemization Changes

• Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Now, if we only can change the appearance of our items without being forced into very limited costumes or using subpar crafted sets.

No kidding
  • Lavum
    Lavum
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,
    I noticed no mention of Shields in the patch note. Is it implied that they are going to be dropped or are they not included?

Regards,
    Lavum
    Don't say -"Cash Grab" when it is a "Cash Grab" by ZoS. Apparently "Cash Grab" is not PC.
  • eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the itemization changes in One Tamriel. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • Did you know where to find set items? Was it clear that certain set items were associated with zones?
    • Did you get any set drops that were intended for a different zone, or any gear that was an unexpected level?
    • Did you receive an item that changes or impacts your current build/abilities?
    • Are you happier with the new quest objective rewards?
    • Which of the new sets are you most looking forward to, and why?
    • Are there any new sets you would like to see changed?
    • Do you have any other general feedback?

Did you receive an item that changes or impacts your current build/abilities?

Yes, loads of them do.

Are there any new sets you would like to see changed?

Yes, I can see an undaunted set has Physical Penetration, since magicka users can't get a lot of magicka penetration I would like to see one of the magicka sets wich is giving maximum magicka give us magicka penetration. It would be fair.

Do you have any other general feedback?

I can't see a lot of interesting sets for magicka builds.
    Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Initial thoughts prior to testing;

Bind of quip for everything is a terrible idea even with group share.

The universal monster helms and shoulders; one or two of them need a prismatic one pice. Plus X health and y magica and stamina.

In particular Ice Heart the one piece should be weapon and spell crit or prismatic or plus health.
  • jonathanonmarsnrb18_ESO
    There's already a lot of good stamina armor sets in the game, not to mention the ones that just got released.
    Yes there are 2 or 3 good magicka sets that have been released, which are mirror images of their stamina counterparts.
    The one that bugs me the most is the fact that there isn't a set that gives a 5pc set bonus for increase in magic damage, whereas there is a set that increases ALL physical damage. Magicka users instead have to choose from armor sets that boost frost or shock damage, but not one that increases ALL magic damage.
    Also there is a set that gives max stamina for all set bonuses as a constant buff, whereas the only other counterpart for magicka is Necropotence, which only works when there is a pet active.
    There needs to be at least a counterpart for magicka armor sets.

It's just plainly not fair that stamina builds are able to achieve such high max stamina AND weapon damage, without having to sacrifice much ability to sustain resources, whereas magicka builds have to choose between one or the other, while having to choose from armor sets that give boosts to frost damage, shock damage, fire damage...Why not just give boost in spell damage or max magicka OVERALL? At least give magicka users an option to be able to choose to invest heavily on max magicka or spell damage, without those options JUST being in light armour. Maybe give some of those options in heavy armour as well!

Was really hoping for some balancing to give magicka users some love in Update 12, which a large part can be balanced through gearing, which it sadly has not at the moment.
    It's been the stamina meta pre-Update 12, and looks like it still will be post-Update 12.
    #whereisthelove
    Edited by jonathanonmarsnrb18_ESO on September 3, 2016 2:50AM
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's already a lot of good stamina armor sets in the game, not to mention the ones that just got released.
    Yes there are 2 or 3 good magicka sets that have been released, which are mirror images of their stamina counterparts.
    The one that bugs me the most is the fact that there isn't a set that gives a 5pc set bonus for increase in magic damage, whereas there is a set that increases ALL physical damage. Magicka users instead have to choose from armor sets that boost frost or shock damage, but not one that increases ALL magic damage.
    Also there is a set that gives max stamina for all set bonuses as a constant buff, whereas the only other counterpart for magicka is Necropotence, which only works when there is a pet active.
    There needs to be at least a counterpart for magicka armor sets.

The "physical" set don't boost all stamina damage, poison and disease damage aren't boosted. But yes, there is far more stamina damage than thunder, frost of even fire damage.
    Right again for Necropotence, the 5cp bonus need to be changed to no requirement, or it must be seriously boosted.

Beside, we have a lot of interesting set, who open a lot of door for theorycrafting or building. But seriously, you missed something ZOS : where is our "give a lot of X resistance" set (X : physical, disease, poison, magical, fire, thunder, ice…) ? Where is the set we can take in order to totally counter a type of build, while being nearly naked against other builds ? You give weapon-based offensive build, damage-type based offensive build, but where are the heavy counter ? There is only generic tanking actually, and only a few (useless) set against one type of damage.
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »
    The "physical" set don't boost all stamina damage, poison and disease damage aren't boosted. But yes, there is far more stamina damage than thunder, frost of even fire damage.
    Right again for Necropotence, the 5cp bonus need to be changed to no requirement, or it must be seriously boosted.

Beside, we have a lot of interesting set, who open a lot of door for theorycrafting or building. But seriously, you missed something ZOS : where is our "give a lot of X resistance" set (X : physical, disease, poison, magical, fire, thunder, ice…) ? Where is the set we can take in order to totally counter a type of build, while being nearly naked against other builds ? You give weapon-based offensive build, damage-type based offensive build, but where are the heavy counter ? There is only generic tanking actually, and only a few (useless) set against one type of damage.

I have been digging at that Necropotence set for a while, claiming it was ZoS way of "fixing" pets and move on (which it doesn't), which hinders diversity as this happens to other playstyles as well. Now that you mention that we are missing resistance forms of X type of damage, I realize this is happening with all the new sets, and has been like this since Orsinium. Things have became rather generic and here I was thinking "now everyone will have set bonuses that will be easy to obtain with a guaranteed drop rate, maybe ZoS will have an easier time balancing the game".

I honestly don't know what to think right now.
    Edited by SirMewser on September 3, 2016 3:49AM
  • ClockworkArc
    ClockworkArc
    ✭✭✭
    The BoP for dungeon sets would be easier to deal with if there were no Training and Prosperous. Even a reinforced light sash gives me more piece of mind.
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Trial set are a JOKE

Honnest Zenimax, Trial set are a JOKE ! the new trial set are underwhelming and feel at best BAD !

I didn't have issue with some of those back in the day, Twice-Fang Serpent or Destructive Mage and I could have use any example from the list are just awfull !!! I mean litterally awfull !!!

They have been created for a SOFT CAP META !!! You know it, I know it ! So what's up with those ??? Dommage is underwhelming, actually Twice-Fang-Serpent can be good, but Destructive Mage no way and the other 3 pièces set... I mean they have obviously been port from what use to be there to actual trial set. Defending Warrior Same joke and list goes on !

You guys really need to tell me if you plan to create any incentive for player who want to start a trial progression group nowaday !

EDIT Some set could be nice if they were to give additionnally some of the bonus you guys created as an example give major crit or major sorcery. That idea ain't bad, I wouldn't sacrifice a bonus for it but I might enjoy to get it from trial gear for example !
    Edited by potirondb16_ESO on September 3, 2016 4:24AM
  • craigr02
    craigr02
    ✭✭✭
    That's something in talky not looking forward too is bind on pickup gear. Always have hated it. I do like all jewery and weapons on all sets, that will open up a lot builds. I am a magika build most times, and am looking forward to trying some out like and Marshall knowledge. Also interested in the soul shine set, and jewelry of lich and spc weapons, or jewelry. After my game finishes downloading I'll be getting on and trying this out. Will probably try out lich spc combo.
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    (EDITED UP THERE)
    Edited by potirondb16_ESO on September 3, 2016 4:24AM
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the itemization changes in One Tamriel. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    Shrouded Armor:
    -Renamed this item set to Witchman Armor.
    -This item set now has a 3-piece bonus of Weapon Damage instead of Magicka Recovery.
    -This item set now also restores 6880 Stamina when you activate an Ultimate ability in addition to healing you for 6880 Health.

Hello! I'm very happy to see one of my favorite v14 set's getting overhauled!.. however i have a couple issue's.

My first issue:
    I really enjoyed the Magicka Recovery on this set. I personally would prefer if this set maintained it's magicka recovery bonus for a couple of reasons.
    • 1: This set was one of the only sets to give both stamina and magicka recovery on a medium Armour set. This made the set very good for medium Armour stamina builds who were magicka heavy.
    • 2: I don't want to see everyone using this set and adding weapon damage to this set just add's to the power creep with itemization. The magicka recovery makes this set a lot more balanced in my opinion and add's some flavor to the variety of sets we see in game set bonus wise.

My second issue: I loved this set because it meant i could save my ultimate for when i needed health and flip the tides of a fight in my favor... however adding stamina to this set in my opinion is going to be very overpowered. I'll explain why below.
    • 1: There is a specific class that becomes very very powerful when you add a set that increases stamina return when you use an ultimate. Dragon-knights have a passive that returns resources when you use an ultimate. So when you combine this set with a Dragon-knight, when you use an ultimate you will return to 100% resources, health and stamina. Compared to when this set only returned health, this would not be so much an issue in my opinion because you could burn through a Dragon-knights stamina pool if they were built with low regen.
    • 2: Since this set now gives weapon damage, a dragon knight can build for FULL damage and completely neglect resource regeneration because of this set. If your out of resources well.... you use an ultimate and bam full resources. At least when this set was magicka recovery there were slight drawbacks which was lower damage output.

So in conclusion i think giving this set in particular stamina as well as health returns may cause issues. I personally think this set should only give you a large boost of health when you use an ultimate, so increasing the bonus of health received when you use an ultimate compared to the old version may be a good idea instead of the added stamina return.

When i look at this set, i see a get out of jail free card. When i used it, i was using duel stat stamina and magicka regen like the set bonuses which lead to a smaller health pool. So whenever i took heavy damage, i knew i could use an Ultimate and recover.

I think the name of this set doesn't really fit what is does, i personally think this set should be renamed and i will even give you an idea. I think this set should be named "Soup's Vengeance" or "An Eye for An Eye". I really liked using this set for that counterattack or tide flipping scenario and i think these 2 names fit really well.

I hope you all at Zenimax well! Thanks for reading. B)B)B)
    PS4 NA DC
  • shrb
    shrb
    ✭✭
    Do the new itemization means that a magplar can run 5p burning spellweave, 5p soulshine, 2p skoria and whatever weapons he wants and have something like +1000 spellpower on Most (all?) his dps abilities?
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is only me or even with all this sets the builds wont change much?

I will never change my widowmaker + velidreth combo for the new sets onestly.
    Signature

• cedheimb16_ESO2
    Infernal Guardian

It is possible (and easy) to move out of the mortar in pvp.
    In pve it is useless since it targets the furthest away enemy. When the proc triggers pve enemies will activate and start moving toward you, meaning all mortars miss.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the way you´re going with the itemisation changes.

However i don´t like how some of the stamina sets have no comparable magica counterpart. Specifically widowmaker, red mountain and viper for dps sets.

The only thing comparable for magica is galerions revenge which is all out terrible compared to every of the stamina sets. Winterborn might fit in aswell but it´s restrictive in weapon choice as it only proccs on specific dmg resulting in very limited buildchoices to complement it.

This gets topped by sets like knights errand or fiords legacy which just offer utility that magica builds can only dream of.

Last but not least magica still does not offer a two weapon option for gearing resulting in the fact that magica builds can´t equipt 2 x 5p sets + monster set without equipping a stamina weaponset.
    When considering how strong some of the new 5p setbonuses are i think it´s about time to either make 2handed weapons account for two set slots or offer a dual wielding magica weaponline.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fire Wrobel.
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure those set which empower specific DD are that strong. I do need to test it on my magDK which has a full set of the sun on a dps test but in-game result have been underwhelming so far.
  • Ivan04
    Ivan04
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gotta say something about Witchman Set (formerly Shrouded Armor) - it's incredibly unbalanced, basically giving everyone DK's Battle Roar passive which doesn't scale with ultimate cost and doesn't have any sort of a cooldown. Nightblades gonna be throwing cheap Incap Strikes everywhere, getting the best ever regen ever seen in the game. Please, reduce the amount of resource return on this set significantly!
    P.S. Same goes for the Lamia's Song set - 7k AOE heal has to have at least a cooldown.
    Edited by Ivan04 on September 3, 2016 6:32PM
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on zos, this isnt wow or some other button mashing game. We need less proc mechanics but more active combat!
    These "% chance to proc" mechanic is harming your game.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shrb wrote: »
    Do the new itemization means that a magplar can run 5p burning spellweave, 5p soulshine, 2p skoria and whatever weapons he wants and have something like +1000 spellpower on Most (all?) his dps abilities?
    People complain about radiant now wait for people start running this.Also That won't work your weapons would have to be spell weave or soulshine.To run 2 5 pieces and a monster set.
    Edited by Jaronking on September 3, 2016 6:30PM
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Witchman and Lamia should scale with ultimate consumption, like a 30x the ultimate cost. A standard would give you 7,5k life/stamina, an incap strike will give you only 1500 life/stamina.
  • Eas007
    Eas007
    ✭✭✭
    General feedback? Stop with the BoP already! Play the way you like remember, think hard, you might remember...
    United we stand, divided we fall. Shields as one!
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Did you know where to find set items? Was it clear that certain set items were associated with zones?
    • Did you get any set drops that were intended for a different zone, or any gear that was an unexpected level?
    • Are you happier with the new quest objective rewards?

Im looking mostly forward to using the bone pirate set, mostly becasue it helps me be more hybrid then I am currently, however, im a pvper at heart and really dont like pve, with your changes to BoP on gear that drops in all dungeons you kinda....screw me over so I have to do pve....

PC EU
    PvP only
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Please change the horrible 5-piece bonus for the Light Singer set to extra spell damage to magic damage abilites:
    c0f932ee4b.jpg
    Restoration staff abilities DO NO DAMAGE WHATSOEVER. That set is possible the mos usless I've seen in the game so far. Changing the bonus to magic damage will also combat the overpowered Automaton set:
    11afb0eaf2.jpg
    For stamina builds, the Automaton jack is amazing, as a 4 weapon skill lines and several class skills deal a lot of physical damage. However, with magicka builds, you'd have to use special kind of damage to be half decent. The new sets are more so for stamina builds, which are already the meta. Please, just change the bonus to be more useful. PLEASE.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Here are some suggestion how to revamp the lower version of veteran Trial Set.

Aether Épaulets

2pc - Adds 664 Spell Critical
    3pc - Adds 664 Spell Critical
    3pc - Adds Major Sorcery
    4pc - Adds 124 Spell Damage
    5pc - Enemies you damage with fully-charged heavy attacks are afflicted with Minor Vulnerability while you receive Minor Sorcery for 10 seconds, increasing their damage taken by 8% and augmenting your spell power by 10%

Ophidian Spaulders of Celerity

2pc - Adds 664 Weapon Critical
    3pc - Adds 933 Maximum Stamina
    3pc - Adds Major Critical (10% critical chance)
    4pc - Adds 124 weapon damage
    5pc - Reduces cost of your Stamina abilities by 8%, and give you minor brutality. When you kill an enemy, you gain Major Expedition for 20 seconds, increasing your Movement Speed by 30%

Pauldron of the Yokeda
    2pc - Adds 4% Healing Taken
    3pc - Adds 1027 Health
    3pc - Adds Minor Vitality (+8% Healing receive)
    4pc - Adds 4% Healing Taken
    5pc - When you die, you instead turn into a statue for 3 seconds. While a Statue you are immune to all négatives effects but can still be healer. While turn into a Statue your group receive major protection (-25% damage receive) for 6 second. This effect can occur once every 20 minutes.
  • Ivan04
    Ivan04
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm highly concerned about dungeon/trial sets becoming Bind On Pickup. It might actually ruin the game for me, because I enjoy trading and making money off that, and when I need another set I'd just go and buy it whenever. Farming/grinding/HAVING to go and do some content repeatedly for a long time just so I could get a necessary set is NOT my idea of fun. I agree, some strong sets deserve to be BoP, but please developers, keep your policy about dungeon/trial gear same as before.
  • fr33r4ng3r
    fr33r4ng3r
    ✭✭✭
    I think Maelstrom Arena normal mode was overlooked in terms of how items scale. Normal is still dropping CP150 blue items for my CP capped characters.

In keeping with the other content, nMA should drop blue CP160 items throughout with a chance to get a CP160 purple out of the last chest.

vMA should drop purple CP160 throughout with a chance for gold in the final chest. (For the chance to get the gold jewelry).

I'm ok that Maelstrom weapons only drop from vMA and NOT from nMA (like the monster masks).

(This affects me directly because I want Winterborn. I have gold and purple pieces for everything except the neck which is blue CP150 - trying to get an purple arcane winterborn necklace is destroying my soul. I'd settle for a blue CP160 at this point...)
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] The 2pc set that pulls people to you lo
    [*] Are you happier with the new quest objective rewards?
    [*] Which of the new sets are you most looking forward to, and why?
    [*] Are there any new sets you would like to see changed?
    [*] Do you have any other general feedback?
    [/list]
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Please change the horrible 5-piece bonus for the Light Singer set to extra spell damage to magic damage abilites:
    c0f932ee4b.jpg
    Restoration staff abilities DO NO DAMAGE WHATSOEVER. That set is possible the mos usless I've seen in the game so far. Changing the bonus to magic damage will also combat the overpowered Automaton set:
    11afb0eaf2.jpg
    For stamina builds, the Automaton jack is amazing, as a 4 weapon skill lines and several class skills deal a lot of physical damage. However, with magicka builds, you'd have to use special kind of damage to be half decent. The new sets are more so for stamina builds, which are already the meta. Please, just change the bonus to be more useful. PLEASE.

FYI spell damage increases how much damage OR healing your spells do, that means that Light Singer set increases your resto staff heals. That being said, I'd be all for making it a generic "Add 386 spell damage to your Magic damage abilities", as that would make it very useful for magic Templar and magic NB.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [*] The 2pc set that pulls people to you lo
    [*] Are you happier with the new quest objective rewards?
    [*] Which of the new sets are you most looking forward to, and why?
    [*] Are there any new sets you would like to see changed?
    [*] Do you have any other general feedback?
    [/list]
    c0f932ee4b.jpg
    11afb0eaf2.jpg

FYI spell damage increases how much damage OR healing your spells do, that means that Light Singer set increases your resto staff heals. That being said, I'd be all for making it a generic "Add 386 spell damage to your Magic damage abilities", as that would make it very useful for magic Templar and magic NB.

Uhh
    If you change it to only add in for abilities that do magic damage you lose the healing bonus.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."