Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC EU Economy - What the actual hell?

covenant_merchant
covenant_merchant
✭✭✭✭✭
If you have been playing on PC EU server this past month, you may have noticed the prices for most refining and alchemy materials have substantially increased, as in 12k tempering alloys, 8k dreugh wax, 5k rosins, 600g/columbine... Maybe it's because I'm bored and waiting for my degree courses to start, maybe it's because I'm depressed that a poor scrub like me can't afford to upgrade vDSA weapons, or maybe it's scientific curiosity, but I'm genuinely wondering: what the hell?

Why did the prices increase so much? What the invisible hand of the PC EU eso market? In layman's terms, who is responsible for that inflation?

Or did all the intensive farmers quit the game in an organised yet unpredictable fashion? Did the farming bots become sentient and rebelled against their masters, thus screwing their farming routes? While I get that the prices for these goods usually increase with the release of new DLCs aka new armors to upgrade etc. why haven't they dropped down? And what about alchemy mats? Their price isn't correlated with the release of new content. We were in August. If anything, the game should be more populated than at any other given period, implying more farmers. And yet, there's a shortage.

Unless it's not a shortage, and somebody is buying every single reasonably priced good to resell at higher value. Then give me a scapegoat! Somebody to blame for my epic quality weapons and the general state of the eso economy. I'm triggered everytime I glance at my characters; instead of seeing bright, golden staves and swords, glinting and gleaming like elusive sunlight rays on a beautiful summer afternoon, I see purple and outright tear-worthy gear, only reminiscent of the most depressing color of the rainbow and Barney the Dinosaur, which scares me even more than clowns do.

Here are some MM screenshots to illustrate my point. Pay no attention to the cow behind the curtain.
Screenshot_20160831_130141.png

Screenshot_20160831_130147.png

Screenshot_20160831_130151.png

Screenshot_20160831_130158.png

Screenshot_20160831_130204.png

Screenshot_20160831_130235.png

• Jaybe_Mawfaka
    Jaybe_Mawfaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dem tempers mafia
  • Zerok
    Zerok
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's probably because of the crafting bag.
    Zeerok (the sneaky ruffian) - LV50 Bosmer stamblade DPS (AD)
    Gontrand de Bourbon (the greedy aristocrat) - LV50 Breton magsorc tank (DC)
    Augustus Aquilarios (the imperial claimant) - LV50 Imperial stamDK PvP (EP)
    Zeerokk (the AD zealot) - LV50 Altmer magblade PvP (AD)
    Lianna Storm (the inferno maiden) - LV50 Dunmer magDK DPS (EP)
    Fights-With-Khajiit (the gullible faithful) - LV5 Argonian templar (EP)
    Miner'va (the skooma addict) - LV3 Khajiit sorcerer (AD) - chaotic neutral
    Siggy Thorvaldsson (the charismatic baroness) - LV50 Nord stamwarden tank (DC)
  • worsttankever
    worsttankever
    ✭✭✭
    Same price for columbine on PS4 NA (600-1k gold).
    Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.
  • VizigothAlaric
    VizigothAlaric
    ✭✭✭
    1.Writ change hit the prices of wax and tempers ( Thats how i feel since less ppl doing it atm)
    2.No proper farm zone for alchemy materials since everyone goes to the coldharbour its hard to farm in a really small zone or ppl farming and saving for themselves or they go trials for better money options
    3.Trader guild wars in craglorn hit the prices

also i noticed resently ppl sell 100 granrepair kit for 30k gold nowadays

imo trading in Eso EU server totaly *** always having trouble personally to find decent priced materials so i'm farming myself and keeping for myself.
    Edited by VizigothAlaric on August 31, 2016 2:26PM
    Vizi - PC EU
  • NiclasFridholm
    NiclasFridholm
    ✭✭✭✭
    A while ago a certain person exploited the crafting bag bug, made all to much gold and is now manipulating the market probably cause X is bored. He does have help from X amount of greedy persons atm. Recently X also took control of a big trade guild so X can pretty much do what pleases X...
    Tobias Funke - Magplar since forever

• sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the PS4 - NA, there are a few that are trying to take control of the market for Rosin, Dreugh Wax and Tempering Alloy.
    It's pretty obvious... just go through most guild traders in the big cities and you will notice the same sellers names often coming up with very similar prices.
    PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or it could be a whole variety of reasons combined...

- People on holiday so fewer people farming
    - Crafting bags meaning people don't have to sell excess mats to clean inventory
    - Crafting writs being ditched by many due to increased top level mats requirement, so reducing supply further
    - Change in some builds to rely more on pots than skills (For increase in certain alchemy reagents... note not all have gone up... just the mats to make spell/weapon power pots & standard tri-pots)
    - A lot of people farming for trials drops since this was scaled to cp160... so potions being used, and less time farming, more time grinding/upgrading drops.
    - As prices go up... individuals all want a slice so up their prices a bit at a time... which becomes a self fulfilling prophecy... if people think they can get more then they will charge more... so a price rise can spiral accordingly once its been kick started.

Add in the normal market speculators who jump on any opportunity with rising prices & you have what we are getting now.

TBH with one tamriel coming... and the increased volume of sets, and increased grind to get them I would expect it to carry on unless there is something else in the patch notes tomorrow... I know crafting 'Master Writs' were datamined a while back...
    Edited by Flaminir on August 31, 2016 2:48PM
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A while ago a certain person exploited the crafting bag bug, made all to much gold and is now manipulating the market probably cause X is bored. He does have help from X amount of greedy persons atm. Recently X also took control of a big trade guild so X can pretty much do what pleases X...

^^ Exactly this. Same guild bought up all the Wood gold Rosins at 2.5-3k and now for 5/6k. Market fixing for gold tempers is happening. Easily achievable as most my friends have millions of gold saved because there is no real gold sink in ESO when you got a maxed build playing.

As for plant ingredients, i think more people are using the higher end potions now, for PvP, or trials etc. Only Coldharbour and DLC areas are worth farming raw mats, if your into that thing, mostly they are populated with farmers already making the gains in these areas slow per time spent.
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingMagaw wrote: »

^^ Exactly this. Same guild bought up all the Wood gold Rosins at 2.5-3k and now for 5/6k. Market fixing for gold tempers is happening. Easily achievable as most my friends have millions of gold saved because there is no real gold sink in ESO when you got a maxed build playing.

As for plant ingredients, i think more people are using the higher end potions now, for PvP, or trials etc. Only Coldharbour and DLC areas are worth farming raw mats, if your into that thing, mostly they are populated with farmers already making the gains in these areas slow per time spent.

If you want a good gold sink, trying findeing a good Magica DK build. Thats how i lost all my gold i had left.. :(
    Edited by themdogesbite on August 31, 2016 3:05PM
    :]
  • snejremllov
    snejremllov
    ✭✭✭

This is close to what happened. The guy you speak of found some kind of exploit with the alchemy writ maps and acquired tens of thousands of each flower. It's the same guy who spams every guild/zone chat with a message to COD him flowers.
    He's probably trying to get a monopoly on alchemy mats so he can increase the prices at will. ALchemy mats and potions will soon be a privilege of the rich.
    And why would somebody do this? Cause muh moneyzzz

The funny thing: ZOS was aware of what he did and punished him with a 3 (three!) day ban. Taking three days off in exchange for infinite money? Who wouldn't?
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, complains.
    PS4 EU
    Average Prices at the moment
    Tempering Alloy 19-22k
    Dreugh Wax, Rosin 9-10k
    Kuta 10k
    20 Columbine 16k
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also on PC-EU and have not noticed these prices, but I do not shop from top vendors and my MM gives me the values from my guilds only (which are social with small/medium traders).

The only recent change I found was the price of Kuta which plummeted to about 5500-5800 in the last few months.

When I get home tonight I'll check the gold tempers' average sale figure and post it here. In the meantime, have you checked the "lesser" trading hubs like Marbruk and Baandari Trading Post (Greenshade and Malabal Tor, respectively)? Or Sentinel (Alik'r)?
    Edited by Khenarthi on August 31, 2016 3:47PM
    PC-EU
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    On PS4 EU someone is buying all the tempering alloying to resell them at 16500.

You pc guys don't really know what "expensive" means :D
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't seen any guild leader changes in Belkarth guilds in several months. I'd be interested which guild you mean? Via PM maybe ...?
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1.Writ change hit the prices of wax and tempers ( Thats how i feel since less ppl doing it atm)

this and:

2. there has been a long time where many bots could sell without bans, then there came a ban wave for bots.

3. new dlc with many new items and new "standards" for equipment. there is atm a lack of alloys and rosin. the dlc before that had not such an impact, since there hasnt been an upgrade to cp 160 for some sets. meanwhile its also for dd's possible to use two 5x boni with full cp 160 sets.

at the moment i didnt recognize any attempts in buying/reselling or creating a lack of items to resell it later more expensive in a "mafia" way. (golden items is what i mean. that alchemist thing i also recognized)

_

my 5 cent.

Edited by Verbalinkontinenz on August 31, 2016 4:09PM
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what is happening but we need measures to fix this, like op said I simply can't craft anything gold for my toons. Purple already costs me everything I have. It's a lot cheaper to buy sets and that is sad. It wasn't this expensive a few months ago.
    I'm not saying that purple/ gold tempers should be cheap, but at least possible to buy.
    Edited by Loves_guars on August 31, 2016 4:14PM
  • Arthur_Spoonfondle
    Arthur_Spoonfondle
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as the economy is, effectively, controlled by the most successful trading guilds, hogging the best trader sites to feed their own greed, this will not change.

Stuff the money grabbers, we need an AH to give everyone a level playing field and bring prices down to a more reasonable level.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Now I understand why my alloys sell so quickly. I sell them 1k each!
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Costs always go up after a DLC drops as everyone is recrafting for the new sets or golding the new drops they have. Prices will continue to do this over and over with each DLC that comes out.

Luckily the server PC-NA that I'm on, isn't as pricy as the EU server.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know what is happening but we need measures to fix this, like op said I simply can't craft anything gold for my toons. Purple already costs me everything I have. It's a lot cheaper to buy sets and that is sad. It wasn't this expensive a few months ago.
    I'm not saying that purple/ gold tempers should be cheap, but at least possible to buy.

but why should somebody fix that? in the end golden items are something like end-content items. wanting that items to become cheaper or wanting them to get them easier is like people screaming to get every *** item from every fkn' trial even without beeing good. thats why cp 160 are getting farmed in normal modes.

u do something for something -> u get it. but people just want everything easy-mode. this is an mmo, no single player game, where you are out of comeptition. in the end, it isnt hard to get his golden mats, if somebody wants too have them. then u can upgrade one item after another every second day. u just need to use the possibilities the game designers gave you to get your items. u dont need to exploit to get some golden mats in an hour.
    Edited by Verbalinkontinenz on August 31, 2016 4:18PM
  • benjamino613
    benjamino613
    ✭✭
    From the sounds of things PC pales jn comparison to console price surges.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You got it good.

XB EU. ...temp 20k. ..wax 9k...rosin 10k... columbine 1200. Stop complaining. Rings of the Sun. ...500k...lol..the one elegant sword. 1m.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More demand :

- new sets which people want to try and test in gold
    - many trials to farm + new high level dungeons => pots pots pots
    - Many new players (? seems so to me)
    - High end trial guilds have a tough competition on vMoL and VDsA right now, weekly leaderboards are important => stuff, pots, tempers, stuff, pots, tempers...
    - Extra character slots + now levelling a new alt is a matter of a few days => more characters to gear properly.

Less supply :

- Crafting bags (selling less necessary or less urgent, can wait)
    - many trials-dungeons-farm + many motifs to farm => less farming time
    - More ingredients for same number of nodes => rare ingredients are even more rare

More money in the economy :

- Every theft / murder / lockbox grants you drop between 40 and 350g each. Gold, gold, gold. It adds up.
    - PvP gold rewards have been very significantly increased in recent patches.
    - No new gold sink

==========>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> higher prices.

On top on that, of course many talented traders benefit from the extremely dynamic market by playing the buy-cheap-sell-high game.

It's real fun at the moment ! I love it. Everything sells, even IC trophies that had previously quite stopped selling.

EDIT : added "more characters" factor.
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on September 1, 2016 5:17AM
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox NA is not so great either. Farming also seems tougher than it used to be. One of my guildmates has been farming nonstop for the last three days. He's up to 4 wax.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am going to have to pry open my crafting bag and sell some stuff.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭
    The prices are ok. Just make the writs and you have the stuff and dont need to buy or farm the gold and buy it.
    PVP Saint-Bud magicka Templar: AR 49
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting
    PVE Ramsay-Bolton magicka NB: Voice of Reason Clockwork City Patch retired
    VAA hm/ VHRC hm/ VSO hm/ VMOL hm/ VHOF hm/ VAS hm clear

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
  • Slammer99uk
    Slammer99uk
    ✭✭✭
    I am convinced that gold temper drops rates have been toned down.

3 points in each of the recovery rates and noticed that I was getting very low returns on gold tempers, so I decided a couple of days ago to put it to the test and started farming rubido scraps. This morning I refined 1000 of them for a return of 2, yes 2 gold tempers and 4 purple.

RNG is not on my side :(
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am convinced that gold temper drops rates have been toned down.

3 points in each of the recovery rates and noticed that I was getting very low returns on gold tempers, so I decided a couple of days ago to put it to the test and started farming rubido scraps. This morning I refined 1000 of them for a return of 2, yes 2 gold tempers and 4 purple.

RNG is not on my side :(

then its rng. because its usually on my side.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most people should know who is to blame for the rising prices of columbine (and therefore pots).
    Funny that he got endlessly rich by exploiting the writ maps, got a three day ban and can now just screw the markets as he pleases.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pc NA is feeling a similar inflation. Tempers have gone from 7k -8.5/9k. Some vendors even selling for 10k.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South