Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bringing Fighters, mages and undaunted in line with assault/support.

silky_soft
silky_soft
✭✭✭✭✭
We saw massive reductions in the time it takes to obtain alliance war skills over the past year. This was to better help cater to the wider eso community. It's now well over due to see the same happen with these skill lines for the same reason.

Edit: Not only was it reduced but AP was doubled.
Edited by silky_soft on September 1, 2016 5:46AM
Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's fine like it is now. Mages guild is super-easy, fighters guild gets like 95% of the way to max just by doing all the PvE dolmens, and if you run all the base game dungeons undaunted will be at like 7 or 8. No change required IMO.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Rage_Killin
    Rage_Killin
    ✭✭✭
    It's not easy when you need to do it with all your 8 toons.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think alliance war abilities were reduced because PvE players didn't want to spend a lot of time pvping to get vigor or prox Det . You would need to appeal to the Devs in some way similar maybe . For instance , you are a pure PvP player wanting to avoid PvE maybe ? Not sure that would work but I too hate long grinds . However MMOs are all long grinds .
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think alliance war abilities were reduced because PvE players didn't want to spend a lot of time pvping to get vigor or prox Det . You would need to appeal to the Devs in some way similar maybe . For instance , you are a pure PvP player wanting to avoid PvE maybe ? Not sure that would work but I too hate long grinds . However MMOs are all long grinds .

Just be easier to allow some shared achievements across toons.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I have MG & FG on all eight of my characters, really it's not hard at all. Undaunted takes a bit more work because you need a group but it's not like you have to clear all the DLC vet hardmodes to get undaunted 9 or anything. Come tomorrow I'll have my 4th at undaunted 9 charcter, and number 5 is not far behind.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undaunted 9 really isn't that bad; I have it on all 7 of my max-level characters. The last time I got a character to Undaunted 9, it took just one vet pledge cycle (10 days) (and making sure to get as many achievements as possible as I did each pledge). I actually got Undaunted 9 before MG 10 or FG 10.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You people don't like working to earn anything do you?
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »
    We saw massive reductions in the time it takes to obtain alliance war skills over the past year. This was to better help cater to the wider eso community. It's now well over due to see the same happen with these skill lines for the same reason.

They are ready stated that the mage guild and fighters guild are getting dailies so that you can experience that way.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »

Not at all. I've already earned them on 3 toons. Why should I have to earn them on more? Just wanna pvp now really.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I admit I'd love a reduction honestly part of what makes me not buy more character slots is the idea of not only regrinding alliance skills but all that mages fighters and daily undaunted all over again...
  • icontrive
    icontrive
    ✭✭✭
    I'm fine with mages and fighters guild how they are. Undaunted has a problem for me though. I play solo pvp 95% of the time, which is only 1-2 hours a day. You are forced to group up with people to rank up undaunted which offers one of the best passives in the game. I don't have time to spend 30 minutes finding people to run dungeons and then another hour trying to complete it because people lagged out or don't know what they are doing. I just wish there was a way to level up undaunted playing solo.
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly where is the pvp love? Not only were they reduced, ap was doubled.
    code65536 wrote: »
    Undaunted 9 really isn't that bad; I have it on all 7 of my max-level characters. The last time I got a character to Undaunted 9, it took just one vet pledge cycle (10 days) (and making sure to get as many achievements as possible as I did each pledge). I actually got Undaunted 9 before MG 10 or FG 10.

I have 11/12 toons at 50 and alliance skills at 10 on most. It was already easy to get there, 1 week max. Why did they make it easy for pve and not change even just undaunted for pvp?

It's the same as their argument before. Let me spend less time doing what I don't enjoy, so that I can spend more time doing what I do enjoy.
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They brought in the golden sure. But can't even get that right. Selling impen gear for $ and infused for ap.
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mage's Guild 10 is obnoxious, but the rest are fine. I'd like MG to take the same amount of time but be more interactive. Maybe if it was like 1/3 of the lorebooks + doing the quest line?
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still really surprised that either guild still doesn't take into account the respective storey lines for skill xp.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mages & Fighters is fine, but undaunted is a drag for sure
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It always depends on what parts of the game you like. If you like to level your character via questing, then sure, just collect books on the fly, do some dolmens, and fighters and mages guild will just come by itself. But if you don't want to quest that much and level your char in Cyrodiil, then it can be anoying. Especially mages guild, as it is very time consuming to collect books with a pvp char that doesn't have any wayshrines discovered.
  • Rage_Killin
    Rage_Killin
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

I have MG & FG on all eight of my characters, really it's not hard at all. Undaunted takes a bit more work because you need a group but it's not like you have to clear all the DLC vet hardmodes to get undaunted 9 or anything. Come tomorrow I'll have my 4th at undaunted 9 charcter, and number 5 is not far behind.

Yeah well when all you wanna do is play the game but are stuck grinding for hours on end a day, after a long day of work when I come home to play eso I don't look forward to grinding this on every one of my characters. It may be easy to you but I don't have 5 hours a day to waste grinding something that I've achieved already on every Single one of my other characters. They need to make this account wide. It only seems reasonable. Just like they made cp account wide.
  • Ivan04
    Ivan04
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guild skills are very easy to level IMO. Undaunted takes time, but it feels well-deserved to finally get those passives.
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mage's Guild 10 is obnoxious, but the rest are fine. I'd like MG to take the same amount of time but be more interactive. Maybe if it was like 1/3 of the lorebooks + doing the quest line?

Mage's guild is also the only one I feel needs changed. 1/3 of the lorebooks and completing the quest line would be perfect imo.
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please I hate having to PVE >_<. I don't think I have undaunted completed on any of my characters lol.
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    You'll have 16 new achievements for doing Vet modes , they'll all give Undaunted points logically.

+ Maybe the no deaths
    + Maybe the timers

That's a lot of ways to raise undaunted very quickly.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm ok with FG and Undaunted leveling, but I find Mages Guild painful. I've done it on 4 toons and I never want to have to get all those books again. It has prevented me from creating any new magick-based characters, since Shooting Star is so clutch as mag dps in some situations.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mages guild line needs to be updated,the leveling aspect in both fg/mg should take into account the questline as well for XP.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i did it in 4 already, and didn't look that hard. 1-2 weeks max per toon to get all fighters/mages/undaunted.
    Edited by ManDraKE on August 31, 2016 3:30PM
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lore books are so easy to get when grabbing sky shards, even my stam characters have Mages 10. We'll see what changes they have planned for undaunted tomorrow. I'm thinking it will be a daily delve or something like that. Some way to get it solo without cheesing the non-vet
  • Chew_Magna
    Chew_Magna
    ✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

Not at all. I've already earned them on 3 toons. Why should I have to earn them on more? Just wanna pvp now really.

At the risk of sounding like an ass, that's like saying "I've already leveled up 3 toons, why should I have to work to level up another one?"
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »

As much as I want to agree, part of me wishes the assault/support lines were not reduced as much as they were because before the change, it was important for a group to run with a mage/healer while now it seems stamina players don't need to depend on other roles within a group, so holistically: it seemed only reasonable for stamina players in vMsA.

I personally would like to see how easy it would be to level the; Fighters, Mages, and Undaunted lines once the new dailies have been added rather than requesting a reduction to EXP requirements.

I am also surprised some people want it to be easier to acquire the skills and passives, the game is so easy that it has became boring to many, and is only getting more power creep.

I stopped playing a month ago because I had nothing left to level up and look forward to, while same goes for many friends of mine. I get we can't have the best of both worlds, but if there is ever a single skill line that is hard to level up there will always be a few people who think about just themselves and say they don't have the time dedication and then offer a solution like "[make it easier/quicker to level]"... Realize this: you are requesting the devs to make the game shorter by experience while potentially upsetting those who took the time to get things unlocked.

[Edit]: I would also like to counter the idea of "grinding", the game actually discourages this; you don't get undaunted points for repeating a dungeon+mode (unless it's a pledge), you can only discover places once for exp, you gain bonus exp for clearing delves/public/group dungeons and world-events/bosses, most skill lines are maxed by lvl 50. The only "grind" in this game is when the player wants the end result such as an item that is controlled by a RNG, but that is not what this topic is about. Besides, why would you ever want your character to stop developing?
    Edited by SirMewser on September 1, 2016 4:30AM
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AP was actually doubled too.
  • Hamrb
    Hamrb
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the fighters guild and mages are attainable enough. you could grind both out within the same play session
    if there was a repeatable sort of pledge, undaunted would be fair as well.
    Still, getting to max in alliance war is a lot of work for a non pvper. and it seems the same for undaunted with non pvers. if you have friends that are decently knowledgable, you can knock out all the group dungeon and vet dungeon achieves to reach max undaunted within a day or 2. same goes with pvp. and not everyone has a group or strat to gain ap like main pvpers do.
    theres gotta be some sort of grind right?
    Edited by Hamrb on September 1, 2016 6:23AM
    Founder of Sheogorath's Mortals NA PC

Exiled Lannister EP Sorc dps
    Hamrb EP Temp healer or dps
    l mufasa l EP Stamblade
    Fat Tyrion EP DK dps
    Mia Stone AD DK tank or dps
    Finn the Altmer AD Nightmage
    Launch Pad McQuack DC DK DPS
    Sterk Stonecrusher EP Stamplar
    -Wabba Jack DC Stam Sorc
    Sheo's Sweeper DC Magicka Temp