Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

**Update 12: Official News (Revamping, Dueling, One Tamriel and Crown Crates)**

• RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, most player level from 3 to 50 + cp in Orsinium's public dungeon. It won't change anything.
    They won't get a lot of xp by killing Glenubra's mobs, and more important they won't have a lot of skill point. I really think nobody will farm his level and cp here. But on an other hand, player who actually have no interest in this area will get some with the scaling.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »
    Lysette wrote: »
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    A bit too much?
    What is a bit too much?

The game does not meet their expectations so they just quit?
    Some people really need to get over themselves.

Both Skyrim and Oblivion were highly popular, and nobody seemed to mind scaling content.
    After all, why should they?

Zone scaling is one of the best things that are happening to ESO right now, and if people feel like quitting because it does not meet their expectations, I won't stop them.

I think as well that is over-reacting - it takes to get used to it - but I enjoyed playing in a DLC zone so much more than in a normal zone. Even my lowest level character could play there with stats, which were even better than those of my more advanced characters - but the lower level one has less skills and abilities, so he is not better than the others, but he can still hold his ground in a DLC zone - with stats like 18k/27k/28k for example (using a blue health/stamina food) - and this is great, with that he can play there with a good chance to make up for his lack of skills yet - and this is great with this system, he can effectively go anywhere in Tamriel and adventure there - sometimes he might meet something what kills him, but otherwise a lot of fun and freedom - so much better than before.

And thats a problem for me. I have absolutely no problem in down - lvling characters. I find up leveing characters as atrocious. ESO is not a skill based game however many times you will repeat that. It is a game of stats and up lvling takes away that little feeling of character developement i had in ESO.

It is no longer in One Tamriel, that is what I am saying - your stats do not differ a lot from that of a new player in a battle-leveled zone - not the magicka, health and stamina stats - what is different are resistances, critical chance, weapon damage and such and of course what skills are unlocked and your access to better armor, weapons, food and beverages and much better potions - there is the difference, but not in the basic stats - so it becomes a more skill-driven system with One Tamriel.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phbell wrote: »
    I have several concerns with this upgrade, but by far the biggest is that it will now triple the number of players in a zone - will it not? That means more people competing for already limited mats, and quests and dungeons will be noticeably more crowded. I already having issues when trying to log into game in the main zones (Mournhold, for instance). How will it be better when 3X the number of players occupy the same zone. I run a high-end gaming rig with a GTX1080 card on a 50Mbps synchronous fiber and sometimes the performance issues are horrible. Tripling the players in zone will only hammer the server resources even more. I suspect that this will be a very rocky undertaking.

It will not, PvE zones are not like a PvP zone - in a PvP zone you have just one instance per campaign - while in a PvE zone, there are as many instances as required to not make a zone overcrowded - that is what ZOS calls "phasing". If the threshold for one phase is reached, a new phase opens and newly arriving players to the zone will be put into that new phase then. Any such phase has basically a copy of the template zone, with own NPCs, own nodes and own resources.
  • Stikato
    Stikato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown crates. What a fall from April '14.

RIP AAA MMO
    Mordimus - Stam Sorc
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Holycannoli
    "It makes no sense"

Seriously? This is your argumentation against battle leveling?

Yes. That you can level from 3 to cp531 in the same starter zone makes no sense. It makes as much sense as spamming iron daggers in Skyrim to reach daedric and dragon crafting.

As @RoyJade already said, this is already possible and quite popular for leveling.

That being said, with every zone scaled, leveling will no longer be necessary, and people will stop looking at leveling as a chore that must be done ASAP, because certain zones or content is gated by levels.
    This kind of mindset is outdated.

Leveling should not be the purpose of the game, especially not in an Elder Scrolls game.

If you feel this is reason enough to quit playing, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    Edited by Dubhliam on August 26, 2016 9:54AM
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Averya_Teira
    Averya_Teira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duukar wrote: »
    With all the new sets they are adding get ready to be buried in RNG doom!!!!!!

Already 90% of the drops I get are ruined by useless traits..

Now lets add 100s more to ruin the game with RNG doooooom!!!

This is my largest and only complaint at the moment..

The Mealstroms Maul Charged i just got broke my heart....

Yeah.. stuff like Training and Properous shouldn't drop, only come from crafting.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Holycannoli
    "It makes no sense"

Seriously? This is your argumentation against battle leveling?

Yes. That you can level from 3 to cp531 in the same starter zone makes no sense. It makes as much sense as spamming iron daggers in Skyrim to reach daedric and dragon crafting.

As @RoyJade already said, this is already possible and quite popular for leveling.

That being said, with every zone scaled, leveling will no longer be necessary, and people will stop looking at leveling as a chore that must be done ASAP, because certain zones or content is gated by levels.
    This kind of mindset is outdated.

Leveling should not be the purpose of the game, especially not in an Elder Scrolls game.

If you feel this is reason enough to quit playing, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

This will be exactly the effect of it - the focus is taken from leveling and is put onto adventuring without limits or nearly no limits. There will be enemies which are still too hard, but that is what your personal progress is for - better materials, better armor, better weapons, better food, better drinks, bettter potions and overall more experience gained by simply playing the game will make you stronger, not necessarily leveling up - leveling up just unlocks the ability to use better stuff or old stuff more efficiently than before. This will be your progress in One Tamriel, shaping your character into something what suits you, in quite small incremental steps, there will no longer be a huge gap between a level 40 and a level 20 for example, the differences are more subtle and that is why they can play together with One Tamriel - they are not THAT different anymore.
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    So no class changes/tweaks/nerfs/buffs?
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • NewbieOKS
    NewbieOKS
    ✭✭✭
    https://signatur.eso-database.com/17868970/signatur.jpg
    ESO-Database provides statistics for Elder Scrolls Online characters and guilds. This information is collected by the ESO-Database Client and ESO Database AddOn https://www.eso-database.com/en/ Huge thanks to @Keldor for this amazing add-on
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But will subbers just get to keep dlc zones then? Or do we miss out and have to pay again?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But will subbers just get to keep dlc zones then? Or do we miss out and have to pay again?
    @Bobby_V_Rockit DLC zones aren't changing. You will have access as long as you maintain an ESO Plus membership, but if your membership lapses you will need to resub or buy the DLC in the Crown Store to gain access again. One Tamriel isn't going to change this.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Zolron
    Zolron
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to go against the grain here and admit that I actually prefer my games to be "slightly" on rails. I very much enjoy the immersion factor of getting involved in the storylines of each zone and how they reference/interact as you progress through the zones.
    I also enjoy the role-playing aspect of developing your player, deciding what skills to take and where to allocate your stats ( health/magika/stamina). Speaking of which...does anyone know how that part will be handled? I;m asuming you will still have levels thus getting stats to spend or does everyone start out the same with no points ever to allocate to stam/health/magika ?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    ZoM_Head wrote: »

There will be a few, but the majority of the changes will be focused on itemization and item sets due to One Tamriel.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There will be a few, but the majority of the changes will be focused on itemization and item sets due to One Tamriel.

Tsss.. Now, I want the patch note even more :p
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hoping that the only nerf is Cheesy Oppression.
  • craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like all of it BUT the boxes. I?ve played enough MMOs with those to know how toxic they are for a community. I wish they would delete the from ALL MMOs and we would never heard of them again...
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zolron wrote: »
    I'm going to go against the grain here and admit that I actually prefer my games to be "slightly" on rails. I very much enjoy the immersion factor of getting involved in the storylines of each zone and how they reference/interact as you progress through the zones.
    I also enjoy the role-playing aspect of developing your player, deciding what skills to take and where to allocate your stats ( health/magika/stamina). Speaking of which...does anyone know how that part will be handled? I;m asuming you will still have levels thus getting stats to spend or does everyone start out the same with no points ever to allocate to stam/health/magika ?

You are scaled up more or less strongly dependent on your level - lower level gets more boost, higher level less and 50 gets none anymore. This means as well, that when you level up and spend a point for example in stamina, that your total scaled health and magicka will decrease slightly, while your stamina will increase. So instead to get stronger with every level on all stats, you basically shape the relation of your attributes to each other instead. But you start out with a quite good amount of magicka, health and stamina, which makes up for it. I find this system pretty good, but it might require, that you respec from time to time to adjust your attribute distribution accordingly to the experiences you make in combat.

It takes a bit getting used to, because you have very high stats compared to how it was - like 18k/26k/29k with some blue health/stamina food on relative low levels - now when you see that people like Fengrush play with characters in PvP, who have around 23k health, this is comparably good - but of course one lacks the skills yet - and therefore One Tamriel makes the whole progression more skill-based than level-based (given that levels unlock possible skills).
    Edited by Lysette on August 28, 2016 7:32PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    @ajwest927 The new veteran dungeons are exactly that.

For example.. Wayrest Sewers currently has story part 1 and story part 2. Story part 1 will get a veteran mode (with new monster set) and story part 2 will get a normal mode.

Next example. Vaults of Madness currently just has 1 story in normal mode. It will receive that same story but in veteran mode (with new monster set)

well no, if you go to Elden Hollow, you get a complete different story and also the ending is totally different from the normal mode. I hope Zos will do this with the new vet dungeons.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

For example.. Wayrest Sewers currently has story part 1 and story part 2. Story part 1 will get a veteran mode (with new monster set) and story part 2 will get a normal mode.

Next example. Vaults of Madness currently just has 1 story in normal mode. It will receive that same story but in veteran mode (with new monster set)

well no, if you go to Elden Hollow, you get a complete different story and also the ending is totally different from the normal mode. I hope Zos will do this with the new vet dungeons.
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    You decide to travel into Mournhold for any reason, like the pledge. You load in and begin to go when suddenly you're bombarded by Duel requests. You say no. You get another one. And another one. And another one. This is going to get abused so much more than the complaints people have about random unwanted Trade requests.

Have fun!

None of this really interests me. All I've been hoping for is performance stability so I can finally experience Orsinium and the other DLC Questlines without Crashing.

no, there will be an option to auto-decline dueling requests, so if you do not want to participate, you just turn it off and no problem :)
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

It is practically confirmed there will be no sequels, each episode of a dungeon will be available to play in both normal and veteran modes.
    However, there are currently 16 dungeon stories without a Monster helmet tied to it. And since they keep saying we will get 17 new monster sets, that leads us to believe we will get a new story for one of the older dungeons.
    Just the one.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we get @Wrobel to take another look on the performance on Stamina and Magicka based sets from a PvP view. I think the sets in this game now makes Cyrodiil completely unplayable. There are sets out there that only require players to do 2 light attacks to one shot people in Cyrodiil atm.
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All this hate on Funcom is kinda unjustified. TSW has some if the best quests and story/writing in any MMO period. However Funcom made some bad businesses decisions (launching before ready, having a different style of gameplay for 1 to 20, producing a game that gamers weren't ready to pay for, and some nickel + diming in aoc free to play) and went to a skeletal staff. Basically they overreached themselves, but there are some good things in their games... in amongst the issues.
  • VaniTealeaf
    VaniTealeaf
    ✭✭
    At first the open world plan worried me as it is bad for my ocd :# but now i am actually very excited about it! Will be great for grouping, as this is an issue i've had many times before.."oh sorry you are just not the right alliance or lvl", so being able to play together anywhere with anyone is great news!!
    Also, assuming cadwells silver and gold will be no more?¿
    Am especiallly excited for the craglorn changes!
    As far as i'm concerned equipment, consumables, gear, etc and EXPERIENCE have always made the diffrence anyway, not your attribute distribution or lvl, so don't see why scaling will be so bad, if you can still be about your way questing exploring and whatnot, it's all good with me :)

Goodness dueling :o ....the pvp'rs are going to -¡murder us¡- ....motivate us pve'rs into pvp! Thank you for the opt out option! But this should be very entertaining at the very least.

As for the crown crates....i actually like this idea...would be like opening little lucky packets! Even more so if we will be able to gift it to friends(if this is at all being implemented)...but this is only because i haven't purchased much from the store but some bank space, also not a gambler...so ja cheap little lucky packets sound cool.
    But i can definitely see the frustration with collectors and those who have bought every single crown store item, wait what

*DOUBLE TAKE*
    (and slomo for effect)

........E V E R Y S I N G L E I T E M.......

just.....wow

Oh and lastly....FESTIVALS!!!! I AM SO READY!!!!

Am loyal to the elders scrolls, so will embrace the chages, come what may.
    As long as they never change the theme/history/story i will continue my adventures in tamriel. <3
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    And as far as new content goes - I will give my low level character perspective to this. so far I did not have real access to about half of the zones, because the mob there is just too strong for my level. With One Tamriel I will be able to adventure into these zones with the expectation that I will be able to successfully fight what I come across. So to me it means the content, which is practically accessible to me will have doubled with this update. To me that is new content, because I have not seen it before and could not experience it in an enjoyable way - I tried, but to fight mobs which are 20+ levels higher and come in packs of 2 or 3 at a time, is just suicidal. So to me One Tamriel will be real fun, I loved the scaling in DLC zones.

The problem I have with this is that your low level character does not deserve access to those zones without the consequence of being killed for being unskilled and unleveled.

This would be like if I ran a borderlands adventure and the party could just go whever and not be shot in the face by gnolls. One does not run a game where players are free of consequences for being inexperienced. It's lame and it's bad DMing
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka classes and staves need some love!

Can't wait for all those cool sets comming!

And screw those crown crates!
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf jesus beam and buff STA DKs and NBs !