The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

**Update 12: Official News (Revamping, Dueling, One Tamriel and Crown Crates)**

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    I don't want a MMORPG that scales every single zone. I think I'll have to start looking for another one. I hear there's a new Conan one in the works.

I agree, but Zenimax wants people to be able to go to any zone anytime without being disadvantaged because it's "The Elder Scrolls".

That's not really an Elder Scrolls feature. I played Daggerfall, Morrowind and Skyrim and there were definitely areas you didn't want to adventure in yet because you were too low level.

They can open the world all they want, just don't scale it all. That's not what I want in a MMORPG, that's not what this game was from beta to now, and I won't be sticking around for it.
    That's Funcom. Both their prior MMO offerings, including their Age of Conan, have been unmitigated disasters.

And this isn't? It may not be on the level of "disaster" right now but ZOS is sure doing a good job of changing that.

The Secret World had some interesting ideas.

And scaling in ES has definitely only been a thing since Oblivion, definitely in Skyrim.

It's not a traditional ES thing at all. I remember setting foot in some areas of Vvardenfell in Morrowind, and being murdered to death over and over.

Definitely not an "Elder Scrolls" system at all, until Oblivion hit. I'm not a fan of this plan.

The Secret World's launch resulted in criminal charges, as I recall. I mean, that mess was bonkers.

I don't disagree that the game had some good ideas, just... that's a disaster.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want a MMORPG that scales every single zone. I think I'll have to start looking for another one. I hear there's a new Conan one in the works.

I agree, but Zenimax wants people to be able to go to any zone anytime without being disadvantaged because it's "The Elder Scrolls".

That's not really an Elder Scrolls feature. I played Daggerfall, Morrowind and Skyrim and there were definitely areas you didn't want to adventure in yet because you were too low level.

They can open the world all they want, just don't scale it all. That's not what I want in a MMORPG, that's not what this game was from beta to now, and I won't be sticking around for it.
    That's Funcom. Both their prior MMO offerings, including their Age of Conan, have been unmitigated disasters.

And this isn't? It may not be on the level of "disaster" right now but ZOS is sure doing a good job of changing that.

The Secret World had some interesting ideas.

And scaling in ES has definitely only been a thing since Oblivion, definitely in Skyrim.

It's not a traditional ES thing at all. I remember setting foot in some areas of Vvardenfell in Morrowind, and being murdered to death over and over.

Definitely not an "Elder Scrolls" system at all, until Oblivion hit. I'm not a fan of this plan.

The Secret World's launch resulted in criminal charges, as I recall. I mean, that mess was bonkers.

I don't disagree that the game had some good ideas, just... that's a disaster.

Oh for sure it was a disastrous mess, but I liked a lot of the themes. So much Lovecraft inspired stuff, and I love Lovecraft.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is not a Funcom tier disaster.

I don't know a thing about Funcom or their games, I just know that I don't like the direction this game is taking and how drastically it's being changed from the game I enjoyed in beta and after launch.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know a thing about Funcom or their games, I just know that I don't like the direction this game is taking and how drastically it's being changed from the game I enjoyed in beta and after launch.

As I mentioned earlier, Funcom got raided as part of a fraud investigation, over the launch of TSW. Age of Conan launched with an entire content bracket (21-40) missing, as I recall.

Also, not for nothing, but if you wanted to have some above top tier gear in TSW, the way to get it was to preorder some adventure game they produced called The Park. It came with a couple gear pieces in TSW that were comically more powerful then endgame raid items.
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Introducing One Tamriel crown store crates! Do you love rng? Then we have a surprise for you. Introducing loot bags tied directly to your wallets. Keep buying these and one day you might have your own extremely rare cosmetics. Didn't get what you want. Keep at it, and we can keep expanding this rng cash grab... Or crown store crates... Whatever you want to call it.

The loot is random... but the profit isn't!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JimT722 wrote: »
    Introducing One Tamriel crown store crates! Do you love rng? Then we have a surprise for you. Introducing loot bags tied directly to your wallets. Keep buying these and one day you might have your own extremely rare cosmetics. Didn't get what you want. Keep at it, and we can keep expanding this rng cash grab... Or crown store crates... Whatever you want to call it.

The loot is random... but the profit isn't!

You know the real irony? If they'd actually kept their word, and only used Crown Store items that had been rotated out... I'd be fine with that.
  • RomansXXI
    RomansXXI
    ✭✭✭
    Crown crates are fine as long as they don't contain crate only items. I'll be beyond pissed if a mount i really want can only be obtained by spending more than enough crowns on junk I don't want because not everyone is lucky. I don't care if they contain previous limited time items or other items because those were available previously in the crown store for direct purchasing. The chances of someone getting them are so slim that it's unlikely to override people who purchased them originally. ALL CROWN STORE OFFERINGS MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR DIRECT PURCHASE AT SOME POINT!!!! DONT SLAP LOYAL CUSTOMERS IN THE FACE BY MAKING THINGS A GAMBLE, NOT ALL OF US ARE GAMBLERS AND NOT ALL OF US WANT TO SPEND ENDLESS MONEY IN THE HOPES OF GETTING LUCKY. PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS YOU WILL BE PISSING OFF MANY LOYAL PLAYERS.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None of the items in the crates will be 'required' for the game so don't 'gamble' on them. If nobody buys them ESO will realise it was the wrong way to go - but we know people will buy them because the world is full of suckers and people with too much money.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RomansXXI wrote: »
    Crown crates are fine as long as they don't contain crate only items.

They already said they will contain crate only items.

• JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They also say "extremely rare". I don't want to know what that means or how much some people will spend trying to get it.
  • captainwolfos
    captainwolfos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    These Gems can be used to purchase other collectible items from the current Crown Crate season that you'd prefer to have instead.

This just keeps getting better and better.

Also I really could do with exact dates for the Witches Festival, or else I'm not going to be able to get the time off for it. Just sayin'.
    Enemy of Boob Plates
    For the Covenant! For the High King!
    Solo Player | PVEer | Not caring about PVP since 1992
    Spill some blood for me, dear brother
  • Alpharos7
    Alpharos7
    ✭✭✭
    One Tamriel sounds amazing but I am dreading the inevitably huge update patch. Bearing in mind it took me 2-3 days to install the SotH patch due to work committments, I may miss the seasonal events due to the patch....lol. Worth waiting for though!
    PS5 EU (UK) 668CP - Avid Roleplayer and Elder Scrolls fan!

Kurog Gularz - Orc - Stamina Dragonknight
    Ancano Galerion - High Elf - Magicka Sorcerer
    Manabi Zenammu - Dark Elf - Magicka Dragonknight
    Warlock Necros - High Elf Vampire - Magicka Nightblade
    Rajirr Nightclaw - Khajit - Stamina Nightblade
    Drifa Deathweaver - Nord - Stamina Necromancer
    Aurodil - High Elf - Magicka Templar
    Mother Daenia - Breton - Stamina Warden
    Souless-Robot - Orc - Stamina Sorcerer
    Ursine Wildheart - Nord - Stamina Warden
    He'lea Asakale - Imperial - Stamina Templar
    Necrosa Corpse-Caller - High Elf - Magicka Necromancer
  • Garldeen
    Garldeen
    ✭✭✭✭
    ajwest927 wrote: »
    I hope these new veteran dungeons aren't just normal dungeon with higher difficulty.

I have heard it won't be that. They will be getting separate stories.

From what I read on Reddit, that is exactly what they will be. Just harder version of what we have now :/

• Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "CRAGLORN: ...Now you'll find that all the main story quests can be completed solo..."

Is this something new except for the standing plates you had to be some extra guys for? Soloed the whole shebang om my templar.
    EU PC
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So your just here because it's an MMO and not because it's an ES game? well nice knowing you.

• Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they could understand, why players do not want crates - it is an item of MOBA games, and games with lack of content. Please ZOS, do not do it, it looks so cheap and unfriendly to any new players, who missed old items. How can we support you after this?
    I was excited with One Tamriel, now it seems I will never be able to enjoy it.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, they do understand that most of the players don't want those boxes. But they also understand that most players still playing will accept most of the issues plaqueing this game and keep playing it. And those players still here will also those who will accept boxes and pay for them. That's all they need to know.

We will be a sub game, all new content is included! -> Dropped sub, charge extra for DLC
    We will never have a crown store -> Crown store added
    We will never sell more than pure cosmetics -> XP scrolls added
    We will never sell gamble crates -> gamble cates added
    We will never sell P2W stuff -> guess what will be coming soon?

as long there is money they will milk the players until nobody is left. ZO$ does not care about long term goals or potential of the franchise. Only thing is short term money grabs.
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is gonna be fantastic - Can't wait for October.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Boxes aside, I've noticed we've gone from a full zone update, to a series of half zones, to a pair of dungeons to no DLC at all for update 12.

Have you ever noticed how people will say, 'fix the game before you add new stuff'. This is that. Opening zones to all factions is something players have wanted since the beginning, and duels was a popular idea as well.

Just making an observation. Also these would be quality of life additions and added features, which I like, but still counts as new stuff. When players say fixes, they usually refer to broken skills, sets, exploitable mechanics, and the lag.

Actually, most of what I liked about Update 11 was the base game updates. That doesn't mean they were free, change appearance token, costume dyeing. With lock boxes coming in Update 12, I'm wondering if we're seeing another business shift for the game since it went B2P.

I agree, and there really is no new content in update 12, it is all about new FEATURES, and that is not content, and I agree, the fixing of the game is what is currently broken, with this big of a change in the game and the track record ZOS has there will be plenty of new broken things when this patch comes out, don't get me wrong, I do like a lot of what I see, but I am a bit disturbed that a lot of people now a days do not know the difference between features and content. I think there is another business shift coming as well.

I think there is a lot of over reacting to the crown crates, you do not need to buy them there is nothing but fluff in them, they will be no game changers or swords of a thousands truths sold in them, it is just a fun thing to buy for some people and the lure of the unknown and chance is strong with some people, I doubt I will buy any maybe one or two at tops if any, but hey they are huge money makers in other games, and this is a for profit company.
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on August 24, 2016 11:25AM
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JimT722 wrote: »

They also say "extremely rare". I don't want to know what that means or how much some people will spend trying to get it.

Now what does "extremely rare" mean?- Not that hard to understand really - it means the chance to get them is near zero and it is not any likely that you will ever get it - a few will, because they are just extremely lucky, but all of the rest, don't even think about getting that item - ever.
    Edited by Lysette on August 24, 2016 11:32AM
  • Rhazmuz
    Rhazmuz
    ✭✭✭
    How do people get to 16 current normal dungeons who dont have a vet version? Do you count dungeons in Craglorn?

Speaking of Craglorn, I hope some of the dungeons/delves there will be scaled for 4 man groups.. Would hate it if Craglorn completely turns into content that 1 to 2 people can clear...
    Edited by Rhazmuz on August 24, 2016 11:32AM
    Rhazmuz - Nord DK tank
    PS4 - EU
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And as far as new content goes - I will give my low level character perspective to this. so far I did not have real access to about half of the zones, because the mob there is just too strong for my level. With One Tamriel I will be able to adventure into these zones with the expectation that I will be able to successfully fight what I come across. So to me it means the content, which is practically accessible to me will have doubled with this update. To me that is new content, because I have not seen it before and could not experience it in an enjoyable way - I tried, but to fight mobs which are 20+ levels higher and come in packs of 2 or 3 at a time, is just suicidal. So to me One Tamriel will be real fun, I loved the scaling in DLC zones.
    Edited by Lysette on August 24, 2016 11:43AM
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm primarily interested in how (If at all) they may be slightly editing zones to make them better connect to others to give the world a more 'Open' feel. Allowing characters to traverse zones by going along mountains or valleys, rather than 1 single road that does through the zones.
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Funcom redefine the word, "fail". I may have my gripes here and there about ZoS, but FC are completely bungling. Every one of their products is riddled with bugs and in perpetual beta. Crashes, broken quests, graphical anomalies--you name it, it's happening. Their payment systems and customer support are utterly incompetent. I've had them freeze my account for spending $20 on their cash shop before. Twenty dollars. Not one hundred, or one thousand, or any startling amount that might raise a flag. $20. This, via a registered, certified PP account (no payment issues or problems on my end). Had to call in to get their (FC) permission to spend money. Absurd.

Nothing works in their games, from code, to customer experience to having fun. The sad part is, they have some great ideas...But that's all they have.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    DUELING

Another highly-anticipated feature we're introducing in Update 12 is the ability to challenge another player to a duel! Test your PvP skills against your friends, or try out new builds before diving into battle in Cyrodiil or a dungeon. We'll be giving you more information on our dueling system next week at PAX West 2016.
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It all sounds totally awesome. More quality of life and streamlining is totally welcome. Dueling, Undaunted changes, new 2-pieces, and I'm also hoping for some minor balance tweaks to keep things fresh.

I couldn't care less about the lock boxes. I mean, I like my character to look cool, but I feel like the players that are so ready to drop 20 quid for a mount or 50 for a personal banker kind of only have themselves to blame when things like this happen, though I understand the frustration as ZOS has suddenly "changed the game"!!

The real winners with One Tamriel are those least aware of it funnily enough, the newest players to the game!!
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You missed Oblivion? If so, that's where this "scale everything" idea came from. Whatever level you were, most of the enemies were that level too. Even Skyrim didn't do that; it was similar, but there were areas in Skyrim with a minimum level, unlike Oblivion.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am so excited about this patch, and yet I am also extremely nervous about the potential bugs that will come with it... If bugs previously were the size of a DLC, now they will be the size of Tamriel!
    The Gaming Rev
    YouTube channel - https://youtube.com/c/TheGamingRev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer - Master Crafter
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Magicka Nightblade, Breton
    Stamina Nightblade, Khajiit

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Stamina Templar, Orsimer
    Stamina Dragonknight, Dunmer
    Stamina Warden, Orsimer

Aldmeri Dominion - 1700+ CP

XboxOne EU
  • petraeus1
    petraeus1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of One Tamriel, but it kinda feels slapped on (well, it is slapped on).

Free exploration and no boundaries between alliances kinda clashes with the lore (arguable, but still) and the zones have a very clear chronological order storywise. ESO was not made a sandboxesque exploration game, but a fairly linear sandbox.

Then there's the scaling and the leveling.

I dunno, whenever I read about One Tamriel I think: this is kinda good, but what if these had been the premises they designed the game on originally?

Holiday events are a big plus though in making Tamriel feel more alive in between updates, given that the game world is quite static.
    Edited by petraeus1 on August 24, 2016 2:00PM
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boxes aside, I've noticed we've gone from a full zone update, to a series of half zones, to a pair of dungeons to no DLC at all for update 12.

Just because we can't PAY for something extra does not mean we don't get anything.
    Update 12 (2.6) just may be one of the biggest updates yet.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<