The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Patch notes are up. How long before we are playing the game

• Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahk1lleez wrote: »
    I thought the whole point of restarting the EU server first was to make sure it was stable prior to restarting the NA server....which means if the EU server is stable that QA already knows what it needs to know about the NA server. The EU server has been up for over an hour now...so if QA already knows that....why do they need further testing?

Logic is not equal to Zenimax
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this is getting ridiculous now. It most have really hit the fan today, damn.
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    So why would it take significantly longer to bring up NA than EU servers? Once you have a fix to whatever went wrong with today's patch, you apply it to both, start both, and would expect them to come up about the same time... would you not?

2 servers..one hamster.
  • Cambruin
    Cambruin
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh, being a European who prefers the NA megaserver, my 'playday' has not taken place yet again. This is how many times in a row now? Come on guys, you're doing a great job as far as I'm concerned, but these maintenances -which are supposed to be just that; maintenance- shouldn't take this long. Sure something can go wrong, but for something that should be routine, just how often can it go thís wrong?

Should the ESO Plus members among us begin mentioning compensation?
  • missjackieb14_ESO
    missjackieb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Watch. It'll be like 5 minutes of and they'll post that it'll be another hour or two.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh gawd it feels like forever ...! Reminds me when I tried quitting skooma .
  • missjackieb14_ESO
    missjackieb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Laggus wrote: »
    Tevalaur wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    So why would it take significantly longer to bring up NA than EU servers? Once you have a fix to whatever went wrong with today's patch, you apply it to both, start both, and would expect them to come up about the same time... would you not?

2 servers..one hamster.

Imagine how smelly they are from sweat. Ugh.
  • Bolfui
    Bolfui
    Soul Shriven
    The definition of Insanity comes to mind. I'll just leave it at that.
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those getting snarky with Gina, you know she has no control over the maintenance right?
  • Airyus
    Airyus
    ✭✭✭
    I has a loaded bowl.

loaded bowl op.
  • missjackieb14_ESO
    missjackieb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »
    For those getting snarky with Gina, you know she has no control over the maintenance right?

Yeah but.. with your average person, we tend to crap on community managers the most for some reason.
  • beattle
    beattle
    ✭✭
    Hey all, apologies for the delay in updating. We're currently having QA test the NA server to make sure we're solid, and are planning to open around 5pm EDT (less than an hour from now).

From 1pm EDT, to 4pm EDT, to now 5pm EDT.... until the next problem which will make it 8pm EDT.

I'm sorry, but you all are a joke. People thanking you for your vague responses are also a joke. No way should any of you be thanked for such a poorly run system. The whole purpose of your existence is to run this game for those who have paid for it. Every week it is one thing or another for the longer and longer down times. At this rate, you will not have many players left to continue your existence on the internet.
  • Folkbandit
    Folkbandit
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, I say you're doing a fine job. :) I'm a new player to ESO and although a delayed maintenance was unexpected, these things happen. I love this game! Kudos to the team hard at work and continue to be awesome CMs!

Talos guide you all.
  • jao0199
    jao0199
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno how about the FPS/LAG issues at cyrodill ? it'll be fixed soon too ? please say yes, please say yes..
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boy, am I an idiot. I delayed a long trip out of town so I could get in and set myself up with 14-hour research project over the trip. Now, I'm in actual danger of hitting major traffic on my way out of town AND am going to have several characters whom I timed perfectly to set up these projects today sitting completely fallow for the trip.

All because of terrible maintenance times and my trusting a company that has given me ample reason not to trust.

"Don't plan on doing anything on major update day" is perfectly reasonable. "Don't plan on doing anything on any Monday ever" is, simply, not.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • missjackieb14_ESO
    missjackieb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    beattle wrote: »
    Hey all, apologies for the delay in updating. We're currently having QA test the NA server to make sure we're solid, and are planning to open around 5pm EDT (less than an hour from now).

From 1pm EDT, to 4pm EDT, to now 5pm EDT.... until the next problem which will make it 8pm EDT.

I'm sorry, but you all are a joke. People thanking you for your vague responses are also a joke. No way should any of you be thanked for such a poorly run system. The whole purpose of your existence is to run this game for those who have paid for it. Every week it is one thing or another for the longer and longer down times. At this rate, you will not have many players left to continue your existence on the internet.

You weren't around when EverQuest 1 had their legendary downtimes, were you? Their downtime made the game unplayable for 24-48 hours. And yet, here the game is... 17 years later, going strong.

Try again, though.
  • BriteLeaf
    BriteLeaf
    This is just rediculous! 12 and 1/2 hours now with no end in site and no updates to let us know some kind of ETA? Really?!!
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah but.. with your average person, we tend to crap on community managers the most for some reason.

Yeah and it's childish and rude, especially to a CM that is really good at what she does.

• akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol the people that are acting Aggressive have clearly never played a MMO before or even understand maintenance for that reason.. *** happens folks they are obviously working on it. Id rather they fix it once and move on then half has and can barely play...
  • missjackieb14_ESO
    missjackieb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Lol the people that are acting Aggressive have clearly never played a MMO before or even understand maintenance for that reason.. *** happens folks they are obviously working on it. Id rather they fix it once and move on then half has and can barely play...

Obviously. Most likely neckbeards with no jobs, acting like spoiled little brats. Mommy, mommy.. My game isn't up when I expected. I'm going to cry and wail like a bratty beesh.
  • Mrs_Malaka
    Mrs_Malaka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every time I read something Gina posts on this thread, I hear Hermaeus Mora saying "Don't believe her lies."
    It's like I'm questing in Khenarthi's Roost all over again haha
    "But screw your courage to the sticking-place,
    And we’ll not fail."

PC/NA & EU
  • Hand_Bacon
    Hand_Bacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that's certainly the hope. :) Unexpected downtime is never ideal, and isn't something we enjoy either. We'd much rather have everyone in the game playing.

Obviously you haven't been reading this thread and others. If you had been you'd know you're all either evil or incompetent and are too busy plotting ways to get your meat hooks on the poor masses' hard earned cash to really care about your game. I'm paraphrasing of course.
    #AlmostGood@ESO
  • Folkbandit
    Folkbandit
    ✭✭

Yeah and it's childish and rude, especially to a CM that is really good at what she does.

Hear, hear. I've watched them both on the ESO Twitch streams and they are both totally chill.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your patience during today's extended maintenance, and we do apologize for the frustration it's caused. The North American PC/Mac megaserver is now back online and open.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As someone that does the work during maintenance windows (for patching and other reasons) on software for a living I tend to sympathize with ZoS. When I am doing it I don't want anything down any longer than it has to be and I am sure they don't either. If the servers are down for a longer than expected period of time there is probably a good reason.

Please give them a break it is only a game.

My 2 cents.
    Playing since beta...
  • daroule1982
    daroule1982
    ✭✭

How about instead of apologies you start providing ESO+ folks with extra days and bonus exp for regular users? A simple half-assed apology about an issue that shouldn't be happening to begin with is hardly acceptable.

If only they had a real time maintenance page with graphs and charts, and expected up-time to keep us from flooding such nonsense. I mean if they put effort into a maintenance page like they did a crown store...."cough".
    >_< Hail hail the gang's all here! We slay skeevers...we slay skeevers! >_<
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your patience during today's extended maintenance, and we do apologize for the frustration it's caused. The North American PC/Mac megaserver is now back online and open.

Still showing offline for me. =(
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Lady_Ems
    Lady_Ems
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

waiting for the patch to start and the blue let for go
  • Folkbandit
    Folkbandit
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone,

You guys are awesome! Thank you!
  • labtecw
    labtecw
    Hi everyone,

not up on my end yet nothing happening
This discussion has been closed.