Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Barber Shop prices revealed

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Those prices are kind of "decent" if you compare it to some other MMOs...
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    The irony here is that if ZOS priced this stuff reasonably, they'd probably make more money from people doing more frequent changes. Instead, the prices are way too prohibitive.

I had several changes planned. But seeing these prices, I've scrapped all but one. Good job, you just lost revenue.

+1
    Just another indicator that this developer is all for $$$$$ and has no real understanding of how these decisions end up hurting them in the long run.

80-20 rule applies but not in a good way
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Xerosus
    Xerosus
    ✭✭✭
    Guess i'll only be changing the looks of just one of my characters... jeez.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kalifas wrote: »
    I am confused. Which purchase is buy one time packs of 90 variations and you can switch between them anytime? What is the price on that kind of pack?
    No word on how much they want for the base game hair pack, but they gave the price for everything else.

My guess is like 4000 Crowns, since it has 90+ hair styles in it (an 18000 Crown value! ...ahem)

Whoops, that was just an oversight! The hair style pack containing all hair styles from the base game will be 1000 crowns.

My brain is confused.
  • natewook
    natewook
    ✭✭✭
    Xerosus wrote: »
    Guess i'll only be changing the looks of just one of my characters... jeez.

i might as well forget about getting any new outfits.... or much of anything else :neutral:
    sometimes I'll take subjects to far and ask for an arm, leg and maybe an eye, please be patent with me.
    remember this thread people: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/193736/should-eso-turn-up-the-heat-aka-gore-revisited/p1
    necromancer? why I've neve- I would never do such a thing! XD
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am a fan of this game, and I want to support it. However, a simple
    appearance / name change at the price of a full DLC??
    LOL. Since introduction of the greedy pricing scheme lately,
    I do not even visit the Crown Store anymore. :D
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there was black hair for Altmer I would pay 1000 Crowns to change my main character's appearance with a smile.

No black hair? No deal.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    I am confused. Which purchase is buy one time packs of 90 variations and you can switch between them anytime? What is the price on that kind of pack?
    No word on how much they want for the base game hair pack, but they gave the price for everything else.

My guess is like 4000 Crowns, since it has 90+ hair styles in it (an 18000 Crown value! ...ahem)

Whoops, that was just an oversight! The hair style pack containing all hair styles from the base game will be 1000 crowns.

My brain is confused.

Me too Cazzy. Does that mean that you can get the base hairstyles for 1000 and all the luxury ones for 3500? Or only the base hairstyles.
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love irony in all its forms, this is no exception. :D
    Torbschka wrote: »
    Dont mean to be offensive...
    Then proceeds to be offensive.
    This is for people who are to lazy to start the new one...

Well, could be communication problem since im german. There is a term which says basically:

I dont mean to be offensive (Does that mean: I dont want to be offensive), but I really have to say its.. e.g. for lazy people (which inclued, u are offensive now in some way).

German:
    Ich möchte nicht unhöflich erscheinen, aber ich muss Ihnen sagen, dass...

Well, I#m studying laws so maybe I dont see the irony and miss the point in some way (Im more on the written word lol xD)
    Edited by Torbschka on July 26, 2016 6:35PM
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    So 1000 crowns for current hairstyles at creation. That isn't too bad. The premium hairstyles should be 100 per since those and adornments will probably be the most sought after and frequent change desires. They will probably still sell at 200 especially to people who get crowns auto by subbing. Sales won't be so good from dlc buyers at 200 per pop.
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
  • dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think painting ZOS as greedy is fair. Nothing in the crown store is essential for progression, and as a B2P game they rely on its sales to survive. ESO has a generous B2P system (compare this to DC Universe or Old republic) and the prices are standard in the market, so unless they start selling maelstrom weapon lockboxes I have no complaints.

ESO does have real problems (cheating/lag/balance) but the crown store/business model is not one of them.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/game/wow?categories=game-services

Name Change - $10
    Appearance Change - $15
    Race Change - $25
    Character Transfer - $25
    Faction Change - $30

@ZOS_RichLambert maybe reevaluate price points a little bit? I think race and appearance change are fairly reasonable (a little overpriced on race but we can live) but the name change is a little rediculous especially when you've been handing them out for free since like for ever.
    Edited by Ghost-Shot on July 26, 2016 6:41PM
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all should be 1000 crown and not dat much -.-
  • CromulentForumID
    CromulentForumID
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kaspy wrote: »
    Yep, no way I'm gonna pay that kind of money. Good example of ZOS wasting effort on a feature that will be hardly used...

Except it will not be hardly used at all. It will be used a lot, which to them will justify the price.

This is an RPG. I know that is not news to you. :) But a large part of an RPG is playing dolls. That can be the main reason why some people play these games. A year in they are level 20, but they have a 20 page backstory, a family tree, and a different armor for each season and a social outfit for each town.

Add to that, the characters in the creation screen can end up looking VERY different than they do once you run around outside in real light.

ESO knows this is its audience. So they seem to have taken the route of most gouging. I feel like they should feel pretty dirty/ashamed by this decision. Character appearance is a central function of any RPG, as well as the ability to change that appearance. Not only wasn't it in the game at launch, or even shortly after, but they had a known issue with appearance in the creator and many, many player requests for the feature.

2 years later, we get a way to change appearance, that is not an in-game feature, and locked by real-world money.

I get development has to be funded, but man, this is probably the crappiest version. They could have had it where you buy the feature to unlock it, then pay in-game gold to use it. They could have had it be a small DLC with some quests and an in-game location. They could have had it where you purchase segments of the customization to unlock. There are a lot of options.

Instead, they gave us the most expensive option with, it seems, the least amount of development. We're not paying for new maps or new interiors or new NPCs or new voice acting or even new character appearance options. We're paying for a couple of new screens/menus.

I stopped playing MMOs a couple years ago before coming to ESO. Is this the standard now? Even if it's the standard it's still not acceptable IMO. It just means that more companies should feel bad. But I am genuinely curious if this is the norm or close to it. If so, we have have to look into the mirror a bit as gamers, since we're the ones responsible for making this acceptable.
  • nvyr
    nvyr
    ✭✭
    I think I'm finally done with the ZOS BS, was looking forward to this but expected the worst as usual.

Sorry ZOS you lost money again maybe someday you catch on.

As mentioned in another post if you made it reasonable more people would probably buy into it.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At first glance these seem like unreasonable prices:

Appearance Change: 1000 tokens each => you need to buy at least 1500 crowns (13 €)
    Race Change: 3000 tokens each => you need to buy 3000 crowns (21 €)
    Name Change: 2500 tokens each => you need to buy 3000 crowns (21 €)

Maybe even at second glance as well, but I think Name Change should at least be somewhat expensive to prevent players from misbehaving and changing their name to hide their identity. This way players will only change their name if they really want to for "good" reasons.

I'm a little surprised at how much the race change costs though to be honest. Race change comes with an appearance change, so I guess one could look at it as a 2000 crown upgrade to an appearance change? I will probably change my main Bosmer Nightblade to an Altmer because I just like Magicka Nightblade better now, and I want to continue to get achievements and titles on that character. I would think if they made it a 2000 crown purchase they would sell a lot more though.

Playing since beta...
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kaspy wrote: »
    Yep, no way I'm gonna pay that kind of money. Good example of ZOS wasting effort on a feature that will be hardly used...

Except it will not be hardly used at all. It will be used a lot, which to them will justify the price.

This is an RPG. I know that is not news to you. :)

That's why I was shocked there was no actual barbershop implemented :(
  • leothedino
    leothedino
    ✭✭✭✭
    Name change is more than appearance change? These prices are horrifying.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »

My brain is confused.

My understanding is that the base game hairstyle pack that allows you to switch at will will be 1k crowns.
  • Son-of-the-Desert
    Son-of-the-Desert
    ✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    Question: If you buy race change, does it also come with an appearance change? Think about it. I take my nord (first char, big mistake) and turn her into a redguard or bosmer. How will the game generate her appearance? Hair colors differ from race to race and so do the effects of changing the choice of the facial structure.

It does include the appearance and gender swap as well, check the video below

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2016/07/26/update-11-guide-eso-style-parlor
    Main Characterr:
    Tiberius Scrofal : Imperial Templar Healer
    Shard: PC EU DC
  • DarkMatter909
    DarkMatter909
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    The irony here is that if ZOS priced this stuff reasonably, they'd probably make more money from people doing more frequent changes. Instead, the prices are way too prohibitive.

I had several changes planned. But seeing these prices, I've scrapped all but one. Good job, you just lost revenue.

Totally agree with this.
    I was going to change my NB characters name as it no longer fits the vision I had of him when I created him. I figured it would be 1k or less crowns, but that price I can not justify. Its just ridiculous for such a simple change, appearance I could understand but not name only for 2500.
    I guess I will redo my back story as my intellectual property is free!!
    And I'm not saying they should not charge but resonable prices will net more sales and possibly improve community relations which seem a bit strained these days.
    There are other worlds than these.
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But..But....Won't someone think of Matt Firor's Christmas Bonus??

And while we're here, its worth mentioning that you are lining the pockets of the Trump family. Yes, you heard it right here, Robert Trump is on the board at Zenimax. Not sure where he stands in relation to Donald, but you get the idea.

Not that I care one Iota about any of this, I live in the UK, and thats a battle I can sit on the sidelines and laugh at.

Anyway..opinions...where was I?

Ah, yes, I will be buying the hairstyles from my pile of crowns that are currently adding up and gathering dust as I haven't had anything to buy for a few months, and well, you know, ESO+ and all that......
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • SpartanSPONDY
    SpartanSPONDY
    Soul Shriven
    Probable forecast:
    Ton of sales are made at release.
    Sales dip considerably.
    Prices are reduced because of sales dip.
    Sales go up because of dip.
    Prices go up because of sales.

Rinse. Repeat. Do not pass go. ZoS collects 200(k) dollars.

Edited because I am not very grammatical.
    Edited by SpartanSPONDY on July 26, 2016 7:07PM
  • CromulentForumID
    CromulentForumID
    ✭✭✭✭
    dagonbeer wrote: »
    I don't think painting ZOS as greedy is fair. Nothing in the crown store is essential for progression, and as a B2P game they rely on its sales to survive. ESO has a generous B2P system (compare this to DC Universe or Old republic) and the prices are standard in the market, so unless they start selling maelstrom weapon lockboxes I have no complaints.

ESO does have real problems (cheating/lag/balance) but the crown store/business model is not one of them.

But isn't at least DC free to play? I remember downloading it for free on my PS3 a while ago. F2P can price like this without me questioning too much because they get $0 from you unless you go shopping.

ESO has gotten some money from you in order to just log in. I feel like you need to account for that a little bit when comparing cash store prices.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Vikaernes
    Vikaernes
    Soul Shriven
    The name change is absolutely crazy, the appearance change too, though is also nuts. Compare it with Black Desert, whose cash shop prices are ridiculous, they charge $2.00 for a one time appearance change coupon, and $10.00 for a 30 day, unlimited pass to change appearance on all of your characters, an unlimited number of times during those 30 days. You guys are way off the mark for what these quality of life tokens should cost, especially if you want people to buy them multiple times. Something more reasonable would be like, 500 for a one time appearance change, 1000 for a name change, and 2000 - 2500 for race change. The cheapest one being the one you might expect people to potentially buy multiple times for one character.
    Annedahl al-Bergama - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad the race, name change and even appearance prices are high.

They should be.

The hairstyles, adornments and markings though, I think ,should really be in game gold or some other form of currency. But either way it's just a fluff item, so whatever.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/game/wow?categories=game-services

Name Change - $10
    Appearance Change - $15
    Race Change - $25
    Character Transfer - $25
    Faction Change - $30

@ZOS_RichLambert maybe reevaluate price points a little bit? I think race and appearance change are fairly reasonable (a little overpriced on race but we can live) but the name change is a little rediculous especially when you've been handing them out for free since like for ever.

Why is anything more than $2-$5
    Some of this should have in-game parts so honestly ZOS is far off from my reality.
    I don't mind paying for stuff but when you've set the table so that we have to buy ESO plus for this and that as well as pay $20-$40 for cosmetics each month....your company has lost its vision and grip on reality.

Sure none of this is required, however, it is necessary if you've made a mistake which now seems intention by design.
    And it's going to create repeat mistakes because the obvious concerns were not addressed.

-Character creation screen is bad
    -character select screen isn't good
    -previewing crown items prior to purchase is limiting
    -crown store prices are far above reasonable.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appearance and name change are incredibly overpriced.

3k for base game hairstyles? Lol most of those even look ugly nowadays.

ZOS on these items your gain is based on quantity, not price!!

Even a F2P / freemium / semi P2W game like Rift did this in a much better way: you can change your appearance with in game currency for base game features and cost is based on the ammount of changes, besides you can buy better looking hair styles and stuff, name, race, faction change from the cash shop.

So yeah, there goes my plan to change one character's name and another character's voice. Lmao!! All those Crowns for a voice change? No!!!!
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wonkydog wrote: »
    When it costs nearly as much to buy a virtual new hair style on a video game as the local barbers, it is time to question what kind of world we live in :)

post-43123-Boromir-it-is-true-gif-Imgur-L-uyXt.gif

giphy.gif

--ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.