The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Auction House

• ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    ScottK1994 wrote: »
    kargen27 wrote: »
    since you have 5 guild spots, why do u think EVERY guild MUST be able to sell o.O

Everyone should be involved in the market otherwise it's not working. Simple MMO rules

everyone is able to be involved in that system. i dont get your point.

If everyone is involved then why am I not? I have 40 legendary crafting materials(the ones that upgrade) and I can't do anything with them. I don't care that an auction house would make them worth less. I should be able to buy and sell those materials any time I like

Because you choose not to would be my guess. I'm in a trading guild and a social guild. The social guild almost always finds a trader we can afford (on the cheap) and I sell items easily in both the high traffic vendor the trading guild has and the off the beaten path vendor the social guild finds.

That aside for a lot of people in the game the vendor system with traders scattered across the globe is a fun and vital part of the game they enjoy. Might be they like finding bargains then flipping them for profit. maybe they just like the idea of the hunt? I had fun chasing down every recipe in the game. Felt good finally getting that last one. Would have been boring and not worth doing if I could have found them all in the same place. Kind of akin to being able to catch every rare fish from one hole. Would get boring quick.

If you think price fixing is a problem then auction houses isn't the answer you are looking for. Everything in one place makes it easy for someone to corner the market on rare or heavily sought after items.

And there is always the option of zone chat. ya wanna unload the 40 legendary crafting just toss out a message in zone chat. Things sell in zone chat quick and easy if you ask a fair price.

Okay so I see a guild trader with a guild I'd like to join. How the hell do I do that? Run around til I find the right guy? Unreasonable.

You could look at the names of the people selling stuff at that trader and message them (or at least I can on PC, not sure about console). There's also an entire guild recruitment section on the forums.

The guild recruitment is dead on eu PS4

So by the looks of it you made a post there less than 5 hours ago, in the middle of the night for EU folks, didn't get an immediate response and are now declaring that forum dead? Can you maybe wait until tomorrow?

The most popular posts are from a year ago. If it's not at least fifty a day then it's dead

The first page of that forum is literally packed with advertisements for trading guilds and they've all had activity in the past couple of weeks. Sorry if that it does not live up to your expectations but I think you could be trying just a wee bit harder here.

I think you're lying. The game is dying on console and I'm going to say the guild trading system tied with only voice chat has banished a ton of players. Isn't that why the game stopped being subscription based? They couldn't keep subscribers and then the problems got worse.
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    You might even be part of the problem since this whole time you've argued against me while knowing this game had a massive launch then everyone bloody left.

Their phasing is probably pointless now as all players fit in the server
    Edited by ScottK1994 on July 21, 2016 3:03AM
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    since you have 5 guild spots, why do u think EVERY guild MUST be able to sell o.O

Everyone should be involved in the market otherwise it's not working. Simple MMO rules

everyone is able to be involved in that system. i dont get your point.

If everyone is involved then why am I not? I have 40 legendary crafting materials(the ones that upgrade) and I can't do anything with them. I don't care that an auction house would make them worth less. I should be able to buy and sell those materials any time I like

Because you choose not to would be my guess. I'm in a trading guild and a social guild. The social guild almost always finds a trader we can afford (on the cheap) and I sell items easily in both the high traffic vendor the trading guild has and the off the beaten path vendor the social guild finds.

That aside for a lot of people in the game the vendor system with traders scattered across the globe is a fun and vital part of the game they enjoy. Might be they like finding bargains then flipping them for profit. maybe they just like the idea of the hunt? I had fun chasing down every recipe in the game. Felt good finally getting that last one. Would have been boring and not worth doing if I could have found them all in the same place. Kind of akin to being able to catch every rare fish from one hole. Would get boring quick.

If you think price fixing is a problem then auction houses isn't the answer you are looking for. Everything in one place makes it easy for someone to corner the market on rare or heavily sought after items.

And there is always the option of zone chat. ya wanna unload the 40 legendary crafting just toss out a message in zone chat. Things sell in zone chat quick and easy if you ask a fair price.

Okay so I see a guild trader with a guild I'd like to join. How the hell do I do that? Run around til I find the right guy? Unreasonable.

You could look at the names of the people selling stuff at that trader and message them (or at least I can on PC, not sure about console). There's also an entire guild recruitment section on the forums.

The guild recruitment is dead on eu PS4

So by the looks of it you made a post there less than 5 hours ago, in the middle of the night for EU folks, didn't get an immediate response and are now declaring that forum dead? Can you maybe wait until tomorrow?

The most popular posts are from a year ago. If it's not at least fifty a day then it's dead

The first page of that forum is literally packed with advertisements for trading guilds and they've all had activity in the past couple of weeks. Sorry if that it does not live up to your expectations but I think you could be trying just a wee bit harder here.

I think you're lying.

WAT? Look at the forum, look at the "Most Recent" column, none of this is difficult.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What?!?! A centralized Auction House? I can't believe no one has ever thought of that before!
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    What?!?! A centralized Auction House? I can't believe no one has ever thought of that before!

Tried and tested stuff and crowd pleasing makes money. Have you seen the music industry these days?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AugustoCP wrote: »
    Does anyone else think we really, really should get a centralized auction house? It'd be just so much easier to find things.

Yes, I know this is suggested every other hour, but the more we make these threads, the more we show how much we want it.

No. And while it is not suggested every hour, a thread comes up regularly and dies fast due to lack of interest. Most of the player base enjoys not having the same tired and boring central trading house. Also, it would not be an auction house anyhow.

The design in the game prevents prices plummeting as much as they do in other games. It keeps our economy stronger than a central trading house.
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else think we really, really should get a centralized auction house? It'd be just so much easier to find things.

Yes, I know this is suggested every other hour, but the more we make these threads, the more we show how much we want it.

No. And while it is not suggested every hour, a thread comes up regularly and dies fast due to lack of interest. Most of the player base enjoys not having the same tired and boring central trading house. Also, it would not be an auction house anyhow.

The design in the game prevents prices plummeting as much as they do in other games. It keeps our economy stronger than a central trading house.

Actually they get closed because people get angry and attack others when we say there's a problem for some reason. It was almost closed earlier.

The economy isnt that strong. It lacks buyers. I know it for a fact because I can't buy the things I need when I need them.
  • Stealthbr
    Stealthbr
    ✭✭✭
    Here's an idea: keep the Guild Traders and the entire system as it is, but introduce an NPC in every major city that, when interacted with, allows a player to search for the item they want and that NPC, perhaps for a fee, tells the player where to find it. The NPC does not tell how much of said item is available at the location(s) or how much it costs, only where the player can find it. An Item Scout.
    Edited by Stealthbr on July 21, 2016 4:32AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually they get closed because people get angry and attack others when we say there's a problem for some reason. It was almost closed earlier.

The economy isnt that strong. It lacks buyers. I know it for a fact because I can't buy the things I need when I need them.

I can vouch due to constant regular experience the economy is very robust. They market is very healthy.

I cannot speak to your experience but some obvious aspects to consider are your trading guild and of course what you are selling and how you are pricing it. Obviously some trading guilds will do better than others, location, location, location. But even then I see people price items for absurd amounts. I guess they think they will get very lucky.
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    Stealthbr wrote: »
    Here's an idea: keep the Guild Traders and the entire system as it is, but introduce an NPC in every major city that, when interacted with, allows a player to search for the item they want and that NPC, perhaps for a fee, tells the player where to find it. The NPC does not tell how much of said item is available at the location(s) or how much it costs, only where the player can find it. An Item Scout.

It can't be complicated. Complicated and the buying and selling of goods isn't amicable.

You guys wouldn't be wanting this system in real life anyway. Need to find toilet roll. The shop down the road only has Lamborghini parts and candy. The next store you find has worn shoes and clown dolls. The next again store sells poison and food right next to eachither. Well guess what. You've *** your pants by the next shop but it does have toilet roll. Now you need detergent.
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    Or in ways Zenimax could understand "only a hundred stores in the world have your product. No one knows which stores have it. How many people buy your game?"
  • kwisatz
    kwisatz
    ✭✭✭✭
    No auction house.

For the first time, I found a game where trading is actually funny. Action houses are so boring.
    Plus, I like searching for the best price for the item I want and I dont want to see a market dominated by a few speculators.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It can't be complicated. Complicated and the buying and selling of goods isn't amicable.

You guys wouldn't be wanting this system in real life anyway. Need to find toilet roll. The shop down the road only has Lamborghini parts and candy. The next store you find has worn shoes and clown dolls. The next again store sells poison and food right next to eachither. Well guess what. You've *** your pants by the next shop but it does have toilet roll. Now you need detergent.

In many ways we have this same sytem in real life. We must go to different stores to buy what we need and (sans Internet) we aren't really sure what they carry in specific terms of what they have in stock until we get there. Heck, even with the Internet we don't always know what a store has in stock.

Granted, some may be younger than I am but this is how real life has been. We get to know which vendors and locations tend to have what we are looking for.

What I think would be funny is if Zos implemented a central trading house as the only source for trading and limited posting to 30 slots per account. Omg, the griping that would ensue. Cause their would be a limit. Obviously.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

I like that traders force people to go into off-beat locations.

The only thing they can do is make traders free text searchable to encourage people to hunt for items easier in other locations.
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    Fun fa

In many ways we have this same sytem in real life. We must go to different stores to buy what we need and (sans Internet) we aren't really sure what they carry in specific terms of what they have in stock until we get there. Heck, even with the Internet we don't always know what a store has in stock.

Granted, some may be younger than I am but this is how real life has been. We get to know which vendors and locations tend to have what we are looking for.

What I think would be funny is if Zos implemented a central trading house as the only source for trading and limited posting to 30 slots per account. Omg, the griping that would ensue. Cause their would be a limit. Obviously.

Its NOTHING similar to real life. Regardless of stock you know what types of items will be there.

This isn't a market. It's a hundred individual markets(or more) and its stupid for an online game.
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    We don't walk in to a store to find absolute nothing we can make use of anyway. Every single player in the game from level 1 to cp501 should have access to the market.

Zenimax wouldn't have a game to sell in that market. They'd have 30 people who found the game
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    One of the most amazing arguments for guild traders "prices have stayed the same"

Don't you realise how wrong that is? Imagine crappy tvs from the 70s were still uncommon in the working class home because of the price? We'd have literally nothing because there'd be an elite with technology we have never experienced before. It's lucky RNG is so bad when the market it so bad.
  • TheDarkoil
    TheDarkoil
    ✭✭✭
    And it's not like I can be a blacksmith,woodworker, alchemist, enchanter, provisional guy all on the same character

u can, and even play your build.

Nah I've two builds. I'm a wood worker and clothier, I have 8 skill points left. It's not a reasonable end game amicability to do every single quest that requires a skill point(which I've done many) and I probably still wouldn't have enough points if I did to max others out. You can't master every single skill with one character Why would they allow that

You can max all crafting skills easily, I've nearly maxed them and I've probably got less than all skill points in the game.
  • bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I loved the guild traders at first (or rather the idea of them)
    I have recently started to feel that maybe we should have an proper auction house also.
    Keep the traders also though I reckon.
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    TheDarkoil wrote: »
    And it's not like I can be a blacksmith,woodworker, alchemist, enchanter, provisional guy all on the same character

u can, and even play your build.

Nah I've two builds. I'm a wood worker and clothier, I have 8 skill points left. It's not a reasonable end game amicability to do every single quest that requires a skill point(which I've done many) and I probably still wouldn't have enough points if I did to max others out. You can't master every single skill with one character Why would they allow that

You can max all crafting skills easily, I've nearly maxed them and I've probably got less than all skill points in the game.

Not easily though. I'm not playing casually just now, working part time and I'm staying off booze etc(I'm an easily addicted person) and I've been grinding my ass off. It's why I've got a lot of good stuff. And it's why I've helped at least ten people get a mount since I came back(though there's a good chance they didn't buy a mount with the money I guess) I've sold the occasional thing inside my guild but I still think the basic premise of online games and the ability to trade with other players is an ability to do it freely. This game is the only online game I've enjoyed where it lacks a normal market.(on console at least. A standard market is the chat box)

I know it's interesting. Ive thought that from the beginning. It's just not as good as an auction house. Maybe the fact that there's a single server for each console/region wouldn't help but I do think theres problems that can't be fixed with adding more NPCs(we need less NPCs anyway i think)
    Edited by ScottK1994 on July 21, 2016 6:38AM
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting how only the sellers point of view is represented by those against an alternative to the current system. Buyers can't help but benefit from a change.
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    And its not like they wouldn't benefit in a different system too it's just anxiety about change. They think their ability to sell is at risk on a auction house system but really it just gives them a wider market, the lower costs being sorted out by a higher influx of income. Top that off with your gold actually being worth more. Just now having a million gold isn't a big deal but in an AH house system you'd be doing great
    Edited by ScottK1994 on July 21, 2016 7:08AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No no no, there are already deals to be had now as a buyer if you put in effort. Effort = Reward. People want everything to be effortless and easy in this game, am unsure why.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    No no no, there are already deals to be had now as a buyer if you put in effort. Effort = Reward. People want everything to be effortless and easy in this game, am unsure why.

Why should there be "effort" meaning travelling through five or so of random cities just to find food which gives stamina and magicka at cp120? I feel like I'm playing a different game from people who say it's good. I haven't found a single thing in my whole gaming experience when I needed it. See WHEN I NEEDED IT. It's like the "sellers" as someone else just dubbed them don't realise that half of the buyers can't find them.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    These traders don't make sense. In a real market they'd have to travel to be able to make money.
    Capitalism is an open market.
    Above are some people with hundreds of thousands of gold and are worried that they'll seem less rich in a working system.

People say this a lot and it's nonsense. I'm in a good trade guild with a prime spot and I don't see any collusion or exploiting the system, just weekly raffles and such like any other guild.

What supporters of the global auction house overlook is that people like me will game the holy hell out of a global store front. I've done it in other MMOs and I'd do it here as well. I wouldn't need a guild or raffles or any of that nonsense, just me and a couple hours hacking some LUA and boom, your markets belong to me. The current system makes such market domination infeasible for the solo individual and difficult for large guilds. A global auction house would make it trivial for everyone.

Your cure is worse than the disease.

No you're putting things in my mouth that i didn't say. It's not corrupt it's just broken

Okay, broken because you can't do a global search? Because you can't get in a guild with a good spot? What's your beef here? All you've said is that rich people want it to stay the way it currently is so that they stay rich (implying corruption or something similar) and that it's broken (somehow).
    Capitalism is an open market. This is the most closed market I've ever experience in any game in my life. On console without being able to talk to people it's like being in the stone ages but without having a family that had taught me basic things so I've got a lot of stuff and nothing to do with it. Or I get money and have nothing to buy

What does this even mean? Capitalism is an "open" market? So you can just pop down to your local strip mall and set up a storefront whenever you like? No rent, no contracts, everyone is welcome? What are you talking about?

Are you daft?

I want a simple trade system. I want to search for items and find them in the same place every time. An auction house. I'm saying every single reason for not wanting to have an auction house is pure bull and then fair enough it gets close to corrupt if people are making money in a broken system and they refuse to accept it's broken.

In almost every post you state how it's broken but never say anything else but shaming people for taking advantage of opportunities.

AH will never happen, it's been 2 years and the devs are absolutely quiet about the whole idea.

We will get more stalls with each new area for dlc. They may bring in more stalls to existing hubs but never an AH.

No it will happen. If they dont sort out the game they will have to get someone else to come in and sort it. Any other developer would implement it then.

New stalls? More travelling salesmen that are stuck in transit? Not a market.

Every reply you make I'll just tell you it its broken

Ok Scott, you must have just started playing ESO with console launch. It Will Not Happen! Zos designed this system ( which is not broke) because this is how they want it. This has been debated for over 3 years, since PC beta and launch. The current trade system is here to stay, and the majority of players want it to stay (all though we are in need of some new guild tools and such). Im sorry you are on console and dont have the advantages we do on PC, but it's a dead horse. Accept it.
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on July 21, 2016 8:32AM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    Nah you can't say most players want it. You only know the majority opinion of forum people who must be less than 1% of the game. Maybe a tiny bit more in 2016 days
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    And what's wrong with being a console player? You have the benefit of zone chat your guild traders are obviously complimenting the zone chat but it's not complimenting the console game. It feels like an empty playerbase and the players that do exist are all in their clubs. And you have to conform into their club or fail to be anything. The game lacks. I can't say about the PC but the PS4 game plays like a rpg
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    We can't even ask other players if they know what guild traders are good. I'd say about 1% of the console population are using voice chat and most of them are using guild chat or in PvP
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I think you're lying. The game is dying on console and I'm going to say the guild trading system tied with only voice chat has banished a ton of players. Isn't that why the game stopped being subscription based? They couldn't keep subscribers and then the problems got worse.[/quote]

No again. The reason subscriptions were dropped was because of consoles. Microsoft and Sony wouldnt play nice with Zos and console players would have to pay 2 sub fees. One for their system and one for game. Zos was nice enough to drop theirs so console ppl would not get screwed with 2 subs.
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    Then why can't they try auction houses on consoles? We are obviously less important anyway
This discussion has been closed.