The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Auction House

• Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    oh ok sry. u just make theses. tried to have an idea. sry. my fault. u know, after all that time, acution house wont come either?
    Edited by Verbalinkontinenz on July 21, 2016 12:32AM
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    since you have 5 guild spots, why do u think EVERY guild MUST be able to sell o.O

Everyone should be involved in the market otherwise it's not working. Simple MMO rules
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This topic again. Hang on, let me shine it up.

WTDnnwE.gif

There we go. It really seems these topics are getting made more and more frequently by people who aren't in trade guilds
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ScottK1994 wrote: »
    since you have 5 guild spots, why do u think EVERY guild MUST be able to sell o.O

Everyone should be involved in the market otherwise it's not working. Simple MMO rules

everyone is able to be involved in that system. i dont get your point.
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭

If everyone is involved then why am I not? I have 40 legendary crafting materials(the ones that upgrade) and I can't do anything with them. I don't care that an auction house would make them worth less. I should be able to buy and sell those materials any time I like
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    I give my gold to new players without mounts. I have nothing to offer in this system except a one time mass sell
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If everyone is involved then why am I not? I have 40 legendary crafting materials(the ones that upgrade) and I can't do anything with them. I don't care that an auction house would make them worth less. I should be able to buy and sell those materials any time I like

sry, as said: u have 5 guild spots. sure i also sometimes wish for another and another....but 5 spots are quite enough to join up at least one trading guild and still enough to also be in a pvp, a pve, a social guild...whatever. i really dont get your point. if u are on eu pc, i also can help you finding a trading guild, if that is your true problem :)
    Edited by Verbalinkontinenz on July 21, 2016 12:37AM
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    If I was on PC I could just use the zone chat market. Console makes it apparent that the market is broken(even if I was willing. It's *** to walk around saying "buy your materials here, get them cheap" on voice chat with my friend staring at me

It just doesn't work as it is. It was an interesting idea. You know why they're the first to do it? Because others DID think of it. They just realised the problems
    Edited by ScottK1994 on July 21, 2016 12:41AM
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trading is not something you have to do to play the game. Many people play the game without trading and others only play the game only to trade and make gold - it is a personal choice.

The game gives you the opportunity to learn skills so you can make everything you need (as opposed everything you want) and find everything you need to make those items. Everything available in the in guild stores came from somewhere, either someone earned it, stole it, looted it or made it, which means that if they could get it, so can you.

If you choose to buy things because it is the easy option, then you use the system that is available and that everyone else uses. If you choose to sell items, there are free trading guilds out there and as long as you sell decent quality items, they will remain free and everyone will still make money. I am in two and take no notice of where their traders are and am happy with the turnover of gear.

I buy and sell on a regular basis and the only change that would help me is an item search function that tells you which trader has what you are after and where they are located. Otherwise it is what it is and I just check traders out for items as I come across them.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    in which way console market is broken?
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    in which way console market is broken?

In that there's these things called guild traders that are each independent markets that change places constantly at an apparently rising and inaccessible price. It makes no sense lol
    Edited by ScottK1994 on July 21, 2016 12:44AM
  • Rayya_Blackheart
    Rayya_Blackheart
    ✭✭✭
    Above are some people with hundreds of thousands of gold and are worried that they'll seem less rich in a working system.

Trade is broken. Don't lie. It's broke

Millions. 2mil, to be precise. I'm far from even being the richest person in my guild. I can't speak for others but I use my funds to contribute to my trials guild. Buy mats, gear, etc to optimize builds. Put bonuses on our raffle. A few times, I've paid for a newbies horse. Because I can.

I know for console it's rough to find what you want due to lack of addons and the ability to communicate. The items in stores are easily obtainable in game, otherwise it wouldn't be in the store in the first place. You're paying someone else the convenience fee, or not so convenient for the finder thanks to RNG, to avoid doing the legwork yourself.

An item is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Auction houses remove the ability to adjust an asking price and will be dominated by the same people you seem to have such a problem with. Especially now with so many people who do have gold stockpiled.
    PC NA Rayya Blackheart pitiful DPS NB CP160
    PC NA Phaedra Phoenix beast mode Templar Healer CP160
    PC NA lvl6 Mudcrab
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They need to at least centralise the guild traders, make them now accessible. Lag is easily overcome by good instancing.

Honestly there are so many games out there with globally accessible markets I still can't see why people here are against them.
    There are lots of ways to limit or prevent botting so that shouldn't be considered.
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    Above are some people with hundreds of thousands of gold and are worried that they'll seem less rich in a working system.

Millions. 2mil, to be precise. I'm far from even being the richest person in my guild. I can't speak for others but I use my funds to contribute to my trials guild. Buy mats, gear, etc to optimize builds. Put bonuses on our raffle. A few times, I've paid for a newbies horse. Because I can.

I know for console it's rough to find what you want due to lack of addons and the ability to communicate. The items in stores are easily obtainable in game, otherwise it wouldn't be in the store in the first place. You're paying someone else the convenience fee, or not so convenient for the finder thanks to RNG, to avoid doing the legwork yourself.

An item is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Auction houses remove the ability to adjust an asking price and will be dominated by the same people you seem to have such a problem with. Especially now with so many people who do have gold stockpiled.

But the thing is, it would still evolve. Yes at first all the people with millions would dominate but it would streamline so that their dominance is at least watchable. If items do go out of whack with prices just now how would they even find out?
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    well - to me it seems more like a console problem which is caused by a lack of ui information and zos hardly trying to implement same system into console as on pc without checking the problems which on pc could be solved by chat and addons. so maybe it would be easier, if zos would - as they allready doing - start to implement more pc-addon-functions into standard system.

just trying to be constructive - because as said - quite sure, auction house will never come.
    Honestly there are so many games out there with globally accessible markets I still can't see why people here are against them.

the reason is quite obvious in my case - i put over 2 years much effort in my guild and the 2 guilds i took over from former gm. even thoughan auction house would totally easen everything for me, it still...well...would feel like i did everything for nothing - and i really love my guilds and the communities there :)

Edited by Verbalinkontinenz on July 21, 2016 1:05AM
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    It seems like a lack of interest in creating a game that lasts as long as world of warcaft. Which is what I've wanted. I came in at the back end of it hearing stories of six year companionships, talking the same way brothers in arms do.

This game is acting like it might not be around next year
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah... No. It's not broken. Players get more out of it when they put more into it, which, in our current culture, is probably why a lot of people think it is broken. The system is not an ATM machine, and is among the things that ZOS got right when they designed game systems. This is not to say that they cannot improve it, especially the console UI.

I don't have "hundreds of thousands of gold" and I am certainly not worried that I will seem less rich in a "working system". I have way more than "hundreds of thousands of gold" because the system is working.

I don't have to scam the customer. I don't buy up everything in the other kiosks and resell it. I don't play the traditional auction house game that I am familiar with from WoW. It is not required. All I do is just collect and sell stuff instead of destroying it or vendoring it. I am not a serious trader and only do this as an in-game hobby.

Two years ago, I had very little in the way of gold. I could not even afford the cheapest non-Imperial horse. I started trading almost 2 years ago with a mid-sized trading guild that did not have quotas or membership fees, but did have a guild trader, selling basically junk for maybe 1000 gold per week, total. I viewed it as "supplemental income" and was happy. My merchandise has improved in quality since then, but I am no more serious about trading than I was when I started.

The big thing is that players have to join a guild that has a kiosk. This is not insurmountable, even without a "looking for guild" system. The guilds with traders are not full, at least on PC NA. The players just need to be willing to join them. I am in FIVE guilds with a trader right now and only ONE of them is full. The last one is tough to get into and is my main trading guild.

I am also a buyer. I buy crafting materials and stuff to deconstruct or research. Most of what I need I can pick up in Mournhold, Riften, or Rawl'kha. It really isn't hard to find stuff, at least with a decent guild trader UI (so, not console). There is none of this running around for an hour that I hear about. If I spend 15 minutes looking, it is out of the ordinary.

So, no, you cannot tell me the system is broken, at least on PC. I know better. I played the system starting from almost nothing and all I needed to add was a decent UI for the guild store. On console? Different story. If ZOS would fix the UI on console, things would be SOOOOOO much better. I am not sure what the guild-to-kiosk ratio is there, either.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    No its broken. I can keep it simple. Can't find what I look for. Can't sell what I find. Definitely broken
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    If you can't explain why it works perfectly and why my issues aren't issues in the same way then clearly there's some dissonance here
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mobody ever told, it runs perfectly, but in the end there were more constructive posts by others, than from you and your "its broken its broken cant sell cant buy its broken". many other players on console are also able to buy and sell.
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know Z is not gonna let you sell that easily :smile: Everybody needs passion, though!
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Trading is not something you have to do to play the game.

I buy and sell on a regular basis and the only change that would help me is an item search function that tells you which trader has what you are after and where they are located. Otherwise it is what it is and I just check traders out for items as I come across them.

Sure trading isn't something you have to do. But more people would if it were easily accessible.

Secondly a global item search is probably all most people want. I personally don't care about access to the market as a seller, I'm not unhappy with the system. I want easier access to the market as a buyer, information on what's for sale and where is just too restricted. Heck I don't even care that much if a global search gives me prices or not.

Right now it's like going grocery shopping but only at garage sales, it takes forever to find all the items.
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    mobody ever told, it runs perfectly, but in the end there were more constructive posts by others, than from you and your "its broken its broken cant sell cant buy its broken". many other players on console are also able to buy and sell.

Don't care though because it's broken
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    Capitalism is an open market.

People say this a lot and it's nonsense. I'm in a good trade guild with a prime spot and I don't see any collusion or exploiting the system, just weekly raffles and such like any other guild.

What supporters of the global auction house overlook is that people like me will game the holy hell out of a global store front. I've done it in other MMOs and I'd do it here as well. I wouldn't need a guild or raffles or any of that nonsense, just me and a couple hours hacking some LUA and boom, your markets belong to me. The current system makes such market domination infeasible for the solo individual and difficult for large guilds. A global auction house would make it trivial for everyone.

Your cure is worse than the disease.

No you're putting things in my mouth that i didn't say. It's not corrupt it's just broken

Okay, broken because you can't do a global search? Because you can't get in a guild with a good spot? What's your beef here? All you've said is that rich people want it to stay the way it currently is so that they stay rich (implying corruption or something similar) and that it's broken (somehow).
    Capitalism is an open market. This is the most closed market I've ever experience in any game in my life. On console without being able to talk to people it's like being in the stone ages but without having a family that had taught me basic things so I've got a lot of stuff and nothing to do with it. Or I get money and have nothing to buy

What does this even mean? Capitalism is an "open" market? So you can just pop down to your local strip mall and set up a storefront whenever you like? No rent, no contracts, everyone is welcome? What are you talking about?

Are you daft?

I want a simple trade system. I want to search for items and find them in the same place every time. An auction house. I'm saying every single reason for not wanting to have an auction house is pure bull and then fair enough it gets close to corrupt if people are making money in a broken system and they refuse to accept it's broken.

So in other words you're too lazy to hit up all the places with 5-7 guild traders. Got it.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

While we are glad to see this thread buzzing, we would like to remind everyone that Flaming and Baiting are both in fact violations of the rules. If you do not agree with what someone says, there is no need to go out of your way to attack each other. We would like to ask, as this conversation continues, do be sure that it remains civil and constructive. Please be aware that future violations of the Community Rules can result in this thread being closed. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    Capitalism is an open market.

People say this a lot and it's nonsense. I'm in a good trade guild with a prime spot and I don't see any collusion or exploiting the system, just weekly raffles and such like any other guild.

What supporters of the global auction house overlook is that people like me will game the holy hell out of a global store front. I've done it in other MMOs and I'd do it here as well. I wouldn't need a guild or raffles or any of that nonsense, just me and a couple hours hacking some LUA and boom, your markets belong to me. The current system makes such market domination infeasible for the solo individual and difficult for large guilds. A global auction house would make it trivial for everyone.

Your cure is worse than the disease.

No you're putting things in my mouth that i didn't say. It's not corrupt it's just broken

Okay, broken because you can't do a global search? Because you can't get in a guild with a good spot? What's your beef here? All you've said is that rich people want it to stay the way it currently is so that they stay rich (implying corruption or something similar) and that it's broken (somehow).
    Capitalism is an open market. This is the most closed market I've ever experience in any game in my life. On console without being able to talk to people it's like being in the stone ages but without having a family that had taught me basic things so I've got a lot of stuff and nothing to do with it. Or I get money and have nothing to buy

What does this even mean? Capitalism is an "open" market? So you can just pop down to your local strip mall and set up a storefront whenever you like? No rent, no contracts, everyone is welcome? What are you talking about?

Are you daft?

I want a simple trade system. I want to search for items and find them in the same place every time. An auction house. I'm saying every single reason for not wanting to have an auction house is pure bull and then fair enough it gets close to corrupt if people are making money in a broken system and they refuse to accept it's broken.

So in other words you're too lazy to hit up all the places with 5-7 guild traders. Got it.

Meh its not about travelling. But I'll go with that and say 5-7 guild traders would be a good result. Try 20-30 before I find even a consumable at my level. It doesn't need to be so complicated.

I'm not saying the way it works is boring, but it doesn't bring fun. And that's just trying to buy things. I couldn't imagine enjoying experiences selling items in the system just now, maybe on the odd day but I feel like my customers wouldn't even know where to find me. What would be the point
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    And it's not like I can be a blacksmith,woodworker, alchemist, enchanter, provisional guy all on the same character so I'd need to be involved in the market if I wanted to be involved in the competitive end game really; it seems like it would be way too much of a nuisance to do. Like the guild I find will be under stress probably.

Why should any part of the game experience have something that could cause distress, whether it's bidding on traders or looking for a Daedras heart
    Edited by ScottK1994 on July 21, 2016 1:52AM
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And it's not like I can be a blacksmith,woodworker, alchemist, enchanter, provisional guy all on the same character

u can, and even play your build.
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    And it's not like I can be a blacksmith,woodworker, alchemist, enchanter, provisional guy all on the same character

u can, and even play your build.

Nah I've two builds. I'm a wood worker and clothier, I have 8 skill points left. It's not a reasonable end game amicability to do every single quest that requires a skill point(which I've done many) and I probably still wouldn't have enough points if I did to max others out. You can't master every single skill with one character Why would they allow that
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    It's expected to have good enchantments on good gear on a good build with consumables to do trials I'm sure. I couldnt do that without seeing a trader
This discussion has been closed.