The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Auction House

• Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    how many skillpoints do u have?
    Options
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭

I'll answer tomorrow since I'm not in game but any way if you can master every single skill on one character I'm going to do that eventually(if I continue enjoying the game like) but I still shouldn't have to just to be viable for end game.

Also game mechanics shouldn't distress players and the game trading system distresses a lot of players more than me(I'm an outsider) hearing about people bidding last minute etc makes it sound like a job and that shouldn't be the case
    Options
  • Eleusian
    Eleusian
    ✭✭✭
    I can say as long as I'm just selling , I like the system being in strong trader guild always making tons in Mournhold. Then every now and then I spend all my game time searching for something and I'm ready to have a global auction house like most other mmorpg games have. Hell they launched this game without txt on console so global auction house is definitely not happening
    PS4 NA
    Options
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And it's not like I can be a blacksmith,woodworker, alchemist, enchanter, provisional guy all on the same character

u can, and even play your build.

This ^^^^^^^^^ I only have one character, master crafter, just learning 9 traits on everything, im still missing about 50 skill points. And have a more than useful DPS build from sneakybanana. Im at the point with extra skill points, I might start putting some in S&B to try some tanking once in a while. There are no shortage of skill points and you dont need to access traders at all to be self sufficient in game.

If you cant find a guild while in game, there is a guild recruitment section of the forums. You are your own worst enemy, no one else.
    Options
  • Zerok
    Zerok
    ✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    What supporters of the global auction house overlook is that people like me will game the holy hell out of a global store front. I've done it in other MMOs and I'd do it here as well. I wouldn't need a guild or raffles or any of that nonsense, just me and a couple hours hacking some LUA and boom, your markets belong to me. The current system makes such market domination infeasible for the solo individual and difficult for large guilds. A global auction house would make it trivial for everyone.
    The bold part is completely false, market domination is already happening.

This game needs antitrust laws to prevent the big guilds from controlling the market like they do. The current system is broken because it is not capitalism, it is anarchy.

As for the guild traders, it's just an annoyance. ZOS won't get rid of them because they want to force the players to increase their playtime. There is no other reason for them.
    Zeerok (the sneaky ruffian) - LV50 Bosmer stamblade DPS (AD)
    Gontrand de Bourbon (the greedy aristocrat) - LV50 Breton magsorc tank (DC)
    Augustus Aquilarios (the imperial claimant) - LV50 Imperial stamDK PvP (EP)
    Zeerokk (the AD zealot) - LV50 Altmer magblade PvP (AD)
    Lianna Storm (the inferno maiden) - LV50 Dunmer magDK DPS (EP)
    Fights-With-Khajiit (the gullible faithful) - LV5 Argonian templar (EP)
    Miner'va (the skooma addict) - LV3 Khajiit sorcerer (AD) - chaotic neutral
    Siggy Thorvaldsson (the charismatic baroness) - LV50 Nord stamwarden tank (DC)
    Options
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ScottK1994 wrote: »

I'll answer tomorrow since I'm not in game but any way if you can master every single skill on one character I'm going to do that eventually(if I continue enjoying the game like) but I still shouldn't have to just to be viable for end game.

Also game mechanics shouldn't distress players and the game trading system distresses a lot of players more than me(I'm an outsider) hearing about people bidding last minute etc makes it sound like a job and that shouldn't be the case

depending on what you play there usually are many useless skills u dont need to master.
    Options
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    And it's not like I can be a blacksmith,woodworker, alchemist, enchanter, provisional guy all on the same character

u can, and even play your build.

This ^^^^^^^^^ I only have one character, master crafter, just learning 9 traits on everything, im still missing about 50 skill points. And have a more than useful DPS build from sneakybanana. Im at the point with extra skill points, I might start putting some in S&B to try some tanking once in a while. There are no shortage of skill points and you dont need to access traders at all to be self sufficient in game.

If you cant find a guild while in game, there is a guild recruitment section of the forums. You are your own worst enemy, no one else.

No I'm not. That's complete crap. The casual players is constantly punished in this game. From players who think that an impenetrable market is working fine. From dungeon queues not working as they should. From bugs that dont get fixed in minor patches. And there's a whole group of people on this forum spending time harassing everyone who has a reasonable complaint..

*** off
    Options
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    The auction house, or a remote access to such system, is the only reason I'd need a player house.
    Like GTN in SWTOR, no more needed to go to the Fleet to use GTN, instead have my own trading panel in the house.
    The only problem is huge competitiveness, causing significant drop on all prices.
    So no, lets stay with actual traders. Swtor's GTN has the same amount of cons and pros.

That's a good thing anyway. I have a hundred grain solvents, and a two hundred of the clothing purple thing. If I sold that I'd have millions. It needs to be cheaper. The only difference it would make is that your gold is worth more.

Edit:just checked and I have two hundred of each and twenty legendary ones. I am unable to find a place to sell that. It's ridiculous.

What do you mean you can't find a place to sell your stuff. That is ridiculous. If you can't find a place to sell your stuff then you aren't really looking. And if you are just not wanting to pay the fee that most trade guilds have then that is on you.

Edit: Sorry just read some of other post on this thread and noticed there is no clear reason as to why the system is broken except you don't like it.
    Edited by alexkdd99 on July 21, 2016 2:22AM
    Options
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From dungeon queues not working as they should. From bugs that dont get fixed in minor patches.

true problems
    And there's a whole group of people on this forum spending time harassing everyone who has a reasonable complaint..

the main problem i see is a lack of constructivve arguing and a lack of interest in solving some problems by himself - since it here is possible. u cant tell that about bugs and other problems.
    Options
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    I can't find what I want when I need it either. It's simple. If you can't find what you want when you need it then it's crap. Being able to sell and make millions is not what I want. I don't care about it I want to be able to have a market for stuff. Buy and sell ore whenever I want. It should be under priced and undercut every day and gold should inflate until the new dlc(until there's new things to spend millions on) that's how successful markets in MMOs work
    Edited by ScottK1994 on July 21, 2016 2:20AM
    Options
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zerok wrote: »
    What supporters of the global auction house overlook is that people like me will game the holy hell out of a global store front. I've done it in other MMOs and I'd do it here as well. I wouldn't need a guild or raffles or any of that nonsense, just me and a couple hours hacking some LUA and boom, your markets belong to me. The current system makes such market domination infeasible for the solo individual and difficult for large guilds. A global auction house would make it trivial for everyone.

The bold part is also devoid of the quite important context that is sitting right next to it, I said infeasible for individuals and difficult (but not impossible) for guilds.
    This game needs antitrust laws to prevent the big guilds from controlling the market like they do. The current system is broken because it is not capitalism, it is anarchy.

Is this a thing on console or something? I just don't see it on PC/NA. Sure there are large trade guilds and syndicates of multiple guilds and whatnot, but they can't run the whole market. I buy stuff that I think is a good deal and sell stuff for good prices all the time and I never collude with anyone.
    As for the guild traders, it's just an annoyance. ZOS won't get rid of them because they want to force the players to increase their playtime. There is no other reason for them.

Well, many players like the guild trader system. It's not perfect but it does allow for a little bit of simulated information asymmetry in the market. A global auction house would be much worse when it came to groups controlling the price and flow of goods.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭

The bold part is also devoid of the quite important context that is sitting right next to it, I said infeasible for individuals and difficult (but not impossible) for guilds.

Is this a thing on console or something? I just don't see it on PC/NA. Sure there are large trade guilds and syndicates of multiple guilds and whatnot, but they can't run the whole market. I buy stuff that I think is a good deal and sell stuff for good prices all the time and I never collude with anyone.

Well, many players like the guild trader system. It's not perfect but it does allow for a little bit of simulated information asymmetry in the market. A global auction house would be much worse when it came to groups controlling the price and flow of goods.

Much better* when it came to groups controlling the price and flow of goods.

And it's also easy to notice by the game designers. World of warcraft auction houses had players who could influence it if they tried hard enough; it never harmed the game it just made certain people less rich. It's simple.
    Options
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well we'll have to agree to disagree on how it would turn out. This topic has come up a lot over the past couple of years and there is no consensus on the part of the players on which system is superior. Given that and the fact that ZOS won't even update the interface for the traders we already have means it's highly unlikely that they'll actually change anything.
    And it's also easy to notice by the game designers. World of warcraft auction houses had players who could influence it if they tried hard enough; it never harmed the game it just made certain people less rich. It's simple.

This game is not WoW, please don't ask for this game to be made into WoW, just go play WoW.
    Options
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭

Well we'll have to agree to disagree on how it would turn out. This topic has come up a lot over the past couple of years and there is no consensus on the part of the players on which system is superior. Given that and the fact that ZOS won't even update the interface for the traders we already have means it's highly unlikely that they'll actually change anything.

This game is not WoW, please don't ask for this game to be made into WoW, just go play WoW.

No I play PS4 and blizzard didn't listen that it could successfully port the old ass game.
    Successful MMORPGs are successful for a reason. I haven't heard much noise about eso since its release to be honest. I think it isn't doing well
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    since you have 5 guild spots, why do u think EVERY guild MUST be able to sell o.O

Everyone should be involved in the market otherwise it's not working. Simple MMO rules

everyone is able to be involved in that system. i dont get your point.

If everyone is involved then why am I not? I have 40 legendary crafting materials(the ones that upgrade) and I can't do anything with them. I don't care that an auction house would make them worth less. I should be able to buy and sell those materials any time I like

Because you choose not to would be my guess. I'm in a trading guild and a social guild. The social guild almost always finds a trader we can afford (on the cheap) and I sell items easily in both the high traffic vendor the trading guild has and the off the beaten path vendor the social guild finds.

That aside for a lot of people in the game the vendor system with traders scattered across the globe is a fun and vital part of the game they enjoy. Might be they like finding bargains then flipping them for profit. maybe they just like the idea of the hunt? I had fun chasing down every recipe in the game. Felt good finally getting that last one. Would have been boring and not worth doing if I could have found them all in the same place. Kind of akin to being able to catch every rare fish from one hole. Would get boring quick.

If you think price fixing is a problem then auction houses isn't the answer you are looking for. Everything in one place makes it easy for someone to corner the market on rare or heavily sought after items.

And there is always the option of zone chat. ya wanna unload the 40 legendary crafting just toss out a message in zone chat. Things sell in zone chat quick and easy if you ask a fair price.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    since you have 5 guild spots, why do u think EVERY guild MUST be able to sell o.O

Everyone should be involved in the market otherwise it's not working. Simple MMO rules

If everyone is involved then why am I not? I have 40 legendary crafting materials(the ones that upgrade) and I can't do anything with them. I don't care that an auction house would make them worth less. I should be able to buy and sell those materials any time I like

Because you choose not to would be my guess. I'm in a trading guild and a social guild. The social guild almost always finds a trader we can afford (on the cheap) and I sell items easily in both the high traffic vendor the trading guild has and the off the beaten path vendor the social guild finds.

That aside for a lot of people in the game the vendor system with traders scattered across the globe is a fun and vital part of the game they enjoy. Might be they like finding bargains then flipping them for profit. maybe they just like the idea of the hunt? I had fun chasing down every recipe in the game. Felt good finally getting that last one. Would have been boring and not worth doing if I could have found them all in the same place. Kind of akin to being able to catch every rare fish from one hole. Would get boring quick.

If you think price fixing is a problem then auction houses isn't the answer you are looking for. Everything in one place makes it easy for someone to corner the market on rare or heavily sought after items.

And there is always the option of zone chat. ya wanna unload the 40 legendary crafting just toss out a message in zone chat. Things sell in zone chat quick and easy if you ask a fair price.

Okay so I see a guild trader with a guild I'd like to join. How the hell do I do that? Run around til I find the right guy? Unreasonable.

I'll say it again for the developers. The idea of guild traders was interesting and I'd even say cool. I have not seen any experience of it working in this game. Maybe if it wasn't on this so called "megaserver" but I haven't met a trading guild guy on my travels. If I have I've had no way of knowing he was in a trading guild or even asking him in game.
    Options
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Okay so I see a guild trader with a guild I'd like to join. How the hell do I do that? Run around til I find the right guy? Unreasonable.

You could look at the names of the people selling stuff at that trader and message them (or at least I can on PC, not sure about console). There's also an entire guild recruitment section on the forums.
    Options
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭

You could look at the names of the people selling stuff at that trader and message them (or at least I can on PC, not sure about console). There's also an entire guild recruitment section on the forums.

The guild recruitment is dead on eu PS4
    Options
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't want to go back to FFXIV. The animations were horrible. But it made sense as an online game.
    Options
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    This has been an rpg experience for me but with silent group dungeons and zerg PvP with either no chat or horrible voices
    Edited by ScottK1994 on July 21, 2016 2:48AM
    Options
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

did u try?
    Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see some fundamental changes in the trading system, absolutely. After spending 1.5 hours of prime Saturday play time looking for a stack of refined Steel Ingots at a price that was less than double the absolute maximum price I would ever, ever even consider paying for it before giving up, I can understand anyone's frustration with the current system.

However, @ScottK1994, your eagerness to demonize everyone who disagrees with you wins you no points, even for those of us who tend to agree with you.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    Options
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they should implement auction house on console only and see how it works out. It does seem like it's a half empty(on people) buggy game.
    Edited by ScottK1994 on July 21, 2016 2:50AM
    Options
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So by the looks of it you made a post there less than 5 hours ago, in the middle of the night for EU folks, didn't get an immediate response and are now declaring that forum dead? Can you maybe wait until tomorrow?
    Options
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭

So by the looks of it you made a post there less than 5 hours ago, in the middle of the night for EU folks, didn't get an immediate response and are now declaring that forum dead? Can you maybe wait until tomorrow?

The most popular posts are from a year ago. If it's not at least fifty a day then it's dead
    Options
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    did u try?
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll say it again for the developers. The idea of guild traders was interesting and I'd even say cool. I have not seen any experience of it working in this game. Maybe if it wasn't on this so called "megaserver" but I haven't met a trading guild guy on my travels. If I have I've had no way of knowing he was in a trading guild or even asking him in game.

I asked my guild mates if any of them were in a good trading guild. Got several suggestions and after checking around some I picked which one I wanted to join. If in zone chat you ask if there are any good trade guilds out there looking for members you will often get a response. I know when the guild I am in sees a request they whisper asking if you can sell at least 5,000 gold a week (very easy to do even in bad spots) and if you say yes they will invite. I see messages in zone from trading guilds I know to be good guilds looking for new members. Yeah you are going to have a hell of a tough time finding a guild member from a specific guild that has a trader at a specific sight especially if you are unwilling to send out a query in chat. You can see what guild owns the trader though and can send out a zone chat asking if someone from that guild is online. Might take a few tries over time to get a response, but eventually you will get one if it is an active guild. Really getting into a trading guild is simple. Just go to a high traffic zone and ask are there any trade guilds recruiting. When you get a response you can ask a few questions then decide if you want to join or not.
    Edited by kargen27 on July 21, 2016 2:57AM
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The most popular posts are from a year ago. If it's not at least fifty a day then it's dead

The first page of that forum is literally packed with advertisements for trading guilds and they've all had activity in the past couple of weeks. Sorry if that it does not live up to your expectations but I think you could be trying just a wee bit harder here.
    Options
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    No longer replying to harassing trolls.
    Options
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    just remembering my grandmother and me as a small kid. when she told me, that that nut in raffaello is a hazelnut and i the whole time answered, its an almond. she started crying, because she was blind...and then shouted at me, that she is not stupid, just because of her blindness... i really felt for her, even though she wasnt right... weird.
    discussing here feels totally same like that discussion back then.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.