The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Announcing The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition"

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delpi wrote: »
    The point is..... if you buy it as the game-base, the dlc will be available to all servers (NA or EU) without the need to buy it again. Just like the imperial version outside the crown store. I don't know how to feel as an old player. :|
    Feel happy that ZOS have said there will be a DLC bundle for all current players. That's certainly better than nothing. Sure we'll have paid more overall, but whatever the DLC bundle costs it'll be less than the 9500 Crowns you need to buy the DLCs individually. Personally I'm expecting around 4500-6000 Crowns.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Mataata
    Mataata
    ✭✭✭
    Does this come with any race/any alliance?
    I love the Power Glove! It's so bad!
    i also do art and stuff i guess, here's my twitter
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mataata wrote: »
    Does this come with any race/any alliance?
    I'm assuming not.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As with others here, I agree that a DLC bundle for a reasonable price would be brilliant.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭

Okay, if there's an answer to this already, I can't see it. My question is this:

Say I have the TU edition currently available and install the Gold edition. Will my account from TU be useable on gold ed. and will I keep all of my limited-time purchases from the crown store such as The Black Bear mount, the Hero costumes, The White Bear pet, etc.?
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's stuff like this that really give me mixed messages. When I first started playing ESO, I subbed, because it was cheaper than buying the DLCs. When I got more involved with the game, I decided to buy the DLCs. At the time, it seemed like the thing that 'loyal' players did. To this day, I've purchased all the DLCs. It's been quite an investment. But when they released crafting bags (and soon dyes) as ESO + benefits, I felt a bit betrayed. As a loyal customer, I had purchased all the DLCs, but I was being pressured into buying a subscription as well, even though I would no longer benefit from having access to the DLCs since I purchased them.

Now they're trying to get new players to buy the game by incentivizing them with a version of the game that comes with DLCs. Some of the people in comments have mentioned their hopes for a bundle of the DLCs at an affordable price. Is that really necessary? Seems like a money-grabbing tactic to me, since players will still be pressured to subscribe in order to have access to the super-convenient (and somewhat necessary in end-game) craft bags.

If I could go back in time, I would have just subscribed permanently rather than buy the DLCs. Why do they offer the DLCs to be purchased anyway?
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xabien wrote: »
    Seeing as this is clearly aimed at new players, I guess the first question has to be - will existing player who've already purchased also be given these DLCs too? :)

I have to admit I was thinking to myself 'why ever buy dlc's again' if they're going to get given away for free like this.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    Current player with DLC's - Thanks for nothing ZOS.
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this time, I feel like they have had an adequate amount of time to answer our questions in regards to what happens to those of us who already own the game - with DLC's or not. I know they have a lot going on, but somebody could spare us a moment and hook us up with an answer. Please.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • JustSnilloc
    JustSnilloc
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking that it was about time for something like this to happen. Great for people who are wanting to get started with the game.

It would be nice to see some sort of bundle deal for long time players too, but meh.
    [J.S.] The Lost King --->
    http://justsnilloc.proboards.com/
    http://justsnilloc.deviantart.com/
    ~ 0==={{:::::::::::::::x:::::::::::::::}}===0 ~
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone answer my question?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    argouru wrote: »
    Can anyone answer my question?

I think the answer will be that you cannot buy Gold and use it to upgrade an existing account. It will have to be a new account.

For existing accounts, they say they want to have a bundle in the Crown Store.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I suggest stop playing the game now, go enjoy what some say is "Real Life" come back in a year and buy the "Diamond Edition".

Diamond Edition consists of:
    - max level
    - max cp
    - all custumes
    - all mounts
    - max crafting
    - max research
    - all DLCs
    -
    I'm sure the Diamond Edition will be a limited time only edition that they will resale at a later time.

Edited by vamp_emily on July 20, 2016 8:41PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I suggest stop playing the game now, go enjoy what some say is "Real Life" come back in a year and buy the "Diamond Edition".

Diamond Edition consists of:
    - max level
    - max cp
    - all custumes
    - all mounts
    - max crafting
    - max research
    - all DLCs
    -
    I'm sure the Diamond Edition will be a limited time only edition that they will resale at a later time.
    Have a link for the pre-order?? ;)
  • FLambda
    FLambda
    ✭✭✭
    I've been here a long time, including beta and the launch of early access, I love ESO and all it has. Yes I've quit multiple times to do getting the shaft from Zo$, but doesn't it seem like a rare coincidence that this is announced after the ESO sale on Steam?
    From what I can tell, it goes on sale every time there's a new DLC.
    Remember: there's no such thing as the Universal Standard of Descriptional Qualifications and Metrics.

The Wisdom of M'aiq the Liar:
    • You wish to become a lich? It's very easy, my friend. Simply find the heart of a lich, combine it with the tongue of a dragon, and cook it with the flesh of a well-ridden horse. This combination is certain to make you undead.
    • M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk.
  • FLambda
    FLambda
    ✭✭✭
    FLambda wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno: As many others have said, I would like an Official Response to this question. You don't need to go into details of price or whatever, just a simple "Yes" or "No" will do.

The question is thus: Will there be a Digital Gold Edition Upgrade offered in the Crown Store, just as there is an existing Digital Imperial Edition Upgrade in the Crown Store currently?

That is all.

You do realize that the only answer they can give is silence, unless someone tells them otherwise.

The Community Managers are probably not on the "need to know" list for such a thing. For all we know, they live in a damp dark cave with nothing but Kai's knowledge of colors to keep them company.
    Lol, if this is the case, then I feel sorry for them!

Come, my fellow Soul Shriven, let us deliver the Community Managers from the depths of Coldharbour!
    Remember: there's no such thing as the Universal Standard of Descriptional Qualifications and Metrics.

The Wisdom of M'aiq the Liar:
    • You wish to become a lich? It's very easy, my friend. Simply find the heart of a lich, combine it with the tongue of a dragon, and cook it with the flesh of a well-ridden horse. This combination is certain to make you undead.
    • M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk.
  • RubricMango6
    RubricMango6
    Soul Shriven
    ESO has already copied RIFT in the part of the "Anchors" RIFT has rifts that you can open, which spawn enemies, you go through all the enemies to the mini boss that then ends the rift and gives you rewards and XP, exactly like the anchors.

BUT here is one of the best things they can do for long time players who have bought a ton in the crown shop/subscription. RIFT used to be a subscription only based game, but went FTP, so they put in a store similar to the Crown store, but they also added other NON buyable items, you can only get these items via buying items from the shop, or from being a previous subscription member, they would calculate how much money you spent on the game and they made tiers of random items. These items would range from some mounts, to cosmetics, to a few (2) XP bonuses and lots more. The more you had/have spent, the better the items you would get! And NONE of the items were anything game breaking that would give you advantages.

Please Zenimax, copy what RIFT did for people who sank a ton of money into the game, give them special items that you earn by buying subscriptions and other things from the crown store. It will save you a lot of time trying to think of things to give the "veterans" of ESO.
  • Zevlin
    Zevlin
    ESO has already copied RIFT in the part of the "Anchors" RIFT has rifts that you can open, which spawn enemies, you go through all the enemies to the mini boss that then ends the rift and gives you rewards and XP, exactly like the anchors.

BUT here is one of the best things they can do for long time players who have bought a ton in the crown shop/subscription. RIFT used to be a subscription only based game, but went FTP, so they put in a store similar to the Crown store, but they also added other NON buyable items, you can only get these items via buying items from the shop, or from being a previous subscription member, they would calculate how much money you spent on the game and they made tiers of random items. These items would range from some mounts, to cosmetics, to a few (2) XP bonuses and lots more. The more you had/have spent, the better the items you would get! And NONE of the items were anything game breaking that would give you advantages.

Please Zenimax, copy what RIFT did for people who sank a ton of money into the game, give them special items that you earn by buying subscriptions and other things from the crown store. It will save you a lot of time trying to think of things to give the "veterans" of ESO.

Rift went down hill when it went F2P and removed fall damage. There is no such thing as F2P.
    I was in beta, but did no buy ESO until last month paid 32.08 for the base game and I have ESO+. I don't mind paying for content,

When I played EQ you had a sub and you paid for the expansions individually. Later they started bundling, this is normal.
    If your the type of player that needs the latest thing right now! then your going to pay a premium.

I personally don't like online stores. While it's fun to have mounts and pets, the game world is saturated with them. It takes no skill to acquire them, so pet and mounts becomes more meaningless. Outfits are the same way, no point in buying any outfits.
    I did buy a mount, the cheapest one, a simple horse. 900 crowns.
    I paying a sub and having all the DLCs, Now if they come out with a new DLC and it is not covered by ESO+, than maybe it will be time to stop playing.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No love for existing players...

To buy all the 4 DLC's it costs 9,500 crown. So if you buy (2) 5,500 crown packs for 39.99 each then that's $79.98. So, ya, great for new players but what about existing people? I bought the Imperial Edition as well (as soon as it was released) and got 0 included DLC's. I do understand that for a new player it would suck to drop 50 bucks on the game then 80 on expansion packs but hey, isn't that the way it typically works anyway? It's what I did. It would be nice if some thought would be given to existing players/account holders.

Problem: Player has been with the game for a long time, has got several champion 160 characters but owns no DLC's packs. To get them it would cost $79.98 or start a new account with new characters (which would suck) for $59.99.

Solution: You have to reduce the cost of the DLC's that are out there for people who are not gold edition buyers. If the 4 DLC's go down to say, 750 crown each the player would able to get them all for 3,000 crowns (or $39.99). Future DLC's can be 2k like the majority of them are.

EXACTLY!

If something doesn't change with the current procing for DLC, am I supposed to just throw my original purchase away, and but it again to get access to the DLC!?!?!?
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    The point is..... if you buy it as the game-base, the dlc will be available to all servers (NA or EU) without the need to buy it again. Just like the imperial version outside the crown store. I don't know how to feel as an old player. :|
    Feel happy that ZOS have said there will be a DLC bundle for all current players. That's certainly better than nothing. Sure we'll have paid more overall, but whatever the DLC bundle costs it'll be less than the 9500 Crowns you need to buy the DLCs individually. Personally I'm expecting around 4500-6000 Crowns.

Link to that announcement that there will be a DLC bundle?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They have not formally announced it. As with anything purchased in the Crown Store, they hold this information as Utter Top Secret until we absolutely need to know, and then they don't tell us how much it is until we really absolutely need to know. (If they could charge us for it without telling us the cost, they would :smile: )

However, they said on ESO Live that it was coming.
  • Freakquent
    Freakquent
    ✭✭
    I'm actually kind of mad about this. I paid about $80 for the imperial edition, yet you're now releasing a pack that is 10x better than the imperial addition for $60 :neutral:
    CP400+
    PC/NA PVP: BWB, Trueflame, Haderus & Azura's
    Typically known as Eunil - Peio - Dobrev
    Pugz - Imperial Trade Union - The Guardians Galore
  • socivL
    socivL
    ✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    There are few things more disappointing than people who can't be creative while marketing their intellectual property. You may as well flush the enthusiasm you were hoping for down the toilet.

before i flush all of my enthusiasm i will be using some of it to blanket my turds - so when they go down too, they'll be wrapped in little bits of it.
    2 templars - 1 cup
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The original announcement was in ESO Live, but the official announcement is available now, see http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2016/08/23/gamescom-2016-recap-update-12-and-one-tamriel Guilds and Glory DLC Bundle, 5500 Crowns. That's 4000 Crowns off, which is equivalent to getting both Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood for free.
  • irxson
    irxson
    Soul Shriven
    When will it be released?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    irxson wrote: »
    When will it be released?

The DLC bundle and Gold are September 9, if I recall correctly.
    Edited by Elsonso on August 30, 2016 1:27PM
  • Andairean
    Andairean
    ✭✭
    OMG lol, seriously complaining about something that is going to bring in new/more players, so the game you enjoy stays afloat . Has anyone whos complained about the bundle heard of GOTY(Game of the year) editions? Hmm Borderlands 1, Borderlands 2, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Lord of the rings online, Rift...all came out as base games, and expansions later.
    And after all the expansions , the GOTY edition.
    They are not trying to rip you of or give you the middle finger, Its not like Zeni has a crystal ball that tells them when every person mite buy ESO. So if you just bought ESO Welcome :-), lets enjoy the game :-)
    I do think it would be cool if they did a 4 pack deal though :-)
  • olivaresdonjuan
    Does it comes with any race any alliance?
  • Vorcil
    Vorcil
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I've got lots of friends who are keen to try out ESO (on PC)

Is there going to be any FREE TAMRIEL weekend like what happened once before?

With One Tamriel a lot of people are keen to try out the game, but a little hessitant to drop $60 on the initial free game

Just like this:
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2015/12/07/eso-free-play-weekend
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vorcil wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I've got lots of friends who are keen to try out ESO (on PC)

Is there going to be any FREE TAMRIEL weekend like what happened once before?

With One Tamriel a lot of people are keen to try out the game, but a little hessitant to drop $60 on the initial free game

Smart money says yes, and that the "free weekend" will be permanent. We just don't know the date, or if they will have anything earlier.