The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Announcing The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition"

• belacub18_ESO
    belacub18_ESO
    ✭✭
    Would be a pretty nice step from zos that you can get the mount too when you (already) purchase(d) all 4 DLC per crowns. (Not eso+)
    What do you think about it @Gina_Bruno and the rest of the zos team?

• Seadle
    Seadle
    ✭✭✭
    I've been here a long time, including beta and the launch of early access, I love ESO and all it has.
    Edited by Seadle on May 27, 2020 8:44AM
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the Gold Edition is a great way to bring in new players, and a thumbs up to ZOS for offering this. However, as others have mentioned, they should also offer a "Silver" edition with just the four DLC's for those who have already purchased the base game. Seems fair and another way for them to make a little extra $$$.
  • M0bi
    M0bi
    ✭✭✭
    @Gina_Bruno Read through this thread, seems like everyone would just like to know what loyal subscribers get? To be frank; ZoS should have thought about it before releasing this statement. We expect professionalism. So we just need a "something" from ZoS.
    FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who is has bought all of the DLCs with crowns and who is also subscribing, I'm perfectly okay with this.

This is completely normal: early adopters always pay more. My first SSD cost over $100 and had only 64GB of space. Now I can get 8x as much space for the same price. With virtually every game out there, buying the game at launch at full price and each DLC at launch at full price will always cost more than waiting a year or so for the "Complete", "GotY", "Gold", etc. editions that often cost less than the original price of the base game.

C'est la vie. If you're cost-conscious, then don't be an early adopter.

As for perks... well, unlike the peasants starting the game with the Gold Edition in September, I'm running around with over 700 CP, BiS BoP gear, lots of gold, mats, and supplies, maxed crafting and research, etc. I think that's a pretty substantial perk. Sure, I wouldn't mind a little something extra like a cosmetic or vanity item, but that huge head start is what you get for being an early adopter.
    Edited by code65536 on July 7, 2016 3:14PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this mean that all players won't have to buy these dlcs or be subbed to access them anymore? They seem to be moving into the "base game" category. Also, I agree with all the newer players on here who purchased the base game for the same price as this new Gold edition (or close to), they should get the DLCs added to their accounts too, or at the very least a highly discounted bundle on the crown store.
  • Jerdeh
    Jerdeh
    ✭✭✭
    This is a great news for new players indeed, but is there any way for current players to upgrade to this version or maybe even get it for free. I have played the game since launch and I definitely dont want to buy it again, just to get couple DLCs permanently. Would be cool to hear some news about this for the players who already own the game :)
    Been playing since betas 2014
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is a neat bundle and comes at a very reasonable price, so I might consider this as a gift to roleplay friends, who did not try out ESO yet. I like that it comes with a horse, which is no longer on the crown store, and all 4 DLCs. Now make it into an 99.99 offer and bundle it with the imperial race and a 3-months subscription included and it would be a perfect all-inclusive-gift.
    Edited by Lysette on July 7, 2016 6:26PM
  • mimejuice
    mimejuice
    I really hope there will be some kinda bundle for people who have the base game already.
  • FLambda
    FLambda
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno: As many others have said, I would like an Official Response to this question. You don't need to go into details of price or whatever, just a simple "Yes" or "No" will do.

The question is thus: Will there be a Digital Gold Edition Upgrade offered in the Crown Store, just as there is an existing Digital Imperial Edition Upgrade in the Crown Store currently?

That is all.
    Remember: there's no such thing as the Universal Standard of Descriptional Qualifications and Metrics.

The Wisdom of M'aiq the Liar:
    • You wish to become a lich? It's very easy, my friend. Simply find the heart of a lich, combine it with the tongue of a dragon, and cook it with the flesh of a well-ridden horse. This combination is certain to make you undead.
    • M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FLambda wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno: As many others have said, I would like an Official Response to this question. You don't need to go into details of price or whatever, just a simple "Yes" or "No" will do.

The question is thus: Will there be a Digital Gold Edition Upgrade offered in the Crown Store, just as there is an existing Digital Imperial Edition Upgrade in the Crown Store currently?

That is all.

You do realize that the only answer they can give is silence, unless someone tells them otherwise.

The Community Managers are probably not on the "need to know" list for such a thing. For all we know, they live in a damp dark cave with nothing but Kai's knowledge of colors to keep them company.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Fukutsu
    Fukutsu
    ✭✭
    atreides wrote: »
    Fukutsu wrote: »
    This feels kind of like a middle finger. I am a newer player, and I have just recently paid for the base game, and all of those DLCs too. Now everything I paid for will be part of the base game purchase . I could have saved a lot of money. IT EVEN COMES WITH A MOUNT!

Great for new players, but not sure why you're so excited to put this in my game launcher menu. I like what you're doing for the game, but this being part of my "eso news" was stupid imo.

We can't predict these type of things, I suppose would of been cool to get a heads up but if you bought the base game it would of been 20-30 dollars right? I recently bought my nephew the Xbox One version for him and it cost me 40 for the imperial edition and that was about month ago.

Unfortunately I made an impulse purchase from walmart. It was marked at $60 im pretty sure. I thought i was getting skyrim, tho. Im new to these games, but i was happy with the purchase cuz i love eso now. I've bought the dlcs and imperial editions, and since my mount has about 60 points in it i'd say i've only been here just over two months. Wish i had gotten it on steam but im just saying this was a really crappy thing to see on my news feed after recently spending all this money. Someone said it would be nice to get the mount if we already have all the dlc. I like that idea, but nobody here, including zos, cares to hear my crying. Its w/e. I hope this gets more people to join the eso community. Like i said before, i like what zos is doing with the game, but this news update didnt make me jump for joy.
    Edited by Fukutsu on July 7, 2016 8:51PM
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    atreides wrote: »
    No love for existing players...

To buy all the 4 DLC's it costs 9,500 crown. So if you buy (2) 5,500 crown packs for 39.99 each then that's $79.98. So, ya, great for new players but what about existing people? I bought the Imperial Edition as well (as soon as it was released) and got 0 included DLC's. I do understand that for a new player it would suck to drop 50 bucks on the game then 80 on expansion packs but hey, isn't that the way it typically works anyway? It's what I did. It would be nice if some thought would be given to existing players/account holders.

Problem: Player has been with the game for a long time, has got several champion 160 characters but owns no DLC's packs. To get them it would cost $79.98 or start a new account with new characters (which would suck) for $59.99.

Solution: You have to reduce the cost of the DLC's that are out there for people who are not gold edition buyers. If the 4 DLC's go down to say, 750 crown each the player would able to get them all for 3,000 crowns (or $39.99). Future DLC's can be 2k like the majority of them are.

The gold edition is still cheaper then buying everything through the crown store. Why should ZMO lower prices for dlc? imo the prices are fine and 20 dollar cut is only a good thing.

My point is that you have to start a new account if you go the cheaper (gold) route. i.e. the time you have spent on your characters on your account you have now would be all for nothing. Thus, make it cheaper to get the DLC's for those who don't want to buy a new version of the game.
  • irxson
    irxson
    Soul Shriven
    FLambda wrote: »

That is all.

I'd love to know too!
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dethbl00ms wrote: »
    In other words: "We finally finished the base game: here it is." :wink:

Yes, that's exactly how it feels.

Which, combined with Firor's recent declarations, makes me fear again that the first 4 DLCs were actually belated parts of the base game, and future DLCs will be unsignificant tiny bits such as Shadows of the Hists. But we'll have to keep our subscriptions because crafting bag.

Oh well...

• staracino_ESO
    staracino_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    dethbl00ms wrote: »
    In other words: "We finally finished the base game: here it is." :wink:

Yes, that's exactly how it feels.

Which, combined with Firor's recent declarations, makes me fear again that the first 4 DLCs were actually belated parts of the base game, and future DLCs will be unsignificant tiny bits such as Shadows of the Hists. But we'll have to keep our subscriptions because crafting bag.

Oh well...

There will still be large expansion, but I would expect them to be cut to maybe 1 a year, with the other 3 updates being smaller. I do remember reading somewhere that they originally wanted DB and TG to be in the base game, but I cannot remember where I saw that.
  • CaliPlays
    CaliPlays
    Anything for existing players, will there be a bundle like this that excludes the game? I mean, some of us have stuck around for a very long time and still haven't bought any DLC.
  • Gherit
    Gherit
    Soul Shriven
    I really hope you will do any kind of sale for crowns, because people who have only bought standard version of the game may feel sad that they could buy the gold edition instead.
    And I also have a question. Will we be able to add gold edition to the account with vanilla game? I'd like to get all the DLCs but buying them one by one is too expensive for me. I am also a big fan of collecting game boxes (I don't have TESO box edition :confused: ) so it is a good opportunity to get one by buying the gold edition :blush: .
  • Macomatic
    Macomatic
    Soul Shriven
    I would guess that Bethesda and Zenimax would be looking at these responses to the post, and this is what I believe should happen.

Some users have paid for the base game for $60.00, while others have paid for the base game + imperial edition for $90.00. Obviously this new deal is aimed at new players to buy the base game and all of the DLC's for the price of the price of the base game, but as one ESO player has already stated on this forum,
    Fukutsu wrote: »
    This feels kind of like a middle finger.

My case is like Fukutsu. I am a newer player and have had this game for a little under a month. I paid for Imperial edition AND I also bought the Dark Brotherhood DLC. So I have already spent around $105+ for the game. The new offer is good but I think it makes players who have put a lot of money into the game feel unimportant. I think many people can agree with me.

This is just what I think should happen.
    1) Players who have bought the base game + Imperial edition should get the benefits of this new package for free.

2) Anyone who has bought the game (whether just the base game or with the imperial edition) AND has purchased DLC('s) should be given some crowns or the equivalent amount of crowns of the DLC('s) purchased.

3) Adding a sale for crowns and crown store items might allow players who do not benefit to this new deal cope with it.

These are not concrete ideas, I am just spitting some ideas that I thought about to make this new deal benefit everyone.

Edited by Macomatic on July 9, 2016 11:53AM
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gherit wrote: »
    I really hope you will do any kind of sale for crowns, because people who have only bought standard version of the game may feel sad that they could buy the gold edition instead.
    And I also have a question. Will we be able to add gold edition to the account with vanilla game? I'd like to get all the DLCs but buying them one by one is too expensive for me. I am also a big fan of collecting game boxes (I don't have TESO box edition :confused: ) so it is a good opportunity to get one by buying the gold edition :blush: .

@CaliPlays @Gherit @Macomatic etc.

Yesterday, during the ESO Live, they answered that. Yes, there will be a bundle with all 4 DLC's in the Crown Store! No more details for now, you'll have to wait until they decide the price and everything. B)
    Edited by Neirymn on July 9, 2016 12:11PM
  • Macomatic
    Macomatic
    Soul Shriven
    @senhavran Did they talk about what would happen if users owned some of the DLC's in that pack?
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Macomatic

Nope but obviously, it will work like other packs: if you own some of the content in it, the items you own will be grey tint and "purchased" but you will still be bale to buy the pack for the things you don't own in it, the price stays the same no matter if you already own something in it though.

For example, I had the every race in any faction perk with my initial purchase of the game (Included in the pre-order bonus on consoles), but this perk is also available in the Crown Store as the adventurer pack. The pack itself wasn't purchased but some content in it, like the perk I mentioned, were. I purchased the pack to get the rest of the items at full price.

If it's a matter of price and not having to buy a DLC twice, you'll have to wait for the price and see if it's still a good deal or if buying every DLC's alone is cheaper. But if you only bought one DLC it might still be cheaper to buy the bundle than every DLC's alone. Wait and see. ^^
    Edited by Neirymn on July 9, 2016 2:00PM
  • Macomatic
    Macomatic
    Soul Shriven
    Alright thanks @senhavran
  • Gherit
    Gherit
    Soul Shriven
    @senhavran
    Hey, that's a good news! Thanks for sharing it with us. Nice to hear that devs don't forget about the old players. :smiley:

• Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Macomatic wrote: »
    Alright thanks @senhavran
    Gherit wrote: »
    @senhavran
    Hey, that's a good news! Thanks for sharing it with us. Nice to hear that devs don't forget about the old players. :smiley:

You're welcome! :)
  • commodorecomrade
    commodorecomrade
    Soul Shriven
    Do we know by now if the DLC bundle by itself will be sold so people who own the base game without any DLCs can still get the bundle? Thanks!
  • Gherit
    Gherit
    Soul Shriven
    @commodorecomrade Check what Senhavran wrote :P There will be bundle with those 4 DLCs in the crown store.
  • ElazulHP
    ElazulHP
    Literally just bought this game on the Steam sale a week ago now I find out that it's going to be in one package for cheaper than it was on the Steam sale with all the DLC. I really hope there is going to be a package that lets me buy the DLC for cheaper as well or you probably will be losing an ESO Plus subscription here. Oh and please fix the constant crashing. Thanks.
  • Targir
    Targir
    BETHESDA PLEASE BE FAIR AND GIVE CURRENT PLAYERS THE DLCs FOR THE PRICE LIKE THE GOLD EDITION.
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point is..... if you buy it as the game-base, the dlc will be available to all servers (NA or EU) without the need to buy it again. Just like the imperial version outside the crown store. I don't know how to feel as an old player. :|
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."