Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game Performance Issues on Console

• vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jhall03 wrote: »
    I'm worried that this game is becoming too much for consoles. And with the new features coming out (One Tamriel and text chat) I don't see how it's going to get better.

I think that would be a crap excuse if it were something they were to actually utilize (they would actually have to reply to a thread though). Many other MMO's run just fine on PS4, including DCUO and the just launched Neverwinter. I'm actually shocked to see virtually no issues with Neverwinter last night on it's launch day. Smooth sailing all the way. Looks like that is where I will be spending my time from now on. Feeling like a big IDIOT for spending so much real world cash on Crown Store items that I can't even access now due to ZOS's inability to fix and optimize their game. Guess I learned my lesson the hard way......
  • Synoke
    Synoke
    Zenimax has ruined it for me. I hope they burn now since they refuse to get their act together. I'll continue to play FFXIV where I have spent over 2000hrs in it. At least SE KNOWS how to fix issues especially GAME BREAKING issues within 24 - 48hrs.
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those loading screens are making me go crazy :
    1. Travel to wayshrine and select new location
    2. loading screen... ~30 seconds
    3. Walk less than 10 meters
    4. loading screen...~30 seconds
    5. Walk another 10-50 meters
    6. loading screen... ~30 seconds

The first loading screen is normal (you are fast traveling to a new location..)
    The second loading screen is ALWAYS present
    The third loading screen is often present.
    PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not just Orsinium and Elden Root.

Use a wayshrine, any wayshrine. Run or ride away as soon as you land and you'll get a loading screen.

Join any dungeon. You have to wait a few minutes for the mobs to load so you can see them.

While in a dungeon, if you get into a fight and there are lots of mobs, fire and spells flying around, you're more than likely to Blue Screen.

Got Wayrest to pick up the Undaunted pledges. The lag, loading screens and Blue screens are rampant there.

This happens with every DLC since Imperial City. EVERY DLC SINCE IMPERIAL CITY!

Maybe you need a new Engineering team.

ESO was so good pre Imperial City! It's such a shame they broke thei own game.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS this morning: "Hey guys, buy this new alliance style costume DLC! Wait, what? Fix the game? BAHAHHAH!"
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Those of you who are experiencing long loading screens and missing NPCs, specifically, are you playing on the European or North American PS4 megaserver?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Sargentwilko51
    Sargentwilko51
    ✭✭✭
    Those of you who are experiencing long loading screens and missing NPCs, specifically, are you playing on the European or North American PS4 megaserver?

NA for me. Was locked out of one character for over 6 hours last night. Knew I should not have not gotten up when in Mournhold.

This missing/invisible ad's are quite bad in instanced content for me. Dungeons (Crypt of Hearts, Sanctum, etc)
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

North America here.
  • Nuntjako
    Nuntjako
    ✭✭✭

European. Everyone in my guild(50+ players) are experiencing that on EU.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EU server, getting worse with each patch.
    Worst city (loading screens every 10 meters): Orsinium
    Worst dungeon (invisible foes for more than 1 minute): Crypt of Hearts
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭

North America.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Cross-posted to the Xbox One Technical Support forum area)

With today's console incremental patch, we pushed some improvements for the game performance issues that many of our players have been experiencing on Xbox One & PS4. These were the first of more game performance improvements to come. While we have seen some improvements, some of our players are still experiencing some or all of the following issues:
    • Very long load times
    • Invisible monsters and/or NPCs, and things not fully loading into the world
    • Extremely low FPS
    • Frequent crashing to dashboard
    • Characters stuck due to a crash loop

For those of you who are still experiencing any of the above issues, we have a couple recommendations we'd like you to try that have worked for others.
    • Please completely turn off and reboot your console
    • Please ensure that while running ESO, no other apps are open on your console

If you are still experiencing the listed issues after trying the two recommendations above, please reply to this thread with specific details about your issue. Also, if you have a character that is currently stuck in a crash loop, please contact our Support team – they will move your character for you. And if things have improved for you since today's patch, we'd also like to know. Thank you!

I have completley rebooted my console 3 times

i do not run other apps

i have deleted saved date from evrywhere

i have submitted a ticket, and all i get is an auto response (worded similar to this response) but it says if this doesnt work please contact us again, so i tell thme it doesnt work and i get the same auto response again

my character is stuckin the wrothgar loop, and i appear to be stuck in the automated response loop!

Don't tell me that untill the maintenance you were still stuck in Wrothgar ??? That's like 2 or 3 days already from what i read and i really have respect for your patience !!
    Amazing !

yep, stuck for 3 days, you think this is a display of patience? LOL
    it was nothing compared to when DB 1st came out i had 2 stuck there 4 a week, 1 of whom was my crafter. after much crying raging here on the forums & many tickets submitted they were released
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is orsinium safe to visit yet?

edt: last time i did a test i got a character stuck.... not sure i want to make such a sacrafice again!
    Edited by bebynnag on July 15, 2016 4:57AM
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm even with an SSD the loading is constant.
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU server.

I've noticed that it gets worse the longer I play, close and restart the client and it's better (but not great) for a while.

I've also noticed that if I spend a fair amount of time in inventory, skills, champion etc menus the game runs like complete pants afterwards and have to close and restart the client.

Could the menus be causing a memory leak ? Unfortunately on PS4 I don't think we have anything to monitor memory usage.

Feels very much like it used back in the day on pc when Zos kept chucking memory leaks at us.
    Edited by Lunerdog on July 15, 2016 12:28PM
  • Khilseith
    Khilseith
    ✭✭✭
    I'm stuck in Wrothgar and support isn't responding... so what am I supposed to do? My friends are waiting for me.
  • olioster
    olioster
    Soul Shriven
    Things seem to have improved after this weeks maintenance but now it's back to being terrible.
  • olioster
    olioster
    Soul Shriven
    jhall03 wrote: »
    I'm worried that this game is becoming too much for consoles. And with the new features coming out (One Tamriel and text chat) I don't see how it's going to get better.

I think that would be a crap excuse if it were something they were to actually utilize (they would actually have to reply to a thread though). Many other MMO's run just fine on PS4, including DCUO and the just launched Neverwinter. I'm actually shocked to see virtually no issues with Neverwinter last night on it's launch day. Smooth sailing all the way. Looks like that is where I will be spending my time from now on. Feeling like a big IDIOT for spending so much real world cash on Crown Store items that I can't even access now due to ZOS's inability to fix and optimize their game. Guess I learned my lesson the hard way......

Seriously. I want to know how all these other MMOs can do just fine on consoles and yet with every update, ZOS drops the ball. FFXIV has same day patches for PC and console.
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    Lag and loading screens, that's the current problem. Lag was always a problem, has never been fixed so I guess it never will, but those loading screens...
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭
    @outsideworld76 Yeah do you really need to load every 5 steps?
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    The last two DLC's destroyed the game. Low grade content and the introduction of many, many new problems. How is it that new content takes precedence over fixing the game that customers was promised in the first place? I will not subscribe for this any longer.
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest I stacked subscription up to somewhere in the first half of 2017. Yeah they got awhile and I am very patient even though I don't know what happened behind office doors. It could have been anything bugs that slipped past PTS, rushing the project out even though it isn't finished, or other conflicts a game studio might have especially with limited funds.
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just a little annoyed they spend time delivering new content without fixing the base game. For me the extra content is of little or no concern, just fix the current problems, mainly being the absurd lag and since the latest dlc's those loading screens and invisible npc's.
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    Again this lag , it was good for a moment like a week for me and now back unplayable really ..
    I wonder what's causing this and i'm frankly tired of this , it's really a shame since i love this game to be returning to DCUO where it's playable at least

EU server ps4
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olioster wrote: »
    Seriously. I want to know how all these other MMOs can do just fine on consoles and yet with every update, ZOS drops the ball. FFXIV has same day patches for PC and console.

I know right? It's insane. Honestly, I love ESO and I love the Elder Scrolls world in general.. but this game is so broken and f'd at this point - and the fact that the folks at ZOS have no definitive word a fix for something that all other MMO's have a handle on seems beyond ridiculous. What kind of Mickey Mouse operation is this?
    Edited by vivisectvib16_ESO on July 18, 2016 12:24AM
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I am experiencing a LOT of logging-in issues, per this thread:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/279610/whats-the-extent-of-playability-issues-on-ps4#latest

I rarely see any in-game loading screens, but yes there are missing NPCs (Maj for one) and more silhouette players every day. When I can actually log into the game to see them, that is.
    Edited by LadyLethalla on July 18, 2016 2:52AM
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »
    ESO belongs to you, so what are you all waiting for?
    Boot up your game and attempt to play it.
    I think this is a valid point and the essence of the last year: Official testing seems useless.
    PS4 patches are released with more bugs instead of fewer bugs.
    This way, bugs are accumulating over months to a point where he game is broken.

So far, each new DLC release brought us new bugs.
    Now we are at a point, where the core game is not stable anymore.
    Perhaps ZOS should pause developing new content for one quarter for fixing bugs instead.

This! Just fix the *** game before adding new ***.

Unsubbed.

You want a list?

Pvp - Uplayable in Cyrodiil. Frame drops/lag/frozen characters/load screens/kicked to dash

PVE - load screens/frame rate drops/stuttering when fighting trash mobs/freezing/music drops in and out/NPCs not loading for minutes/users not loading skins for minutes at a time

These issues in PVE vary depending on my character slot! slot 1 and 3 work ok (not good) in PVE. Slot 2 is unplayable completely, slot 4 is terrible, but not as bad as slot 2.

Pvp is *** for all characters.

Pre IC this game was absolutely perfect for me.

Since then, it's been trash.
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    EU PS4

It hasn't been as bad for me over the weekend....but a week or so ago it was horribly laggy. 30 secs+ loading in npcs and enemies, random loading screens and frame rate drops
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »
    ESO belongs to you, so what are you all waiting for?
    Boot up your game and attempt to play it.
    I think this is a valid point and the essence of the last year: Official testing seems useless.
    PS4 patches are released with more bugs instead of fewer bugs.
    This way, bugs are accumulating over months to a point where he game is broken.

So far, each new DLC release brought us new bugs.
    Now we are at a point, where the core game is not stable anymore.
    Perhaps ZOS should pause developing new content for one quarter for fixing bugs instead.

This! Just fix the *** game before adding new ***.

Unsubbed.

You want a list?

Pvp - Uplayable in Cyrodiil. Frame drops/lag/frozen characters/load screens/kicked to dash

PVE - load screens/frame rate drops/stuttering when fighting trash mobs/freezing/music drops in and out/NPCs not loading for minutes/users not loading skins for minutes at a time

These issues in PVE vary depending on my character slot! slot 1 and 3 work ok (not good) in PVE. Slot 2 is unplayable completely, slot 4 is terrible, but not as bad as slot 2.

Pvp is *** for all characters.

Pre IC this game was absolutely perfect for me.

Since then, it's been trash.

This sums it up for me. +1 I totally agree with all of this. Including before IC came out. Everything was fine for me until Imperial City came out. I'm on PS4 EU to mention also. However I still love this game and Zos though.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • olioster
    olioster
    Soul Shriven
    I'm on the NA server if it helps. It was actually almost back to Pre-DB for me for a couple days after the maintenance but come Friday is creeped back in.