Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game Performance Issues on Console

• Nuntjako
    Nuntjako
    ✭✭✭
    I've rebooted my ps4, my router(even resetted it) and not running any other apps. I still get loading screens everywhere I go within 30 seconds after travelling. Major fps issues in larger cities. Invisible mobs aswell as the sound cutting out.

These aren't issues that only a few people are having! Everyone in my guild(82 people) are experiencing the same issues.

To me it seems like the server isn't loading the enviroment quick enough.

You really need to fix this soon! I love this game and been playing it since launch, but I've never experienced this much trouble playing a game. It's a point where I'm considering leaving the game, and I know a lot of players feel the same.

Edited by Nuntjako on July 7, 2016 10:59AM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of these severe issues on console ZOS.....

We can list them out all day.
    Talk about them all day.
    Explain them all day.
    Record them all day.

Yet it changes nothing, and we can't deal with them forever.....

You know what is happening. I cannot believe you don't even care to fix anything. ESO belongs to you, so what are you all waiting for? Boot up your game and attempt to play it.

• Complete crafting writs.
    • Run Undaunted pledges, trials, vMA.
    • Hop into a populated PvP server.
    • Walk in Wayrest as a DC character.
    • Enter City of Ash (Vet or Normal), exit the dungeon so you are standing outside of it, then mount up and get to the nearest wayshrine asap. Lie to yourself and say there weren't multiple load screens in between.

I am so disappointed in ZOS that giving their game my time and money right now feels almost wrong until they attempt to fix performance problems on console :'(

Is it honestly asking for too much? Fix the game-breaking bugs and performance issues you've had two years to work on and/or caused in Dark Brotherhood. This is not a request to make things great, but rather to bring them back to being okay instead of terrible.
    Edited by Vaoh on July 7, 2016 9:52AM
  • Moe1983
    Moe1983
    Nuntjako wrote: »
    I've rebooted my ps4, my router(even resetted it) and not running any other apps. I still get loading screens everywhere I go within 30 seconds after travelling. Major fps issues in larger cities. Invisible mobs aswell as the sound cutting out.

This isn't issues that only a few people are having! Everyone in my guild(82 people) are experiencing the same issues.

To me it seems like the server isn't loading the enviroment quick enough.

You really need to fix this soon! I love this game and been playing it since launch, but I've never experienced this much trouble playing a game. It's a point where I'm considering leaving the game, and I know a lot of players feel the same.

in the same guild, same reported issues happening for me.
  • IxxiKuro
    IxxiKuro
    ✭✭
    Same as Moe1983 and Nuntjako, and loadingscreens popping op everywhere even in regions like malabar tor.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »
    ESO belongs to you, so what are you all waiting for?
    Boot up your game and attempt to play it.
    I think this is a valid point and the essence of the last year: Official testing seems useless.
    PS4 patches are released with more bugs instead of fewer bugs.
    This way, bugs are accumulating over months to a point where he game is broken.

So far, each new DLC release brought us new bugs.
    Now we are at a point, where the core game is not stable anymore.
    Perhaps ZOS should pause developing new content for one quarter for fixing bugs instead.

Edited by BalticBlues on July 7, 2016 1:18PM
  • Natetendo83
    Natetendo83
    ✭✭
    Ok so I gave the game a go last night (after doing a hard reset and making sure no other applications were running) and this is what I came across:

- Repeating load screens in the Gold Coast, Hew's Bane, and Riften
    - Significant FPS drops in many areas, even outside of towns
    - NPCs and quests not updating for anywhere from 10 seconds to up to a minute in extreme cases
    - Textures also take a long time to load. I have run through an area and all of the textures were muddy and low res and they "pop in" randomly as I run past them. I have noticed a fairly consistent relationship between textures not loading and getting hit with repeating load screens.

As many seem to have pointed out, it seems that the game simply is not optimized for loading the world by the time the initial loading screen is finished. I would rather have loading screens be 15 seconds longer and let the game fully load than load in and load again...and again...and again. I found that if I stood still for about 10-15 seconds whenever I loaded into an area that helped reduce load screens, but user controlled fixes and workarounds are not ideal IMO.

I'll continue to play the game but until these issues are fixed I will not purchase any more crowns and I will not purchase any DLC. Something needs to be done about these performance issues before I think about spending money on the game again.
  • Moe1983
    Moe1983
    Ok so I gave the game a go last night (after doing a hard reset and making sure no other applications were running) and this is what I came across:

- Repeating load screens in the Gold Coast, Hew's Bane, and Riften
    - Significant FPS drops in many areas, even outside of towns
    - NPCs and quests not updating for anywhere from 10 seconds to up to a minute in extreme cases
    - Textures also take a long time to load. I have run through an area and all of the textures were muddy and low res and they "pop in" randomly as I run past them. I have noticed a fairly consistent relationship between textures not loading and getting hit with repeating load screens.

As many seem to have pointed out, it seems that the game simply is not optimized for loading the world by the time the initial loading screen is finished. I would rather have loading screens be 15 seconds longer and let the game fully load than load in and load again...and again...and again. I found that if I stood still for about 10-15 seconds whenever I loaded into an area that helped reduce load screens, but user controlled fixes and workarounds are not ideal IMO.

I'll continue to play the game but until these issues are fixed I will not purchase any more crowns and I will not purchase any DLC. Something needs to be done about these performance issues before I think about spending money on the game again.

on the FPS, I did 5 runs with 11 other people on vet. Sanctum Ophidia, the FPS was shocking, granted it was like a mini Pink Floyd concert in there, almost to the point of mini freezes, enemies clipping across screen, certain rooms & doorways were pure black that if you walked through the content of the next room then appeared.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Talk about them all day.
    Explain them all day.
    Record them all day.

You know what is happening. I cannot believe you don't even care to fix anything. ESO belongs to you, so what are you all waiting for? Boot up your game and attempt to play it.

• Enter City of Ash (Vet or Normal), exit the dungeon so you are standing outside of it, then mount up and get to the nearest wayshrine asap. Lie to yourself and say there weren't multiple load screens in between.

I am so disappointed in ZOS that giving their game my time and money right now feels almost wrong until they attempt to fix performance problems on console :'(

Is it honestly asking for too much? Fix the game-breaking bugs and performance issues you've had two years to work on and/or caused in Dark Brotherhood. This is not a request to make things great, but rather to bring them back to being okay instead of terrible.

I would add that ZOS needs to play it on a normal, average household internet connection, not in the controlled environment of their development labs (or whatever they're calle). In fact, the devs and quality control team should try playing the game at their houses.
  • Natetendo83
    Natetendo83
    ✭✭

Talk about them all day.
    Explain them all day.
    Record them all day.

I would add that ZOS needs to play it on a normal, average household internet connection, not in the controlled environment of their development labs (or whatever they're calle). In fact, the devs and quality control team should try playing the game at their houses.

Heck they should just take a day and play the game on the regular servers even at their studio. I honestly don't think the best internet connection on the planet would help resolve the issues people have. The whole studio should sit down together and watch a few people play their own game on the public servers that all of us are using.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys,

In order to help us track down the exact issues you’re seeing, we’d like to get some very specific information from you. If you’re running into invisible monsters and/or NPCs, if things are not fully loading in, or if you have extremely low FPS, please post exactly which area you’re experiencing this (and include which problem you’re having). The more specific you can be, the better.

Thanks in advance!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's happening across the board, not just in specific parts of the map.
  • Moe1983
    Moe1983
    Hey guys,

In order to help us track down the exact issues you’re seeing, we’d like to get some very specific information from you. If you’re running into invisible monsters and/or NPCs, if things are not fully loading in, or if you have extremely low FPS, please post exactly which area you’re experiencing this (and include which problem you’re having). The more specific you can be, the better.

Thanks in advance!

yes this would be my general consensus too.

Am on ps4/eu last few days been running pledges in Stormhaven, Rivenspire, Malabal Tor, Greenshade & Deshaan to name but a few. Also been working alot on PvE content in Wrothgar & Craglorn (including vet. trials within Sanctum Ophidia). Dipped my feet into Cyrodiil same situation, I was primarily operating between Castle Roebeck, Gray Viper Outpost & Castle Faregyl.
    Edited by Moe1983 on July 7, 2016 3:49PM
  • Natetendo83
    Natetendo83
    ✭✭
    Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

It seems to happen just about everywhere but last night alone I witnessed it in Hew's Bane, Gold Coast, and Riften.

In recent weeks I've seen all of this in Mournhold, Wrothgar (all of it, even the main city), Alik'r Desert, Bangkorai, Shadowfen, Deshan, Craglorn, and of course Cyrodiil.

To be fair that's pretty much every zone I've been in for the last month or so, so when you see people saying "everywhere" they really aren't kidding.
    Edited by Natetendo83 on July 7, 2016 3:47PM
  • Codeman223344
    Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

when i get on my character i immediately cant to anything i can swing my weapon,cant go into options, or anything. then after a few seconds it kicks me to the starting screen that say "you are unable to connect to the game servers" everytime i try to play.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Moe1983 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

Am on ps4/eu last few days been running pledges in Stormhaven, Rivenspire, Malabal Tor, Greenshade & Deshaan to name but a few. Also been working alot on PvE content in Wrothgar & Craglorn (including vet. trials within Sanctum Ophidia). Dipped my feet into Cyrodiil same situation, I was primarily operating between Castle Roebeck, Gray Viper Outpost & Castle Faregyl.
    Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

It seems to happen just about everywhere but last night alone I witnessed it in Hew's Bane, Gold Coast, and Riften.

In recent weeks I've seen all of this in Mournhold, Wrothgar (all of it, even the main city), Alik'r Desert, Bangkorai, Shadowfen, Deshan, Craglorn, and of course Cyrodiil.

To be fair that's pretty much every zone I've been in for the last month or so, so when you see people saying "everywhere" they really aren't kidding.

What situation specifically? Poor FPS or invisible mobs?
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on July 7, 2016 3:56PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Nuntjako
    Nuntjako
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

It's happening everywhere. The loading screens occur everywhere, whenever wayshrining to a new location, logging in or riding fast through a zone. It's worse in high populated cities like Wrothgar where you dont get one loading screen after logging, travelling or riding but 2 or 3.
  • Natetendo83
    Natetendo83
    ✭✭
    Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

Both, honestly. And repeating load screens.

Edit: To be slightly more specific about invisible NPCs and mobs that usually happens within delves or dungeons within said zones, occasionally it happens out in the world too.
    Edited by Natetendo83 on July 7, 2016 4:06PM
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

I'm on Xbox NA and it's both in every place on the map. I literally wayshrined to every city last night to test this.
  • Moe1983
    Moe1983
    Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

For me FPS (Sanctum Ophidia, Cyrodiil), no skill animation (flurry / rapid strikes). Double load screens anywhere (all the locations I mentioned), you'd wayshirne in move for a few second & then you're presented with the loadscreen again. Undaunted Enclave for DC is filled with black silhouettes for some time both NPCs & fellow players.

Then, specifically with Sanctum Ophidia, when the screen gets really busy enemies appear in one place & a few seconds later are glitch somewhere else, but still in the local vicinity, if that makes sense. Also the rooms in Sanctum Ophidia where there are leavers to pull the entrance way is a pure black square right up to approach, you are able to pass through it & when you do the adjoining room is rendered correctly.
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

P.S., I gotta tell ya, I genuinely feel bad that this going on during your first week back to work.
  • Natetendo83
    Natetendo83
    ✭✭
    Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

I'm on Xbox NA and it's both in every place on the map. I literally wayshrined to every city last night to test this.

I don't mean to be rude, but you might be better off posting your issues over in the Xbox Tech Support Forum, they have a similar thread dedicated to these issues for Xbox users here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/274610/game-performance-issues-on-console/p1
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Your company should have 5 or more people on Xbox and PS4 looking for these issues yourself and finding the problems that thousands of other players like myself experience on a daily basis. Is that even an option you have all considered?
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• Nuntjako
    Nuntjako
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

I know that this is none of your fault Gina, that you are only doing your job and asking on behalf of the engineers or whoever, but I'm actually quite angry and disappointed in your post. It tells me that no one at Zos have actually logged in to one of the PS4 servers to check out the current state of the game. If they had they would have recognised how silly your post would have been.
  • aethernyx
    aethernyx
    Soul Shriven
    Hi,

I've been playing the game for about a week and have been experiencing extreme lag on the PS4. It's not my connection as I play Destiny normally and my boyfriend plays ESO beside me on the same connection with zero problems. The first 2 or so days I didn't have any problems, but for the last 5 or so it has become unbearable, allies teleporting, unable to attack or cast, unable to open boxes or talk to NPCs, loading screens that last 5mins (this last one is rarer though). I read up about it and found no solutions and only read here that on Wednesday a patch was coming to fix some problems - but today and last night it was exactly the same, plays like normal for a few mins then into 8mins of pure frustration at random. This is happening on the EU server in the Auridon area for me. I am enjoying the game when it plays normally and generally consider myself a patient person but I really can't stand this and if it persists I will quit soon as it isn't worth the frustration. Any suggestions as to something we can do ourselves to potentially fix the issues? I really hope this gets fixed soon, the game has a lot of potential.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted this on another thread, but thought it would not hurt to post it here as well.

I noticed different behavior last night 7/6. Xbox NA.
    Prior to the patch I would be dashboarded. After the patch I was in a lot of impromptu load screens but it never crashed.

I was running the dailes which were Crypt of hearts and tempest.
    1930 EST Crypt of hearts had 4 different impromptu load screens. One was very long. Three were very short. There was also four instances with invisible mobs. Ilambris_Zaven &Ilambris-Athor were invisible for me until thy combined and the bosses health was at 50%, then I could see it.
    1830 EST Tempest island I never saw one load screen or invisible mobs

Grabbing and dropping of the quest is Grahtwood.
    Experienced several load screen getting the quests, but did not crash. One load screen turning them in but no crash. I traveled to the wayshrine north of Grahtwood both times and walked into the city. No mount.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Natetendo83
    Natetendo83
    ✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    I posted this on another thread, but thought it would not hurt to post it here as well.

I noticed different behavior last night 7/6. Xbox NA.
    Prior to the patch I would be dashboarded. After the patch I was in a lot of impromptu load screens but it never crashed.

I was running the dailes which were Crypt of hearts and tempest.
    1930 EST Crypt of hearts had 4 different impromptu load screens. One was very long. Three were very short. There was also four instances with invisible mobs. Ilambris_Zaven &Ilambris-Athor were invisible for me until thy combined and the bosses health was at 50%, then I could see it.
    1830 EST Tempest island I never saw one load screen or invisible mobs

Grabbing and dropping of the quest is Grahtwood.
    Experienced several load screen getting the quests, but did not crash. One load screen turning them in but no crash. I traveled to the wayshrine north of Grahtwood both times and walked into the city. No mount.

Might not do much good either. The devs are using this post for PS4 feedback and issues. If you are on Xbox you would want to check out the similar thread over in their Tech Support Forum.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another issue: Heavy Resto Attacks often do not work anymore.
    Then the staff just shudders like crazy, doing nothing.
    This is especially bad with the Mephala set, because you cannot trigger it.
  • PerArdua
    PerArdua
    ✭✭✭
    Just to add my 2p worth I m having exactly the same issues as stated above on the ps4 eu server . In high traffic zone like grarhtwood and wrothgar it is impossible to move for more than a few seconds without a loading screen or two . I have even had instances of very low frame rates and rubber banding in unpopulated areas . It's everywhere . In most dungeons I either have invisible mobs or trouble switching bars or using skills it surems worse on the daily pledge dungeons . So much so I have given up trying to do the daily quest for thieves guild and dark brotherhood as it's frustrating only realised you have been spotted when u see ur health disappearing.
    I also in a guild that all members are reporting the same issues . In fact
    It has become a mini guild joke to see if you can get from the way shrine at Ellen hollow to pick up the daily undaunted pledge without a load screen (no one has done it yet)
    Yes I have tried turning it off and on again
    Please get some some testers to log in and play your game on the ps4 after all we are customers not your employed testers
    Love the game been playing in 1 form or another since beta but each fix /patch seems to make it more buggy
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    (Cross-posted to the Xbox One Technical Support forum area)

With today's console incremental patch, we pushed some improvements for the game performance issues that many of our players have been experiencing on Xbox One & PS4. These were the first of more game performance improvements to come. While we have seen some improvements, some of our players are still experiencing some or all of the following issues:
    • Very long load times
    • Invisible monsters and/or NPCs, and things not fully loading into the world
    • Extremely low FPS
    • Frequent crashing to dashboard
    • Characters stuck due to a crash loop

For those of you who are still experiencing any of the above issues, we have a couple recommendations we'd like you to try that have worked for others.
    • Please completely turn off and reboot your console
    • Please ensure that while running ESO, no other apps are open on your console

If you are still experiencing the listed issues after trying the two recommendations above, please reply to this thread with specific details about your issue. Also, if you have a character that is currently stuck in a crash loop, please contact our Support team – they will move your character for you. And if things have improved for you since today's patch, we'd also like to know. Thank you!

Activity Finder has, once again, ceased working anytime after 5 pm EST. It worked the day of the patch and has degraded since. This, queuing as a tank or healer on three different characters.

Combined with the performance issues that have persisted (Crypt of Hearts veteran is an absolute trash heap of a mess), have made the game unplayable beyond solo questing in low population zones. Really, if you want to see every type of performance issue, queue for Vet CoH: vanishing mobs, loading screens, terrible FPS. That's your testing zone right there.

I hope these issues are rectified completely with the inevitable Scorpio/ Neo versions. As is, since you and the other fellah have been communicating, I've extended my sub for another month.
    Edited by Peekachu99 on July 7, 2016 9:29PM
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same old terrible eso ps4 gaming experience. I've worked hard, spent time and money getting my characters to end game level only to have so much lag and kicks, I can't reliably do any trials, vma or even hand in my writs.

Today my gaming experience was awful - Crypts of Hearts had same invisible npcs killing me, 4 loading screens doing writs in Craglorn and Wrothgar. I am luckier than some because at least I can hand them in. Then because of lag I had to give up on a decent dps test time. 3 kicks from trial today before having to leave group and game!

I don't have the fastest internet connection but it was all working well before the first DLC and I have friends with very fast connections having the same issues on Ps4. I'm not waiting for the next DLC to break my console game completely. Is PC much better? If I want to keep playing, maybe moving platforms is the answer. ZOS better move my accounts for free!

I just drop group anytime that comes up as my random now, or as the daily. It's just not worth the hassle (and I have like 5 helms from there already).