The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.5.1

• rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the confusion regarding the Monster Set bind-on-pickup note. There was a bit of a miscommunication. We've updated the note to say the following:

Thank you and Gina for getting on it! And this is good to hear. Shoulders are less of a pain to get, but it's great to hear that helms will be tradeable.

It's a bit of a niche case but as a further point of clarification: if my friends and I grouped up and did all the world bosses and delves in Wrothgar along with looting some chests (let's pretend we get it done within the time window), would any Briarheart/Trinimac/Pariah pieces we got from the coffers or chests be tradeable? I have a couple of friends who want to try Briarheart but they have such a pain getting it and if we could all throw ourselves at the RNG then we could probably git 'er done faster. (:
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i really dont understand...

Why they dont listen and read feedbacks that they want from us???

They need to somethings with Racial passives...
    We dont want useless traits drops...

And we want some combat balance between races come onnnnnnn i dont wanna be dissapoitment every time i read patch notes.....
    Edited by TheHsN on July 5, 2016 6:31PM
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheHsN wrote: »
    You said that Monster Set pieces are untradeable by design... but the picture shows a monster set item which says it can be traded. So, uh... can they be traded or not? D:

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom clarification please? That's a really confusing image.

We're working on getting this clarified now. Stand by!

clarifie it as tradeable...pls:)

Helms are Shoulders are not
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭
    Akimbro wrote: »
    code65536 wrote: »
    We've added Powered versions of The Master's Greatsword, Sword, Inferno Staff, and Restoration Staff to the pool of possible Master Weapons available in the Dragonstar Arena.
    Can we please get a smarter loot table?

Why would anyone in their right mind want a Powered Greatsword? Yes, the Powered trait would be quite nice for the Restoration Staff. So add it to that. Don't add it to the weapons for which the trait makes absolutely no sense.

For vigor! :D:D

Yup, that extra ~300hp heal I'll get from powered vigor in pvp per cast sure trumps 5120 penetration.
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Not all items that are bind-on-pickup can be traded. Monster Set pieces, for example, are not tradeable by design."

Hm, but you show a monster helm as example. And these kind of items should really be tradable, while most groups are formed for helm-farming.

And no switches in the bosmer and khajiit racial skills (you know, the pickpocketing bonus). Sad.

My stealing character is khajit, and they are also a thievish race. I don't see why they would change that
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing new about the racial passives huh? So i guess the changes will stick regardless of all the feedback? Interesting...

Patience, grasshopper. This won't be the only patch to the update.
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    I wish you wouldn't keep adding nonsensical traits to places they don't belong. Like Prosperous and Training on endgame gear, and powered on other things than resto staves. Sure there will always be one or two people who will use powered on a destro staff or a bow, or whatever, but for the majority of players it will be a useless trait. I feel like the endgame gear should have traits that people desire.
    Precise/Sharpened/Nirnhoned on offensive weapons, Defensive/Powered on defensive/healing weapons.
    Infused/Divines/Nirnhoned/Reinforced/Well-fitted/Impenetrable on gear pieces.
    The other traits are extremely useless for the most part as they either don't compare to the good traits or simply have no proper application at end level.
    Training is good for levelling, but that's about it.
    Prosperous is good for ???, I've yet to figure out if this actually is good for anyone but inefficient goldfarmers.
    Charged on weapons doesn't really seem to do much either.

EDIT: At the very least if you aren't going to make the traits sensible, give the players a way to change traits. Maybe a max level crafter has a cooldown ability to change one trait on an item per week or something like that.
    Clearly on the Training trait they are thinking ahead on their plan, which we don't have access to except for:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/05/10/dark-brotherhood-deep-dive-what-veteran-rank-removal-means-for-your-character
    And I quote:
    FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

We also wanted to take this opportunity to answer a few of the more common questions we've seen on the official ESO forums from players who have gotten a chance to try these changes on the PTS:
    Q: Can I get Champion Point 101 or Champion Point 400 gear?

A: The gear cap is currently CP 160, but it will be raised in the future. Gear will exist every 10 Champion Points so in the case of CP 101, the gear level will be rounded to the nearest ten; it will drop at either CP 100 or CP 110.
  • Stillian
    Stillian
    ✭✭✭
    We've added Powered versions of The Master's Greatsword, Sword, Inferno Staff, and Restoration Staff to the pool of possible Master Weapons available in the Dragonstar Arena.
    Maybe stop this already? and make trait pool separate for each weapon? some "weapons" you make are useless even in omst hipster builds ever. The bigger pool is, the lesser chance to get weapon you would use. Instead of adding variety to builds, you actually reduce it to crafted weapons, because trait matters too much, and you will not use master weapon with a crap trait.
    Elitist Scum Guild PC EU
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭
    AJTC5000 wrote: »
    Nothing on wearing hats causing Macs to crash? Will authenticate when the PTS goes live to see if it's still there.

Never mind, all seems to be sorted . . . for me at least. Hopefully everyone else should be fine too.
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000
      DC - Alena-Draco - Dunmer Magicka Templar

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vMoL HM (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
      • vHoF HM (Tick-Tock Tormentor/The Dynamo)
      • vAS HM (Saintly Saviour/Immortal Redeemer)
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)
      • vDSR (Reef Guardian HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP
      • vVA Flawless (Spirit Slayer)

Dungeons
      • vFL HM (Leave No Bone Unbroken)
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vMoS HM (Apex Predator)
      • vFV HM (Relentless Raider)
      • vDoM HM (Depths Defier)
      • vLoM HM (Nature's Wrath)
      • vMGF HM (Defanged the Devourer)
      • vIcereach HM (No Rest for the Wicked/Storm Foe)
      • vUG HM (In Defiance of Death/Bonecaller's Bane)
      • vSG HM
      • vCT HM (Bane of Thorns)
      • vBDV HM (Ardent Bibliophile)
      • vCauldron HM (Subterranean Smasher)
      • vRPB HM (Bastion Breaker/of the Silver Rose)
      • vDC HM (Battlespire's Best/The Dreaded)
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vERE HM (Invaders' Bane)
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
      • vSH HM (Magnastylus in the Making/Curator's Champion)
      • vBS HM (Temporal Tempest)
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really do not like the fact that this motif will only be available to players who played during the event. Unless you make this event happen once every year i find this to be a horrible gameplay decision.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Survey Report Runestones now produce a Potency Rune in lieu of one of their previous two Essence Runes. Additionally, these Runestones have been renamed to avoid confusion related to calling them "dual" when they produce four (or more) runes.

Thank you, thank you, Thank You!
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why it wouldn't recur if it's not-Halloween. There needs to be a first time for everything, after all.

Regarding feedback: don't they usually get to player concerns in the 2nd or 3rd small patch? I'm under the impression that the first week is "features that didn't quite make it to RC before the date" and the second week onward is "okay here's us tweaking some values".
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We're planning on discussing the Racial Passives during ESO Live this Friday, so we'll address some of the concerns and questions.
    Gina coming in with the big news! Thank you Gina <3

Nothing new about the racial passives huh? So i guess the changes will stick regardless of all the feedback? Interesting...
    Patience, grasshopper. This won't be the only patch to the update.
    You don't understand! I play console, so the news that breaks doesn't even hit us on console for weeks... its so stressful.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on July 5, 2016 6:48PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you guys suprised, they ignore all balance suggestions in every dlc/major update.
    Db was a whole month of a fight between testers and wrobel. You can guess who won.
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »
    Trade Bind-on-Pickup Items in Dungeons & Trials to Group Members
    Equipment looted while in a group can now be traded to active group members for two hours after being looted. 
    • Group members must have been present when the items dropped, and in the instance (if applicable), in order for trading to be an option.
    • Items that can be traded will have modified tooltips indicating how long they can be traded for, as well as to whom.
    • Not all items that are bind-on-pickup can be traded. Monster Set pieces, for example, are not tradeable by design.
    • This system is not exclusive to Dungeons and Trials—the system is universal, but most of our bind-on-pickup items that are tradeable do drop in Dungeons and Trials.

Cool, literally the only piece of gear that'd I'd be interested in trading. I'm going back to never owning a bloodspawn helmet, because since debut it remains the one helmet that I've never been able to loot, not even in a bad trait.

did you even read it? how did you managed to misquote it is beyond me?

Not all items that are bind-on-pickup can be traded. Monster Shoulders, since they drop from Undaunted chests for example, are not tradeable by design. (Monster Helms, since they drop from Veteran Dungeon final bosses, on the other hand, are.)

ps check the special pvp vendor on the weekends you can buy it for gold or ap when its cycles in... you now will have 2 additional ways aside from it dropping for you
    Edited by dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO on July 5, 2016 6:58PM
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really do not like the fact that this motif will only be available to players who played during the event. Unless you make this event happen once every year i find this to be a horrible gameplay decision.

I just assume that's exactly what the plan is.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
  • Romejin
    Romejin
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Any updates to the console text chat?
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Equipment looted while in a group can now be traded to active group members for two hours after being looted. 
    • Group members must have been present when the items dropped, and in the instance (if applicable), in order for trading to be an option.
    • Items that can be traded will have modified tooltips indicating how long they can be traded for, as well as to whom.
    • Not all items that are bind-on-pickup can be traded. Monster Set pieces, for example, are not tradeable by design.
    • This system is not exclusive to Dungeons and Trials—the system is universal, but most of our bind-on-pickup items that are tradeable do drop in Dungeons and Trials.

Cool, literally the only piece of gear that'd I'd be interested in trading. I'm going back to never owning a bloodspawn helmet, because since debut it remains the one helmet that I've never been able to loot, not even in a bad trait.

Not all items that are bind-on-pickup can be traded. Monster Shoulders, since they drop from Undaunted chests for example, are not tradeable by design. (Monster Helms, since they drop from Veteran Dungeon final bosses, on the other hand, are.)

ps check the special pvp vendor on the weekends you can buy it for gold or ap when its cycles in... you now will have 2 additional ways aside from it dropping for you

His post came before the clarification
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Romejin wrote: »
    Any updates to the console text chat?

What updates were you looking for, @Romejin?

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I mean did you even thoroughly read my post, I quoted the original message from Jessica which clearly shows what I was talking about. Don't just respond without completely reading and understanding what you're responding to.

And the vendor has only once sold a bloodspawn helm to my knowledge, and I missed it from being away that weekend.
    Edited by OdinForge on July 5, 2016 7:06PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My stealing character is khajit, and they are also a thievish race. I don't see why they would change that

My master thief is a bosmer, so that's why :D OK, do not give us pickpocketing bonus, but add us a maneater bonus :P
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno Can you ask someone about adding impen back to the PVE loot table?Many PVPers will like to use these new sets but if they don't come in impenetrable we really can't use them.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My master thief is a bosmer, so that's why :D OK, do not give us pickpocketing bonus, but add us a maneater bonus :P

Lorewise, Khajiit are the sneakiest race.
  • Romejin
    Romejin
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

A text box on the main screen. The current one on the server looks more of a hassle.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Jaronking wrote: »
    Can you ask someone about adding impen back to the PVE loot table?Many PVPers will like to use these new sets but if they don't come in impenetrable we really can't use them.

This has been long asked about (and long discussed internally), and we'd like to get the community's thoughts on it. There are some pros and cons, and ultimately it boils down to doing what's best for you, the players. We'll try to get a thread up about this later in the week, and get the discussion going.

Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Vythri
    Vythri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you ask someone about adding impen back to the PVE loot table?Many PVPers will like to use these new sets but if they don't come in impenetrable we really can't use them.

This has been long asked about (and long discussed internally), and we'd like to get the community's thoughts on it. There are some pros and cons, and ultimately it boils down to doing what's best for you, the players. We'll try to get a thread up about this later in the week, and get the discussion going.

What would be the cons?
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Vythri wrote: »
    What would be the cons?

Every added Trait adds to the RNG aspect of trying to get the specific item set piece(s) and Trait combination you want. We're sensitive to the fact that this can already be a frustrating experience due to the randomness of it. So, we'd like to hear from the community if adding another Trait to the pool, as it were, is considered worthwhile.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Gigasax
    Gigasax
    ✭✭✭✭

What would be the cons?

Every added Trait adds to the RNG aspect of trying to get the specific item set piece(s) and Trait combination you want. We're sensitive to the fact that this can already be a frustrating experience due to the randomness of it. So, we'd like to hear from the community if adding another Trait to the pool, as it were, is considered worthwhile.

You want our Feedback?

-Remove Training and Prosperous from the End-Game Loottable
    -Bring back Inpen

Edited by Gigasax on July 5, 2016 7:32PM
    - Noractis -
    - PC EU -
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Romejin wrote: »
    A text box on the main screen. The current one on the server looks more of a hassle.

Are you referring to what the gamepad mode text chat currently looks like on the PTS? If so, it's not a good representation of what it will look like when fully in the game on consoles. We'll see if we can get you a screenshot of what it actually looks like.

Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would be the cons?

If you remove two and add one, your odds are overall better, hint hint. ;)