The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Spot The Difference! Construction in Tamriel Thread!

• Shinni
    Shinni
    ✭✭✭
    I extracted the map textures on live and PTS and these are the maps with new/changed houses:

https://imgur.com/a/R2asS
    Options
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One in Malabal Tor, North West of Baandari Trading Post
    Shinni wrote: »
    I extracted the map textures on live and PTS and these are the maps with new/changed houses:

https://imgur.com/a/R2asS

Appears my post was redundant. It would appear there are still others where the map hasn't been changed, like in Wayrest, so the search is still on!
    Edited by Drazhar14 on June 27, 2016 11:30PM
    Options
  • MrWackeo
    MrWackeo
    ✭✭
    It was datamined awhile ago that each race would receive three house option types: Large, Medium and Small. If it still is this way then we should be looking for three differently sized houses in each of the 9 racial styles.
    Edited by MrWackeo on June 27, 2016 11:51PM
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just going to put this thought out there - no matter how wonderfully player housing is done, there are going to be large numbers of people disappointed if it is all city homes or large estates - I do hope they consider putting in some RP options such as a woodland hunting lodge, a beach fishing hut, a cave, a small farmhouse, an isolated cottage, a crypt, a ruined tower (to name but a few things off the top of my head that RPers will go nuts for).
    Edited by Epona222 on June 28, 2016 12:51AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • Vidahr
    Vidahr
    ✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    I'm just going to put this thought out there - no matter how wonderfully player housing is done, there are going to be large numbers of people disappointed if it is all city homes or large estates - I do hope they consider putting in some RP options such as a woodland hunting lodge, a beach fishing hut, a cave, a small farmhouse, an isolated cottage, a crypt, a ruined tower (to name but a few things off the top of my head that RPers will go nuts for).

I'm sure we'll get something like that for sure.

Edit: The one to the far right of Deshaan makes you take a rowboat to get to it. It's on an island.
    Edited by Vidahr on June 28, 2016 12:56AM
    Options
  • Vidahr
    Vidahr
    ✭✭✭
    Riften
    oeNnwo3.png
    GCGMy9z.png

Big thanks to @Shinni !
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well this answered a question. They're going for a "Boarding House" kind of set up, considering there can't be houses for every single player to have to themselves. Yeah I know kind of a stupid assumption but for a second I seriously thought the Player Housing would act similarly to Skyrim's Hearthfire where we purchased plots of land to get a little shack or mini-house.

Who's up for producing Big Brother: Tamriel?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vidahr wrote: »

I'm sure we'll get something like that for sure.

Edit: The one to the far right of Deshaan makes you take a rowboat to get to it. It's on an island.

I do hope they realise the potential in a range of smaller homes for RP purposes! I can't bring myself round to being incredibly excited about update 11 tbh but I am running around on the PTS to look for housing options (which I am excited enough about to be at risk of wetting myself when housing finally arrives :o )

Edit: Thanks, I haven't checked out Deshaan yet, will go have a look :) EDIT: Hold on, is that the one near Redoran Pier that has been there and inaccessible since launch?
    Edited by Epona222 on June 28, 2016 1:02AM

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • Vidahr
    Vidahr
    ✭✭✭

Edit: Thanks, I haven't checked out Deshaan yet, will go have a look :)

Here it is!

q2LcZxd.png
    4oPCFgi.png
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Here it is!

q2LcZxd.png
    4oPCFgi.png

Thanks, I've just been out to have a look. It is the one that has always been in the game (although I named the wrong POI, it's actually nearer Smuggler's Slip than Redoran Pier), but some of the landscape around it has been changed and the rowboat is new. :)

EDIT: You can get in if you go round the back of the house, it's actually named as Volunidai's Manor, and if you go in the house it is marked as a trespassing area.
    Edited by Epona222 on June 28, 2016 1:08AM

Options
  • Vidahr
    Vidahr
    ✭✭✭

Here it is!

q2LcZxd.png
    4oPCFgi.png

Thanks, I've just been out to have a look. It is the one that has always been in the game (although I named the wrong POI, it's actually nearer Smuggler's Slip than Redoran Pier), but some of the landscape around it has been changed and the rowboat is new. :)

EDIT: You can get in if you go round the back of the house, it's actually named as Volunidai's Manor, and if you go in the house it is marked as a trespassing area.

Yeah it's weird. It's different now, it looks like prime Player Housing spot for me.
    Options
  • Vidahr
    Vidahr
    ✭✭✭
    Malabal Tor, Baandari Trading Post:
    mCPmNv1.png
    Options
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here it is!

q2LcZxd.png
    4oPCFgi.png

Isn't that for a quest in the Thieves Guild line?
    Think it is. Like the -last- quest.
    Edited by ShedsHisTail on June 28, 2016 1:17AM
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Here it is!

q2LcZxd.png
    4oPCFgi.png

Ah perhaps, that would make the trespassing thing make sense - I haven't finished the TG quests yet! :o

Options
  • Vidahr
    Vidahr
    ✭✭✭

Here it is!

q2LcZxd.png
    4oPCFgi.png

You're right, but they've changed it.
    Options
  • Vidahr
    Vidahr
    ✭✭✭
    Shadowfen, Stormhold:
    yMNzzoU.png

Vegetius found a way in!! :D
    BlTKOtU.png
    IKPamS2.png
    c7fg7VR.png

All pictures from inside the little walled area.
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone found anything in Auridon yet? It is IMO one of the prettiest zones in the entire game and I would be sad if I couldn't set up home there.

Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone found anything in Auridon yet? It is IMO one of the prettiest zones in the entire game and I would be sad if I couldn't set up home there.

I would also love to know.

WTB Auridon home. Name your price! (preferably full estate please)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg wow a castle in Glenumbra! This is too much teasing, remember we have to wait until next year! :) *parks alts at Castle's entrance*
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
    Options
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadowfen, Stormhold:
    yMNzzoU.png

Vegetius found a way in!! :D
    BlTKOtU.png
    IKPamS2.png
    c7fg7VR.png

All pictures from inside the little walled area.

Awww my little template khajiit looks so handsome in that pic.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
    Options
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    ....so if I make a character on EU and log them out where it "appears" to be the inside of those gates....

Will I get to see the inside when they transfer? lol

@MissBizz Shock and surprise! MissBizz, a common exploiter?? I kid, this is an amazing idea :3
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would help in my search for new homes if I didn't keep rubber-banding every few minutes :/

Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    MissBizz wrote: »
    ....so if I make a character on EU and log them out where it "appears" to be the inside of those gates....

Will I get to see the inside when they transfer? lol

@MissBizz Shock and surprise! MissBizz, a common exploiter?? I kid, this is an amazing idea :3

@Recremen It's not exploiting. It's like... data mining.. which is perfectly okay ;)

(PS - multiple people should do it since it's possible we end up stuck in a wall or falling through the world upon login)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Vidahr
    Vidahr
    ✭✭✭
    Shadowfen, Hatching Pools:

@Ra'Shtar got in this time, and we followed!!

mk5fvgs.png
    fTS8HJA.png
    Vucuhpb.png

More images here: there's a lot for this one imgur.com/a/cSARy
    Options
  • Vidahr
    Vidahr
    ✭✭✭
    Deshaan, Narsis
    49Mpe60.png
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know some have already been identified in The Rift, does that include the one across the river N of Nimalten?

Options
  • Vidahr
    Vidahr
    ✭✭✭
    I know some have already been identified in The Rift, does that include the one across the river N of Nimalten?

Don't think I've been here. I'll check it out! Thanks!
    Options
  • Vidahr
    Vidahr
    ✭✭✭
    Bangkorai, Hallin's Stand
    TQ21Dz2.png

Sorry for the night pics. :/
    Edited by Vidahr on June 28, 2016 2:13AM
    Options
  • Vidahr
    Vidahr
    ✭✭✭
    The Rift, Nimalten
    ZtuBZlP.png
    8VSm8Utg.png
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone found any Bosmer-style tree-pods yet? As I couldn't find anything like that yet I wonder if they are still working on certain styles of home.

Options