The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Spot The Difference! Construction in Tamriel Thread!

Vidahr
Vidahr
✭✭✭
I'm trying to find the differences in areas on the PTS vs. Live.

I took screens of the maps, but there's no difference that I can tell.

RYXuQpT.jpg

I guess they haven't updated the map yet, I don't see a difference. Does anyone else have in-game screens of what construction is going on? Or where it is?
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just spent several minutes trying to find the differences. Damn you.
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• Vidahr
    Vidahr
    ✭✭✭
    Panth141 wrote: »
    I just spent several minutes trying to find the differences. Damn you.

I spent forever on it too! I don't see anything in-game yet. I'm really trying to find what construction they're talking about.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The impression I got, from reading the notes, is that the construction changes happened outside of the cities, and elswhere. I'll take a look when the patch manifest stops failing on my launcher. :\
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did mention that maps are the last thing they do, in case they need to make changes. The maps might not be updated in this drop.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the notes stated where the new buildings have begun being placed and maps updated Maybe they either won't have player housing at the capitals, or they haven't started construction on those particular maps yet. :p
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Vidahr
    Vidahr
    ✭✭✭
    Found the Mournhold "House"

OcUq130.png
    Right under my cursor.

DZ3Akbi.png

Edited by Vidahr on June 27, 2016 9:50PM
  • Vidahr
    Vidahr
    ✭✭✭
    Also this new guar mount is cool:
    XB5imHD.png
  • Vidahr
    Vidahr
    ✭✭✭
    YFy2ZwZ.png
    Can't get it. Boo.

I'm going to try.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....so if I make a character on EU and log them out where it "appears" to be the inside of those gates....

Will I get to see the inside when they transfer? lol
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They also said they were moving the NPCs out of the Buildings and Locking the Doors.

So, it may be that they are not adding all that many buildings to the map, but instead re-purposing existing buildings.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    They also said they were moving the NPCs out of the Buildings and Locking the Doors.

So, it may be that they are not adding all that many buildings to the map, but instead re-purposing existing buildings.

I recall that as well - so you better start knocking on some doors and see who doesn't answer!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vidahr wrote: »
    DZ3Akbi.png

Ooh, that looks like more than a house. That looks like an estate.

YEEEESSSSSSS. :)
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    ....so if I make a character on EU and log them out where it "appears" to be the inside of those gates....

Will I get to see the inside when they transfer? lol

Someone's thinking! :)

PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • The_Great_Maldini
    The_Great_Maldini
    ✭✭✭
    Vidahr wrote: »
    DZ3Akbi.png

Ooh, that looks like more than a house. That looks like an estate.

YEEEESSSSSSS. :)

Go big or go home.
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found one house outside of rawl'kha by the river and another east of Riften :D
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • Vidahr
    Vidahr
    ✭✭✭
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »
    I found one house outside of rawl'kha by the river and another east of Riften :D

Can we get pics? I can't find anything in wayrest. We have a hunting party on NA right now. PM me. @Vidahr
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anything in Craglorn? *hopes*
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Vidahr
    Vidahr
    ✭✭✭
    Found the one in Wayrest, on live it's an NPC's manor. It's locked on PTS.
    o443Bkn.png
    U5wJElf.png
    aVh2RmP.png
    oEeUl4f.png
    ebabXKB.png
    c0KPtmA.png
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man I hope there are some caves or isolated hermitage type places.
    Love to have a house, don't really want it in or near a city.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found one in Glenumbra, bottom of map next to dark anchor. Anyone want to buy a castle? :)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drazhar14 wrote: »
    I found one in Glenumbra, bottom of map next to dark anchor. Anyone want to buy a castle? :)

That would be one annoying alarm clock....

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it is going to be kind of weird to see other players going into my home, but I will get used to it, I guess.

Having a place that is out of the way would alleviate that.

• Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That would be one annoying alarm clock....

I think you'd get used to it - I used to live next to an ambulance station, it got to the point where a convoy of ambulances could have driven through my bedroom sirens blazing and I would have slept through it... :D
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it is going to be kind of weird to see other players going into my home, but I will get used to it, I guess.

Having a place that is out of the way would alleviate that.

Yeah, that's definitely part of the concern.
    The other is just the RP aspect.

I just don't really see my Argonian assassin yucking it up with the local gentry, ya know.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Vidahr
    Vidahr
    ✭✭✭

39wOnz0.png
    9SSm8rT.png

Holy crap that thing is MASSIVE!!
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found a total of 3 houses in Reapers March!
  • Vidahr
    Vidahr
    ✭✭✭
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »
    I found a total of 3 houses in Reapers March!

Where at? I'd like to log them. :D
  • Vidahr
    Vidahr
    ✭✭✭
    I found this one in Reaper's March:
    6aXGZ0L.png
    3fXAPKx.png
    WXLVjjM.png
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hXBx0w2.png
    d7G6hrK.png