The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Shameful Metoer cheats from a top EP guild NA Trueflame

• God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Zos will do what KIngdoms of Camelot did and come up with a way to bilk more money out of us. They will charge for a counter measure to the cheaters. And I think Zos realizes some people either need hand holding in this game or are terribly insecure and need that cheat engine to be *someone* and as long as they're a paying customer, they're gonna turn a blind eye-especially to the loose cheaters who are only using speed hack or slight health/mag/stam boosts. This attitude is evident in their utter silence on this issue two weeks later.
    Edited by God_flakes on June 10, 2016 8:39PM
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Day 10

PVP Ruined for another weekend
    Options
  • Rhandee235
    Rhandee235
    ✭✭✭
    No eta on gap closer fix . No eta on CE fix . No eta DK DL fix . No eta on Cyrodiil period . Fine !

Then I don't need it ! I don't need any of this stuff !

Except this /grabs Senche's leash . But that's all need .. I need this /grabs Vicious death set . The senche and the vicious death an that's all need . An that's all

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w2X3vVMdh-s

Don't forget the thermos.
    Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it seems like the shameful cheating is returning, wow how many customers are they going to lose before they nail this stuff down, as big a fan as I am I am thinking about taking a break until I hear they have thinned the cheating heard. Cheaters are the lowest of the low in my book :(
    Options
  • Winnamine
    Winnamine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting...not very surprising though. ZOS has a really awful approach to cheating in general.
    So many of the top players and guilds abused the heck out of broken mechanics, macros, cheese abilities, exploits, and even outright hacks.
    When I hear people talking about the glory days of whatever top guild, I just want to facepalm.
    It's all a lie
    Edited by Winnamine on June 13, 2016 2:11AM
    Winni
    ~
    VE
    Decibel
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Winnamine wrote: »
    Interesting...not very surprising though. ZOS has a really awful approach to cheating in general.
    So many of the top players and guilds abused the heck out of broken mechanics, macros, cheese abilities, exploits, and even outright hacks.
    When I hear people talking about the glory days of whatever top guild, I just want to facepalm.
    It's all a lie

Many of us always knew them to be lies told by liars.

Thing is... many of the people that benefited from these things had "rock star" status in game.

Scarier is that many of them still do... That's with everyone (for the most part) having access to the same gear and at this point the same CP. You have to wonder how someone outperforms what's possible considering those things.

Removal of softcaps gave them the room to expand... Gave them plausible deniability.

Where it all led is a host of max damage builds with hacked regen and surviveability. See them everyday, and every single one is a smack talker extraordinaire. They have become so brazen and so awed by their ill gained "fame" that they are blatant and getting more and more so.
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Winnamine wrote: »
    It's all a lie

Many of us always knew them to be lies told by liars.

Thing is... many of the people that benefited from these things had "rock star" status in game.

Scarier is that many of them still do... That's with everyone (for the most part) having access to the same gear and at this point the same CP. You have to wonder how someone outperforms what's possible considering those things.

Removal of softcaps gave them the room to expand... Gave them plausible deniability.

Where it all led is a host of max damage builds with hacked regen and surviveability. See them everyday, and every single one is a smack talker extraordinaire. They have become so brazen and so awed by their ill gained "fame" that they are blatant and getting more and more so.

I grade their smack talk an F.

Edit: Cheat engine aside, what's the deal with macros specifically? Months ago, a year ago, if I mentioned macros people would say it's not true because the way the game works and registers hits and animations or whatever. Now macros get a mention and there is zero pushback. So macros do in fact exist (outside of any cheat engine)?
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on June 13, 2016 6:15AM
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So macros do in fact exist (outside of any cheat engine)?

Yes, they do exist.
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: Cheat engine aside, what's the deal with macros specifically? Months ago, a year ago, if I mentioned macros people would say it's not true because the way the game works and registers hits and animations or whatever. Now macros get a mention and there is zero pushback. So macros do in fact exist (outside of any cheat engine)?
    There's no technical reason why macros would not work in ESO. Consider that keyboards and mice with hardware macro functions execute commands the same a player would. Any combination of key presses a player can do can be replicated with a macro.

Many of the same people who lol at the existence of macros are those who also laughed at the existence of memory hacking -- oddly, they now say they've known about memory hacking since launch.

ZOS has been ignoring cheating in ESO for years. It has festered. Its roots run deep. People tend to think of cheaters in games as being shadowy figures who lurk only in dark places. This is not true. Ask yourself why a player might cheat in the first place. It's for the adulation and fame.

With that said, this knowledge has to be taken with a grain of salt. The truly elite and honest players of every online game have to deal with constant accusations of cheating. The truth is that there is a HUGE gap between the best and the worst players.
    Edited by zyk on June 13, 2016 6:45AM
    Options
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ran into 3 different ppl tonight that were obviously cheating. 1 guy 2 hit me. Full heavy attack(16k) and a surprise attack(8.5k), in less than 1 second. He did this to 8 other ppl around me. There was another doing multiple attacks(like 5-7) in the matter of 2 seconds. That can only be achieved by using a 3rd part macro program like AutoHotKey. This really needs to stop. Came back to this game about 2 mos ago after about an entire year of not playing. Now my guild and myself as really thinking that this game is still not worth playing. This needs to be fixed NOW. Not later!
    Edited by Cydone on June 13, 2016 6:47AM
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cydone wrote: »
    Ran into 3 different ppl tonight that were obviously cheating. 1 guy 2 hit me. Full heavy attack(16k) and a surprise attack(8.5k), in less than 1 second. He did this to 8 other ppl around me. There was another doing multiple attacks(like 5-7) in the matter of 2 seconds. That can only be achieved by using a 3rd part macro program like AutoHotKey. This really needs to stop. Came back to this game about 2 mos ago after about an entire year of not playing. Now my guild and myself as really thinking that this game is still not worth playing. This needs to be fixed NOW. Not later!

Macros cannot defeat the global cooldown timer. Just as a Macro can execute any keyboard combo a player can, they cannot do anything a player cannot.

ESO is a very fast paced game. I would not trust myself to *know* how combat unfolded without a good combat log like the Recount addon. CLS is not sufficient because its time stamp does not support milliseconds.

IMO, most accusations of cheating have no merit. Run with Recount so you can prove it -- to yourself and others. Post screenshots here and ask if what happened was possible. There are many legitimate ways for several attacks from one player to hit within a second.

The problem with accusations without proof is they give ammunition for true cheaters to create plausible deniability with. Cheater_x can more easily convince the world that his accusers are the "tinfoil hat brigade" when you also accuse his innocent friends who might be very good players who understand the game very well.
    Edited by zyk on June 13, 2016 7:27AM
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

Macros cannot defeat the global cooldown timer. Just as a Macro can execute any keyboard combo a player can, they cannot do anything a player cannot.

ESO is a very fast paced game. I would not trust myself to how combat unfolded without a good combat log like the Recount addon. CLS is not sufficient because its time stamp does not support milliseconds.

IMO, most accusations of cheating have no merit. Run with Recount so you can prove it -- to yourself an others. Post screenshots here and ask if what happened was possible. There are many legitimate ways for several attacks from one player to hit within a second.

The problem with accusations without proof is they give ammunition for true cheaters to create plausible deniability with. Cheater_x can more easily convince the world that his accusers are the "tinfoil hat brigade" when you also accuse his innocent friends who might be very good players who understand the game very well.

CE with hot key macros can defeat the global timer . Been proven in video .
    Options
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭

ESO is a very fast paced game. I would not trust myself to how combat unfolded without a good combat log like the Recount addon. CLS is not sufficient because its time stamp does not support milliseconds.

IMO, most accusations of cheating have no merit. Run with Recount so you can prove it -- to yourself an others. Post screenshots here and ask if what happened was possible. There are many legitimate ways for several attacks from one player to hit within a second.

This^. I'm sorry. The guy that 2 hit me and about 8 others was taking no damage, blocking and dodge rolling while spamming surprise attack. And he was alone. I'm sorry, but you can't get off a FULLY charged heavy attack, that does 16k freakin damage and a surprise attack in less than 1 second. And it literally was less than one second and I was dead, along with the same happening to 5 of my group members and 2-3 others.
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand this. However, many players seem to be under the impression that macros alone can be used to expedite the execution of abilities, which is untrue.

If the GCD is being defeated, Recount can expose it. In my experience, I am wrong about suspicious activity 99% of the time I consult with Recount.
    This^. I'm sorry. The guy that 2 hit me and about 8 others was taking no damage, blocking and dodge rolling while spamming surprise attack. And he was alone. I'm sorry, but you can't get off a FULLY charged heavy attack, that does 16k freakin damage and a surprise attack in less than 1 second. And it literally was less than one second and I was dead, along with the same happening to 5 of my group members and 2-3 others.

Yes, you can. The heavy attack and Surprise attack can hit at essentially the same time, give or take 10-200ms, depending on how proficient one is.

Unfortunately, this story is meaningless without proof. Like I said, I don't trust my own memory after a fight, so I'm not going to trust yours. What you describe is conceivable, however it is extremely rare to see cheating that blatant. Most accusations of cheating regarding events I've witnessed are without merit. The vast majority.

Record video or at least take screenshots with a good combat log. You can't know unless you do. That is due diligence.
    Edited by zyk on June 13, 2016 7:45AM
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was blatant exploitation . Dude didn't even care . Worst kind of in your face CE use I've seen since 5/31 . An ai consider myself to be one of the big skeptics before reporting . The video will go to the proper people .
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand this. However, many players seem to be under the impression that macros alone can be used to expedite the execution of abilities, which is untrue.

If the GCD is being defeated, Recount can expose it. In my experience, I am wrong about suspicious activity 99% of the time I consult with Recount.

Ya , the CE can speed things up pretty damn fast in combat . The one button wonder instant kill is not a figment of anyone's imagination . The poor guy that showed everyone exactly how it's set just for demo got banned so I won't bother linking the vid or naming anyone .
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya , the CE can speed things up pretty damn fast in combat . The one button wonder instant kill is not a figment of anyone's imagination . The poor guy that showed everyone exactly how it's set just for demo got banned so I won't bother linking the vid or naming anyone .

You have a video of the event Cydone is describing? Please PM me a link, I'd love to see it.
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have a video of the event Cydone is describing? Please PM me a link, I'd love to see it.

Yes I do and no I won't be sharing it . It's for ZOS only .
    Options
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS locking all the threads discussing cheaters/cheating and telling us we can't discuss it anymore on their forums until when they say we can again. That's their official stance now folks.

Subs cancelled for what it's worth until they realise censoring their players by not allowing them to discuss bettering their game by getting rid of cheats is not a good policy in any way shape or form.

Probably going to lose more subs due to that than they ever did for any other reason. Don't put up with this people. Countdown starts to this thread getting shutdown!

Cheaters just won..again.
    Options
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ESO is a very fast paced game. I would not trust myself to *know* how combat unfolded without a good combat log like the Recount addon. CLS is not sufficient because its time stamp does not support milliseconds.

IMO, most accusations of cheating have no merit. Run with Recount so you can prove it -- to yourself and others. Post screenshots here and ask if what happened was possible. There are many legitimate ways for several attacks from one player to hit within a second.

Wow, you are so naive. The big problem with macros is not the attacks themselves, it's how people use them to keep up their buffs. Pop a couple of shields, do a dark conversion to get magicka back, drink a spell power potion, and be ready to kick ass all from the click of a single button. You don't think it exists? ROTFLMAO.

Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »

Wow, you are so naive. The big problem with macros is not the attacks themselves, it's how people use them to keep up their buffs. Pop a couple of shields, do a dark conversion to get magicka back, drink a spell power potion, and be ready to kick ass all from the click of a single button. You don't think it exists? ROTFLMAO.

I am probably naive in many ways, but not in the way you think. Of course some players macro. What I wrote was that macros alone cannot be used to bypass the global cooldown timer.

A player can use the macro you describe, but it's not going to be any more effective than a player who executes the same keystrokes/mouse presses manually.
    Options
  • holosoul
    holosoul
    ✭✭✭✭
    A pile of **** by any other name smells just as bad.
    I don't strawman the arguments of the ignorant, so what if a player has very little computer science history and calls things by the wrong name, as long as you know what they're trying to say? A lot of the time, people will say "macros" when they mean CPU speeders, bots, memory hacks, and so forth. If you understand them, then why do you argue about the wrong thing knowing full well what they're trying to say? That's intellectually dishonest.

I'm not saying don't even point out the discrepancy so they never gain awareness of the terms, but they're just that, "terms"
    Options
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    The thread below..closed!

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/268218/permabans-being-lifted-zos-how-are-we-as-a-community-dealing-with-exploits-hacking/p1

ESO5_zpsieaddhb0.jpg

If only you put half as much effort into policing the game than you do the forums!
    Options
  • holosoul
    holosoul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, really?
    So they close every thread about the topic, saying keep it in 1 thread
    then they lock that thread?
    While people are incredibly frustrated and trying their best to give ZOS a chance to fix a game-killing problem?

ZOS, that was a bad move.
    Options
  • holosoul
    holosoul
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not going away.
    No one is going to forget or cool down.
    Not even if you try to stuff everyone's mouth for a month. Personally at least, I will only grow more heated, and I was only disappointed before but now my anger is directed _AT YOU_ as a company instead of people cheating.
    Options
  • Mako1132
    Mako1132
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I do and no I won't be sharing it . It's for ZOS only .

The fact that you can use CE to speed up attacks doesn't mean the game doesn't allow for the example used to occur. It's perfectly normal to heavy attack > instant ability combo someone to death in under a second usually from stealth.
    Ashtaris wrote: »

I don't understand the problem here. You're mad someone automated casting buffs? Using a repeating macro to do such a thing in Cyro would be a death sentence anyway as it would cancel whatever abilities you were actually trying to use in favor of the macro'd ones.
    Options
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Huh, this thread wont be here for long. Here is a look at the last 24 hours.
    pC3SPBE.jpg

PS: The General Discussion threads were simply locked, but EVERY single one in the Alliance War has been deleted to date besides this one.
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disgusting. We need the gaming press to expose ZOS negligence. Perhaps bad PR will shame it into doing what's right for it's customers.
    Options
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Disgusting. We need the gaming press to expose ZOS negligence. Perhaps bad PR will shame it into doing what's right for it's customers.

Idk the whole first year was nothing but bad PR yet they still managed to make it worse...
    Options
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darya been busy yo.

200_s.gif
    Options
This discussion has been closed.