The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4 NA Population Summer Increase

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With DB a week away, there should be a fair number of players returning and even more joining for the 1st time!

That depends though. The Champion point system is going to keep out players who aren't at cap. This meta is highly competitive and those not at or near cap are going to feel very left behind quickly. Here is to hoping people at least try to fill up Azura's Star. If not, the lower level CP peoples are going to get together inside of Zergs just so they can feel like they can accomplish something.

To give you an example of what thats like, try reading this thread. This thread is a good example of how it feels to not be at cap and not understand how PvP works.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on June 6, 2016 9:25PM
  • Sk000tch
    Sk000tch
    ✭✭✭
    To give you an example of what thats like, try reading this thread. This thread is a good example of how it feels to not be at cap and not understand how PvP works.

I admit i lol'd a bit... also brought back good memories of running cyro dailies on my 1st

but that guy's experience has way more to do with not having a clue what you're doing than CP. CP matters, as does build, but skill, gained through experience, matters much more.
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    With DB a week away, there should be a fair number of players returning and even more joining for the 1st time!

That depends though. The Champion point system is going to keep out players who aren't at cap. This meta is highly competitive and those not at or near cap are going to feel very left behind quickly. Here is to hoping people at least try to fill up Azura's Star. If not, the lower level CP peoples are going to get together inside of Zergs just so they can feel like they can accomplish something.

That thread is a poor example, the player could be on a v16 with 501 cp, inadequate gear and no pvp experience and get rekt by a v16 with sub 300cp with decent experience. I would take a semi experienced player with 300cp over some PvE hero (not a hardcore Pver mind you) that's capped for literally every role in group, and its not even close. CP is merely a scapegoat in most situations for what is a gear or simply know-how issue. Once you've reached max rank with the current catch up system you will be on a decent level to compete well with about anyone you run into in cyrodiil.
    Edited by The-Baconator on June 7, 2016 5:07PM
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    God damn that thread is so relatable to my early days. Instead of quitting, I would simply travel from keep to keep in stealth and miss the action every time :'(

At least I would die less that way....
    Edited by DannyLV702 on June 7, 2016 2:57AM
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by The-Baconator on June 7, 2016 5:30AM
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My concern is still valid though the example is not the greatest B) we all had to go down that dusty road at some point.

I guess what I am getting at is, how long does it take a new blood to start feeling comfortable with PVP? It is a real shot in the dark question, but how much of it is actually skill? How much of it is actually CP? And gear? Though gear honestly is a moot point IMO. Since two dudes can have the same Gear and different CP and it could go relatively even.

I would also be curious to see how long it took people to reach 501. With/Without the exp buff.
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    It took me a month after launch to get to V1 and now CP 303. Average 2 hours per weeknight and 6 hours on weekends with 3 kids and other responsibilities.

In the PUG or Guild Chats, I hear so many who are still living at home without jobs, who play 8-12 hours per day. I'm sure they hit 501 in 3-6 months.

I remember learning what gank was because I didn't know about fast travel in Cyrodiil. Remember when the gates were always open before ZOS finally fixed them? Yeah, I got killed a lot just riding to the gate in Rislav or Juliek.
    Edited by PhxOldGamer68 on June 7, 2016 9:43PM
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • DynastyIXII
    DynastyIXII
    ✭✭✭
    @Takes-No-Prisoner Thankfully ZOS has fixed that problem, once DB hits the level cap will be 50 and if they go into BWB or AZ (No CP) In BwB/AZ they will find equal competition. They don't have to go into CP campaigns, and hopefully they can join a guild, use google or have friends that can let them know about this stuff before their experience in Cyrodiil is ruined.
    PS4 NA
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So based on what was said, on a fresh new account from LVL 1 to CP 501 takes around maybe 2-3 months to hit the cap give or take IRL stuff and Champion Point EXP Boosts. That seems about average from my past MMO experiences. That is good information to know, so in the event I help train new people for Cyrodiil, I can give them a real estimates as to how long that takes.

Obviously we didn't include things like beefing up Crafting traits on a new players toon. It took me well over a year and a half to get a 9-trait crafter set up. But I wasn't exactly always running out to go research Nirn for my stuff every chance I got. I had to wait til the money was there. Outside of Nirnhone research, with regular materials it took around 9 months to get 6-7 trait options unlocked.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on June 8, 2016 1:26PM
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So based on what was said, on a fresh new account from LVL 1 to CP 501 takes around maybe 2-3 months to hit the cap give or take IRL stuff and Champion Point EXP Boosts. That seems about average from my past MMO experiences. That is good information to know, so in the event I help train new people for Cyrodiil, I can give them a real estimates as to how long that takes.

Obviously we didn't include things like beefing up Crafting traits on a new players toon. It took me well over a year and a half to get a 9-trait crafter set up. But I wasn't exactly always running out to go research Nirn for my stuff every chance I got. I had to wait til the money was there. Outside of Nirnhone research, with regular materials it took around 9 months to get 6-7 trait options unlocked.

Honestly the biggest problem/complain I see from new players is getting one or two shotted, while wearing a full infused/divines set. I wish I had pamphlets to hand out to every new player in cyrodiil recommending a full impenetrable set. Maybe people wouldn't quit as fast and we wouldn't have dying populations :)

Unless they're in an opposing alliance, of course. In that case please do wear a full divines set ;)
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You forgot to throw Sorcs in there too @DannyLV702 they'll have to equip some Impen now once DB gets on PS4 1.0
  • N1ght_Raid96
    N1ght_Raid96
    ✭✭
    Impenetrable is not merely a trait, it is a way of life ;)
    The Potato Cult PS4 NA
    Mei-Terumi Imperial Nightblade
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what was the defensive ticks at Chalman on Scourge? 1.0 Shout outs to the blues at Nikel, those fights were fun. I am not surprised you came down to hang out with yellow seeing as how crowded Chalman was. Holy moly.