The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PS4 NA Population Summer Increase

PhxOldGamer68
PhxOldGamer68
✭✭✭✭
In the past month, I've noticed that only Scourge has a long wait to enter for all 3 factions. Many other campaigns are wide open. Any talk of closing anymore PS4 campaigns to bolster PVP competitiveness?
Edited by PhxOldGamer68 on June 6, 2016 4:43PM
PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
PC NA: KaktusKing
  • Elementz
    Elementz
    ✭✭
    EP has had 20 man queue, DC has had a 170 man, and AD hasn't had one at all.

Thornblade has picked up in competitiveness. DC/EP was pop locked with AD holding emperor with 2 bar.
    Edited by Elementz on May 7, 2016 7:51AM
  • AOECAPS
    AOECAPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    People stock piled into scourge when Haderus was pvdoor by AD late at night and then proceeded to camp the gates. Then some people went to chillrend. But Thornblade is looking full, Haderus looks like it's trying to come back to life and chillrend still has action
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AOECAPS Haderus seems like it may slowly be turning back into an AD "Buff" Server.

Today I saw three bars of AD and zero bars for both DC and EP. Farmed a ton of AD in the Sewers but the lack of DC and EP along with overcrowded AD is obviously bad for server making a comeback.

Those terrible zergers who PvDoored the server into ruin are still playing all day in Haderus daily to maintain it (and STILL nightcapping lol).
  • AOECAPS
    AOECAPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »
    @AOECAPS Haderus seems like it may slowly be turning back into an AD "Buff" Server.

Today I saw three bars of AD and zero bars for both DC and EP. Farmed a ton of AD in the Sewers but the lack of DC and EP along with overcrowded AD is obviously bad for server making a comeback.

Those terrible zergers who PvDoored the server into ruin are still playing all day in Haderus daily to maintain it (and STILL nightcapping lol).
    Of course they did.
    There are plenty of things wrong with this game but when people on console complain about night capping zerging etc etc just remember every group and people you know are ruining the campaigns. People are mad because DC is running a muck in Scourge remember there are EP players that rerolled to DC that from what I heard are mad about how a certain guild in EP acted and then u have people from SoC that were mad because of the EP Nightcapping of skull it's nice to see people trying to spread out and going to other campaigns it's also a shame when you have people that decide to stay on and night cap campaigns that start getting balanced because they either dislike the actual competition or want to show how mlg they are
  • AOECAPS
    AOECAPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly sick of Cyrodiil all I see are Zergs everywhere running after 1 or 2 ppl thankfully been able to find people to actually duel the last 2 days to have some fun up top
  • pinchedrug00
    I think thornblade is the best server for small scale atm. Most ppl in there are duelers and there is only one or two zergs on each faction.
    Edited by pinchedrug00 on May 8, 2016 2:34AM
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP has turned sour. We're in the last week of Scourge and I really do want to switch it up and go somewhere else. Thing is, I'm not too keen on campaigns that are scroll only, or resources only. I like everything to count.

I'd love to see a campaign where scrolls were worth ten points, keeps five points, resources one point, and the evaluation timer was set to five minutes.

Wishful thinking, but man, it would be a riot.
  • Sk000tch
    Sk000tch
    ✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »
    PVP has turned sour. We're in the last week of Scourge and I really do want to switch it up and go somewhere else. Thing is, I'm not too keen on campaigns that are scroll only, or resources only. I like everything to count.

I'd love to see a campaign where scrolls were worth ten points, keeps five points, resources one point, and the evaluation timer was set to five minutes.

Wishful thinking, but man, it would be a riot.

Agree on the scoring in principal, though I'd tweak the details. Back when people actually cared about who won, the hourly resource raids incentivized by the standard campaign scoring were annoying, and not fun for either side. Also, resources not giving points unless the associated keep was held would help. And having to hold at least two resources to travel through a keep would increase their importance.

Pvp has always been characterized by a handful of really good players/groups, backed by an army of randoms. Things like cutting off pug supply by flagging travel keeps to isolate an emp group, or drawing them into defending a non-ideal keep, are fun and one of the few moments where strategy really come into play.

The problem with the donut is it linear thinking and discourages 3-way conflict. The pugs go from keep to keep and tend to focus in one direction. They missed an opportunity with IC. IC control could have provided a massive tactical advantage through fast travel or respawn points. It could have been structured to encourage small scale raiding groups to control the pie slices, which would have been way cooler than hourly resource raids. DB is a step in the right direction, but it still lacks relevance in rvr.

Of course none of this matters because nobody cares. Emp matters, but only because small group farming with emp is one of the few really, really, fun things left in the game. Until rewards are good enough to make attacking/defending important enough to pull me off my bridge farm, none of this matters anyway.
  • AOECAPS
    AOECAPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think thornblade is the best server for small scale atm. Most ppl in there are duelers and there is only one or two zergs on each faction.

I got ran over by a 40+ EP group in Thornblade and it's not the best server when EP is pop locking it against 1 bar blue and 1 bar yellow
  • PurifedBladez
    PurifedBladez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are tired of the performance in cyrodiil.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elementz wrote: »

Thornblade has picked up in competitiveness. DC/EP was pop locked with AD holding emperor with 2 bar.

I'm switching to Thorn soon, I also noticed there was more activity as well.
    AOECAPS wrote: »
    I got ran over by a 40+ EP group in Thornblade and it's not the best server when EP is pop locking it against 1 bar blue and 1 bar yellow

EP has been doing the same thing to Chillrend the past few days as well. Though they have had 1-2 bars, never seen them get pop locked yet.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on May 9, 2016 1:16PM
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thornblade has had amazing small scale lately. I've noticed a ton of high ranking players who mostly play small scale/solo running around. AD has been good about not pushing into DC and EP's 2 home keeps which keeps their spirit alive. It's always unfortunate when night capping occurs on a constant basis as it usually destroys a campaign. I wish there was a way to prevent capturing the last two keeps of an alliance when their population is under one tick while the usually dominating faction has 3 bars. All alliances are to blame as it happens in every server. If only the scrubs who continually do it realized how much of an impact they have on server health. Maybe ZOS should put out some ESO PVP etiquette or something? Or maybe just get rid of a few empty campaigns and also lower the pop count in the rest?
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    Judging by this post and other similar posts on the forum: Haderus and the no-CP Azura would be the most logical campaigns to drop.

Thanks for the replies.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • AOECAPS
    AOECAPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elementz wrote: »

I'm switching to Thorn soon, I also noticed there was more activity as well.
    AOECAPS wrote: »

EP has been doing the same thing to Chillrend the past few days as well. Though they have had 1-2 bars, never seen them get pop locked yet.

Seems that all they do TBH I will come across a random red once in a great while otherwise it's servers thinking they are AWESOME because they just 60v2.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly Aoecaps, most of the talent in EP seems to be in Azura's Star. Ran into a couple of good EP players there. Mostly they ran small scale 2-3 people.

Also GGs to the blue at Nikel in Thronblade yesterday night. Those were some nice fights. Like, AD didn't hide in Nikel at all, it was all out warfare in the open fields outside of Nikel.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on May 12, 2016 2:38PM
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zos has ruined pvp. Not a single server is even close to being a close game. Bring back end of capmaign free switches.
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly Aoecaps, most of the talent in EP seems to be in Azura's Star. Ran into a couple of good EP players there. Mostly they ran small scale 2-3 people.

Also GGs to the blue at Nikel in Thronblade yesterday night. Those were some nice fights. Like, AD didn't hide in Nikel at all, it was all out warfare in the open fields outside of Nikel.

I was there! That battle was epic haha. No one felt like putting up siege from both sides and it turned into a blood bath haha.
  • brtomkin
    brtomkin
    ✭✭✭

Yeah! I saved a couple of video clips from some fights outside Nickel so I can show friends the potential of pvp in ESO. It was the closest I've seen to some of the videos you can dig up on the internet from a couple years ago - maybe not 100 people on screen, but I'm sure there were 40 or 50... with minimal lag.
    PS5 NA: Pickmans__Model, CP 2000+
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those fights at Arrius Mine last night were pretty awesome too. 1.0 GGs to the reds fun fun fights. Also really dirty fights since a group of blue showed up.
  • priforce
    priforce
    ✭✭✭
    We should have MORe servers, not fewer. THe only ones who want fewer servers are EP and AD because massively out populate DC.
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    priforce wrote: »
    We should have MORe servers, not fewer. THe only ones who want fewer servers are EP and AD because massively out populate DC.

All factions will benefit from loosing at least 1 vet server. As it stands currently scourge is the only semi competitive campaign with everything else being buff servers. One of the main reasons why Scourge is a bit imbalanced is AD lacks a decent guild\pug zerg to push the ash corridor at all but the height of prime time, which leaves over half of DC to push to chal and then farm at arrius\brk lm. If over half of yellow wouldn't be stacked in two buff campaigns zerging down all opposition, we wouldn't have this mess.
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's cause we're all hiding in small scale right now Bacon. 1.0
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All factions will benefit from loosing at least 1 vet server. As it stands currently scourge is the only semi competitive campaign with everything else being buff servers. One of the main reasons why Scourge is a bit imbalanced is AD lacks a decent guild\pug zerg to push the ash corridor at all but the height of prime time, which leaves over half of DC to push to chal and then farm at arrius\brk lm. If over half of yellow wouldn't be stacked in two buff campaigns zerging down all opposition, we wouldn't have this mess.

Lol. Someone doesn't notice DC night capping and then farming the AD and EP gates alllll nighttt longgggg. I got up at 5 a.m. today to get to work early and did some writs beforehand. Checked the map, and what do you know? DC was literally sitting at enemy gates waiting for people to jump down. I'm sure these "guilds" you speak of LOVE having to start from scratch on a daily basis only to jump down and see the majority of these l33t players waiting for spawn kills are garbage to say the least.

Red wings was at your home keeps last night & made about 350k in an hour and half. While farming zerglings is fun and all, a REAL healthy campaign is way more fun. We WOULD stay, but no one wants to deal with constant night caps and the laggy crowds that seem to flock to their lord and savior Baconator! We know it's not your fault, we see your small group, but unfortunately the environment created in the wake of your constant farms has turned the campaign sour. Scourge has turned into a joke of a campaign and is only used for an AP farm for us, and a way for the scrubs of DC to get campaign rewards w.o actually doing anything. "Competitiveness" in there is a joke and basically turns into who can handle the lag the best or who blue screens first.

It seems after the last campaign ended, AD and EP were smart enough to spread out, which would explain the awesome small scale in Thorn and Chillrend. And of course, DC presence is a whopping zerooooo in those (except for a select few DC who don't need a zerg to be competitive). But alas, the only 30 day campaign will slowly turn into another buff campaign and the cycle will continue.

The only solution for an ACTUAL competitive server, would be to get in touch with all the large guilds for each faction and pick a campaign and just not farm the gates 24/7. Until that happens, we're stuck in our current situation.
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »

Lol. Someone doesn't notice DC night capping and then farming the AD and EP gates alllll nighttt longgggg. I got up at 5 a.m. today to get to work early and did some writs beforehand. Checked the map, and what do you know? DC was literally sitting at enemy gates waiting for people to jump down. I'm sure these "guilds" you speak of LOVE having to start from scratch on a daily basis only to jump down and see the majority of these l33t players waiting for spawn kills are garbage to say the least.

Red wings was at your home keeps last night & made about 350k in an hour and half. While farming zerglings is fun and all, a REAL healthy campaign is way more fun. We WOULD stay, but no one wants to deal with constant night caps and the laggy crowds that seem to flock to their lord and savior Baconator! We know it's not your fault, we see your small group, but unfortunately the environment created in the wake of your constant farms has turned the campaign sour. Scourge has turned into a joke of a campaign and is only used for an AP farm for us, and a way for the scrubs of DC to get campaign rewards w.o actually doing anything. "Competitiveness" in there is a joke and basically turns into who can handle the lag the best or who blue screens first.

It seems after the last campaign ended, AD and EP were smart enough to spread out, which would explain the awesome small scale in Thorn and Chillrend. And of course, DC presence is a whopping zerooooo in those (except for a select few DC who don't need a zerg to be competitive). But alas, the only 30 day campaign will slowly turn into another buff campaign and the cycle will continue.

The only solution for an ACTUAL competitive server, would be to get in touch with all the large guilds for each faction and pick a campaign and just not farm the gates 24/7. Until that happens, we're stuck in our current situation.

Yes DC gated yellows\reds on one specific night, but that was literally after our group basically demoralized the entire red faction at arrius for over half an hour while our pugs flipped all of yellows scroll keeps. It was an unintentional and unfortunate side effect but hardly representative of "average" scourge. We had gone multiple days without the ring flipping at night (so I assume no gating) and the last time it occurred it was red. In a game with objectives open 24\7 there will always be imbalances, even the old Azuras regularly saw emps crowned at 3-4 am on weekends and around noon on weekdays. The difference is on scourge\Azuras the ring either doesn't completely flip or both factions aren't simultaneously gated very often, certainly not as often as thorn\had\chil\skull where you're guaranteed a one color map literally every morning. Perfect balance and competitiveness is nonexistent on every server, but it has the most hope on Scourge. If another opportunity for constant action in a balanced campaign arises I would be disappointing if the community doesn't take part, but until then I'm hoping everyone realizes scourge is just a step away from being just as balanced as Azuras ever was.

And on the spreading out, AD and EP spread out to their buff servers. Scourge was a EP buff campaign the cycle before last and all it needed was a greater AD presence to even out once the had refugees arrived. Sadly it seems most of the EP on scourge preferred PvDoor over PvP and elected to jump ship to thorn, which ironically enough remains EP's buff campaign. Of course its to "avoid the lag" but I find where they end up telling nonetheless.
    It's cause we're all hiding in small scale right now Bacon. 1.0

Its perfectly understandable to go to buff severs seeking smaller more balanced fights (it helps that you find the special snowflakes wearing shield breaker + phoenix there as well) but most "solo" players who say this run side-by-side with their pug zerg with +30 other "solo" players and elect to chase down singles mercilessly, which in my mind is hardly true "small scaling."
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So me being semi-afk in keeps and going to objectives to fight isn't small scale? Well that must indubitably make me a baddie by merely being next to a fellow yellow I'm not grouped with 1.0 Guess I should go get Shield Breaker and Phoenix set now so I can be judged to the fullest extent!

Trolling aside, don't do that. 1.0 You can't take everything you see as merit for every other person running solo. When AD on Thorn push on Farra and Kings. I peace out. I check out Haderus to see what I can do there since there isn't as much organization. We both know the little guys can't do much about others taking objectives. So don't throw us under the bus, this is open world MMO PVP. We will arguably be next to other fellows at one point or another. Whether or not it should or shouldn't be is a different topic.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on May 18, 2016 3:35AM
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    So me being semi-afk in keeps and going to objectives to fight isn't small scale? Well that must indubitably make me a baddie by merely being next to a fellow yellow I'm not grouped with 1.0 Guess I should go get Shield Breaker and Phoenix set now so I can be judged to the fullest extent!

Trolling aside, don't do that. 1.0 You can't take everything you see as merit for every other person running solo. When AD on Thorn push on Farra and Kings. I peace out. I check out Haderus to see what I can do there since there isn't as much organization. We both know the little guys can't do much about others taking objectives. So don't throw us under the bus.

Not trying to say your or all solo players fighting for objectives baddies, I'm just saying that most players when they say "small scale" neglect the fact that they're running beside +30 pugs or a guild group. It happens and its understandable, sometimes its fun just to zergsurf for a bit with a smallman\solo. What I don't get is the assertion that somehow by doing so you are different than that pug zerg which you just ran away from, which is most likely a single 16-24 man with a bunch of singles\small groups tagging along. What most mean when they say this is "I want to find some place where I can do this and still win," which means playing on a buff server where you severely outnumber your opponent, which is what I don't understand.
    Edited by The-Baconator on May 18, 2016 3:43AM
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • Sk000tch
    Sk000tch
    ✭✭✭
    @Moglijuana at least be consistent, you said yourself zerg ain't our fault. Have you ever once seen our group gate camp? We don't have anything to do with them, nor they us.

The blue pugs run deep, but they aren't the only zerg. And regardless, its a tired excuse anyway. Even in current meta a good group of 8 can still wipe a faction, our last emp push was 12 vs both, and stupid fun.

If you want to blame someone, blame your own faction. The only thing stopping Scourge from being the new Azura is AD. Scourge is titled blue but it is more competitive than chill/thorn, and if yellow had the strength to consistently push the left side it would be a completely different campaign. Yellow could turtle at ash, we could farm sej, red could be AP, and with all the pent up hate the blue zerg would get wrecked, the 70 zerglings ahead of me in the queue right now would go to skull
  • DynastyIXII
    DynastyIXII
    ✭✭✭
    Sk000tch wrote: »
    @Moglijuana at least be consistent, you said yourself zerg ain't our fault. Have you ever once seen our group gate camp? We don't have anything to do with them, nor they us.

The blue pugs run deep, but they aren't the only zerg. And regardless, its a tired excuse anyway. Even in current meta a good group of 8 can still wipe a faction, our last emp push was 12 vs both, and stupid fun.

If you want to blame someone, blame your own faction. The only thing stopping Scourge from being the new Azura is AD. Scourge is titled blue but it is more competitive than chill/thorn, and if yellow had the strength to consistently push the left side it would be a completely different campaign. Yellow could turtle at ash, we could farm sej, red could be AP, and with all the pent up hate the blue zerg would get wrecked, the 70 zerglings ahead of me in the queue right now would go to skull

Someday AD will rise again and own Scourge, just don't know when :wink:
    PS4 NA
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sk000tch wrote: »

Unfortunately, it's not the zergs that are the problem. I have no issue with them. Wiping them is good AP. The problem is, the servers that are held up with duct tape and bubble gum that try and accommodate said zergs. The MAIN reason red wings won't switch fully (we have a few members in Scourge) is simply due to the fact that no one wants to come home from work and play a game that is literally no fun. Blue screens, slide shows, 3 second bar swaps, never ending loading screens, these are all things that occur when too many people bunch up (whether following your group or attacking your group) at an already crowded location (which your group seems to love standing ground by) seriously doesn't help. If we choose to run a full group, we actively avoid the busiest part of the map to somewhat remedy the lag that is felt at the starting gates.

I would try and blame my internet, but It's already pretty fast (it better be because it costs a butt load because Comcast are ***'s) but the actual Cyrodiil servers will never be able to keep up with what's going on. All I'm saying is, there is a reason AD and EP are non existent in Scourge atm. All the strong guilds for each faction have to accommodate their members requests for wanting to play unhindered by the result of way too many people in one area. You guys may not know it, but the entirety of DC has rallied behind your group to win a campaign. That alone has thinned out the entire DC population across the board. Every. Single. Campaign. is barren with blue. I have a DC and I tried queing in to Scourge a few times and it was always a 100+ que. AD's que? 5 at most... does that not tell you something? You keep asking for more enemy numbers, but they won't come. We do occasionally, but like I said, it's only to farm AP. You won't see us fighting for a main keep, let alone trying to break up your proxy group holed up in a bridge somewhere. No one cares about a campaign that continually kills itself let alone the score that is the result of said campaign.

We have posted guild notices telling our members to small man until we find a new campaign that is balanced on all sides and is playable during prime time. That's all we are looking for. I could care less about who wins, loses, what color you are, what your rank is, who you run with etc. If the lag is tolerable, then we'll fight. If we blue screen as soon as we get close to you. Bye.

We love fighting your group no doubt. But not in the current situation. Sad day. Until then, I'll be in Chillrend which somehow got over run by yellow last night while I was farming stones...may have to switch...againnnnn. -_-
    Edited by Moglijuana on May 18, 2016 1:48PM
  • AOECAPS
    AOECAPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every campaign has a population imbalance DC was pretty spread out until the Nightcapping of Haderus pushed ppl back to scourge Nightcapping is the problem on low pop campaigns saw the same thing in Thornblade a couple of weeks ago so I left. I find it funny now that you guys are crying about population of DC when 2 campaigns ago EP was gate camping and Nightcapping Scourge when Azura became non CP.everything you're complaining about happens in every campaign except it's not DC doing it.so instead of complaining thank every person across the game yhat pushed to the gates every night and camp gates. It should be an unwritten rule if a faction has no scrolls you leave their 3 home keeps untouched it helps with not completely demoralizing people and in the long term will keep campaigns populated
    Edited by AOECAPS on May 18, 2016 1:57PM