The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

CP conversion. Unfair and dissapointing.

jgrinsteadb14_ESO
I am not sure how ZOS is justifying VR's being worth 10 CP, but only crediting characters with 2.5 CP if they are already VR 16. It is a slap in the face and a naked attempt to force grinding play. I was looking forward to the 10CP they originally suggested. Between Sorc Nerfs and this outrage, I see little point in continuing to play.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear that, can I have your stuff?
  • AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭
    I am not sure how ZOS is justifying VR's being worth 10 CP, but only crediting characters with 2.5 CP if they are already VR 16. It is a slap in the face and a naked attempt to force grinding play. I was looking forward to the 10CP they originally suggested. Between Sorc Nerfs and this outrage, I see little point in continuing to play.

On live each VR is technically worth the Same exp as 2 CP before the catch-up mechanic. If your already at 160 CP and v16 your getting 40 free CP, so no need to cry over free stuff?
  • jgrinsteadb14_ESO
    I guess I have higher expectations for the return on my time. No you cant have my stuff, but this game is doomed based on PTS changes. I lost count how many games have killed their customer base with similar stunts.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another one of these threads (sigh) ...
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lost count of all the times this game has been doomed....
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

to be honest tho they really are stabbing the game hard with these powercreep boosters, the games going to be insta gib or be insta gibbed soon, i feel it, we seriously need soft caps back.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Astelo
    Astelo
    ✭✭✭

Mabye you missunderstood something for example:

When your highest char is on Vet2 with about 70 CP you wont be at Champions rank 5 after dlc
    you will get 2 * 2,5 CP for free and will be at Championrank 75 when dlc is starting (means V2 -> V7,5 for free)
  • Sk000tch
    Sk000tch
    ✭✭✭

There are many legitimate things to complain about in this patch, your complaint, however, is not one of them.

You will have more CP after the patch than you did before. CP you did not earn... e.g., free CP. You are complaining because you are not getting enough free CP? If it is a slap in the face, its a slap to the players that actually did grind out and earn their CP. You, however, will need to grind less now.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zero progression since IC thanks to cap and "new sets.."
    gonna recraft stuff that was available since launch just for armor weight/trait reasons
    only thing i'll incorporate are msa weapons and only because of the way they interact with poisons

yay...

so cry me a river about how you get less bonus Cp for earned XP that has given you CP already, anyway
    Edited by Kas on May 28, 2016 9:53PM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You misunderstand. The 2.5 is a bonus. You already have all the CP you earned in the process of reaching VR16 on various characters. This is a free bonus on top of all that.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    You misunderstand. The 2.5 is a bonus. You already have all the CP you earned in the process of reaching VR16 on various characters. This is a free bonus on top of all that.

This.

Your CP in DB = Your CP now + 40
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because giving free CP is unfair. You heard it here first (second? Third? Ah, lost count).

• phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From reading his post, he is misunderstanding how it works.

Lets start with the beginning, if say your highest character is VR12 and you have no champion points earned (if the last time you played was before they were implemented), then you'll instantly be converted from VR12 to 120 CP. Which ever character is your highest VR, again using the VR12, you'll gain an additional 2.5 CP for each Vet rank in this case you'll get an extra 30 CP which bumps you up to 150 CP total. You'll also receive any Stats and Skill points for the VR ranks you didn't get, which is an extra 4 of each.

Congrats, your VR12 Character who started with no CP is now a 150 CP and can wear 150 CP weapons and armor, or the equivalent of VR15 and has maximum Enlightenment to gain even more CP faster.
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay extra CPs!

Let me add it to my collection of CPs I cannot use!
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

to be honest tho they really are stabbing the game hard with these powercreep boosters, the games going to be insta gib or be insta gibbed soon, i feel it, we seriously need soft caps back.

i think i saw recently some dueling tourney happened (eu?) where one of the fights in the semis had to be stopped twice and certain skills forced removal bc it was a never ending draw due to defensive spamming.

Seen other references in the last 2 months alone to long stalled duels where after long enough they agreed to walk away..

Doesn't sound to me like we are near insta-kill between READY and capable opponents.

Looking forward to the offense upgrades in Db.

To quote John Snowrem "Tuesday is coming and i feel fine!"
    (I think that was the quote. Could have it off a tad. But i am pretty sure thats it. yeah. pretty sure. yup.)
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With the catch-up system in place, you will reach 160 CP incredibly quickly, but simply playing a bit every day. Plus they have said that you will be able to wear the gear you are wearing, so if you have a vr16 toon with vr16 gear, even without 160 cp you will still be able to use the gear.

Also, the sorc nerf isn't that bad. They changed surge and reduced the duration on all shields, that's about it. Hardly something to quit the game over.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Sk000tch
    Sk000tch
    ✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »

With the catch-up system in place, you will reach 160 CP incredibly quickly, but simply playing a bit every day. Plus they have said that you will be able to wear the gear you are wearing, so if you have a vr16 toon with vr16 gear, even without 160 cp you will still be able to use the gear.

Also, the sorc nerf isn't that bad. They changed surge and reduced the duration on all shields, that's about it. Hardly something to quit the game over.

The CP complaint is ridiculous but if you don't think Sorcs got hit hard, then you don't understand the class. If a simultaneous massive nerf to a class' burst damage, primary damage mitigation, and best self heal don't constitute a big nerf then I don't know what does.

Agree its not something to quit over (who still has just one toon anyway), but the sorc nerf is huge.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The shield change affects nothing about magicka sorc, neither does the crit surge change.
    Crit surge does affects stam sorcs but thats it.

Overall Sorcs actually got huge buffs in this patch... which will be apparent when DB gets pushed to live if nothing is changed between now and then.
    Sk000tch wrote: »
    If a simultaneous massive nerf to a class' burst damage, primary damage mitigation, and best self heal don't constitute a big nerf then I don't know what does. .

The changes do not affect these things. There is no change to their primary damage mitigation, infact sorcs got access to a second total shield (annulment) meaning they now can have 18k+ of complete shield whenever they want it.

Magicka Sorcs do not use crit surge to heal themselves. They use healing ward.

You should be more pissed about tangled webs being changed if anything.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    dsalter wrote: »

i think i saw recently some dueling tourney happened (eu?) where one of the fights in the semis had to be stopped twice and certain skills forced removal bc it was a never ending draw due to defensive spamming.

Seen other references in the last 2 months alone to long stalled duels where after long enough they agreed to walk away..

Doesn't sound to me like we are near insta-kill between READY and capable opponents.

Looking forward to the offense upgrades in Db.

To quote John Snowrem "Tuesday is coming and i feel fine!"
    (I think that was the quote. Could have it off a tad. But i am pretty sure thats it. yeah. pretty sure. yup.)

thats because they had both set out to wear down the enemy using sustain rather that damage. and since both are designed to counter the power creeps with no sustain, neither of them could kill the other. and i can bet they hit like wet noodles because of these builds, still influenced by the powercreep tho rather than damage it's resources.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

• dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The shield change affects nothing about magicka sorc, neither does the crit surge change.

Overall Sorcs actually got huge buffs in this patch... which will be apparent when DB gets pushed to live if nothing is changed between now and then.
    If a simultaneous massive nerf to a class' burst damage, primary damage mitigation, and best self heal don't constitute a big nerf then I don't know what does. .

The changes do not affect these things. There is no change to their primary damage mitigation, infact sorcs got access to a second total shield (annulment) meaning they now can have 18k+ of complete shield whenever they want it.

most sorcs, stam included use surge on their back bar/overload bar. i know i do.

• SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In PVP maybe however in pve ie vet maelstrom surge is our primary heal and this nerf has pretty much forced us into running a resto staff back bar cutting our offensive capability by quite a substantial amount. While not the end of the world and good sorcs will adapt it was still a pretty terrible change tbh.
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • camilla_noctis
    camilla_noctis
    ✭✭✭

I for one leveled to v10 before cp existed, and so I ended up way behind in cp than others who had leveled their character while gaining cp simultaneously. I don't know if there was a conversion when it was first introduced, but it doesn't seem to add up, since people are claiming to have cp amounts much higher than mine upon reaching max rank. I had ~150 upon hitting v16, and I've heard of others having 200-300+. Basically, the gap seems to be the exp from those quests I did pre-champion.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You are confused. You ALREADY HAVE CP. You already gained CP for levels v1-16!!! They are just adding some more to ensure that everyone will be able to use the gear for their old vet rank. So if you are v16, you will have over 160 CP on DB launch based on your current CP + the bonus CP.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's 40 extra CP for free, that's alot if you're past the 501CP cap. Roughly 40x700K XP.

I welcome this with open arms and I thank ZOS for this.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • klink012
    klink012
    ✭✭✭

So what about the Magicka Sorcs who do NOT use resto staff? How do they heal? Crit surge... which you cannot crit on dmg shields (more dmg shields incoming).
  • alex394053
    Yay extra CPs!

Let me add it to my collection of CPs I cannot use!

Get a life! ^^
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm satisfied, it'll put me pretty close to 500.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Drazkyth
    Drazkyth
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU
    British Is Best

Deekus Xerrean
    Ebonheart Pact Grand Overlord

Why so salty?
    QQ Some more
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    INB4 lock.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed. It was very nice of ZOS to give us extra CP for no good reason, considering we already have all the CP we've earned. Anything from this conversion is extra CP rewarded for something you've already earned CP from, so absolutely nothing to complain about.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp