The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

At 5000 Crowns Each, Will You Buy the New Assistants?

• svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    Absolutely not.

Disclaimer: I've purchased every single mount and costume thusfar.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll buy both
    I've already brought both, sorry sometimes these Yolo moments happens in the name of convenience. Next ZOS should give us a option to buy ingame gold with crowns, if they do that I'll make it rain on ZOS'es head every month. Hahahaha
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    I never find myself so bogged down in PvE that I need a banker or a merchant. If I start finding trash drops and run low on space, I start throwing stuff away. And worst case, I'll spend 146 gold to wayshrine to a town. If I'm deep in a dungeon and start getting loaded with gear, we're talking making MAYBE 2000g to 3000g, unless I'm somewhere with rare drops that are worth something. But gold is meaningless in a game with BoP and BoE. Now that VR16 materials are plentiful, the only thing gold is really needed for is jewelry if I don't want to try for it myself.

Even if I could repair at the merchant or the banker let me put things up in the guild store, the price point would be around 500 to 1000 crowns. And the only place it's actually convenient is Cyrodiil or IC where you can't just wayshrine away. I'm sure people will buy it, but it offers no aid at all to anyone who doesn't have 146g on them.
  • ScarEra
    ScarEra
    I won't buy either
    I bought it guys and I regret it, I thought it will repair the damaged armor like other merchant (we used to) but it doesn't.. A total waste.
    Edited by ScarEra on April 5, 2016 6:13PM
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Personally I simply can't justify the price.

Your questionnaire didn't really give me enough options to answer the way I want to, @UrQuan . I'll say this, I do think the price seems rather high for an overglorified pet that has less functionality than standard merchant/banker. Given that these are pets as well makes it much less likely that I'm interested in buying them now. I'd rather wait until there were a wide array of models to choose from, rather than plunk down $50-$100 dollars on two character models which may seem ***-hum in a couple of weeks. Just like with horses and pets, unless something really stands out for me why should I pay for it - particularly at a 50-100 dollar price point? I've made this statement before in other areas of the boards and tried to forward the thought to @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom . The price point isn't TOO bad if we know for certain they will have more reasonably priced 'skin upgrades' to overlay on the system. If however I see another minion for sale in a month that I would have preferred to follow me around on my adventures, I'll be pretty annoyed. It is for this reason and this reason alone that I hold onto my dollars/crowns. I would like to be able to clean up inventory on the fly while grinding, so this is a nice convenience, but the esthetic side of the convenience is what gives me pause.

If I were them I'd price it all based on horse pricing. Horses provide functionality as well as esthetic benefits - and that's how I see these hirelings. A daedric/elemental butler for instance could have magical shiny horse pricing (Takubar Ice horse or the Fire horse). A goblin/falmer/maormer/etc wierd butler could be the middle-high price range (like for camels, tadpoles aka guar, bears etc). Normal price butler/merchant could be priced roughly like standard horse. That's how I think they should have done it.
    Edited by dodgehopper_ESO on April 5, 2016 6:27PM
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • scibur314r8t
    I'll buy both
    @UrQuan i will buy both ^_^
  • Acid_Glow
    Acid_Glow
    ✭✭✭
    I'll buy both
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Simple question arising from this discussion thread:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/256368/5000-crowns-for-the-upcoming-assistants-worth-it#latest
    At the price of 5000 Crowns each that's been announced here:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/03/28/meet-your-new-assistants
    will you buy the new assistants?

I bought both of course money is not the issue i use the the banker often but merchant is a let down without the ability to repair equipment.
    Edited by Acid_Glow on April 6, 2016 11:34AM

PS4 Username AcidGlow
    {}Guilds{}
    Marmalade Boys
    ============================================ Characters ======================================================
    Morel Mackernasy Mag DK DPS
    Fuji-tora Magicka Mag Sorc DPS
    Heals-with-Skooma Healer
    Sajin Komamura Stam Night Blade Khajiit DPS
    Fire-King ReinHeardt Orc Stam DK DPS

• ajwest927
    ajwest927
    ✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    I've already brought both, sorry sometimes these Yolo moments happens in the name of convenience. Next ZOS should give us a option to buy ingame gold with crowns, if they do that I'll make it rain on ZOS'es head every month. Hahahaha

So you gladly spend your real world money on fake money to purchase faker money ?

That's mind blowing.

Also that's basically pay to win if you think about it.
    Edited by ajwest927 on April 6, 2016 12:03PM
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    ajwest927 wrote: »

So you gladly spend your real world money on fake money to purchase faker money ?

That's mind blowing.

Also that's basically pay to win if you think about it.

No. Having gold doesn't give you skill. You could have billions of gold, but if you stand in red or PVE with a bow, money can't help you.
  • bountyspiter
    bountyspiter
    ✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    Stanko wrote: »
    I bought both with the free crowns that I got from being an ESO+ member. It's the first time that I've used my crowns. I think that they add some convenience, especially by not having to go to the bank. The banker saves me about a minute each time one of my toons does crafting writs.

so... in other words you gave 70e because you save 1 minute of real time in the middle of your crafting writs???? are you setting an alarm every time you go to the toilet while ingame too???

you must be 1 of these 3:
    1 - so rich that you dont know where else to throw your money
    2 - so bored that you gotta keep the hype up without even losing 1 minute
    3 - so *** because of reasons

if it was a poll, i would definately vote option 3 for you :)

enjoy your new assistants.
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would buy both if the merchant repaired, and if the banker had guild banks.
  • Garldeen
    Garldeen
    ✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    ScarEra wrote: »
    I bought it guys and I regret it, I thought it will repair the damaged armor like other merchant (we used to) but it doesn't.. A total waste.

Contact support about a refund. They have been refunding people who purchased under that impression. They should have listed the product properly. If people still want it when they know the limits that is fine but to buy thinking it is fully featured is a bit deceptive
  • ScarEra
    ScarEra
    I won't buy either
    wonkydog wrote: »

Contact support about a refund. They have been refunding people who purchased under that impression. They should have listed the product properly. If people still want it when they know the limits that is fine but to buy thinking it is fully featured is a bit deceptive

Raised 2 tickets, both were ignored.
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    wonkydog wrote: »

Raised 2 tickets, both were ignored.

With advance apologies to ScarEra, but I'm sure they'd want the situation to be up-to-date. His quote regarding this from the following day is as follows:

ScarEra

Update:Yay, they refund me back the 5000 crowns.

They told me it's a one time courtesy, fair enough.

Thank you all!
    Edited by ScarEra on April 9, 2016 8:49AM
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    The banker would be handy for my crafting. That said the price is to high. I find the free Fence I got very useful.
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • Kurimugann
    Kurimugann
    ✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    I'm always way to close to the actual npc vendors and bankers to see use in these assistants. I'd have more use in having a warrior or mage assistant for combat purposes. (disabled in Cyrodil and in dungeons and trials ofcourse, maybe in solo instances as well)
  • Taisynn
    Taisynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need the option "I already bought one."

Love my banker.
    PC - @Taisynn - NA - CP 268
    Shizuko url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CvZa0PPdzAfUv9h_rd8J2vwc1B4NnZGkPL_n4WfgYfs/edit?usp=sharing"]RP Profile[/url - Bosmer - LVL50 - Nightblade 50 Provisioning, 50 Woodworking, 50 Clothing, 50 Alchemy Ebonhart Pact
    Nev'e - Bosmer - LVL 18 - Templar 50 Enchanting Ebonhart Pact

Proud Member of the Guilds:
    Rusty Old Dragons (Trade) | Children of Skyrim (RP/EP) | Goldleaf Acquisitions (RP/EP)
    Spicy Economics (Trade) | The Jackals (RP/EP)
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll buy the banker
    I can understand why people have negative inclinations towards the banker, but you do not realize how easier your life is when you can quickslot you banker and have access to your bank wherever you want in a quick press. Its been a time saver when you are in a dungeon and do not have to port out.

As for the merchant.....its pretty useless

Suru
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stanko wrote: »
    I bought both with the free crowns that I got from being an ESO+ member. It's the first time that I've used my crowns. I think that they add some convenience, especially by not having to go to the bank. The banker saves me about a minute each time one of my toons does crafting writs.

so... in other words you gave 70e because you save 1 minute of real time in the middle of your crafting writs???? are you setting an alarm every time you go to the toilet while ingame too???

you must be 1 of these 3:
    1 - so rich that you dont know where else to throw your money
    2 - so bored that you gotta keep the hype up without even losing 1 minute
    3 - so *** because of reasons

if it was a poll, i would definately vote option 3 for you :)

enjoy your new assistants.

That's a bit harsh isn't it? I actually considered getting the banker/merchant for the simple reason that my time to play is scarce, and I have more money than time. The reality though is that I'm so tight my pennies scream every time they leave my wallet. I have a hard time parting with money if it feels like something is overpriced. This is one such occassion. The functionality is interesting on the long term time savings, but the problem for me that really hurts its value is that these things are tied to a specific look/esthetic. I'd rather have an unlocking functionality, and then be able to pick up new assistant styles for a more reasonable price in the future. I can't see myself buying multiple bankers for instance, just to have a different looking banker for different characters. This inherently makes the purchase less interesting to me, and I'm positive I'm not alone in this regard. There's no reason to disparage people here.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Papa_Hunt
    Papa_Hunt
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing this post pop up put me in a bad mood. I purchased the merchant before doing my research and feel ripped off. The main reason I bought it was thinking about how convenient it would be to sell and repair while in the IC sewers. But nope, can't do it. Ugh...
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    Oh I'll get it. Just not for 5k.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll buy the banker
    I bought the banker about a werk after it csme out. I boughtbit thr 5th time i said "that bsnker would be really handy right now."

Its been great. I am saving a lot of time eith new on-demand swapping. The khajit i am not actively playing is resting in rawlka so guild banking is faster than ever. Chars toss stuff into bank on the fly, load khajit when i want to trade, bam done. When crafter passers table stop and decon whatever in in bank, bam done.

Nobody really ever "goes" for anything except quests, farming, delves/dungeons etc etc etc.

Surveys, heh heh, wait til i got four or so of one, then one char goes to the remote spot and collect, bank, load, collect repeat etc. One trip 4 5 even 6 surveys from one spot.

Nice.

Very good purchase if your time is your most precious asset.

I suggested zos give everyone free banker for 1 month. Its a gsme changer.

Ymmv
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• lookstwice
    lookstwice
    ✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    Ended up buying the banker during the XP event, wanted to maximize my limited playtime.

So an awesome convenience!!!!
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    For 5000? Definitely not. I would consider it at roughly half that price. Bundled w/ Dark Brotherhood special edition, I'd probably do 5000.
  • cwy
    cwy
    ✭✭
    Bethesda is hoping those who've played hundreds and thousands of hours may start to feel tired of running to the banks and merchants all the time and be willing to spend $$$$ for this kind of convenience. If I get to that point, then I will say to myself that it's probably time to stop playing.
  • Atarax
    Atarax
    ✭✭✭
    I'll buy both
    I bought both, even though I think the price is crazy. I had the points laying around, so I convinced myself it's worth it. Still have a bit of buyer's remorse, but I can live with it. I'll just wait until the next point sale to stock up on points again.
    50 Bosmer Nightblade
    50 Breton Sorcerer
    50 Dunmer Dragonknight
    50 Imperial Templar
    50 Khajit Nightblade
    50 Imperial Dragonknight
    50 Altmer Sorcerer
    50 Argonian Templar

Discussions of Interest:
    Class Balance in 1.6
    Quest Choices
    Request to Reinstate Night's Silence and Dark Stalker stacking
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I won't buy either
    Not a chance.They are too limited in their abilities for that price.
  • BluSpixMacaw
    I won't buy either
    I won't buy either one of these merchants because I'd much rather spend $40.00 on DLC expansions rather than a couple NPC merchants. 5000 Crowns cost $40.00 so if both Merchants cost 5000Crowns a piece that's $80.00 spent DEFINITLY NOT WORTH IT!
  • DeaconFrost
    DeaconFrost
    ✭✭
    Personally, I think the price is a little steep but I'll save up for the banker - merchants that can't repair might as well be mannequins.

As for other things being thrown up on the CS, prices are getting steeper across the board - no mount should cost more than 500 crowns unless it has perks/special abilities. Companions should also be a flat cost of 300-400 crowns.

Just my two crowns.
  • Sega4life
    Sega4life
    ✭✭
    I'll buy both
    The new assistants are the same price as the old assistants. So if you bought the old assistants, it isn’t different from the new ones. Making the new assistants cheaper will not be fair to the people who already bought assistants prior to the new released versions.
This discussion has been closed.