The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

At 5000 Crowns Each, Will You Buy the New Assistants?

• Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    LOL. I'd pay 5000 Crowns for a patch that guaranteed all the bug fixes though...
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    5K may as well be 100k, I'd rather just spend the gold and port to a city. Orsinium & TG together was 5k, where the hell is the logic in this price?

Edited by Toxic_Hemlock on March 28, 2016 6:47PM
  • Garldeen
    Garldeen
    ✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    It's starting to turn into what we feared when it became buy to play. More about milking users than caring about the quality of the game.....lets see how much of the money from this is reinvested in improving the lag
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    Seraseth wrote: »
    I'll consider it, when they're on sale 50% off and there's a crown sale going at the same time.

pshhh more like 70% - 80% off
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on March 28, 2016 6:57PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • barrrt
    barrrt
    ✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    I (most likely) won't buy either. This was my third top feature of TG update (after 64-client and Magicka DK changes), so I really, really wanted them... but not at this price.
    EP: Veren Sailenar - 50 DK : Isabeau Sette Tyne - 50 Sorc : This-One-Lizard-Yes - 50 Templar : Lililia Adal - 50 NB : Solea Caro - 50 DK : Igor with Vigor - 50 Sorc : Slightly-Delays-Death - 50 Templar : Balki Barthel - 50 Warden : Willowshade Roxie - 50 Warden : Violetha Adal - 50 Templar : Andriel Greenarrow - 50 NB: Fleshy Leon - 50 Necro: Bonita Lacrimosa - 50 Nacro
    AD: Kael Spellbinder - 50 Templar
    DC: Sharrku gra-Dusku - 50 NB
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I won't buy either
    I was looking forward to these "helpers" but the price tag is beyond ridiculous!!

What an unbelievably silly move ZoS. :(
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    i'll just keep sending my stuff per mail and let it be returned. LIFEHACK
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    I can't see what purpose they serve.
    PC | EU
  • Garldeen
    Garldeen
    ✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    From watching the hype for TG I was under the impression they would be things which we would unlock during gameplay not an additional purchase.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    wonkydog wrote: »
    From watching the hype for TG I was under the impression they would be things which we would unlock during gameplay not an additional purchase.
    The smuggler assistant is unlocked through completing the TG quests. The banker and merchant assistants are Crown Store purchases.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    Who thinks zos might be kind of testing us.... seeing just how much we will be prepared to fork out for stuff we've been asking for.... like the barber shop etc.... ?
  • Garldeen
    Garldeen
    ✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    Yes, I just thought that all of them would be in the dlc story. Guess we know why it was so cheap now...
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    Who thinks zos might be kind of testing us.... seeing just how much we will be prepared to fork out for stuff we've been asking for.... like the barber shop etc.... ?

If the "barber shop" just turns out to be an assistant... Imma be mad.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    If you are a subscriber, you should get these both for free.

Given the limitations of no guild bank and no guild store access from banking assistant, I fail to see how this is worth 5K crowns.

Given the limitations of no repairs available from the merchant assistant, I fail to see how this is worth 5K crowns.

As a non-subscriber, I would pay 1.5K for each of these as they are now. Add the features listed above and make them available in Cyrodiil and IC and then you've got something worth 2.5K each.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll buy the banker
    After looking into them more I have changed my mind. I will not be buying them.
    Edited by FLuFFyxMuFFiN on March 28, 2016 7:36PM
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    @Gidorick... I mean testing us to see how much we are prepared to pay for the things we've been really vocal about wanting.... like the barber shop (I'm rubbish at explaining stuff)...
  • bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    Tbh I was all set and ready to buy em just like I have bought everything else in the store but 5000 each! I can't justify this one Zeni.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either

If its 5000 crowns for a character visual change, they can stay ugly
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    I'm with you @Nestor
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    @Gidorick Thinking about it an NPC with some sheers who when conversed with opens up a character change menu seems like an easy way to implement a 'barbershop/barber'... so maybe get ready to be mad? Then hopefully if it isn't that you can be joyfully surprised :)
  • Ni7eWa7ch
    Ni7eWa7ch
    ✭✭
    I won't buy either
    5000 crowns ??? ZOS seriously , this is way to expensive for what it is
    I mean one can buy 2 dlc's with that
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    Too limited in function. No repair and no guild bank access.

If they had full function they might be worth about 50%-75% of the asking price.
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    The assistants cost more than the game? That makes no sense at all.
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    Wow.

I've been looking forward to this...

Hell, just read EVERY OTHER COMMENT. It sums up my feelings nicely. 5000 crowns? Each? Did they NOT hear people complaining that $25 is too damn high for a mount? So their logic is to double the price for something you use way less.

Now we know why the thieves guild fence is nerfed all to hell, so they can attempt to sell these.

It's laughable and you're going to turn off even the most loyal customers with this garbage.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    Love the idea and convience of assistants, not a chance in hell I am buying either at 5000 crowns apiece.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll buy the banker
    Welp, the majority of folks won't be a fan of me here...

But I will did buy the banker.

The merchant? Useless to me.. so it doesn't bother me than it's 5k.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    Not worth it
    Zavus - Khajiit Nightblade EP | AR 50
    Zāv - Imperial Templar | AR 24
    Zavbags - Argonian Nightblade EP | AR 19
    Zabus - Redguard Nightblade DC | AR 13
    Negate Three - Breton Sorcerer EP | AR 19
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I won't buy either
    Has this thread been reopened by ZOS?
    Hmm...
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    The only people I anticipate using these things are xp grinders and crafting mat farmers - and even then, it's probably not even close to worth it. I usually buy/try out everything the store has to offer, but not this time. Their marketing team really blew it.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    @UrQuan they reopened your poll.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
This discussion has been closed.