The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

At 5000 Crowns Each, Will You Buy the New Assistants?

• Ichnaea
    Ichnaea
    ✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    Once again, ZOS shows us their true colors. I'm finding it harder and harder to log in after s**t like this. Keep throwing that money on the PR fire though!
    AD
    Mishi - V16 Wood Elf Nightblade
    Zach Vane - V16 Imperial Nightblade
    Clara Bonny - V16 Breton Templar
    Sherman Bradley - V16 Imperial Templar
    One Knight Standard - V16 Imperial Dragonknight
    Unemployed Merlin - V16 High Elf Sorcerer
    Ice Hinged Mice Elf - V16 Dunmer Dragonknight
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll buy both
    Gratz on getting it re-opened!

And to the mod's: I think you made the right decision!
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    Has this thread been reopened by ZOS?
    Hmm...
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    @UrQuan they reopened your poll.
    Yes they did - I've been in contact with them about why I felt it was a bad idea to have closed it in the first place, and they reviewed it and decided to reopen the thread and move it to the Crown Store forum (which is perfectly fine - it's specifically about Crown Store items so it makes sense to have it here).
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Thaumic
    Thaumic
    ✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    If you could create your own assistants (in a similar way to the FFIV retainers), and they had full functionality (repair / guild bank etc) then I probably would, but as they stand, no. In their current form it would be much better to have them as in game acquisitions, either from a quest or bought (or even hired temporarily) for gold. You could then maybe have 'upgraded' fully featured versions on the Crown Store.

As far as more in depth 'retainers' (or stewards) go, I'm really hoping that's something that's going to be included as part of the upcoming Player / Guild Housing. It would be a really nice addition.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff)
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may buy them in the future but presently no. Why they are so expensive is because both assistants can be accessed by any random player under the Magnus, not just the owner. You can give everyone in your group(s) easy access to merchant and bank services out in the field! But precisely because of that, not many people need to purchase said assistants for many people to benefit. Hence I may purchase them when the Crowns are flowing, but for now I am stingy.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Garish
    Garish
    ✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    I won't be buying either at that price. And I cannot believe they closed this thread before! Do they not want customer feedback?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    To be fair I probably wouldn't buy either of them anyway.

My other MMO, Guild Wars 2, offers similar items, except you have to pay per use for those (at a cost of £0.37 each) as the infinite versions are not directly available in the cash shop, and in 3.5 years I've never been tempted to buy those. I rarely even use the free ones I get, especially the merchant.

Of course this is a different game and inventory management is a bit different here (probably the most significant differences in this case are that in ESO you can't deconstruct weapons and armour for materials out in the field and can't instantly deposit crafting materials to the bank). But even so inventory management has never been enough of an issue that I've felt like I couldn't wait until I got to a town.

Sure it might be nice to be able to loot everything from a dungeon or cave and just dump it straight into the bank, but I've gotten through 3 TES games playing a female khajiit, I'm used to having to leave loot behind because I can't carry it all.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • NTclaymore
    NTclaymore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ill buy them both once they fixed. Guildbank and repair functions
    He spoke, the son of Padomay, and nodded his head with the dark brows
    and the imortally anointed hair of the great god
    swept from his divine head, and all Mundus was shaken.
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    As is, no I wouldn't. There are merchants all over the place. Banks in every city almost. The free one from the thieves guild is somewhat useful, especially with that price (free), makes leveling Legerdemain somewhat more convenient.

For what they do, they would be great as quest rewards, but no for $50.
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • hamburgerler76
    hamburgerler76
    ✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    i only got the banker cuss i had 11k saved up from eso plus i would never actually spend 5k crowns that i had to buy on one of these way to much
  • Woenprom
    Woenprom
    ✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    I could buy one of them, If not the latest events.

The TG DLC dropped Dx9 support, halved the FPS for some ppl, brought back crashes, broke some old animations.

Also the state of 64-bit client (pink/missing textures, missing faces/heads, sound problems, crashes) clearly shows the level of competence of the current coding team.

And, after few days, ZOS brings a couple of NPCs, each worth TWO DLC in crowns.

Get a whole picture guys, think how it looks from customer point of view.
    Edited by Woenprom on April 3, 2016 8:30AM
    " Multiplayer? M'aiq does not know this word. You wish others to help you in your quest? Coward! "
  • kwisatz
    kwisatz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    I like go to towns to sell and empty my bag. If everybody had assistants for selling and banking, housing with crafting stations... we'd have only ghosts towns.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    kwisatz wrote: »
    I like go to towns to sell and empty my bag. If everybody had assistants for selling and banking, housing with crafting stations... we'd have only ghosts towns.

I keep reading that, and maybe I'm alone here, but I don't think that's true. People will always show up to loiter around random places and cities; check out the werewolf and vampire shrines. Full of people standing around and chatting.

In fact, if all the antisocials stay home to do our crafts and selling, wouldn't that enhance the atmosphere for the rest of you? Seems more fun to talk and play around with people who actually want to socialize.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • ajwest927
    ajwest927
    ✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    I rather spend the crowds on dlc, and beside I'm not that lazy to go back to town to visit the bank.
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    I was actually looking forward to their release and saving up for them. Upon finding that the banker has no guild functionality and the merchant doesn't repair, I'm passing on both. The price tag on top of this limited functionality is a slap in the face in my opinion.

If they were 5000 crowns but had full functionality, I'd hesitate but at least consider it. As far as I'm concerned, the vanity pet is more useful to me than these assistants in their current forms.
  • Athas24
    Athas24
    ✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    The average cost of most items in the crown store is absurd in my opinion. The only things that carry any value are the dlc's.
    :(
    ...OverTwerked & Underpaid.
    Rajaat04 in game @Athas24 on forums
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll buy both
    i keep resubbing on the 6 month plan, i have crowns i dont know what to do with simply cause i have most of what i want from the store at this point, so those things are the only ones worth it......do wish they were daedra though, like the butler from skyrim

if i wasnt overloaded with crowns from sub though, no, i couldnt justify the purchase
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    I was considering it. Then read how limited their functionality is. Would have been nice, expensive, but nice.
    Edited by myrrrorb14_ESO on April 4, 2016 2:39PM
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    At its current state, I wouldn't spend $40 on this game.
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    5K crowns for each?!
    and they aren't even fully functional ?
    https://youtu.be/FopyRHHlt3M
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Stanko
    Stanko
    ✭✭✭
    I'll buy both
    I bought both with the free crowns that I got from being an ESO+ member. It's the first time that I've used my crowns. I think that they add some convenience, especially by not having to go to the bank. The banker saves me about a minute each time one of my toons does crafting writs.
    Stanko: Ebonheart Pact, CP 3600, Templar, Former Emperor on Azura's, Arena Gladiator, Flawless Conqueror, Spirit Slayer, Grand Overlord, Paragon, and of course Merciless.
  • Rolnhelm
    Rolnhelm
    Soul Shriven
    I won't buy either
    Basically $40 for a convenience item that really doesn't do anything you can't already do by spending an extra 2 minutes teleporting back to town for? No way! I'd maybe spend $5... but anything more than that it better be more worthwhile, like come with crafting tables, or repair my items, etc. I already pay for +...
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll buy both
    Bought banker. Gonna buy merchant next plus Bill. Time saved farming worth every cent.
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Ichnaea
    Ichnaea
    ✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    Just think...every time you buy something that is ridiculously over-priced you are funding this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aYQLhqooh0E

Don't fund this.
    AD
    Mishi - V16 Wood Elf Nightblade
    Zach Vane - V16 Imperial Nightblade
    Clara Bonny - V16 Breton Templar
    Sherman Bradley - V16 Imperial Templar
    One Knight Standard - V16 Imperial Dragonknight
    Unemployed Merlin - V16 High Elf Sorcerer
    Ice Hinged Mice Elf - V16 Dunmer Dragonknight
  • Bristol_Lad
    I won't buy either
    Stick that for a laugh, what a waste of money.
    Xbox one - EU.

Daggerfall Covenant.
  • alkodav
    alkodav
    ✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    they're not useful enough for such price, i think...
  • joker0137
    joker0137
    ✭✭✭
    I'll buy both
    So I bought both, I'm lucky enough that can I buy both of them.

However, the merchant is only a little useful if your in the middle of nowhere and you've been wandering. But there isn't a mega shortage of merchants in the game so having one with you is an answer to a problem that didn't really exist in the first place.

Now the banker, I thought this sound better. But its only the basic banker that you find in a place like the outlaws refuse. You can drop your stuff off and obviously withdraw you stuff. I really was hoping it was like a really bank in the main cites, meaning that I could sell some of the goods I've collected as I pick them up. But no, you still go to travel back to the main city banks and use them, which also are next to the merchants that you'll end up using.

I'm not saying that they are worthless but they do seem to be a bit of a novelty. If you are short on crowns or real world money, I would say to give this a miss. Your not missing out on anything to be honest.
    Edited by joker0137 on April 5, 2016 4:07PM
    Just A White Line Nightmare

PS4 EU server
  • LatinLegacy
    LatinLegacy
    ✭✭
    I won't buy either
    I won't lie when I say that I have no issue paying for stuff in a game. God only knows how much money I've dumped on games like World of Warcraft. ESPECIALLY for the TCG loot cards. More times than most, I felt it was money well spent since odds are, I would of spent a whole lot more buying boxes just for specific loot cards. Being in a good paying career field has its luxuries as I'm sure others experience the same. With that said, under no situation would I ever drop 5000 crowns for either assistant. What they bring to the game is a minimal convenience at best. The functions they bring to the game simply does not justify the high price. You have to be incredibly lazy to want to purchase either. Then again, I come from an era of 90's MMORPG's so obviously I would view it as being lazy regardless of the price.
    Edited by LatinLegacy on April 5, 2016 11:47AM
  • mubzander
    mubzander
    ✭✭
    I won't buy either
    It's not about being cheap like people have told me before.

Think about it logically 5k crowns is like 30 to 40 pound in real life.

Life story time: That's a lot of money; rent and food takeaway half of my wages then travelling takes another 10% so the rest I save.

People cannot afford to pay this much, for something they will probably use once in a while when they farm.. majority of the people usually play 2 to 4 hours per day so it is quite useless since they would have to travel to the city when they get off for the horses feeding next day (what I do).

10 to 18 pounds would have been more appropriate, hope you guys change that, because your fans are not happy at all.
  • shadowwraith666
    shadowwraith666
    ✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy either
    5000 crowns for a shortcut... NOPE!
    • Vicktor Bloodtail - L42 Argonian Magblade, Werewolf - EP
    • Xarxes - L31 Dunmer Sorc, Vampire - EP
    • Lichtspear - L21 Argonian Temp - EP
    • Rajka Fireclaw - L21 Khajit DK - AD

PS4 EU
    Spill some blood for me dear brother
    Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion