Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gold mats, a change is needed.

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they need to be easier to get. It's not too bad. I have 6 characters in all gold OP, some with extra bits of gold items for different purposes (my templar has 7 gold swords for instance), so I see it from that side too.

My only gripe is breaking down gold things and getting 0 mats back. I broke down 2 sets of julianos last week and got 6 dreugh wax back. It cost me 80 to make it gold. Horrible return.
    Edited by Brrrofski on May 2, 2016 5:41PM
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is content in this game which takes every available edge to be competitive like vMA or vMOL. A significant amount of players struggle even with gold gear equipped. You can argue that gold gear is not necessary, but others might argue that it is. Especially weapons which get a 200 damage boost from Epic to Legendary.

Considering that new BiS gear is released every patch or two, and also the impending DB patch has done an overhaul of traits this will require a lot of people to retool their gear. examples: 2 Nirnhoned Torugs swords was best in slot, but will now be weaker than sharpened. Tanks may require Sturdy trait to make up for the loss of block cost reduction from bracing etc. This change alone will make the cost of tempers increase significantly.

Many players run multiple toons (tank, healer, dps) so it takes a lot of tempers, even purple, to constantly update builds.

Since the game seems to change drastically with each patch I think this an area that could require some changes. Either reduce the amount of tempers needed for upgrades, and or, increase drop rates. Or provide players the ability to re-forge their traits on gear.

When you add it all up it takes ALOT of dedicated farming. Many players want to spend more time enjoying the content, and not hunting nodes and crafting writs on 8 characters for hours on end every quarter when a patch drops. Not to mention the 130-150 mats needed to craft each piece...

Players tolerate significant issues in this game like Lag and poor RNG. When the game starts to turn into Elder Farming Online you might see many lose interest.

For all the above reasons, when exploits like the crafting surveys occur, its no wonder why players try to take advantage of them.

Edited by MrTarkanian48 on May 2, 2016 6:03PM
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • KingWhyteboi
    KingWhyteboi
    ✭✭✭
    Drazorious wrote: »
    I have seen on the forums multiple times people say sell them for Tel Var and I think that would be a great idea.

i agree with this i wish tel var had meaning
    v16 dark elf temp
    v16 imperial nb
    v16 khajiit nb
    v16 imperial dk
    v16 high elf sorc
    v16 breton temp
    v16 high elf nb
    v16 dark elf dk
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    I like the way it is, makes gold gear very coveted. I think it would be stupid with everyone running around Cyradil with 3 or 4 Toons all with gold gear. Everybody always wants the best stuff but does not want to work for it smh.
    Edited by llSRRll on May 3, 2016 4:51AM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

For all the above reasons, when exploits like the crafting surveys occur, its no wonder why players try to take advantage of them.

obvioudly, undeniably true since we all know th in games without crafting at all players DONT take advantage of exploits at all.
    Excellent point.
    Thx.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Drazorious wrote: »
    I have seen on the forums multiple times people say sell them for Tel Var and I think that would be a great idea.

i agree with this i wish tel var had meaning

Tel var for gold mat purchases - only if tel var becomes available in non-pvp areas.

Ymmv.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• BucFanJKE
    BucFanJKE
    ✭✭✭
    Between writs, hirelings, and a small amount of farming and refining gold upgrade mats are not very hard to get. It just takes skill points and time. I don't get to play much and I get quite a few a week from farming. If I spent all my time in PVP instead of farming then I wouldn't get as many if any at all. If you want to have the best stuff, you have to work. If you want okay gear just do the fun stuff only. You don't have to have legendary armor to survive and do well.
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BucFanJKE wrote: »
    Between writs, hirelings, and a small amount of farming and refining gold upgrade mats are not very hard to get. It just takes skill points and time. I don't get to play much and I get quite a few a week from farming. If I spent all my time in PVP instead of farming then I wouldn't get as many if any at all. If you want to have the best stuff, you have to work. If you want okay gear just do the fun stuff only. You don't have to have legendary armor to survive and do well.

I farm mass raw mats, do daily writs on multiple alts, have tier 3 hirelings on 8 alts, and am careful with my currency and gear choices. All of that still is not enough to reasonably cover end game play style. When DB hits and you are paying 7-9 k for a tempering alloy remember you were against this. Also you do need gold armor and weapons to not be the weak link or even more so to excel in PvP and HM trials.

Do you even vet Maw?
    Edited by nordsavage on May 3, 2016 5:13PM
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • Calidus1
    Calidus1
    ✭✭
    nordsavage wrote: »
    Some of you have not been here long enough or do not remember that before DLC started rolling out this frequently that there were several nerfs to gold mat drop rates.

um... have you met my friend @Nestor

• Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Kuta rates aren't that bad because you'll never need more than one to always get a gold glyph made. The problem is that for an equally low drop rate, you need 8 legendary tempers to upgrade each piece of gear. It's not like Kuta is so easy to get that people are making full sets of legendary enchants for their leveling gear. I still fail so see how it would hurt to drop the requirement to 5 legendary tempers for a 100% upgrade chance. You'd still have a lower procurement rate from refining and a higher amount required to upgrade to legendary than epic. It would also make more sense than requiring 2, 3, 4, then 8 tempers to upgrade an item from basic to legendary.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • Caeric
    Caeric
    ✭✭✭
    Why not just implement a system whereby a master crafter has the ability to rework gear?

The cost to do so could be:
    • Some amount of base material from which the item is made (say 20% to 25% of the amount needed to create a new item of that level). Additional material invested could allow the item to be raised in level, say from v9 to v14, but an item of one base material cannot be reworked into an item with a higher level than that base permits.
    • The trait material that you are moving to (optional, only if desired)
    • 1 piece of the item 'quality' component based on the current quality of the item in question (e.g., elegant lining for epic cloth, dreugh wax for legendary cloth, etc.)

This would still require a cost, but not so much as creating a completely new piece. It would also help with 'ooops' situations where something didn't go as intended.
    Edited by Caeric on May 4, 2016 4:46PM
  • N1K3
    N1K3
    ✭✭✭
    N1K3 wrote: »
    Legendary does not mean rarity it means powerful.

Umm wasn't the OP about low drop rate with these gold mats? And how long it takes to acquire them? And whys that? Because of "Rarity" Yes it's a number booster but it still takes decent time gathering them. Hence why I say it defeats the purpose of it being labeled as Legendary if anyone can get them at any giving time.

Legendary = Lowest drop rare = Rarity = Valuable = Powerful

English please.

I don't see what was so hard understand my last post....but don't get me wrong I do agree with you taking too long and a sh*t load of quantity gathering the amount needed for golds mats especially with constant changes in gearing/traits/sets but they don't need to increase the drop rate only because it's not so bad as you make it out to be. IMO reduce quantity required for improvement to 100% to 5-6 needed instead of 8...

YES it's rare but it is possible for everyone even for casual players to acquire those materials. We can't be expecting to gather enough mats in a day or so just to completely gold out a complete build regardless of what game it is. It should always take time and effort acquiring them.
    Like you qouted "Legendary means Powerful"

Do you really want everyone to spend little effort and little time to achieve the most powerful gear in the game?
    DC Imperial NightBlade
    DC Orc DragonKnight
    DC Breton Templar
    DC High Elf Sorcerer
    DC Dark Elf DragonKnight
    DC Redgaurd Templar
    EP Breton NightBlade
    AD Khajiit Sorcerer
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legendary does not mean rarity it means powerful.

Umm wasn't the OP about low drop rate with these gold mats? And how long it takes to acquire them? And whys that? Because of "Rarity" Yes it's a number booster but it still takes decent time gathering them. Hence why I say it defeats the purpose of it being labeled as Legendary if anyone can get them at any giving time.

Legendary = Lowest drop rare = Rarity = Valuable = Powerful

English please.

I don't see what was so hard understand my last post....but don't get me wrong I do agree with you taking too long and a sh*t load of quantity gathering the amount needed for golds mats especially with constant changes in gearing/traits/sets but they don't need to increase the drop rate only because it's not so bad as you make it out to be. IMO reduce quantity required for improvement to 100% to 5-6 needed instead of 8...

YES it's rare but it is possible for everyone even for casual players to acquire those materials. We can't be expecting to gather enough mats in a day or so just to completely gold out a complete build regardless of what game it is. It should always take time and effort acquiring them.
    Like you qouted "Legendary means Powerful"

Do you really want everyone to spend little effort and little time to achieve the most powerful gear in the game?

Last time I should have to say this because you people obviously post before reading. I am NOT asking for gear to be HANDED out. I am saying the need to go to overly expensive and exhaustive lengths to outfit end game characters is becoming and issue with more frequent content and forced changes to gear. I am asking for slight decreases in gold material needed for 100% success and/or slight increases in gold mat drops.
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caeric wrote: »
    Why not just implement a system whereby a master crafter has the ability to rework gear?

The cost to do so could be:
    • Some amount of base material from which the item is made (say 20% to 25% of the amount needed to create a new item of that level). Additional material invested could allow the item to be raised in level, say from v9 to v14.
    • The trait material that you are moving to (optional, only if desired)
    • 1 piece of the item 'quality' component based on the current quality of the item in question (e.g., elegant lining for epic cloth, dreugh wax for legendary cloth, etc.)

This would still require a cost, but not so much as creating a completely new piece. It would also help with 'ooops' situations where something didn't go as intended.

I would be in favor of being able to rework gear. Even more so than my proposal. But I think my idea would be easier implemented and therefore more likely to happen since the framework already exists.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Prices are ridiculous, cant even imagine making 7 pieces of heavy and 2 maces legendary. ZOS need to do something about it.
    PC EU
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prices are ridiculous, cant even imagine making 7 pieces of heavy and 2 maces legendary. ZOS need to do something about it.

I am certain gold mats are heading for an all time high with Dark Brotherhood especially tempering alloy. They need to bring it back the other way.
  • Dirtydirt
    Dirtydirt
    This thread is a petition and a request to the developers that legendary crafting improvers (gold mats) receive an increase in drop rate or a reduction in the number needed to have a 100% chance to improve to five or six. My number one concern is that for some time now Tempering Alloy and Dreugh Wax prices have gotten out of hand. Even those with gold reserves are feeling the pinch. My most recent concern is with the introduction of so many new traits and alterations to passives so much gear is going to need to be forcibly replaced or recrafted. The best example of this the removal of bracing and the retuning of sturdy. If a set of seven heavy armor pieces and two weapons are replaced and reset to legendary the cost at current average prices is about 450,000 gold. If you wanted to replace a full set of light/medium armor you are looking at about 200,000g price tag before altering weapons to match. Those numbers are on PC and do not include base material or purchased set item, style, trait and lesser improvers before legendary quality. "Grind the mats yourself" you say? Any player who has spent any amount of time farming raw materials only to be lucky to see one gold mat for every 200-300 refinements can tell you the work does not match the reward. Seeing as how the rate of DLC releases has become quarterly and gameplay is in constant flux this merits much consideration.

Have you ever played an mmo before. Probably not because you don't know what your talking about. the end game high level gear shouldn't be easy to get. Epic gear does fine for 90% of the content. Legendary gear your suppose to work for it not just given to you. The only thing that should be changed is the critical trait for staffs sI destro staffs and healing staffs actually get used instead of duel swords
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dirtydirt wrote: »
    This thread is a petition and a request to the developers that legendary crafting improvers (gold mats) receive an increase in drop rate or a reduction in the number needed to have a 100% chance to improve to five or six. My number one concern is that for some time now Tempering Alloy and Dreugh Wax prices have gotten out of hand. Even those with gold reserves are feeling the pinch. My most recent concern is with the introduction of so many new traits and alterations to passives so much gear is going to need to be forcibly replaced or recrafted. The best example of this the removal of bracing and the retuning of sturdy. If a set of seven heavy armor pieces and two weapons are replaced and reset to legendary the cost at current average prices is about 450,000 gold. If you wanted to replace a full set of light/medium armor you are looking at about 200,000g price tag before altering weapons to match. Those numbers are on PC and do not include base material or purchased set item, style, trait and lesser improvers before legendary quality. "Grind the mats yourself" you say? Any player who has spent any amount of time farming raw materials only to be lucky to see one gold mat for every 200-300 refinements can tell you the work does not match the reward. Seeing as how the rate of DLC releases has become quarterly and gameplay is in constant flux this merits much consideration.

Have you ever played an mmo before. Probably not because you don't know what your talking about. the end game high level gear shouldn't be easy to get. Epic gear does fine for 90% of the content. Legendary gear your suppose to work for it not just given to you. The only thing that should be changed is the critical trait for staffs sI destro staffs and healing staffs actually get used instead of duel swords

Have you played an mmo before? If people did not a have spell power from swords than melee characters would have no effectiveness in use of spells for power or utility. Ask around on that, it is a necessary evil. Rarity of equipment is from months of research time and grinding drops from runs. Legendary is a QUALITY or POWER and is NOT RARITY. This is even stated in a flavor text of one of the load screens written by ZOS themselves stating that it is quality.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Especially given that Zeni have allowed the exploiters to obtain literally thousands if not tens of thousands of them only to stockpile them and inflate the price by selling them slowly instead of allowing the market to return to normal - normal being 4.5k for D Wax and 6.5k for Alloys...
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do your writs, if you want to earn the gold mats.
    Go farming and sell stuff, if you want to purchase gold mats.
    Go farming and refine stuff with a chance of receiving gold mats.

I did some farming in the last couple of days, within 2-3 hours, I came up with about 1000 ore, 600 wood, 100 cloth and 50 leather. Plus 150 items for destruction, plus runes, plus glyphs and further stuff from chests, plus CPs.
    So acquiring the mats is doable (light/medium material obviously takes some time, maybe purchasing is faster...), if you really have the desire to do so. I'm pretty sure that two weeks of farming will result in enough of gold mats, mats, money and everything else.
    Only downside: It's boring and there is not enough storage room.
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haenk wrote: »
    Do your writs, if you want to earn the gold mats.
    Go farming and sell stuff, if you want to purchase gold mats.
    Go farming and refine stuff with a chance of receiving gold mats.

I did some farming in the last couple of days, within 2-3 hours, I came up with about 1000 ore, 600 wood, 100 cloth and 50 leather. Plus 150 items for destruction, plus runes, plus glyphs and further stuff from chests, plus CPs.
    So acquiring the mats is doable (light/medium material obviously takes some time, maybe purchasing is faster...), if you really have the desire to do so. I'm pretty sure that two weeks of farming will result in enough of gold mats, mats, money and everything else.
    Only downside: It's boring and there is not enough storage room.

I do writs every day on five alts. I even have and add-on that auto crafts what I need when I get to the table for speed. On top of this we will take the day before for example. I did about two hours or of power farming in Craglorn, refined with full passives, did writs for another thirty minutes getting mostly junk useless to a high level crafter/player and collected all of my hireling mail for another thirty minutes if you count both daily logins across whole account. I received about nine or ten gold mats including kuta and rosin which are not really the issue. Now if I had time to do this three to five hour exercise every day, seven days a week, on top of playing normally you might have had a point @Haenk . Forget that I run trials, dungeons and pledges, collect other items, do other dailies such as Wrothgar's for motif chapters. Making gold is not the issue either. But the amount of time and resources it takes to outfit just one alt much less up to eight is on the ridiculous side.

This is a hobby not a job.
    Edited by nordsavage on May 6, 2016 1:57PM
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed. They're ridiculous to get a hold of.
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zuto40 wrote: »
    1.5k tel var for a gold mat would be lovely

For what it's worth, I think this is a good way to do it.
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had this same complaint for a long long time. Why can't they follow the preset trend, and just require 5?
    Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay
    Obsidian Guard (Social with PvX Events)

Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now. Gamers don't sit around.
    - Jane McGonigal
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have started early making adjustments to my gear in preparation for the Db patch. I am definitely feeling the pinch. the cost is manageable though, especially with the exploit flooding the market. 4K dreugh wax, 7k tempor. Slow and Grindy to get a lot of them but it is managamble
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We've removed an inflammatory post.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Eocosa
    Eocosa
    ✭✭✭
    I really do not think the drop rate is that bad. I recall with orsinium (I believe it was) they reduced the hireling drop rate, again, but increased the chance for writs. I find in a given week on one toon I often get 2-4 TA and generally 3 Kutas simply doing the writs. This steady stream allows one to keep a "stash" to regear once with legendaries and then I sell the extra and refill my supply when I do regear.

I am not really against dropping the number needed to 6 or so, or even increasing how many you get back from deconstructing, but to make it much easier really makes no sense to me as you are then simply making end game gear require next to no time commitment.

Sure I get being upset with the changing traits, but this happens how often? Once a year? Once every two? I also understand they do make changes between DLCs with new gear sets added, but then again that does not always mean your gear is now garbage. Hundings Rage, for example, seems to be a really good Stam DPS set, and would have been since it was first added. Every game has a gear treadmill and for some builds your gear could have been near BiS for essentially a solid year!

Perhaps it is me, but while I can appreciate the cost of having to regear 8 alts, to me it seems like either some of those alts may not need full legendary gear (getting by with purple armor and gold weapons saves you a TON of money), or if you really do end game content with each toon it SHOULD require a ton of work/gold investment. At least this game allows refinement of gear instead of having to run a weekly raid for a chance of getting a good piece of equipment and that is the only chance to get BiS. Here as soon as you hit level cap, you can essentially buy yourself almost every single BiS item (barring VMA weapons) within 15 minutes should you have the gold/know crafters.Come DB, many people will have to regear, and end up back in the best equipment within a matter of an hour after launch.

If you have 8 fully leveled alts, running writs would get you all the refinement materials you need SUPER quick (we are talking ~16-32 TA and ~24 kutas a week alone, plus ~24k gold a day to buy even more). Thus starting from scratch, within a week you can regear you main toon and each week thereafter regear each additional toon. That is not too unreasonable to me as there are options besides paying 400k per toon.

My 2 septims anyways.
  • agn231
    agn231
    ✭✭✭
    I would definitely support higher drop rates if it would lead to less complaints in the crafting forum about drop rates and more discussions about crafting!
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The difference in spell or weapon power between purple and gold weapons is simply to high.

Simply decrease the benefits of legendary weapons. Then I am ok with the rarity of legendary mats.
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    I think its time to get out the pickaxe and go refine and do writs. Wash, rinse, and repeat untill you achieve your goal. I get enough with my 3 master crafters to at least make a legendary piece of armour once a week for my main character. This allows me to try diffeent armour sets almost continously.
This discussion has been closed.