The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gold mats, a change is needed.

• FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nordsavage wrote: »
    I think the gold mats drop rate and prices in guild stores are just fine as they are. It should be difficult to craft the highest tier of gear.

We will see how you feel in a few weeks when you have to retune all your gear. If you do not keep several or more alts in high end gear, especially gear that will be forced into being replaced (Nirnhoned into Sharpened for example) then you probably do not understand the drain the current market holds for end game players. Half of you who do not agree are probably purple wearing mat/writ farmers who do not want your cut of the market reduced.

If you could afford to "retune" your characters in gold v16 armor before the drop rate got nerfed, then you have plenty of resources. You'll just have to deal with it like everyone else.

You could always decon your old "useless" gold gear for one gold each. :smiley:

Edited by FortheloveofKrist on May 20, 2016 3:07PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I refined 600 ore, got 7 temps
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lavum
    Lavum
    ✭✭✭
    I refined 600 ore, got 7 temps

Wish i had your luck!

I've been playing since a week or so before launch. the average at the time was ~1 gold per 100-130. Now... well lets just say it is a wide range. I play a tank, gold gear helps, you see a definite improvement when going from Purple to Gold. I also do almost all end-game content. The sheer amount of mats needed 1st drops the global prices of Ruby materials, one reason is because ppl are over-farming them to try for gold materials. Yes, crafting dailies off set that a bit, but not by anything noticeable. Hirelings are "meh". I am of the opinion that Temp alloys need to be increased slightly from refinement. I'm not part of this entitled generation that wants everything to be handed to them. I just want to get the proper reward for my time and effort.
    Don't say -"Cash Grab" when it is a "Cash Grab" by ZoS. Apparently "Cash Grab" is not PC.
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the gold mats drop rate and prices in guild stores are just fine as they are. It should be difficult to craft the highest tier of gear.

We will see how you feel in a few weeks when you have to retune all your gear. If you do not keep several or more alts in high end gear, especially gear that will be forced into being replaced (Nirnhoned into Sharpened for example) then you probably do not understand the drain the current market holds for end game players. Half of you who do not agree are probably purple wearing mat/writ farmers who do not want your cut of the market reduced.

If you could afford to "retune" your characters in gold v16 armor before the drop rate got nerfed, then you have plenty of resources. You'll just have to deal with it like everyone else.

You could always decon your old "useless" gold gear for one gold each. :smiley:

The this is more than just keeping up with new gear and new builds. This is also now about gear traits on recently made currently equiped gear being altered and new traits being added because of skill and passive changes. I do enough work to "keep up with the Jonses" without having the rug pulled out from under my current setup. I made million gold in the last 2-3 weeks on top of spending about 2 mil in the last month. I grind mats, do dailies, writs and actively quest, compete in trials/pledges and operate as officer is several guilds. That is not even the full list of what I do. I DO IT ALL AND ALOT OF IT. I do not need this game to be a full time job. So if you do not even do half of what I do then who are you to tell me to deal with it.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    Pomaikai wrote: »
    I think the point he's trying to make, is that when you're reaching end game, players don't just have a single set of gold Vr16 armor and weapons.

Most players have a PVE set, and quite possibly both a solo and a group PVE set, a PVP set, a Trials set, and maybe even a Maelstrom set. All in gold. Now multiply that across multiple characters.

It's this increased demand of a very scarce commodity which has caused prices to skyrocket, and will cause them to continue rising as more and more people begin to reach end game and start needing multiple armor sets per character.

Good I hope they do, Ive been hording as many as I can for quit sometime now. Every time I here someone in crafting areas selling gold mats for what I believe is under market value I buy them.
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I'm well stocked on gold upgrade mats for the coming DLC release. Of course I'll be pulling all I currently have listed, and then relisting them at new price points the night the servers go down.

It's going to be record high sales that week...
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found some hens teeth the other day.......
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, today the RNG gods blessed me:

gWzkNZd.png
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    Lavum wrote: »
    I refined 840 Ruby Ore. I got 1 (One) Tempering Alloy. How is that balanced?

Last night refined 20 rubedite ore and got 2 tempering alloys, seems pretty balanced to me :smiley:

The RNG is really a thing in ESO, I noticed that valuable items seem to drop in short bursts. I don't ever find kuta's but last month got two in less then 10 minutes apart. Tempering alloys are rare, when I refine multiple stacks of ore the changes are pretty high I don't get any. When I do get tempering alloys the seem to drop multiple times during the same stack, I even once got 3 in a row.

• outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    Drop rates should not be improved, legendary should be hard to achieve thus should be rare.

Why?

Well, if everybody gets the materials cheap/easy it would not be legendary now would it? It means you have to do lots of work to get those skills and materials, thus making it less common in the game.

You could also find means to get gold and buy the materials, find a crafter who can make the sets for you. There are multiple ways to get legendary equipment but it is not easy and neither should it be.
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop rates should not be improved, legendary should be hard to achieve thus should be rare.

Why?

Well, if everybody gets the materials cheap/easy it would not be legendary now would it? It means you have to do lots of work to get those skills and materials, thus making it less common in the game.

You could also find means to get gold and buy the materials, find a crafter who can make the sets for you. There are multiple ways to get legendary equipment but it is not easy and neither should it be.

Do not post on the thread if you do not read the thread. One more shoot first read later poster here.
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    I'm going to make a comment that is actually well thought out here. When I got my first vet 16 character, it was back in late november. I didn't get his full set of legendary crafted gear done until nearly the end of january. When it came to my second vet 16, almost on the heels of that one, I had already realized how much effort it would take to make that gear, and had taken the effort, ahead of time, to save up as many as possible of the materials I would need, and so I had far less to do all at once to get the gear crafted. With the three characters that went up to cp 160 with dark brotherhood, I again had the foresight to prepare more than a month in advance, saving up the materials, and even doing most of my crafting beforehand. I actually had 3 full sets of gear ready on the day that DB went live. The difference between how I do things and how the OP was doing things is that I take the time, plan ahead, and prepare myself. Anyone could do that, with a little bit of time, a little bit of forethought, and some effort. It wasn't even excessively farming during that time, only normal adventuring interspersed with decent amounts of farming, and setting aside what I was earning, often from the crafting writs, to be able to buy the mats. When I was doing my heavy armor characters, it's been rare to get a gold temper for less than about 6500 gold. 3500 to 4000 was normal for the dreugh wax. This is something I merely accepted, planned for, and dealt with. Trying to cry over drop rates when you're not actually doing *thinking* is insulting, to those of us who actually consider what we're doing in advance. Please, if you're going to complain, also show how you're trying to work around the problem, instead of demanding that someone fix it. The legendary gear that I now have on *5* characters mostly came from the fact that I learned my lesson with my first Vet 16 character, and decided that I would not allow myself to have that problem again. You can avoid most of the problems with a little planning, so there's no need to yell and scream over your lack of forethought. Take it as you will, but there is a lot of value in thinking things through.
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @silvermistktralasub17_ESO Come back when you have more than two years, two full nine trait crafting alts, more than 4 alts that you gear to gold with multiple sets(I have 9 total alts), are adept at playing and making gold. You posted that garbage to one of the most self reliant and resourceful players in the game. Players like you with very little ESO background come on here going off half-cocked. So little greenhorn, before you try to sand bag a someone who does everything you do and say to do and does exponentially more maybe get your information correct by reading the other posts. As you put it, you clearly did not "think things through".

Another note to all future posters. The time for this thread has come and gone. Let it die off please. I am sure that a decision has been made if this thread was considered or heard of at all. Either way please do not necro this thread.
  • chess1ukb16_ESO
    chess1ukb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they are way too easy to come by. Too easy to achieve Legendary gear is not great for the game.
    Ireniicus
    GM - Tamriel Traders Guild (TTG); Divine Deals; Allmart & The Alchemist Emporium
  • billcage
    billcage
    If you want to be legend player in a mmorpg , actually you should work more harder than is like ESO.I think ESO has a easy system for being a elite player.Everyone has a %100 chance for upgrading legend item when they completed to 8 stones.But i know that many mmorpg which do not give this perfect chance . Actually item upgrading system might be better when chance rates would be under %100 .So the game could be more excited in terms of competition.
  • Calidus1
    Calidus1
    ✭✭
    OP is so angry and mean, I think he needs a hug
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have closed this thread. Please take care not to revive old threads as they often contain outdated information that can cause confusion. If you want to discuss something and can not find a thread from within the last month feel free to start a new discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.