Gold mats, a change is needed.

nordsavage
nordsavage
✭✭✭✭✭
This thread is a petition and a request to the developers that legendary crafting improvers (gold mats) receive an increase in drop rate or a reduction in the number needed to have a 100% chance to improve to five or six. My number one concern is that for some time now Tempering Alloy and Dreugh Wax prices have gotten out of hand. Even those with gold reserves are feeling the pinch. My most recent concern is with the introduction of so many new traits and alterations to passives so much gear is going to need to be forcibly replaced or recrafted. The best example of this the removal of bracing and the retuning of sturdy. If a set of seven heavy armor pieces and two weapons are replaced and reset to legendary the cost at current average prices is about 450,000 gold. If you wanted to replace a full set of light/medium armor you are looking at about 200,000g price tag before altering weapons to match. Those numbers are on PC and do not include base material or purchased set item, style, trait and lesser improvers before legendary quality. "Grind the mats yourself" you say? Any player who has spent any amount of time farming raw materials only to be lucky to see one gold mat for every 200-300 refinements can tell you the work does not match the reward. Seeing as how the rate of DLC releases has become quarterly and gameplay is in constant flux this merits much consideration.
I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • DinOwned
    DinOwned
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Increase gold mat drop rate and/or add new ways to earn gold to pay for those upgrade materials. Or offer them for Tel Var stones.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There not that rare. If you don't want to work to get them, then you should be able to do without them.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Drazorious
    Drazorious
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen on the forums multiple times people say sell them for Tel Var and I think that would be a great idea.
    Stuff and things
  • RocDonald
    RocDonald
    ✭✭✭
    If you think those are expensive, try buying some Potent Nirncrux.
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    There not that rare. If you don't want to work to get them, then you should be able to do without them.

UMMMM - No they are stupid rare! I'd like a bit of a tweak to make them more available, not like you trip over them or anything but a bit. They are very expensive too.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do your writs on at least 5-8 toons. Problem solved
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legendary is supposed to be rare and hard to get. It is not supposed to be a given to have the gear improved to Legendary.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea - I am bored now doing writs on 2 toons! I get it if it is your thing but I have adventures waiting for me in Tamriel, delves to delve and dungeons to conquer.
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Acharnor wrote: »
    Yea - I am bored now doing writs on 2 toons! I get it if it is your thing but I have adventures waiting for me in Tamriel, delves to delve and dungeons to conquer.

lol.. I'm bored with that considering I've finished it all. It only takes 20 min to do writs on 6 toons.

Also.. You don't need gold gear for PvE anyways.
    Edited by Kwivur on April 27, 2016 3:33PM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Like I said, if you don't want to do the work to get them, then you should be fine without them. Between writs (1 character) and refining mats I get about 5 tempering alloys and 8-10 dreugh wax a week. I only play 2-3 hours per day during the week, so I wouldn't say they're "stupid rare".
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't speak to writs but drop rates are absurdly low. I had 2 characters with enchanting hirelings and saw 1 kuta over 6 months. Not worth the skill points invested. Reece to get them back.

The crafting bag will make writs more feasible now and I won't have to switch to 5 different mules to get mats. It shouldn't take 5 years to make 1 set of yellow gear. God forbid you want to change anything
    Edited by Katahdin on April 27, 2016 4:11PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    All depends on your definition I guess! For me to get two a week is a good week. Glad you score so many though, sweet. I don't think equating my not wanting to do "the work" with I "should be fine without them"is valid. Don't want 'em to fall from the sky either in a shower of golden mats. Let's just turn up that dial a bit. Hey, then you would get even more. Sounds win-win.

Hey, we will never all be happy with everything and this is not an issue I complain about generally but the post tweaked my interest and added my 2 cents.

Cheers.
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭

Like I said, if you don't want to do the work to get them, then you should be fine without them. Between writs (1 character) and refining mats I get about 5 tempering alloys and 8-10 dreugh wax a week. I only play 2-3 hours per day during the week, so I wouldn't say they're "stupid rare".

Exactly.. I do my writs on 6 toons (just started doing this recently) and so far this week, I've pulled around 10 Kutas and around 20-25 of the armor resins/tempers. That's including refining mats from surveys too.
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy with the amount of Kutas I get too. Especially when I get a survey and pull a rare double out of the aspect rune node. Giddy up!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I get a Gold Temper/Aspect from my Hirelings and Writs every other day, if not each day. And I frequently get multiple Golds. However, I have 6 characters who do writs and have hirelings. So, a lot of them don't get Golds in the overall scheme of things.

That is the secret I guess to getting a decent amount of Gold Tempers, do lots of activities that have a chance to earn gold tempers. Doing them on one or two characters is just a recipe for frustration.

Edited by Nestor on April 27, 2016 4:27PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭

I can contest that this is true, I do about the same and get about the same drops. If someone doesn't want to do that they can harvest flowers and sell them in a guild trader. Anyone should be able to afford the mats if they put in the effort.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    You all are such good little worker bees. :) You almost have me convinced.
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Writ containers are also considered treasure chest.. The shadow tree can help these out. lol
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You all are such good little worker bees. :) You almost have me convinced.

Well this game does have an economy so to me it makes sense to either be proactive making gold, be self-sufficient or preferably a combination of both.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of you have not been here long enough or do not remember that before DLC started rolling out this frequently that there were several nerfs to gold mat drop rates. Hirelings, refinements and writs were all effected. Prices have about doubled since then. Now that content comes quarterly an ease on this seems logical. I am not asking for it to be handed out like candy but when you refine and only get one tempering alloy from 200-300 raw materials that is fairly ridiculous. I have eight alts with 3-4 hirelings each and they rarely drop gold materials. I am not cheap in the game either. I have spent more gold than most will ever see and I do not chisel for every last gold I can when making deal and to me gold mat prices seem to inflated. Dreugh wax was at 2-3k about a month ago and now its up over 4k it is only getting worse.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreugh Wax had abnormally low price because of exploits. Rosin stays low because of oversupply. Refinement has not changed during last year, and give one golden from 200 mats on average. Writs are currently best source for goldens. Do writs.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Bnec
    Bnec
    ✭✭
    you think 4k each wax is bad , hahaha on PS4 they're selling 9k each , alloys 16k each and rosin 8k each ! it's amazing i love it because farming is so profitable right now
  • N1K3
    N1K3
    ✭✭✭
    Leave the drop rate the same. Keep it unsellable from any kind of merchants/vendors just lower the quantity to reach 100% chance rate. There's a reason why gold items are called "Legendary" besides the boost in numbers. Yes it's suppose to be rare and valuable and that's why people should put in time to aquire them. Adding them to merchants/vendors gives everyone access to them whenever they want as long as they have the correct exchange, which defeats the purpose of calling those gold mats "Legendary"

IMO changes should be decrease quantity to achieving 100% chance

Fine x2
    Superior x3
    Epic x4
    Legendary x5-6

If drop rate stays as is, 5-6 legendary improvement item would still be a long grind if you're just getting them by gathering raw materials. It just wouldn't be as ridiculously stupid compared to 8x per piece.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by N1K3 on April 29, 2016 3:59AM
    DC Imperial NightBlade
    DC Orc DragonKnight
    DC Breton Templar
    DC High Elf Sorcerer
    DC Dark Elf DragonKnight
    DC Redgaurd Templar
    EP Breton NightBlade
    AD Khajiit Sorcerer
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N1K3 wrote: »
    Leave the drop rate the same. Keep it unsellable from any kind of merchants/vendors just lower the quantity to reach 100% chance rate. There's a reason why gold items are called "Legendary" besides the boost in numbers. Yes it's suppose to be rare and valuable and that's why people should put in time to aquire them. Adding them to merchants/vendors gives everyone access to them whenever they want as long as they have the correct exchange, which defeats the purpose of calling those gold mats "Legendary"

IMO changes should be decrease quantity to achieving 100% chance

Fine x2
    Superior x3
    Epic x4
    Legendary x5-6

If drop rate stays as is, 5-6 legendary improvement item would still be a long grind if you're just getting them by gathering raw materials. It just wouldn't be as ridiculously stupid compared to 8x per piece.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Legendary does not mean rarity it means powerful.
  • Fellenore_Ewalion
    Fellenore_Ewalion
    ✭✭✭
    I'd go for the opposite, LOWER rates, actually, and less chance to get them.

I'd say it is funny to sell "epic" equipment at some hundreds of gold. This is insane... but if we don't use "superior" quality at all, if we despise "epic", because we deserve better, then please - make the "legendary" stuff extremly hard to come by!
    My Great House Telvanni did not join the Pact.
    But it does not mean I don't want to be Emperor.
  • N1K3
    N1K3
    ✭✭✭
    nordsavage wrote: »

Umm wasn't the OP about low drop rate with these gold mats? And how long it takes to acquire them? And whys that? Because of "Rarity" Yes it's a number booster but it still takes decent time gathering them. Hence why I say it defeats the purpose of it being labeled as Legendary if anyone can get them at any giving time.

Legendary = Lowest drop rare = Rarity = Valuable = Powerful
    DC Imperial NightBlade
    DC Orc DragonKnight
    DC Breton Templar
    DC High Elf Sorcerer
    DC Dark Elf DragonKnight
    DC Redgaurd Templar
    EP Breton NightBlade
    AD Khajiit Sorcerer
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.5k tel var for a gold mat would be lovely
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N1K3 wrote: »
    nordsavage wrote: »

Umm wasn't the OP about low drop rate with these gold mats? And how long it takes to acquire them? And whys that? Because of "Rarity" Yes it's a number booster but it still takes decent time gathering them. Hence why I say it defeats the purpose of it being labeled as Legendary if anyone can get them at any giving time.

Legendary = Lowest drop rare = Rarity = Valuable = Powerful

English please.
  • thomas1970b16_ESO
    thomas1970b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think the gold mats drop rate and prices in guild stores are just fine as they are. It should be difficult to craft the highest tier of gear.
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the gold mats drop rate and prices in guild stores are just fine as they are. It should be difficult to craft the highest tier of gear.

We will see how you feel in a few weeks when you have to retune all your gear. If you do not keep several or more alts in high end gear, especially gear that will be forced into being replaced (Nirnhoned into Sharpened for example) then you probably do not understand the drain the current market holds for end game players. Half of you who do not agree are probably purple wearing mat/writ farmers who do not want your cut of the market reduced.
This discussion has been closed.