Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS will not download... "Content Write Error"

BloodMagicLord
BloodMagicLord
✭✭✭✭
Thought I'd give the PTS a download to have a look at the new changes coming, as you do.
Download gets to around 20% complete, stops, I get "content write error" pop up on the left of the progress bar.

I have full permissions to modify the Zenimax Online folder on my pc so I don't think its an issue with permissions, and I have 600GB free on my hard drive so pretty sure its not that either.

Any help would be appreciated.
PC EU | Tank | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart
STOP CLASS HOMOGENISATION
  • Vicodine
    Vicodine
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. Clean PTS install (from scratch), gets to 21%, Content Write Failed with ~4GB of download left.

What have I done so far:
    • Tried again
    • Deleted all .partial files and restarted launcher
    • Clicking Pause/Resume like crazy

And I was so looking forward to trying DB.
    Thaometh V16 Altmer Templar AD/EU
    Thaometh Ashbringer V10Altmer Dragonknight AD/EU
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, seems to be a legit issue, I can't get a response from ZOS atm unfortunately. Have had my thread open since 10am EST:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2918005#Comment_2918005

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • nerdygirlie42
    nerdygirlie42
    Soul Shriven
    I am on a PC with plenty of hard drive space and when I attempt to download the PTS and around 23% get the "content write failed" message. I have tried everything I can think of and am so frustrated!
  • Wackytabbacky
    Wackytabbacky
    Soul Shriven
    Same with me. Content write failed over and over for a day and a half now.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here tried everything I know to try, clean install, removed old partials, over 250 gig of free space,tried again, cannot get it to install, this is the first time I have ever had problems installing the pts, and no official help really does not help :\
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on April 27, 2016 10:16AM
  • katherine89
    katherine89
    Soul Shriven
    It has been more than 24 hours from the moment i began to download PTS client..) Nothing helps. It crashes, then i reload- downloading again, and reload.. and it's a dead circle.. waiting for an official answer)
  • The_Legendary_Arya
    Same with me, nothing else to add ;) Pls ZoS take a look on it.
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep same here
  • BloodMagicLord
    BloodMagicLord
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like either nobody at ZOS is home, or nobody cares :/
  • Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    My PTS download progress is actually going backwards! From 24% the download speed stopped, so I paused and resumed, it went to 12% and is now on 10%. No other internet connection issues, everything's working fine but PTS download is just not going anywhere...
  • BloodMagicLord
    BloodMagicLord
    ✭✭✭✭
    Katinas wrote: »
    My PTS download progress is actually going backwards! From 24% the download speed stopped, so I paused and resumed, it went to 12% and is now on 10%. No other internet connection issues, everything's working fine but PTS download is just not going anywhere...

lol wow. This is now the 3rd day of me trying to get this installed... think i'm just gonna give up if it fails again tbh
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same here :(
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert if you want us to test this and stream it this need to be fixed
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't wait untill DB goes live and people still can't download it, then the real fun begins. >:)
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • BloodMagicLord
    BloodMagicLord
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tried deleting the PARTIAL files, which seemed to unstick it for a little while, but then it broke again. Still can't get the download past 21% and everytime I exit the launcher to try and fix it somehow I have to wait for it to verify the download again which takes a good 15-20 minutes. Clearly there is something wrong at that part of the download as almost everyone reporting this issue runs into problems at that point or something close to it.

This is a little frustrating, not sure if ZOS are just ignoring this issue, or what. Would be nice to just hear something from someone, even if its just to say that "this isn't gonna be fixed" so then we can stop wasting our time on it :D
  • TerraPython
    TerraPython
    ✭✭✭
    Same here - gets to 24% then throws an error like;
    • Write Error
    • HTTP Error
    • Or some other, non-descript, useless error message.

Furthermore, my internet speed is consistantly 100Mbps - yet this downloads at 500 Kbps (KILOBITS)
    What on earth is going on here?! Maybe you should think about torrent based patch/game sharing! This is dreadful!
    501CP - Ebonheart Pact - EU/PC
    Lvl50 - Emerian - Stamina DD Nightblade
    Lvl50 - Dintirri - Templar Healer
    Lvl50 - Malik Thos - Dragonknight Tank
    LvL40 - Tyrriath - Stamina Nightblade NonVet PvP

GM of Bad Apples - Casual and fun all levels socail guild, with events. Look me up in game if your interested
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furthermore, my internet speed is consistantly 100Mbps - yet this downloads at 500 Kbps (KILOBITS)
    What on earth is going on here?! Maybe you should think about torrent based patch/game sharing! This is dreadful!

That's your network speed, not your "internet speed." It's the theoretical limit to what you can move around your LAN. Depending on your actual connection, 500kbps is potentially reasonable.
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    I also am getting constant failing due to write errors or http errors. I haven't been able to get it to work past about 24% myself. I wonder what the problem is.

Alassirana
  • zFib
    zFib
    ✭✭✭
    Im also having this issue its so frusturating ZOS please help us!
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm also downloading PTS for the first time. It was 22% after a few hours, then when I checked again, it was back at 3%. Again up to 8% in four hours or so, and back to 1%. No error messages, no nothing. If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also downloading PTS for the first time. It was 22% after a few hours, then when I checked again, it was back at 3%. Again up to 8% in four hours or so, and back to 1%. No error messages, no nothing. If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears.

Yeah, I encountered that as well. No idea what caused it. After 12 hours I started getting the Content Write Error message.
  • Jakhajay
    Jakhajay
    ✭✭✭✭

Same here :( I've pretty much given up
    Sh'ira - One Eyed Tihm - Do'Mazar - Dar'Sol - Hazzahn - J'darr Sun-Arrow - Bishabi -J'manna - Narim Tollana - Abijah-Ra - Idhassi-Ko - Kajhe the Salty - Ti'lani - Sabhan-Dar - Palamai
    JakhajayAlt: Azala-Do - Saahni the Ohmes - S'aolla of the Darks - Zashima-La Ako'Zhajiit - Lo'Mai-Dro - Taheh-Do - Hrrula - Hatamira - Da'lai

Shield Anvil - Trake's Talons
    Knight Praefect - Knights of the Steel Claw

All Khajiit, All the time!
    For Elsweyr and her people!
  • therasia2_ESO
    therasia2_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Jakhajay wrote: »

Having the same issues, submitted a ticket and the response was to run as administrator.....well I had done that already so that will not change the write error I'm getting. I have also attempted deleting the partial files with no success. The download was a clean download on a new computer; there must be files on their end that are corrupted or??? windows 10 issue perhaps? I'm waiting for another response from support on this issue; ugh so very frustrating at this point. Hoping for a fix soon.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JanS @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_TristanK

Can we please get some help with this issue.
  • therasia2_ESO
    therasia2_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE
    Jakhajay wrote: »

Having the same issues, submitted a ticket and the response was to run as administrator.....well I had done that already so that will not change the write error I'm getting. I have also attempted deleting the partial files with no success. The download was a clean download on a new computer; there must be files on their end that are corrupted or??? windows 10 issue perhaps? I'm waiting for another response from support on this issue; ugh so very frustrating at this point. Hoping for a fix soon.

Okay so I redid PTS as administrator and this time it worked, so whatever you guys did in support is now working, thank-you! awesome :)
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working now?
  • Tarrin
    Tarrin
    ✭✭✭
    Nogawd wrote: »
    Working now?
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/262237/pts-content-write-failed/p5
    To give you all an update, we're working on pushing out a potential fix for this issue today, and it will probably be ready in the next couple hours. We'll let you know as soon as it's done, and what steps you need to take (if any).

Thanks for your patience, guys!
    Samurai without a sword
    Like a samurai with the sword
    But without the sword
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys! We just published a fix for this issue. Please close the launcher, re-open, then run a repair for PTS. This should do the trick, but let us know if you're still running into the same problem. Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • TerraPython
    TerraPython
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic! :)

Maybe a bit of a noob question - but I cant find the repair option - is it different on the EU client?
    501CP - Ebonheart Pact - EU/PC
    Lvl50 - Emerian - Stamina DD Nightblade
    Lvl50 - Dintirri - Templar Healer
    Lvl50 - Malik Thos - Dragonknight Tank
    LvL40 - Tyrriath - Stamina Nightblade NonVet PvP

GM of Bad Apples - Casual and fun all levels socail guild, with events. Look me up in game if your interested