The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[SOLVED] PTS - Content Write Failed

• Vicodine
    Vicodine
    ✭✭✭
    Okay - update - even with a system in America, depot_-1to52.z21 files to download. I've dumped the network traffic, the file simply isn't complete.

Man, .z21 I have complete, .z22 is the one that doesn't download at all for me. Is this really that messed up? *** CDN's ... :)
    Thaometh V16 Altmer Templar AD/EU
    Thaometh Ashbringer V10Altmer Dragonknight AD/EU
  • TerraPython
    TerraPython
    ✭✭✭
    @GossiTheDog - So its just not there! There is no hope?! - :(

Makes me very sad - I keep trying to get on this, and it just doesnt work.

Also, if the file is incomplete - how come some people are on the PTS at the moment and able to moan about the wayshrines not working properly! MY GAME isnt work properly! :(
    501CP - Ebonheart Pact - EU/PC
    Lvl50 - Emerian - Stamina DD Nightblade
    Lvl50 - Dintirri - Templar Healer
    Lvl50 - Malik Thos - Dragonknight Tank
    LvL40 - Tyrriath - Stamina Nightblade NonVet PvP

GM of Bad Apples - Casual and fun all levels socail guild, with events. Look me up in game if your interested
  • Khenzy
    Khenzy
    ✭✭✭
    Khenzy wrote: »
    lathbury wrote: »
    Still borked?

Still borked. I'm stuck at Fatal Error 11, which means: "DEF_VERSION_MISMATCH=Fatal Error 11.\nClient will be terminated."

That there's a version Mismatch, wtf?

This is the worst game launcher I ever encountered. The fix is taking too long.

In fairness, it's a Test server... So they've kinda finding a good issue here they need to fix prelaunch.

I'm close to having a fix, I'm pulling the data direct from a working mirror now.

l6FLsez.jpg

No, I mean, I also had a lot of issues (that I had to solve all by myself) with the live client as well not long ago.

Also, waiting for that fix of yours! Good luck!
    Edited by Khenzy on April 28, 2016 12:58PM
  • JustanImage
    JustanImage
    ✭✭✭
    I'm now getting the "WebGet-Request failed" error at 91% and 3524,00 MB pending.

Inside the folder, the file "depot_-1to52.z23" seems to be incomplete, as it's only 1,57 GB while all other parts have 1,86 GB (or maybe it's the last file of the split archive, hence it's smaller, idk.)

Trying to download that thing for 3 days now :\
  • geodev
    geodev
    ✭✭
    I Have the same problem, download stalling at file Z21/Z22 boundary. As there is not much I can do about it, I have been
    perusing my log file for some amusement.
    The launcher can verify all the files up to the Z21/Z22 boundary and is quite happy with them, but fails the checks after that. Which is correct as the files, although up to 2GB in size are still not populated and actually zero size on the disk.

Each large file is split into 478 +/- chunks, and each one verified pass or fail, so when the launcher finishes its verification run it sets files z01 through z20 as complete. So I assume the last chunk of Z21 was suspect ?

Haven't a clue what happened to Z21 as the launcher attempts to start downloading z22 and receives the "great error", then in a fit of pique sets Z20 to incomplete although 99% of Z21 was verified as good. So it probably rolls back though the files until the start ? :).

I couldn't be bothered letting it reverse drive so I stopped the launcher .

Oh, I did notice that the presentation of the advertisements in the launcher were correctly checked and prioritised
  • geodev
    geodev
    ✭✭
    The log file at the beginning sets out the lengths of the files.
    Z23 is supposed to be 1.578 GB and the Zip file is supposed to be 34.58 KB

It is a pity that the old method of downloading a zip file has been superseded by this complex system
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the same happened to me, I guess it was due to too many people downloading or something like that.

pause the download and the run again, that fixed it for me
  • Ghundy
    Ghundy
    ✭✭
    I left this on so that it would download for 2 days before i noticed what happened, now I am out of data for internet and I have half a month left, am going to have to pay extra for internet. :'(
    PC-NA-AD
    Ghundy - Magicka NB 50
    Ghundy Jr - Magicka Sorc 50
    Ghundy Jr Jr - Magicka DK50
    Oxy Clean With Bleach - Magicka Templar 3
    Oxy Clean With Blæch - Stamina Templar 50
    Mighty | Officer - NA's Hardcore Dueling Guild
    Broken Boundaries | Cross Faction Small Group PvP
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Any update? I really wanna try out the PTS before my character copies are deleted :(

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghundy wrote: »
    I left this on so that it would download for 2 days before i noticed what happened, now I am out of data for internet and I have half a month left, am going to have to pay extra for internet. :'(

It's actually crazy you mentioned that because I got an email from my provider telling me I was nearing my cap. I had no clue C.ox internet has a cap on their plans lol. I have used 304GB out of 350GB of my monthly bandwidth. I'm going to attribute at least 160GB of that to PTS :lol:
    Edited by Zyle on April 28, 2016 2:23PM

676 CP
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    I put in a ticket with my Dev Log. I suggest everyone else do the same if you want a reply from them. This thread is getting buried and it took me a while to find it again to get an update.
  • Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same issues here.
    It starts to download, goes up to about 21-22%, then download speed stops. If I press Pause and then Resume, it actually goes backwards to about 12%, then to 6%. I ran Launcher as Administrator just to be safe. Live game was not running while the download was happening.
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, if the file is incomplete - how come some people are on the PTS at the moment and able to moan about the wayshrines not working properly! MY GAME isnt work properly! :(

It's up to Zenimax to fix. It looks like the download WAS okay, however now not so much.
  • Tosoadn
    Tosoadn
    ✭✭
    Was hoping to try this on my day off today. Looks like it's not going to happen.
    Edited by Tosoadn on April 28, 2016 4:26PM
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's up to Zenimax to fix. It looks like the download WAS okay, however now not so much.

This is the conclusion I've come to, there is nothing else that can be done on client end :/ They might need to redistribute those files but I fear they'll wait until first PTS patch.

676 CP
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    To give you all an update, we're working on pushing out a potential fix for this issue today, and it will probably be ready in the next couple hours. We'll let you know as soon as it's done, and what steps you need to take (if any).

Thanks for your patience, guys!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Tarrin
    Tarrin
    ✭✭✭
    To give you all an update, we're working on pushing out a potential fix for this issue today, and it will probably be ready in the next couple hours. We'll let you know as soon as it's done, and what steps you need to take (if any).

Thank you)
    Samurai without a sword
    Like a samurai with the sword
    But without the sword
  • illuminousflux
    illuminousflux
    ✭✭✭

Greatly appreciated! The anticipation of trying to download the PTS for the last 3 days has been killing me. :smile:
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No problem, thanks Gina! When the fix is pushed we should be able to confirm working pretty quick, by just restarting the launcher.
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

:grin: Awesome news, I really thought it was gonna have to wait until patch day! Thank you for the update.

676 CP
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
  • ferryofacheronub17_ESO
    ferryofacheronub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Did everyone who is having this issue remember to install direct X and the redistributable?

I didn't click the X's on reinstallation because i figured I had these programs and now the write error is gone at 23%

I will update if i get in game on PTS
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭

Thank you!!! Okay, that gives me a couple of hours to clean up, put food in the crockpot and finish the laundry. I will then buy a mocha latte and settle in for an awesome evening of PTS!!! :smiley:

• Khenzy
    Khenzy
    ✭✭✭

That's awesome, thank you beautiful.
  • Vicodine
    Vicodine
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like it's working already ? :)

Yay !
    Thaometh V16 Altmer Templar AD/EU
    Thaometh Ashbringer V10Altmer Dragonknight AD/EU
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_AmeliaR @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_TristanK

Can we get some information on this, a fix for this. Really would like to test this out, especially with all the changes don't to Sorcs....
  • AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭
    Did everyone who is having this issue remember to install direct X and the redistributable?

I didn't click the X's on reinstallation because i figured I had these programs and now the write error is gone at 23%

I will update if i get in game on PTS

How do we redownload these? I'm hungry and stuck shopping so not thinking atm lol

Thank you!!! Okay, that gives me a couple of hours to clean up, put food in the crockpot and finish the laundry. I will then buy a mocha latte and settle in for an awesome evening of PTS!!! :smiley:

To reiterate I'm hungry.... So what are you making? Lol
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well I was all set to start the download from work so it would be there when I got home. Turns out I forgot to enable remote desktop when I reinstalled Windows the other day, despite enabling all of my wake on lan features. So I was able to boot my PC and not remote in xD

Anyway, it looks like I likely would have hit another wall with this issue. Can't win.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: I have made it past the 3.5GB mark! Currently at 3.3GB left with no Content Write Failure :smiley:

676 CP
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
  • Khenzy
    Khenzy
    ✭✭✭
    Update from me. It made it to 100% without any issues, it's currently 'Applying patch'. I'll edit if I manage to get in game.

EDIT: Fixed. I'm in. Testing time! :smile:
    Edited by Khenzy on April 28, 2016 7:22PM
  • AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭
    Zyle wrote: »
    Update: I have made it past the 3.5GB mark! Currently at 3.3GB left with no Content Write Failure :smiley:

Let us know if you get it installed! You've been at this as long as I have