The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PTS will not download... "Content Write Error"

• TerraPython
    TerraPython
    ✭✭✭
    WoooHoo! Got past 24%!

Still not sure if I should be doing something to repair this or not?
    501CP - Ebonheart Pact - EU/PC
    Lvl50 - Emerian - Stamina DD Nightblade
    Lvl50 - Dintirri - Templar Healer
    Lvl50 - Malik Thos - Dragonknight Tank
    LvL40 - Tyrriath - Stamina Nightblade NonVet PvP

GM of Bad Apples - Casual and fun all levels socail guild, with events. Look me up in game if your interested
  • BloodMagicLord
    BloodMagicLord
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys! We just published a fix for this issue. Please close the launcher, re-open, then run a repair for PTS. This should do the trick, but let us know if you're still running into the same problem. Thanks!

Seems to be working now, thanks for the fix.
    PC EU | Tank | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart
    STOP CLASS HOMOGENISATION
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    @TerraPython @ZOS_GinaBruno Same issue. the first thing i tried when it showed the CONTENT WRITE FAIL error message was to close the launcher, reopen it and try to do REPAIR, but the REPAIR option doesn't appear.

I will uninstall the PTS and start over. Will update what happens :)
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • bleissa
    bleissa
    What is the size of the PTS download in terms of GB?
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    has this been resolved at all? Was gonna DL the PTS this weekend to give it a test as well
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same problem here on clean install of PTS
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    guess its still going.... can @ZOS_GinaBruno or any other zos member confirm this is being looked into?
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »
    guess its still going.... can @ZOS_GinaBruno or any other zos member confirm this is being looked into?

A fix for this went out yesterday. Are you hitting that same error message, or have you not downloaded yet?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »

A fix for this went out yesterday. Are you hitting that same error message, or have you not downloaded yet?

nevermind lol sorry, just saw the post, thank you for a fast reply though will be downloading it later tonight... just saw that people were having issues with it ( but didnt see a zos reply ( at work so not even supposed to be on here )) shhhhh lol
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on April 29, 2016 1:58PM

• ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys! We just published a fix for this issue. Please close the launcher, re-open, then run a repair for PTS. This should do the trick, but let us know if you're still running into the same problem. Thanks!

Hey, @ZOS_GinaBruno, how would we run a repair if it never completed the download? Sorry if I'm being pedantic here, but the problem was that the download would not complete. Or are you saying that's fixed too?

I just started mine back up so right now it's busy verifying. I guess I'll find out in a couple dozen gigabytes.

EDIT: Ok, I'm now at 67% so if it did not all download before, just start it up again. Thanks!
    Edited by ContraTempo on April 29, 2016 9:19PM
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

• ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, any idea why the download speed is so slow? Do you guys have it throttled at your end? I'm only getting 2.8MB/s though my internet connection is much faster than that. Besides, game patches download MUCH faster than this so obviously something is different.

If I may ask, where is the server from which we download PTS located? I ask because I am just south of Austin, TX, so if it is there (as I understand the NA server is) then there is unlikely to be any bottleneck between that server and me.

And yes, I know that physical proximity is not the same as network proximity, but in the real world they are usually related. If I were in e.g. Australia the signal would have to be routed through a lot more nodes and thus there would be a lot higher chance that one or more of them would be a bottleneck.
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

• keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    Success! I did a clean download again of PTS a few hours ago. Took ~3 hours & went smooth. I have full access.

Thank you,
    @ZOS_GinaBruno ! :smiley:

PS: @ContraTempo My download speeds were ~7.5MB/s but I did it when most of my neighbors were asleep so low traffic on the network.
    Edited by keto3000 on April 29, 2016 11:12PM
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay