Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC/Mac Natch Potes v4.1.0

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
OVERVIEW
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited v4.1.0 is a sneak peek of our final incremental patch before the release of The Elder Scrolls Online: Coast of Hollow Ring and the introduction of underwater combat, flying fish mounts, and Argonian love. It contains a variation of unbelievably good additions and bug fixes. The size of this patch is approximately 42GB.

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, IMPERIAL CITY DLC GAME PACK

Dungeons & Group Content
    Dungeons
    • White Gold Tower
      • The White Gold Tower is now the Black Blue Tower. Please note that some monsters in this dungeon don’t agree with this change, and will need to be convinced via a discussion before you can attack and defeat them in order to advance.

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, THIEVES GUILD DLC GAME PACK

Dungeons & Group Content
    Veteran Maw of Lorkhaj Trial
    • General
      • Reduced the overall difficulty of monsters in this Trial by approximately 2500% to ensure more players are able to complete the content.

Quests & Zones
    General
    • Fixed an issue where you were able to fence items in the Outlaw’s Den in Abah’s Landing. This was never intended, and you will now need to visit a randomly-spawned fence in Tamriel to sell your stolen items as originally intended.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH

Alliance War
    General
    • Eliminated all mosquitos from the jungles of Cyrodiil in order to improve PvP performance.
    • A new item, the Trench Digger, is now available at all Siege merchants in Cyrodiil.
      • Placing the Trench Digger on the ground will begin a channeling spell and create a hole on the battlefield. The longer you channel the spell, the larger the hole will get.
      • Once completed, the hole will be camouflaged for enemy player characters, allowing you to either hide in it or trap other player characters.
      • Please note that Trench Holes can become deep enough to place siege oil on top of them. Killing enemy player characters like this will unlock the exclusive “Firepit” achievement.
    • Significantly improved the AI of Keep guards.
      • Guards can now fall asleep if their outpost hasn’t been attacked for a long time (the exact time is a secret), or can be distracted by birds flying over the Keep, or kittens playing in the Keep yard.
      • Keep an eye out for tell-tale signs and your next raid might even find a postern door that has been forgotten to lock properly.
    • Modified the ruleset for the Azura’s Star campaign so you will no longer be able to engage in combat with other player characters unless you ask nicely first.

Audio
    General
    • To improve overall immersion, we have removed the option to skip NPC voiceover dialogue.

Combat & Gameplay
    General
    • We’ve introduced Master Ranks, a 16-tiered system that allows players to acquire the skill lines of other classes. To advance in the Master Ranks, your character will have complete Cadwell’s Platinum by playing through the content of your alliance again with increased monster levels.
    • Added a new Synergy Synergy system.
      • We heard you like Synergies, so Synergy Synergies are Synergies that synergize with Synergies.
      • Synergizing with a Synergy has small chance to trigger a Synergy Synergy event, which, if synergized with, will activate a Synergy Synergy.
      • Abilities with Synergies can trigger Synergy Synergy events, provided you have synergized with a Synergy Synergy recently.
      • Note: Synergy Synergy Synergies will be introduced in a future patch, to prepare for Synergy Synergy Synergy Synergies.
    • A new class has been added to the game: Bumnog
      • This class specializes in harpy punching, harpy grappling, and harpy trapping.
    • Fixed an issue related to stamina recovery and block, by removing block.

Dragonknight
    • Ardent Flame
      • Fiery Grip: This ability and its morph can now be used to target and pull down entire Keep wall sections.

Nightblade
    • Assassination
      • Assassin’s Blade: To reduce the spamming of executions, this ability will now kill your character if you fail to kill your opponent with it.

Sorcerer
    • Daedric Summoning
      • Fixed an issue where Sorcerers were not using the pets from this line. The Unstable Familiar and Winged Twilight will now always be permanently slotted on your ability bars.

Templar
    • General
      • Possibly made a number of changes to some Templar abilities. We will award 5 gold for each correctly identified change.

Legerdemain
    • Basketry: Added this new ability at level 11 of the Legerdemain skill line.
      • Targeting any Witness NPC with Basketry will place a small basket on their heads for 10 seconds. During this time, they cannot witness crimes.

Crafting & Economy
    General
    • We’ve added a new consumable, the Scroll of Icarian Sight. It increases you jump height by 5000% for a single leap straight up for the next 10 seconds.
      • Scrolls of Icarian Sight also come with a free filled Grand Soul gem.
      • Scrolls of Icarian Sight grant no protection against fall damage.
    • All bankers have been replaced with Daggerfall's favorite banker darling, Angier Stower, who will greet you with the old favorite "Do you know the old saying? Neither a borrower or lender be? Rubbish! Without borrowers or lenders, how would we ever be able to buy or sell anything? But pardon me. Welcome to the bank of Daggerfall."
      • You will not be able to access your bank until Angier finishes sharing her wisdom with you.

Fishing
    • Introduced new, varied fishing rods, ranging from the simple Birch Rod to the Whaling Harpoon. Using the correct rod with the correct bait at the correct fishing hole may significantly increase your chance to catch rare fish.
    • Rare fish spawns, such as the Astral Narwhal, are now hostile when they spot a player with equipped bait.
    • We’ve introduced four new categories of bait:
      • Crustaceans
      • Linnorms
      • Cheese Balls
      • Bosmer
    • Known Issue: Players hooking Dwemer Submersibles will unfortunately be dragged into slaughterfish-infested waters and unable to swim to safety.

Itemization
    • The Collection system is being discontinued.
      • All former collectibles (including DLC) will be converted into items and returned to your inventories.
      • To avoid confusion between these former collectibles and “real” items, they’ll all be labeled with the item type of Trophy, and occupy two inventory slots instead of one.

Crown Store
    General
    • Added a new Crown Store item category, Weapons of Eternal Praise.
      • This item will praise the incredible skills of its owner and the unbelievable size of certain body parts whenever he (or she) kills a PvP opponent, all while calling the loser of a battle a noob who has to learn to play.
      • The weapon will also broadcast excuses should the owner lose a fight because the opponent was zerging, cheating, or caught him while his cat walked over the keyboard.
      • Buyers can chose between 4 different voice-over actors or submit their own audio files for additional crowns.
    • The new Razum-dar-Senche mount is now available in the Crown Store for a limited time!

Dungeons & Group Content
    General
    • A new World Boss has been added to the game: The Random Number God.
      • The Random Number God is balanced for a random number of player characters.
      • When killed, the Random Number God will give a completely random item from all available items in the game.
      • Or not, if it feels like it. Who knows?

Justice System
    General
    • If caught by a guard when you don't have enough gold to pay for your bounty, all city guards will now take your pants.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on April 1, 2016 2:05PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • LaerothKeykalyn
    LaerothKeykalyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    :D
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. Love the Azura one.
    My internet is invalid
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    •A new class has been added to the game: Bumnog •This class specializes in harpy punching, harpy grappling, and harpy trapping.

Ah - khajiit loves you! Also she loves Bumnog!

Yours with paws only for Bumnog
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gotta admit, pretty hilarious.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Justice System
    General
    If caught by a guard when you don't have enough gold to pay for your bounty, all city guards will now take your pants."

Better yet, you get thrown in jail! I love looking out from behind bars in this game lol.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK its pretty clear this is an APril fools joke.....

BUT I will say that some of these things would be AWESOME if implemented.

specifics:
    We’ve added a new consumable, the Scroll of Icarian Sight. It increases you jump height by 5000% for a single leap straight up for the next 10 seconds.

Scrolls of Icarian Sight also come with a free filled Grand Soul gem.
    Scrolls of Icarian Sight grant no protection against fall damage.
    Alliance War
    General

Eliminated all mosquitos from the jungles of Cyrodiil in order to improve PvP performance.
    A new item, the Trench Digger, is now available at all Siege merchants in Cyrodiil.
    Placing the Trench Digger on the ground will begin a channeling spell and create a hole on the battlefield. The longer you channel the spell, the larger the hole will get.
    Once completed, the hole will be camouflaged for enemy player characters, allowing you to either hide in it or trap other player characters.
    Please note that Trench Holes can become deep enough to place siege oil on top of them. Killing enemy player characters like this will unlock the exclusive “Firepit” achievement.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome :D
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fund it! Literally EVERYTHING here is gold and should be in game right now!

But srs, some of those things look like legit good design ideas, like the pvp holes, and sleeping guards. Kinda cool mechanics there. Concerned vMoL might be too hard if you only nerf it by 2500% though.

And of course, Razum-Dar-sench mount, FUND IT!

I love delicious Natch Potes.
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favourite lol

"Fixed an issue related to stamina recovery and block, by removing block."
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Fiery Grip: This ability and its morph can now be used to target and pull down entire Keep wall sections."

WANT

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like how these got posted before 9am.

cat2_adp.jpg
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

• myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB flying fish mount for 20k crowns!

Best patch ever!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Modified the ruleset for the Azura’s Star campaign so you will no longer be able to engage in combat with other player characters unless you ask nicely first." My favourite! I will get a PvE Cyrodiil ;)

Wait. No... this is my favourite... "Possibly made a number of changes to some Templar abilities. We will award 5 gold for each correctly identified change." HAHAHA!
    Edited by MissBizz on April 1, 2016 2:40PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, you can reply to these...
    Synergizing with a Synergy has small chance to trigger a Synergy Synergy event, which, if synergized with, will activate a Synergy Synergy.

fabf21cd9d022072d2b8593e45c93031.jpg

When a Synergy Synergy is triggered, it is truly outrageous!
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmfao please do this for a day, everyone will stop crying about stamina regen nerf :lol:

Fixed an issue related to stamina recovery and block, by removing block.
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH
    Justice System
    General
    • If caught by a guard when you don't have enough gold to pay for your bounty, all city guards will now take your pants.

Damn, you figured out my strategy. Time to stop wearing pants.

• AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Razum-Dar mount and the PvP changes are brilliant.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Legerdemain
    Basketry: Added this new ability at level 11 of the Legerdemain skill line.
    Targeting any Witness NPC with Basketry will place a small basket on their heads for 10 seconds. During this time, they cannot witness crimes.

This one killed me. Remembered the good old video in Skyrim showing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmI799kEOSk
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division Did you see the upcoming Templar changes? You could get rich!

Some other folks I think that need to be pinged... @UrQuan @Applinator @Nestor
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is hilarious!! Thank you, Gina^^

One thing actually sounds like an awesome idea, though:

"Combat & Gameplay
    General
    We’ve introduced Master Ranks, a 16-tiered system that allows players to acquire the skill lines of other classes. To advance in the Master Ranks, your character will have complete Cadwell’s Platinum by playing through the content of your alliance again with increased monster levels."

I totally would play through the home zones again with a maxed character, definitely! ("Cadwell's Platinum" sounds funny, though lol)

Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha these made me laugh out loud.

Thanks, Gina!
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rare fish spawns, such as the Astral Narwhal, are now hostile when they spot a player with equipped bait.

Having world boss style Sea Monsters that rise from the deep to fight players fishing in their territory would be pretty sweet.
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm dying here :lol:
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OVERVIEW
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited v4.1.0 is a sneak peek of our final incremental patch before the release of The Elder Scrolls Online: Coast of Hollow Ring and the introduction of underwater combat, flying fish mounts, and Argonian love. It contains a variation of unbelievably good additions and bug fixes. The size of this patch is approximately 42GB.

All this and only a 42gb download size!

Too bad the flying fish mounts can't be used in the new underwater combat areas. :(
    Edited by Phinix1 on April 1, 2016 2:55PM
  • xxxdcxxx
    xxxdcxxx
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I posted about a bug expecting a solution for me and you are posting for April Fool's day , Well GGWP Zenimax

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2839397#Comment_2839397
    PC-EU
    Fus Ro Dah !
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BEST... NATCHPOTES... EVER!!! :):p<3
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    /kowtow
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :smiley:

Always appreciate a good sense of humor!

@MissBizz - indeed, 5 gold would add up very quickly in when it comes to undocumented Templar changes :wink: