Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

5000 Crowns for the upcoming assistants. Worth it ? ^^

• Rumba1
    Rumba1
    ✭✭✭
    [/quote]

... and you will lose tons of money.
    But yeah... eventually it's your money so spend it as you wish.[/quote]

But as a subscriber the money is already spent, and since I have no need for any more mounts or motifs, it's only wasted money if I don't use it

• Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rumba1 wrote: »
    I bought both, merchant and banker.

I sub and have for nearly two years, had plenty of crowns sitting in the bank, so why not?

With 8 veteran toons, I can station one at each decon and crafting station.
    While one character is out adventuring I need never go back to town, even for repairs since I have plenty of repair kits.

I spend a lot of time doing writs, mostly to get tempers and nirncrux. With this added convenience I will save tons of time.

You can "station one at each decon and crafting station"?
    They dont work that way.You activate it like you activate a mount,and then when your done with them,deactivate them.You dont just leave them somewhere,come back and they are still there.
    Edited by Volkodav on March 31, 2016 8:03PM
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't be touching the assistants till I see the new senche on sale.

I've missed out of the cheetah twice. I shall not miss that crazy demon spawn from the ground cat!

Don't be surprised if it comes with a 5k crown price tag as well.

Actually, let's stop calling this 5k crowns. Let's call this what it truly is. $40
  • Rumba1
    Rumba1
    ✭✭✭
    I call the banker to my questing toon, deposit the items.

switch to my toons stationed at the crafting tables, decon the stuff from the bank

call the banker, and deposit the materials back in the bank and/or store the mats on another bank alt
  • Nolphi
    Nolphi
    ✭✭✭
    Bought both today, bought 22,000 crowns during the sale and I can spare the $50 to make it easier for me and my team to sell and bank. Don't really understand what all the fuzz is about to be honest...ESO remains by far the cheapest form of entertainment, especially if you compute it into a per hour cost. Someone's gotta pay to keep the lights running at ZOS...
    Clan Nolphi Family Gaming
    Follow @kingnolphi on twitter
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »

I sub and have for nearly two years, had plenty of crowns sitting in the bank, so why not?

While one character is out adventuring I need never go back to town, even for repairs since I have plenty of repair kits.

I spend a lot of time doing writs, mostly to get tempers and nirncrux. With this added convenience I will save tons of time.

But yeah... eventually it's your money so spend it as you wish.

What else will someone with a sub spend co

But yeah... eventually it's your money so spend it as you wish.[/quote]

But as a subscriber the money is already spent, and since I have no need for any more mounts or motifs, it's only wasted money if I don't use it

[/quote]

Yeah, kinda backwards logic on that earlier post. Spend crowns on more fancy horses or fancy outfits when you can't wear them all at the same time and they all get played out, or on assistants that you can get value from for 5 years of gameplay. Add in the fact that you have a surplus of crowns due to subbing and it is a no-brainer.
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭

switch to my toons stationed at the crafting tables, decon the stuff from the bank

call the banker, and deposit the materials back in the bank ...

Lol, I've been doing that for a year and a half. Too bad I didn't think about selling my banker add-on for $$$ ...
    bash-head.gif
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vendor is not worth it. The banker is however
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nolphi wrote: »
    Bought both today, bought 22,000 crowns during the sale and I can spare the $50 to make it easier for me and my team to sell and bank. Don't really understand what all the fuzz is about to be honest...ESO remains by far the cheapest form of entertainment, especially if you compute it into a per hour cost. Someone's gotta pay to keep the lights running at ZOS...

If these items were priced appropriately I would agree with you but buying crowns on sale or having a stack from ESO+ doesn't change the fact that 1 assistant is priced at $40. We've been over this point numerous times now. If you find the price reasonable then good for you but the majority of people seem to disagree.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thornen wrote: »

If these items were priced appropriately I would agree with you but buying crowns on sale or having a stack from ESO+ doesn't change the fact that 1 assistant is priced at $40. We've been over this point numerous times now. If you find the price reasonable then good for you but the majority of people seem to disagree.

It does change it. For that person, the assistants were only ~$24 each. It doesn't matter what "regular price" is if you are making your decision knowing what it will cost you.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merlight wrote: »

call the banker, and deposit the materials back in the bank ...

Lol, I've been doing that for a year and a half. Too bad I didn't think about selling my banker add-on for $$$ ...
    bash-head.gif

Too bad you mentioned it, now they will change addons API.
  • mistermutiny89
    mistermutiny89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »

I've missed out of the cheetah twice. I shall not miss that crazy demon spawn from the ground cat!

Actually, let's stop calling this 5k crowns. Let's call this what it truly is. $40

$55 in Australia.

Guild Leader : Defenders Of Miley
    XB1 EU
    EP | VR16 Breton NB -mistermutiny
    AD | VR16 Dunmer DK - Grigori
    AD | VR16 Altmer Sorcerer - Isvoleet
    AD | VR16 Imperial DK - Leonidas
    AD | VR16 Bosmer NB - Hood
    AD | VR16 Breton Templar - Dante
    AD | VR16 Redguard Sorcerer - Raiden
    AD | VR7 Khajiit Templar - Ike'ilyew
    DC | 160 Breton NB - Vergil

"Hmmm... Very convincing.. Does the illusion apply to.. Everywhere? Perhaps this one should have a moment alone in private to double check" - Razum'Dar
  • RocDonald
    RocDonald
    ✭✭✭
    5000 crowns for both and I would probably bite, but not each.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »

They dont work that way.You activate it like you activate a mount,and then when your done with them,deactivate them.You dont just leave them somewhere,come back and they are still there.

Just FYI, if you leave them somewhere, it appears they can be used by
    anyone. Someone left theirs in Orsinium Bank and it was fully functional for me. (I shouted to see if anyone had it turned on and no one admitted it)
    Edited by SpAEkus on March 31, 2016 9:41PM
  • Brightxdawn
    Brightxdawn
    ✭✭✭
    theyre beginning to look like bungie
  • FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Simple answer: nope.

There is no way I would spend that type of money on this.
    Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay
    Obsidian Guard (Social with PvX Events)

Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now. Gamers don't sit around.
    - Jane McGonigal
  • Hemaka
    Hemaka
    ✭✭
    I'll buy that 5k rip-off if zos will buy new servers.
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    5000 Crowns is too much if you ask me... It should be Free. And im someone who spend money on Crowns....
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)
    - Playstation 4 (Since 2015)

- Known for Trading & Guilds
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people think everything should be free? Dont like the price dont buy it.
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    at least the jester costume is priced reasonably.....
  • captainwolfos
    captainwolfos
    ✭✭✭✭
    theyre beginning to look like bungie

...I've got that in my head to the tune of "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas"

Make it stop
    Enemy of Boob Plates
    For the Covenant! For the High King!
    Solo Player | PVEer | Not caring about PVP since 1992
    Spill some blood for me, dear brother
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Thornen wrote: »

It does change it. For that person, the assistants were only ~$24 each. It doesn't matter what "regular price" is if you are making your decision knowing what it will cost you.

Sorry if I'm not clear what I am saying is it doesn't change the fact that Zos put these at that price.
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »

$55 in Australia.

Um if you buy crowns via Zos store theyre only $40, its charged in AUD.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

call the banker, and deposit the materials back in the bank and/or store the mats on another bank alt

This one makes sense.
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    Volkodav wrote: »

Just FYI, if you leave them somewhere, it appears they can be used by
    anyone. Someone left theirs in Orsinium Bank and it was fully functional for me. (I shouted to see if anyone had it turned on and no one admitted it)

Really? I didnt know this. That's either cool,..or,..not so cool.Depending on who one talks to.Cool for the person using it,but ZOS might not like it.
    (Ssssshhh! Dont tell them!)
  • WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭✭
    glad people are posting how they feel. hopefully they will lower the cost or add more functionality to them. I don't want the next repair assistant or guild banker be 5k as well...
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    glad people are posting how they feel. hopefully they will lower the cost or add more functionality to them. I don't want the next repair assistant or guild banker be 5k as well...

I dont think it matters much how people feel. It matters how well they sell. If sales dont meet projections they will lower the price.
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why isn't there any Guild Banker Assistents?
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)
    - Playstation 4 (Since 2015)

- Known for Trading & Guilds
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    reguvin wrote: »
    Why isn't there any Guild Banker Assistents?

Waaay too many guilds for that.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't believe there will ever be a repair assistant because it would take income away from people buying Crown Repair Kits. Also, a Guild Trader assistant wouldn't help keep cities full of people... so I think ZOS wants to keep some 'reason' for players to actually travel to cities.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    Greetings all,

We are glad to see everyone voicing their opinions in regards to the assistance. Now as this thread has become rather heated, we have removed a few posts for Flaming to help keep this civil and constructive.
    Flaming: It’s okay to disagree and debate on the official ESO forums, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic. If a discussion gets heated and turns into a debate, remember that you should stick to debating the post and/or thread topic. It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the thread discussion.

But are you people actually TAKING NOTE of the sentiments here? This is GREED, pure and simple. Greed.

Did someone say: 'Let's see how far we can fleece our players before they stop paying'?

That price for full functionality, then maybe, yes, but for gimped services that you can get better in town? NO.

They are a business out to make money. Greed is good.

A business in a free market economy operates under the fair exchange concept, this entire argument/complaint from the community is that most feel this is not a fair exchange.

And greed is NOT good, that's why Dante considered it one of the Seven Deadly Sins...
    Edited by nimander99 on March 31, 2016 11:50PM
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450