The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Yall know Azura's Star right? Guess what happened when it changed to Non-champ on PS4.

threefarms
threefarms
✭✭✭
The campaign population plummeted. ZOS is so stupid.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happened on PC too.

This isn't ZOS being stupid though. They were responding to fan demand. From all those people who were sure that CP was the source of all their woes in Cyrodiil, and wanted it gone.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was specifically requested by some people, it just appears that those people were either not actually heavy PvPers or there are extremely few of them.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Revenge of the Attack of the Vocal Minority Menace.
    signing off
  • AOECAPS
    AOECAPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will become an AD buff server they are the only ones in there with population.bad thing about this is Haderus will soon be laggy as balls like Azura was since it's completely pop locked. Only silver lining is that all servers are actually full of fights all the time it looks like buff servers might be going extinct thankfully. Got sick of only having 2 options for Cyrodiil play
  • Bossdonut
    Bossdonut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may as well have been empty anyways considering the lag was so bad time actually slowed down.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »

Usually that's not actually a real thing, this time it looks like it is.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The funny thing about this on Xbox NA our Azura Star campaign wasn't competitive like the rest of the other Campaign so nothing really changed for us.
  • mistermutiny89
    mistermutiny89
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^This. People cried and cried about others being too OP because of champion points, so they go and cap champion points THEN bring out a no CP campaign.

The no CP campaign should have come out first, if only to prove to the whiners that it has nothing to do with Cp and caps should never have been enforced.

Remember people, when you die in pvp, it's generally your own fault. I mean I die all the time in Pvp, I'm rubbish, I could go on about lag or my 200-300 constant ping living in Australia on Xbox but I'm not forcing a change that debilitates others.

Guild Leader : Defenders Of Miley
    XB1 EU
    EP | VR16 Breton NB -mistermutiny
    AD | VR16 Dunmer DK - Grigori
    AD | VR16 Altmer Sorcerer - Isvoleet
    AD | VR16 Imperial DK - Leonidas
    AD | VR16 Bosmer NB - Hood
    AD | VR16 Breton Templar - Dante
    AD | VR16 Redguard Sorcerer - Raiden
    AD | VR7 Khajiit Templar - Ike'ilyew
    DC | 160 Breton NB - Vergil

"Hmmm... Very convincing.. Does the illusion apply to.. Everywhere? Perhaps this one should have a moment alone in private to double check" - Razum'Dar
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL what a surprise. Meanwhile, on True Flame NA, it's PVP as usual.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, what's funny is that the non-CP campaign was requested before CP were capped. Like most things ZOS does, they take forever to do them and by the time the change actually happens it is too little, too late.

IIRC, the request for non-CP campaigns was in response to players having 500+ CP versus those with far less. Once the 501 cap was in place along with the reduced cost for CP, much of the imbalance was fixed or at least minimized. This was also before ZOS made any effot to balance CP as they did with TG.
    Edited by Hiero_Glyph on March 25, 2016 3:09AM
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭

^This. People cried and cried about others being too OP because of champion points, so they go and cap champion points THEN bring out a no CP campaign.

The no CP campaign should have come out first, if only to prove to the whiners that it has nothing to do with Cp and caps should never have been enforced.

Remember people, when you die in pvp, it's generally your own fault. I mean I die all the time in Pvp, I'm rubbish, I could go on about lag or my 200-300 constant ping living in Australia on Xbox but I'm not forcing a change that debilitates others.

actually, after playing on BWB with CP and now no CP, theres is not ' invincible ' players that just don't die, or players that perma wrecking blow or perma dodge, or just instantly kill you, so yes, it had ALOT to do with cp, as me only having 100 cp, i was getting slaughtered, now that its gone, i find myself standing a fair, and good chance at defeating people
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I started in BETA on PC and back in the old Days there was no Champion Points at all.
    And Cyrodiil was still Full with Players.

So it doesn't matter if the Campaign has CP or no CP.
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)
    - Playstation 4 (Since 2015)

- Known for Trading & Guilds
  • x_Nathan_F
    x_Nathan_F
    ✭✭✭
    reguvin wrote: »
    I started in BETA on PC and back in the old Days there was no Champion Points at all.
    And Cyrodiil was still Full with Players.

So it doesn't matter if the Campaign has CP or no CP.

Xbox one EU azuras star was the main campaign, after the non-cp change it was deserted.
  • AFrostWolf
    AFrostWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    The no Cp works fine in Non vet. It's just as populated as it was before and it's much more fun to play there. The only reason the Vet version failed is because of population imbalances.
  • Lyrebon
    Lyrebon
    ✭✭✭
    Azura's Star is actually pretty populated and active at all hours throughout the day. I know because I've played there several times and always found something to do with large groups of people.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFrostWolf wrote: »
    The no Cp works fine in Non vet. It's just as populated as it was before and it's much more fun to play there. The only reason the Vet version failed is because of population imbalances.

To be fair, CP should never have made it onto Blackwater Blade. I still say the no-CP vet server was a bad idea, but Blackwater Blade? No, that's supposed to be new players. Hell, I'd be happy if Blackwater Blade locked permanently for players who've started earning CP on their account. Let the new guys get a taste for PvP before feeding them to the sharks.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    This was specifically requested by some people, it just appears that those people were either not actually heavy PvPers or there are extremely few of them.

Much of the call for a no-CP campaign stopped with the new cap and catch-up mechanic. No-CP campaigns made sense back when you had people with 800 CP running around and the linear cost of CP made it virtually impossible for people to catch up.

The CP cap and generous catch-up mechanic was the fix that they needed (and a better fix than a no-CP campaign, IMO), so it made no sense to create a vet no-CP campaign at this point. But there were a lot of players--including people who primarily PvP--who wanted a no-CP campaign back in the day.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Console has been complaining about high CP and PC transfer bogeymen since launch.

Now you finally have a place with a level playing field. Play there. Or don't. But don't be salty that it exists.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Recremen wrote: »

Much of the call for a no-CP campaign stopped with the new cap and catch-up mechanic. No-CP campaigns made sense back when you had people with 800 CP running around and the linear cost of CP made it virtually impossible for people to catch up.

The CP cap and generous catch-up mechanic was the fix that they needed (and a better fix than a no-CP campaign, IMO), so it made no sense to create a vet no-CP campaign at this point. But there were a lot of players--including people who primarily PvP--who wanted a no-CP campaign back in the day.

Actually, the number being thrown around back then was 1k CP... Which actually got a ZOS response telling us there were, literally, only two players with over 1k CP.

Realistically people with less than 100 were getting rolled by people with less than 200, and then crying foul.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It happened on PC too.

This isn't ZOS being stupid though. They were responding to fan demand. From all those people who were sure that CP was the source of all their woes in Cyrodiil, and wanted it gone.

And as most can see alot of players are pretty powerless with out it
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happened on PC too.

And as most can see alot of players are pretty powerless with out it

I don't think it's that... exactly. More that people who have CP aren't eager to play in an environment that makes them feel like that effort was wasted.

I mean, I've been derping around in there pretty happily, even missed the Emperor Assassination achievement by about 20 minutes, but the place is mostly dead outside of some very small clusters of players.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why do we still have a CP cap seeing as this campaign exists?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do we still have a CP cap seeing as this campaign exists?

The CP cap also serves to gate player progression, so you don't have someone "finishing it" in under a year and then complaining about how there's nothing to do.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup! It died just like we all thought it would.

Why not pick Haderus? Did you really have to make the central campaign, AZURA'S STAR, non-cp?

It's kind of an ironic name now.... Azura's Star is the server where you can't access champion stars.....
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The No cp campaign is really good and fun and even if i have 400 CP (a little above average) i live there now, anyway the choice to change the "main" pvp campaign is still a mystery for me.

At least they could give anyone a free respec after 2-3 days if they really wanted that everybody try the new rules, oh well is late now.
    Signature

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »
    Yup! It died just like we all thought it would.

Why not pick Haderus? Did you really have to make the central campaign, AZURA'S STAR, non-cp?

It's kind of an ironic name now.... Azura's Star is the server where you can't access champion stars.....

Well... it is a soul gem...
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why theres so much complaining about Azure's after the TG update...

It was the most populated campaign, where the largest portion of PvP players were. The campaign suffered from massive performance issues, and now they are fixed.

Sure, theres no players in the campaign, but at least the performance issues plaguing the campaign are gone :blush:
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    threefarms wrote: »
    The campaign population plummeted. ZOS is so stupid.

Azura is doing fine lots of people playing there all the time...
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I know Azura's Star on PS4 NA hasn't plummeted in population.
    Still see the same 3 way conflicts as before.
    Still see Yellow and Blue team up to wipe reds off the map, til we get back online and push them back like we always do.
    Still get killed and get kills.
    Nothing has really changed as far as I can tell.
    Argonian forever
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was on Aura Star then I jumped ship as soon as they removed CP, I get the idea of having a no CP campaign but why pick the most populated one.