Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Yall know Azura's Star right? Guess what happened when it changed to Non-champ on PS4.

• Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they should take that into consideration when they do all those heavy-handed nerfs. There might not be an actual problem, just a vocal minority with an axe to grind. Azura's could be a learning moment for ZOS.
  • AOECAPS
    AOECAPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know Azura's Star on PS4 NA hasn't plummeted in population.
    Still see the same 3 way conflicts as before.
    Still see Yellow and Blue team up to wipe reds off the map, til we get back online and push them back like we always do.
    Still get killed and get kills.
    Nothing has really changed as far as I can tell.
    Lol EP has never done that lol. Red won 1 campaign when most of DC guilds left. Keep dreaming though pal all EP players are good at is pvdooring minus a select few
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are more used to CP now and are starting to like the crutch it provides. Others are finally getting enough CP to know the thrill of beating others (just because they have more CP) and pretending they are actually good.

Non-CP gameplay is more challenging but more rewarding. But given the option, most people will just revert to what they are used to since everyone is geared for max damage depending on the CP system for sustain. The PvP gameplay was so much better when the game was about resource management and not unlimited resource builds you have to time burst to kill.

The entire crapeon system is the biggest cancer that has ever been added to this game.

Funny that you think Azuras is so dead. Look at some of the names on the leaderboard with over 1mil AP. I think some of the older AD guilds have a vested interested in keeping Azuras looking like its dead. Yet they actively defend it and try to squash any competition that arises.
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The no CP campaign is the best thing to happen to PvP in over a year. Try it out, you might like it.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why do we still have a CP cap seeing as this campaign exists?

The CP cap also serves to gate player progression, so you don't have someone "finishing it" in under a year and then complaining about how there's nothing to do.
    Well here is the ironic part.....Im at the 501 cap and now I find myself with nothing to do.

Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on March 25, 2016 7:55AM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Console has been complaining about high CP and PC transfer bogeymen since launch.

Now you finally have a place with a level playing field. Play there. Or don't. But don't be salty that it exists.

Because of the cap people have caught up to them though. So there was really no need for no CP campaigns.
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am surprised they didn't seize this opportunity to make one Azura's Star and one new pvp server for no cp Black Star referencing the experiment going on in Skyrim.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you talking about? On PC EU Azura is the most populated right after Trueflame, which is the new main for CP campaigns.

Making no cp campaigns was a great idea. It allows people like me, with 250 cp, to play in an environment where i am not gimped. If you are at CP cap, this was not made for you, and you can focus elsewhere. But please stop bitching about. Thank you.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    aoe caps are imho the source of lag in cyro
  • Oldmanlawlor
    Oldmanlawlor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xbox eu, my blue guilds stayed in Azura.

And it's still majorly blue.

Only crap players relying on cp to win left it.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC NA we are having a blast in Azura. At times we have 3 full bars on two factions and have tons of fights. With CP out of the mix you have to rely on more skill and build and either sacrifice regen or damage. As time goes on we will get more and more people back into that campaign.

When you can't stand the lag from the over populated CP campaign go give Azura a try. You might find you like it as it is.....
    NA Server - Kildair
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The non-CP campaign is pretty fun. Fights aren't one shots, you have to watch resources, and tanky builds work better without absurd amounts of armor penetration. The problem is the population is too low.

The guilds/groups that are constantly pushing the campaign are in other campaigns, too afraid of losing their high CP advantage.

That is a major issue with PVP in general; most would rather fight where the have a clear advantage over a large number rather than have a fair and balanced fight. I invite anyone to come over on a week night and fight, try taking the map, the place just needs a spark.

Also surprised more duel guilds like LEGEND don't use the campaign. If you want to make sure a duel is on a level playing field CP wise, there is no better place. Maybe it's more of an issue that no streamers like @Sypher have put out builds to copy though.
    Edited by HeroOfNone on March 25, 2016 1:25PM
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »
    The guilds/groups that are constantly pushing the campaign are in other campaigns, too afraid of losing their high CP advantage.

QFT
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol azura on eu pc is awesome! The population balance is perfect. Enough players to have decent fights, but a lot less lag than trueflame.
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In my case, I still had fun playing on non-CP campaign. I just want to play on whichever campaign has lots of battles across the map at all hours.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been loving azuras now actually. Didn't think i would bit it's great
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AOECAPS wrote: »
    I know Azura's Star on PS4 NA hasn't plummeted in population.
    Still see the same 3 way conflicts as before.
    Still see Yellow and Blue team up to wipe reds off the map, til we get back online and push them back like we always do.
    Still get killed and get kills.
    Nothing has really changed as far as I can tell.
    Lol EP has never done that lol. Red won 1 campaign when most of DC guilds left. Keep dreaming though pal all EP players are good at is pvdooring minus a select few

Yeah, bud the Green Zerg balls were real!
  • MoeCoastie
    MoeCoastie
    ✭✭✭
    Mob is a fickle bunch. Look at all the excuses on why not to play on non-CP campaign. at this point, ZoS 1 - Community 0.

I have no clue why ZoS chose Azuras..my theory is most of the whines about CP came from "hardcore PvPers" wanting to complain about everything under the sun. So ZoS just stuck it in your face that what you think you want..you really have no clue.

Come on with more excuses ppl.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AFrostWolf wrote: »
    The no Cp works fine in Non vet. It's just as populated as it was before and it's much more fun to play there. The only reason the Vet version failed is because of population imbalances.

To be fair, CP should never have made it onto Blackwater Blade. I still say the no-CP vet server was a bad idea, but Blackwater Blade? No, that's supposed to be new players. Hell, I'd be happy if Blackwater Blade locked permanently for players who've started earning CP on their account. Let the new guys get a taste for PvP before feeding them to the sharks.

Why would you want them to not have access to more experienced PvPers in a Campaign?

No CP/No VRs should of been enough to even the playing field while letting Veteran players jump in and run with their friends who just got the game or just started playing PvP.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm more surprised on why it's existence bugs people so.

It's more of a "why not?" than a "why?"
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lyrebon wrote: »
    Azura's Star is actually pretty populated and active at all hours throughout the day. I know because I've played there several times and always found something to do with large groups of people.

I had a blast playing in Azura's tonight. Lots of fights, relatively balanced pop (although I think much of EP was hiding or in IC), no lag. No tower farms, no toxic zone chat, no ball groups, no 22k heavy attacks. Just a bunch of people having fun fighting each other.

I wasn't sure that to expect, but I'll be back.
  • CaptainBeerDude
    CaptainBeerDude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Revenge of the Attack of the Vocal Minority Menace.

^This. People cried and cried about others being too OP because of champion points, so they go and cap champion points THEN bring out a no CP campaign.

The no CP campaign should have come out first, if only to prove to the whiners that it has nothing to do with Cp and caps should never have been enforced.

Remember people, when you die in pvp, it's generally your own fault. I mean I die all the time in Pvp, I'm rubbish, I could go on about lag or my 200-300 constant ping living in Australia on Xbox but I'm not forcing a change that debilitates others.

I wish my ping got as low as 200-300...
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    aoe caps are imho the source of lag in cyro

Honestly, this is probably true.
  • Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox NA we just farm the hell out of the Arena for Motiffs
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firerock2 wrote: »
    The no CP campaign is the best thing to happen to PvP in over a year. Try it out, you might like it.

Tried it out. Didn't like it. You have much less chance of 1vXing because you no longer have the resources to get away from root spam or zergs by healing/shielding/rolling through damage like you need to. 1vX is still possible, just less fun and more difficult (370CP range). Perfect for Blackwater Blade though no question. Purely a Solo player's POV.

Another Note: Azura's Star is now an AD buff server. Goodbye chances at Non-CP Vet PvP....
    Edited by Vaoh on March 28, 2016 5:26AM
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

QFT

And when one of those guilds shows up in Azuras and stomps flat every single smug idiot in this thread, what will the excuse be then?

Cant crutch on CP excuses anymore...

Let me elaborate. A lot of you people in this thread are of the assumption that people cant play without CP, they cant play while gimping themselves. I tell you there are very few players that are actually as good as they say they are on these forums. Ive sought MANY of them out, and was horribly disappointed at how trash their general knowledge of game mechanics are. Most of them, and I am not saying you because I dont know YOU, but most of them are just trashcans trying to find a justification for why they are complete trash. "ermagerd its the CP, its gotta be, I am the best player ESO without it, come at me bro" Fine, i come at you, I end you in 3 seconds, and then its something else "you used cheese, take off your v16 gold gears" K, so now im in greens, no set bonuses, AND I STILL STOMP YOU FLAT. Why? because I can play the game. I dont make excuses, I dont hide behind artificial community constructs of "honor doolz or you cannot use ability X"

(as an aside, one of these adventures ended up as a naked Lyzara killing someone with resto heavy attacks, after every excuse in the book, and about 10-12 "duels" with varying gear before that, all losses for them. at that point i logged)

I just play, and min max, and play some more. So this whole mentality of "u sux without cp" is just a joke to me. I really want to see one of the stronger guilds show up in Azuras now, just to laugh my ass off at the fallout and plethora of reasons the fanboys of the no cp system lost the fights.

Group synergy, strat, and game knowledge will always beat build, cp spread, and 1v1 ability. Every single time.

Doubt me? Lets see if any of the EP guilds have the stones to show up. I can think of one...
    Edited by Rylana on March 28, 2016 5:55AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

QFT

And when one of those guilds shows up in Azuras and stomps flat every single smug idiot in this thread, what will the excuse be then?

Cant crutch on CP excuses anymore...

Let me elaborate. A lot of you people in this thread are of the assumption that people cant play without CP, they cant play while gimping themselves. I tell you there are very few players that are actually as good as they say they are on these forums. Ive sought MANY of them out, and was horribly disappointed at how trash their general knowledge of game mechanics are. Most of them, and I am not saying you because I dont know YOU, but most of them are just trashcans trying to find a justification for why they are complete trash. "ermagerd its the CP, its gotta be, I am the best player ESO without it, come at me bro" Fine, i come at you, I end you in 3 seconds, and then its something else "you used cheese, take off your v16 gold gears" K, so now im in greens, no set bonuses, AND I STILL STOMP YOU FLAT. Why? because I can play the game. I dont make excuses, I dont hide behind artificial community constructs of "honor doolz or you cannot use ability X"

(as an aside, one of these adventures ended up as a naked Lyzara killing someone with resto heavy attacks, after every excuse in the book, and about 10-12 "duels" with varying gear before that, all losses for them. at that point i logged)

I just play, and min max, and play some more. So this whole mentality of "u sux without cp" is just a joke to me. I really want to see one of the stronger guilds show up in Azuras now, just to laugh my ass off at the fallout and plethora of reasons the fanboys of the no cp system lost the fights.

Group synergy, strat, and game knowledge will always beat build, cp spread, and 1v1 ability. Every single time.

Doubt me? Lets see if any of the EP guilds have the stones to show up. I can think of one...

The non-CP campaign is WONDERFUL. There is so much balance between the classes, fights are more meaningful, and you have to really know your class to be effective. I love it there. I've been living in it the past couple weeks, and I'm probably not going to leave it often. When you die, you know it's because you either messed up, or someone equally or more skilled killed you. It's amazing.

Keep sieges are extremely fun, siege actually does damage, and the fights can either end quickly or go on forever; it's really quite glorious.

I've played my magicka sorcerer, my magicka templar, and my stamina nightblade in there, and the balance between stamina and magicka is so good in Azura's. People sit there and complain and whine about balance, but refuse to try out the nonCP campaign. Sure, you have to build entirely different for the campaign. I put on more regen and have adjusted sets to accommodate, but it's so worth it.

HOWEVER: I still play in the CP campaigns as well and enjoy it. There are extremely skilled players there are well, and they're tons of fun to play in, except with lag. Ahhh, that's another thing Azura's seems to be able to not lag out all the time.

I hope they never take the campaign away.

But I agree with you Rylana, it's really, really annoying hearing the CP excuse these days. EVERYONE has access to get the CP cap, so why is it that people still say "you only beat me because you rely on CP". A good player is a good player, CP or not.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »

Tried it out. Didn't like it. You have much less chance of 1vXing because you no longer have the resources to get away from root spam or zergs by healing/shielding/rolling through damage like you need to. 1vX is still possible, just less fun and more difficult (370CP range). Perfect for Blackwater Blade though no question. Purely a Solo player's POV.

Another Note: Azura's Star is now an AD buff server. Goodbye chances at Non-CP Vet PvP....

No it's not. It's been contested heavily past week. DC held emp for like 3 days, and has now grabbed it again (HAIL FILTHY CASUL). There's action ALL the time almost all day there. Good fights all around.

I also solo a lot, and I've had no problems 1vXing.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »

Maybe its harder for you to 1vX because you don't have an advantage over other people with CP. At least for me I notice that it is way easier to 1vX on the No CP Campaign with the main reason being that nobody is hitting for 10k+. Maybe it's due to my lack of CP (I just hit 200) but on the No CP Campaign I 1vX way more than I do on the other campaigns. You should drop some of the damage on your build and replace it with some sustainability, and then give the no CP campaign another try. One of the great things about this campaign is that because people have to focus on sustainability and resource management the ttk has gone up. That makes a far more enjoyable experience in my opinion.
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weekdays --> CP campaign. Cos no lag and its fun!

Weekends --> Dear god have mercy pls pls No-CP campaign only for me. TF lagballlzzzaskoas;asfasfasfasfasfas

Like seriously. Azuras being no-cp is the best thing ESO has ever had. Lets me play a decent pvp campaign on weekend prime times without experiencing 1 fps...... I have a Nvidia 980 with fibre optics 1Gbps max capped speed for internet.... I should not be seeing 1 fps ever....
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz