Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Yall know Azura's Star right? Guess what happened when it changed to Non-champ on PS4.

• Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    threefarms wrote: »
    The campaign population plummeted. ZOS is so stupid.

In fact there's descent number of people on EU PS4 who have fun on Azura, and i think that changing it to no-cp is rare not so stupid decision: it did split population numbers which was intended to do.
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on March 28, 2016 10:11AM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »
    Firerock2 wrote: »
    The no CP campaign is the best thing to happen to PvP in over a year. Try it out, you might like it.

Tried it out. Didn't like it. You have much less chance of 1vXing because you no longer have the resources to get away from root spam or zergs by healing/shielding/rolling through damage like you need to. 1vX is still possible, just less fun and more difficult (370CP range). Perfect for Blackwater Blade though no question. Purely a Solo player's POV.

Another Note: Azura's Star is now an AD buff server. Goodbye chances at Non-CP Vet PvP....

No it's not. It's been contested heavily past week. DC held emp for like 3 days, and has now grabbed it again (HAIL FILTHY CASUL). There's action ALL the time almost all day there. Good fights all around.

I also solo a lot, and I've had no problems 1vXing.

Really? Good to know. Last I checked (1-2 days ago) it had 3 bars AD, 1 bar EP, and 0 bars DC. Switched campaigns because I thought it was dead. Glad to hear it's back to normal. Will wait for my guest campaign to wear out before going back!
    The no CP campaign is the best thing to happen to PvP in over a year. Try it out, you might like it.

Tried it out. Didn't like it. You have much less chance of 1vXing because you no longer have the resources to get away from root spam or zergs by healing/shielding/rolling through damage like you need to. 1vX is still possible, just less fun and more difficult (370CP range). Perfect for Blackwater Blade though no question. Purely a Solo player's POV.

Another Note: Azura's Star is now an AD buff server. Goodbye chances at Non-CP Vet PvP....

Maybe its harder for you to 1vX because you don't have an advantage over other people with CP. At least for me I notice that it is way easier to 1vX on the No CP Campaign with the main reason being that nobody is hitting for 10k+. Maybe it's due to my lack of CP (I just hit 200) but on the No CP Campaign I 1vX way more than I do on the other campaigns. You should drop some of the damage on your build and replace it with some sustainability, and then give the no CP campaign another try. One of the great things about this campaign is that because people have to focus on sustainability and resource management the ttk has gone up. That makes a far more enjoyable experience in my opinion.

Strange concept, but everyone has CPs in a CP-enabled campaign....not just me. No advantage to speak of. I sit around 370CP-375CP right now. Nothing OP or near the cap about that.

You are very much on the low end of the spectrum so I recommend you stay in the non-CP campaign or run some vet pledges/Maelstrom Arena sometimes to bump it up.

When on the Non-CP campaign I use the same gear that I use on a CP campaign, which happens to be built around sustain, so if anything this patch catered to my build. I have no issues 1v1 - 1v2, but if a group of 6+ players catches you then they can spam roots/Wrecking Blow and bugs like double CC are far more dangerous without extra resources. With my CPs I have more survivability against these types of bugs/hopeless encounters and therefore a better chance and maneuvering away and then singling them out so I can begin fighting back.

Tbh, I find myself absolutely massacring people even in 1v2 on the non-CP campaign because they almost always have built around too much damage and run out of resources quickly. Max damage has never been my build archetype, and is the reason I can 1vX very well under nonlaggy - slightly laggy scenarios.
    Edited by Vaoh on March 28, 2016 10:20AM
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    Non cp campaign is waaaaay better fun than people think of it. Not being able to be your Fotm magica or stamina instakiller build? awwwwww so cute!
  • Shogunami
    Shogunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    It happened on PC too.

It did?

Not on EU Azura, it's as full of life as ever and PvP is almost balanced for once. It's great!
    -
    "I think Orcs first turned a bear head into food because it looks amazing." -Orzorga.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Emptier campaign was predictable...

The people who 'demanded' it were mostly people who had few or zero CP.
    The only way to avoid getting CP is to not play the game.

Thus the likelihood was that most people asking for a No-CP campaign were people who did not play much and would be, at best, going to play a little more if they got their wish.

Of those 50% have probably discovered that lack of CP was not the reason they died a lot but lack of some other thing.

Others have since got CP and will be playing elsewhere anyway.

However if ZOS can afford to keep the campaign open for those who do enjoy it then why not? Play as you want was always the ethos of the game and the wider TES series.

IMO that should open up another special campaign with a group size cap for those who go on about small scale (like wars always are) all the time - let them have their small groups and stop gimping everyone else with changes designed to keep the solo streamers happy and feeling l33t.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have nearly 600 cp and i prefer wayyyy more the non cp. Cp is just such an full o shite way to buff up hardcore/elite players to become monster players + make minmaxing way too easy, instead of giving us way more build options it just make certain few build more optimal> magica sorcs, stamina nb and magica nb for being few. Templars life is... well tricky as usual! no escape button just pots and after one cool down its gone. CP benefit escape classes way more than dk:s and templars.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    This was specifically requested by some people, it just appears that those people were either not actually heavy PvPers or there are extremely few of them.

They left the game....all three PvP guilds I joined last year on Xbox one leads me to believe that. (No other proof)
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kuro-dono wrote: »
    I have nearly 600 cp and i prefer wayyyy more the non cp. Cp is just such an full o shite way to buff up hardcore/elite players to become monster players + make minmaxing way too easy, instead of giving us way more build options it just make certain few build more optimal> magica sorcs, stamina nb and magica nb for being few. Templars life is... well tricky as usual! no escape button just pots and after one cool down its gone. CP benefit escape classes way more than dk:s and templars.

Since you would rather be argumentative instead of just playing your way and letting others enjoy theirs I will simply say - you are talking nonsense, CP add a few points here and there which definitely can improve a build but are not going to be game changing against anyone who knows what they are doing.
    GM - Malazan
    Legio Mortuum
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    hahahahahahaa, cp not game changing? :D

when you put 100 point into one line you get 25% buff. if thats not alot, then i dont know what is alot.

Thats how minmax builders work. they do the 100 into one, shield stackers> full 100 to bastion, magica deto bombers> full to.. you know which cp lines and you get stuff like 20k deto bomb and 26k ish meteor. 7k dot ticks... catch the numers and how different they are for folks for who have no clue?
    Edited by kuro-dono on March 28, 2016 12:58PM
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not, not game changing - in the sense that if you have no playing skills having 501 CP is not going to make you a good player.

All the max/min builds come with a cost - if you dump 100cp into one area then you will not have them somewhere else.

Balance doesn't mean that everyone has exactly the same stats - it means that overall strengths and weaknesses of particular classes and builds balance out... stack too much damage and you are going to run into someone who stacked all their points in crit resist and physical defence while still having enough base damage to take you down. That is going to be true with or without CP.

GM - Malazan
    Legio Mortuum
  • LBxFinalDeath
    LBxFinalDeath
    ✭✭✭✭
    On xbone NA it just went from a split campaign inbetween all factions to just being pop locked EP 24/7 with zero bars for the other factions.

Yet another server DC has no chance in.
    Edited by LBxFinalDeath on March 28, 2016 2:07PM
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Since you would rather be argumentative instead of just playing your way and letting others enjoy theirs I will simply say - you are talking nonsense, CP add a few points here and there which definitely can improve a build but are not going to be game changing against anyone who knows what they are doing.
    Now CP gives way to much dps and protection, i can differ people just by casting dark flare: if target have a little CP - he will be at 20% health from one cast and my templar is not a glass canon build, not at all, i bet jullianos+stupid alchemist+100 into elemental expert will oneshot such people, which is completely wrong.
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on March 28, 2016 2:20PM
  • Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AOECAPS wrote: »
    I know Azura's Star on PS4 NA hasn't plummeted in population.
    Still see the same 3 way conflicts as before.
    Still see Yellow and Blue team up to wipe reds off the map, til we get back online and push them back like we always do.
    Still get killed and get kills.
    Nothing has really changed as far as I can tell.
    Lol EP has never done that lol. Red won 1 campaign when most of DC guilds left. Keep dreaming though pal all EP players are good at is pvdooring minus a select few

@AOECAPS

http://xboxclips.com/Burning+Talons/e1f548e5-1588-44e8-80fe-e32c9e19f5ea
    http://xboxclips.com/Burning+Talons/03d56d8f-b3b4-4fc4-ba88-f6fb6f43819b
    We suck? Well to bad we cant just team up with the opposing factions
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe its harder for you to 1vX because you don't have an advantage over other people with CP. At least for me I notice that it is way easier to 1vX on the No CP Campaign with the main reason being that nobody is hitting for 10k+. Maybe it's due to my lack of CP (I just hit 200) but on the No CP Campaign I 1vX way more than I do on the other campaigns. You should drop some of the damage on your build and replace it with some sustainability, and then give the no CP campaign another try. One of the great things about this campaign is that because people have to focus on sustainability and resource management the ttk has gone up. That makes a far more enjoyable experience in my opinion.

Like you said, it's because folks hit less Hardin the non-CP campaign that most 1vX builds don't work. Most of them rely on killing quickly to get ultimate or getting onto the next guy. When you r abilities hit less than 10k though your going to have to expect your opponent has time to react. There were a few effective gankers this weekend (@scribes was doing an effective 3 man team) but it still took a lot longer and normally an ultimate or two to gaurentee a kill. Most folks trying to one shot were running themselves out of resources and dying to attrition.

I think if the other campaigns adopted this method of PVP it would be a lot more fun. All they have to do, rather than remove CP, is reduce regens/resource gaining abilities by 50% & up armor mitigation by 50%. You'd see a lot of interesting fights in Cyrodiil.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Now CP gives way to much dps and protection, i can differ people just by casting dark flare: if target have a little CP - he will be at 20% health from one cast and my templar is not a glass canon build, not at all, i bet jullianos+stupid alchemist+100 into elemental expert will oneshot such people, which is completely wrong.

100 cp in damage gets you 25% - a 10k hit becomes 12.5k. Don't get me wrong it is worthwhile damage to have but if you have the usual 20-30k health you aren't going to get 1 shot either way. Plus you should be running armour, pots and so on. But then you'd probably be offsetting with some cp in damage reduction so should really be knocking 5-10% off that too. Or maybe you are stacking Resistant so you don't get the extra crit hits.

The stupid combo you mention plus the rather talent free one involving proxy/VD bombing is not the fault of CP but of design choices around wanting to stop players playing together and deciding to ignore a whole resource pool and the players using it - made for reasons that I can only speculate on in my head since I would be banned pretty quickly for expressing my feelings here.

i.e. CP are not to blame it is the wider meta created by these design choices that is causing the problems... not to mention the most bugged patch they have probably ever given us.

Edited by Tavore1138 on March 28, 2016 4:05PM
    GM - Malazan
    Legio Mortuum
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

100 cp in damage gets you 25% - a 10k hit becomes 12.5k. Don't get me wrong it is worthwhile damage to have but if you have the usual 20-30k health you aren't going to get 1 shot either way. Plus you should be running armour, pots and so on. But then you'd probably be offsetting with some cp in damage reduction so should really be knocking 5-10% off that too. Or maybe you are stacking Resistant so you don't get the extra crit hits.

The stupid combo you mention plus the rather talent free one involving proxy/VD bombing is not the fault of CP but of design choices around wanting to stop players playing together and deciding to ignore a whole resource pool and the players using it - made for reasons that I can only speculate on in my head since I would be banned pretty quickly for expressing my feelings here.

i.e. CP are not to blame it is the wider meta created by these design choices that is causing the problems... not to mention the most bugged patch they have probably ever given us.

It's rarely a "one shot" build, but typically for one shot builds it's a combination of heavy attacks, canceled with ability, stealth, camouflage hunter, and the stun that makes it so powerful. The the 25% more damage, increased regens, and increased mitigations means your hitting that guy a lot weaker and they are able to get all their resources back a lot quicker.

In the case of the proxy det vicious death combo all they need to is hope one guy in the group has low enough CP to take full advantage
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »

It's rarely a "one shot" build, but typically for one shot builds it's a combination of heavy attacks, canceled with ability, stealth, camouflage hunter, and the stun that makes it so powerful. The the 25% more damage, increased regens, and increased mitigations means your hitting that guy a lot weaker and they are able to get all their resources back a lot quicker.

In the case of the proxy det vicious death combo all they need to is hope one guy in the group has low enough CP to take full advantage

True, the burst down has been in the game long before CP and as someone who uses it from time to time the key is still getting your opponent down before they can get their head together for a solid defence. Yes you can reduce costs and increase regen etc but equally they can stack crit hit mitigation or additional armour or just full on damage reduction - it just makes that game of rock/paper/scissors a lot more complicated. And the fully optimised burst build is still pretty squishy because their CP are going to be focused on things that up the burst not on defence.

The Proxy/VD build, to me, is an example of trying to use a poor game mechanic to socially engineer a fix for what is really a game engine problem. The mechanic is cewrtainly effective but it's hardly demanding much in the way of skill and seeing streamers chortling as they use it against pug groups as basically a terror/troll tactic is not exactly going to have a positive impact on PvP.
    GM - Malazan
    Legio Mortuum
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »

True, the burst down has been in the game long before CP and as someone who uses it from time to time the key is still getting your opponent down before they can get their head together for a solid defence. Yes you can reduce costs and increase regen etc but equally they can stack crit hit mitigation or additional armour or just full on damage reduction - it just makes that game of rock/paper/scissors a lot more complicated. And the fully optimised burst build is still pretty squishy because their CP are going to be focused on things that up the burst not on defence.

The Proxy/VD build, to me, is an example of trying to use a poor game mechanic to socially engineer a fix for what is really a game engine problem. The mechanic is cewrtainly effective but it's hardly demanding much in the way of skill and seeing streamers chortling as they use it against pug groups as basically a terror/troll tactic is not exactly going to have a positive impact on PvP.

A high damage burst used to have more counters and ways to counter it, but the removal of artificial softcaps and the introduction of the champion point system slowly killed sustain builds in favor of burst. remember the days that a good DK or Templar would take a warband to kill? a bit broken, but they were a natural enemy to the burst build. as ZOS tried to deal with them, they upped the burst, lowered mitigation, and let everyone keep their regenerations. right now in the CP campaigns you can build high damage, high resources (cause that also feeds damage), and high regenerations without any real skill. mitigation matters a little bit on your toe to toe melee builds, but the tanky builds can't put out the damage to kill most enemies that can quickly gain their resources back and who you can only mitigate a portion of damage if you're not blocking.

The Non-CP campaign takes us back part way to that, giving more emphasis on resource management and not giving a large amount of armor penetration. so, again, kill the regens, up ways to mitigate, and we'd see an improvement to much more than just the non-cp campaign =3
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

hahahahahahaa, cp not game changing? :D

when you put 100 point into one line you get 25% buff. if thats not alot, then i dont know what is alot.

Thats how minmax builders work. they do the 100 into one, shield stackers> full 100 to bastion, magica deto bombers> full to.. you know which cp lines and you get stuff like 20k deto bomb and 26k ish meteor. 7k dot ticks... catch the numers and how different they are for folks for who have no clue?

The difference between you and I: I can build for both a max champ setup, with certain things maxed out and optimized, and I can also build a vanilla setup that will still destroy most anyone. Especially people that think its only CP that makes me better than them.

Youll learn though.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    i am fine in champion point campaign aswell, but why i way more prefer azura is the lack of aoe blobbers who require all those cp:s to make their builds so useful in group fights. more resources to last long ap farming situations + enough defensive cp to handle some aoe burst when they get targeted, without cp they are far from being godlike immortalities so they will prefer anything else than azura.

Me boy? i am definetly scrub, i am suffering constantly pain on my right hand to be able to perform even any kind of super elite pvp, but another my fault is that i play casual way, i dont need too huge e peen *** to prove i have fun.

ps: somehow managed to screw up :D this was reply to rylana.
    Edited by kuro-dono on March 28, 2016 7:52PM
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    threefarms wrote: »
    The campaign population plummeted. ZOS is so stupid.

In fact there's descent number of people on EU PS4 who have fun on Azura, and i think that changing it to no-cp is rare not so stupid decision: it did split population numbers which was intended to do.

Agreed, it's so much more balanced on EU now, certainly the battles are.
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    This was specifically requested by some people, it just appears that those people were either not actually heavy PvPers or there are extremely few of them.

Or you know, they saw the patch notes and were like "well f**** this game." I know I did... Why? Because they have completely gutted pvp at a small scale level.

Also, people who play on the cp campaign are idiots unless they have over 350-400 CP minimum id guess... Why play at a disadvantage when you can just play on an even playing field. Oh wait, because pvp is now 100% just who can aoe zerg the hardest hiding inside the safety of aoe caps, thats why.

Game is dead.
    Edited by Cathexis on March 31, 2016 8:39AM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • RabNebula
    RabNebula
    ✭✭✭
    Zeni really should have done a few things differently with this update.

Left Azuras and made the minor 7 day campaign a non cp one.

Made a campaign that enters you straight into the sewers so campaigns dont get full (with queues up towards 100 just to enter) while the main part of Cyrodiil has very few people in.

Allowed leaderboards for guest campaigns as well as home to encourage people to want to actually use their guest campaign. Always feels like a waste to be playing on the guest campaign when I could be progressing towards some end of month rewards on my home campaign. But this is one big reason that Scourge is now a lag fest with huge waiting times to get in.

Sort out the end of month rewards so people who place higher actually get better loot. 1sr monrh of pvp in Azuras I played for 1 week then 3 weeks off and finished about 300. I got about 70k in gold and 5 purple items. A few friends were top 100 and got 15k gold. Next month I was 20th in Scourge. I got 10k gold and 10 wall repair kits. (FOR A FULL MONTH!!!! AWFUL REWARD!).
    Edited by RabNebula on March 31, 2016 1:23PM
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RabNebula wrote: »

Made a campaign that enters you straight into the sewers so campaigns dont get full (with queues up towards 100 just to enter) while the main part of Cyrodiil has very few people in.

Allowed leaderboards for guest campaigns as well as home to encourage people to want to actually use their guest campaign. Always feels like a waste to be playing on the guest campaign when I could be progressing towards some end of month rewards on my home campaign. But this is one big reason that Scourge is now a lag fest with huge waiting times to get in.

Sort out the end of month rewards so people who place higher actually get better loot. 1sr monrh of pvp in Azuras I played for 1 week then 3 weeks off and finished about 300. I got about 70k in gold and 5 purple items. A few friends were top 100 and got 15k gold. Next month I was 20th in Scourge. I got 10k gold and 10 wall repair kits. (FOR A FULL MONTH!!!! AWFUL REWARD!).

You do realize Haderus is actually the oldest of the campaigns right? Other than blackwater which came out at the same time (non vet)

Azuras and Trueflame both came out much later. Azuras a couple months, Trueflame almost a year.

Thornblade, Haderus, Chillrend all came out in August 2014 (along with Blade of Shadows vet only, which was gone in a month, and Blackwater Blade nonvet, which is around to this day,

Azuras came in early October. (and azuras was the running joke of PvP for half a year after it came out, cause no one ever played it, the empty 30 day while everyone played thorn had and chill, then thorn went all red for months, azuras all yellow for months, chill all blue for months, with haderus the only competitive server the whole time, and then thorn got shut down and trueflame added shortly after) Chill got shut down not long after the new campaign rules.

So when you say "minor" campaign, those of us that have homed haderus since it came out get a bit offended. Its the oldest active vet campaign, and has ALWAYS been competitive and populated. Was yellow heavy for the first 2-3 months, but it settled out not long after.
    Edited by Rylana on April 1, 2016 10:48AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Jimbohere
    Jimbohere
    Don't know what PS4 NA Azura's star campaign some of you are playing in but Ben has been emp for over 15 days. AD owns the whole server and it's a fricken ghost town. It's was killed literally overnight. They had to of known this was going to happen. Champion points are a huge part of most of the top builds and players so of course they left.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Azura on EU PC has decent populations
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol EP has never done that lol. Red won 1 campaign when most of DC guilds left. Keep dreaming though pal all EP players are good at is pvdooring minus a select few

Sorry dude but you are wrong, I have seen and been in a group of 5 reds and hold put against blue zergs for a few hours, we may not have the best players, but we d**m are as good and maybe even better than DC and AD. We endure n we thrive.
  • KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭
    I think the no champion point (CP) server idea is a good one. It is a good compromise for those who have reached V1, but the regular servers do not allow them an opportunity to learn their PVP skills because those with huge CP insta-kill them. Doesn't happen in non-CP servers.
    Krishak Kringle aka KrishakPanettier, Templar (PSN:KrishakPanettier)
    -- PS4 NA --

PVP, PVE, and Trader Guild Leader
    Guild:
    - Rent-A-Zerg Mercs AD (one-time large AD PVP Guild - now PVP, PVE, dungeons, trials, and crafting)
    - Shadow Exiles AD (merged into RAZ AD)
    - Recruiting all levels, for help all in-game content. Not just PVP anymore. Not just AD.

Online:
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/RAZ.AD
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShadowExiles
    - Twitter: @ShadowExiles
    - www: www.shadowexiles.com
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really enjoy Azuras myself (PC NA), even with 490+ CP. Most of my guild left to play BDO so on my main at least I tend to solo. Generally it's been smaller scale than what we see on TF and Had, but there are groups I can "zerg surf" so to speak to gank EP and DC.

We just need a few more EP out there to balance things out better.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • RabNebula
    RabNebula
    ✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    RabNebula wrote: »

You do realize Haderus is actually the oldest of the campaigns right? Other than blackwater which came out at the same time (non vet)

Azuras and Trueflame both came out much later. Azuras a couple months, Trueflame almost a year.

Thornblade, Haderus, Chillrend all came out in August 2014 (along with Blade of Shadows vet only, which was gone in a month, and Blackwater Blade nonvet, which is around to this day,

Azuras came in early October. (and azuras was the running joke of PvP for half a year after it came out, cause no one ever played it, the empty 30 day while everyone played thorn had and chill, then thorn went all red for months, azuras all yellow for months, chill all blue for months, with haderus the only competitive server the whole time, and then thorn got shut down and trueflame added shortly after) Chill got shut down not long after the new campaign rules.

So when you say "minor" campaign, those of us that have homed haderus since it came out get a bit offended. Its the oldest active vet campaign, and has ALWAYS been competitive and populated. Was yellow heavy for the first 2-3 months, but it settled out not long after.

Which platform are you on? I say its the minor campaign because on Xbox there is just a choice between Scourge and Haderus since the Thieves Guild dropped while Azuras in now a non CP campaign even though it was the main campaign. Azuras is now dead. Most people dont play Haderus because the rewards are pretty weak and its such a low population that theres only really AD on. Scourge has queues that mean it sometimes takes up to an hour to get in to pvp. Yesterday I went on Haderus to check it out with a few guild members and bumped into a small group of reds who promptly invited me to their guild (which i didnt have space for) but it became apparent that there are barely any EP left on Haderus and definitely even less DC. Thats because its just a 7 day campaign with little demand. Few on xbox care about it. Most people usually agree the player base for non cp campaign is small enough to warrant being on a shorter campaign span. Then 2 30 day campaigns can start to have the players spread more across them and will reduce the load on Scourge.

The other key change they need to make is replace the "guest" campaign slot with a 2nd home slot to encourage people to use their alternate campaign more when Scourge is completely full. As it is I dont believe many people ever really want to get on their guest campaign because the ap they earn there counts for nothing
    Edited by RabNebula on April 19, 2016 1:13PM