Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Skill Respec cost reduction at launch of TG DLC?

Yojack
Yojack
I know there was fallout from forced respecs last time around, but will there be a cost reduction of respecs at the launch of TG DLC? It seems only fair based on history of doing so and the amounts of changes being made.
Yojack, of Yojack's Min/Max and the Yojack Build from Daoc, Wow, Swtor and Gw2. Original Master of the Stunlock!
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or a forced respec of morphs...
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The ideal would be to make skill respecs like CP respecs where you can just do the changes you want, though you get charged the full amount.

The tricky part is that in CP repecs you pay after. In this free respec situation, they might want to avoid the situation where people just save the respec for some future day.

Personally, I think we should be able to save the respec. We should be able to test drive our old build and then adjust.
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the ritual dismemberment nightblades are getting, we ought to be getting a free respec.

To be fair, when they make large changes, they usually do.
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about this. A pop up window displaying when you log in to the new patch for the first time.
    Greetings adventurer! We have made a lot of changes to skills and their morphs with the Thieves Guild DLC. You can find all the changes here (link to natch potes). A free skill reset is available to you in case you want to change your build accordingly. You can find a skill reset scroll in your mail

Mail every player a crown skill reset scroll. *poof*. Everyone is happy. It's THAT easy, ZOS. Learn how to satisfy your customers, you might retain them.

• HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In b4 Wrobel says "we can't add a free skill respec because people have too much gold" on the next ESO Live. :trollface:
    Edited by HoloYoitsu on February 25, 2016 1:56AM
  • Yojack
    Yojack
    Sadly I was looking for an actual response from ZOS on this because I am sure they already know what the plan is. I appreciate the sarcasm though :)
    Yojack, of Yojack's Min/Max and the Yojack Build from Daoc, Wow, Swtor and Gw2. Original Master of the Stunlock!
  • skavenapsb16_ESO
    Please,

a free respect or a respect scroll (even if the scroll last 7 days to avoid saving it)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a better option would be a free reset at the shrine which doesn't stack up with any future free resets (ie you only ever have one available).

Giving out free scrolls people will just save them up and use them for other reasons/dungeon swaps etc.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    In b4 Wrobel says "we can't add a free skill respec because people have too much gold" on the next ESO Live. :trollface:

Gold cap?
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »

Gold cap?

No ETA.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sending out respec scrolls is probably the easiest fix, since they don't want to force respecs.

But I do like the idea of having the respec shines not charge fee for 7 days while people sort out their new build.
  • Drazorious
    Drazorious
    ✭✭✭
    It's not difficult. they would just have to mail everyone a repec scroll from the crown store. problem solved and it's optional
    Stuff and things
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Respec scroll would have to be one per character yes?
    I'd rather have the Shrines at 0 or even 1g per skill point for a week or so to experiment and make changes.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, due to a small vocal minority of the playerbase, @ZOS_MattFiror said in a 2015 ESO Live episode that they would no longer give free respecs on major updates.

The main reason was that players complained about the time it took for them to reallocate their skill points. Some players were lazy enough to not write down (or otherwise remember or keep track of) their skill morphs ... and then blamed ZOS when the free respec hit on the patch. That, along with respec scrolls being made available in the Crown Store, was enough for ZOS to call it quits on free respecs during a major update.

I hope that ZOS reconsiders this ... given all the major changes in the base game and an existing Templar PTS feedback thread that is now approaching 2,200 posts. A number of forum-goers had suggested to give each character a choice on whether they want the free respec or not (after downloading the major update) ... a suggestion which I support and @Husan has outlined above.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on February 26, 2016 6:14PM
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, due to a small vocal minority of the playerbase, @ZOS_MattFiror said in a 2015 ESO Live episode that they would no longer give free respecs on major updates.

The main reason was that players complained about the time it took for them to reallocate their skill points. Some players were lazy enough to not write down (or otherwise remember or keep track of) their skill morphs ... and then blamed ZOS when the free respec hit on the patch. That, along with respec scrolls being made available in the Crown Store, was enough for ZOS to call it quits on free respecs during a major update.

I hope that ZOS reconsiders this ... given all the major changes in the base game and an existing Templar PTS feedback thread that is now approaching 2,200 posts. A number of forum-goers had suggested to give each character a choice on whether they want the free respec or not (after downloading the major update) ... a suggestion which I support and @Husan has outlined above.

So weird how they decided to please a small group back in 2015 but now they fail to please large coordinated groups.
  • Yojack
    Yojack
    They have only officially said they aren't forcing a respec because of backlash from people not remembering how they specced. Not sure why they are so quiet on the subject now......
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yojack wrote: »
    They have only officially said they aren't forcing a respec because of backlash from people not remembering how they specced. Not sure why they are so quiet on the subject now......
    Solution: Add a Crown Store Respec Scroll to every player's inventory.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember one time they made respecs cost 1 gold per skill for like a week. That was cool.

However, that won't help people who come back after the update.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Yojack
    Yojack
    Why is ZOS not even replying to these threads? A simple yes or no or some answer without conjecture would be awesome.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the idea of temporarily reducing the cost of respecs for a short time. This would then allow those who do want to respec the chance to do so a little cost and should keep those who don't want a respec happy.

That, or else mail a respec scroll to all of our characters.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is ZOS not even replying to these threads? A simple yes or no or some answer without conjecture would be awesome.

They are likely focusing on other matters, considering they already stated (officially) that there would no more respecs, due to the backlash that forced respecs caused. We whined about it, they stopped doing it, and now we're whining about them not doing it.
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently because none of these threads are constructive, according to @ZOS_GinaBruno (direct quote from february 2015):
    Once the dust settles a bit from this change of direction, you should expect to see increased participation from the developers. They would love to chime into constructive threads and provide some feedback!