Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Toppling Charge 2.3.3

• Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talyena wrote: »
    It should be a simple fix. Just make it work like the night blade's teleport strike but give it the glowy spear graphics. If they can't fix the pathing issue, do away with the pathing requirement.
    which is odd because crit rush sure as *** works perfectly fine.
    prioritize this already zos, it's been 2 years it's just shameful at this point to have this bug exist.

I really am glad i don't have to bare through this update though, cause i would and still will support them but I at least want my monthly subscription to mean something towards my class fixes, as I'm sure all Templars feel alike. Because it's a community. Ignoring the community means loss in profits. I'm sure ZOS know about that marketing though, seems like they're only focusing mostly on the RP community at this point.
    #MOREORBS
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Tonight in cinemas: "Toppling Charge: the story of one fail"

... after another.
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was using silver bolt some time ago, as a placeholder for another ability.

Once I actually unlocked the silver leash (yay! let's pull vamps!), I had the EXACT same issue with Toppling charge: the first milliseconds of the animation play out, but nothing actually happens.

I just got rid of this "upgrade", since I couldn't use it at all, EVEN ON THE TARGET ON THE EXACT SAME HEIGHT AS ME.

It's as if they're trying to keep DK's chains and silver leash as is while "fixing" toppling charge, while having the same behavior.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ya2AIA6sn5I&t=1m10s

EDIT: Added relevant video.
    Edited by Asmael on February 23, 2016 10:16AM
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Asheel
    Asheel
    Someone else has this video been shown , but I'll have you just show again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQPT85gPa-c

:smiley::smiley::smiley:

Note : Comments must be turned on
    Edited by Asheel on February 23, 2016 10:14AM
    PSN-ID: A_s_h_e_e_l
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS fix inc: "Toppling Charge will now automatically consume a potion on use"
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    ZOS fix inc: "Toppling Charge will now automatically consume a potion on use"

Nice, so templars will be able to have 100% uptime of clever alchemist 5pc-bonus :D
    Noobplar
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by tinythinker on February 23, 2016 1:42PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • bsmorrowb14_ESO
    bsmorrowb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    27th time is the charm.....?
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why cant they just replace this buggy animation?
    For example, there are mobs in Orsinium that use a very nice-looking charge ability that is not available for players.
    Or just use ambush animation with spear and shield instead of daggers...
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure @blabafat would still run Toppling charge even if it did not do anything, because #Saiyans!
    ~ @Niekas ~

• TheM0rganism
    TheM0rganism
    ✭✭✭
    Why cant they just replace this buggy animation?
    For example, there are mobs in Orsinium that use a very nice-looking charge ability that is not available for players.
    Or just use ambush animation with spear and shield instead of daggers...

QUIET YOU! Before you just clip every single templar into ceilings...
    PS4 DC Stamina Templar Tank/DPS...because I ALWAYS play on hard mode
    #2233 - Never Forget
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

#scrapple
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Crzykiddo
    Crzykiddo
    I don't understand, I've seen a few of these videos on the test server already, but I decided to look at toppling charge myself. I don't have it morphed, but after constant use when questing over the last couple of days on live, I have had not ONE instance of this ever happening. Could it be that the "fixes" they implemented on the test server are causing even more problems with the skill, or maybe this problem only happens with a specific morph of it?

#bacon
    Edited by Crzykiddo on February 23, 2016 11:10PM
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Crzykiddo wrote: »
    I don't understand, I've seen a few of these videos on the test server already, but I decided to look at toppling charge myself. I don't have it morphed, but after constant use when questing over the last couple of days on live, I have had not ONE instance of this ever happening. Could it be that the "fixes" they implemented on the test server are causing even more problems with the skill, or maybe this problem only happens with a specific morph of it?

This is my exact problem with the skill: you slot it and BOOM your slow-as-mud templar is suddenly flying around the map in a halo of golden light, knocking enemies around and generally looking like a bad-***. Then, when you're least expecting it and need it most: whiff, whiff, whiff, dead.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Crzykiddo
    Crzykiddo
    I had it happen once in Fungal Grotto a couple months back during Gamye Bandu. It caused a wipe as I was the healtank, and despite having a potion to use I was too focused on my inability to do anything that I forgot the good ole' potion chug :P
  • BalgusFlinn
    BalgusFlinn
    ✭✭✭
    Why would a templar need to leave his house? The enemy is supposed to charge onto your spear right?
  • LilyOra
    LilyOra
    ✭✭✭
    Why would a templar need to leave his house? The enemy is supposed to charge onto your spear right?

If only that spear was made of #bacon
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What did you expect?
    PC EU
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LilyOra wrote: »

Bacon Charge - A greasy slide toward your target, doing X amount of cholesterol damage.

Bacon Jabs - multiple slaps of bacon, doing X damage to arteries.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What did you expect?

A competent development team with no clear biases and balanced changes to all classes.

I mean....we did pay them...some of us still do on a monthly basis. We deserve competent updates.
    Edited by AfkNinja on February 24, 2016 4:48PM
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »

Bacon Charge - A greasy slide toward your target, doing X amount of cholesterol damage.

Bacon Jabs - multiple slaps of bacon, doing X damage to arteries.

hat-tip.gif
  • OneWhomWaits
    OneWhomWaits
    ✭✭✭
    You gotta take what you can get. The GCD is completely gone now as far as I can tell. I can initiate a bar swap before the focused charge animation completes and my skill bar is never locked. If they fix the pathing issue it will be golden.

It is not completely gone. I had it happen this week.

All issues with toppling charge are still present. It is the only gap closer I have and it rarely works. Once it does the fail animation bit I usually curse zos having wasted the beginning of the battle on a broken skill that does not fire off.

Very frustrating glitch that should have long ago been fixed. I blame myself for bothering to even try to use that broken skill.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

975f67c47e09f68e84f1afa1384cb901.jpg
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You gotta take what you can get. The GCD is completely gone now as far as I can tell. I can initiate a bar swap before the focused charge animation completes and my skill bar is never locked. If they fix the pathing issue it will be golden.

It is not completely gone. I had it happen this week.

All issues with toppling charge are still present. It is the only gap closer I have and it rarely works. Once it does the fail animation bit I usually curse zos having wasted the beginning of the battle on a broken skill that does not fire off.

Very frustrating glitch that should have long ago been fixed. I blame myself for bothering to even try to use that broken skill.

You are referring to the pts right? I tested it for a while and got no bar swapping or gcd issues. The only issue I still get is the pathing/insta-cancel issue.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Evilie
    Evilie
    ✭✭
    After playing a healing Templar since release and suffering through massive stress and frustration with the broken skills, continual nerfs and bugs I solved my problem... I rolled a NIGHTBLADE.

This is somewhat sad, because I have happily played a dedicated healer in every MMORPG I have played for the last 15 YEARS... But not in this game.

Evilie
    Grumpy Retired Templar

Kittoo
    Happy Kitty Nightblade

• WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Evilie wrote: »
    After playing a healing Templar since release and suffering through massive stress and frustration with the broken skills, continual nerfs and bugs I solved my problem... I rolled a NIGHTBLADE.

This is somewhat sad, because I have happily played a dedicated healer in every MMORPG I have played for the last 15 YEARS... But not in this game.

Evilie
    Grumpy Retired Templar

Kittoo
    Happy Kitty Nightblade

Currently rerolling NB healer. Very good so far, no deaths. Just need that Masters resto for stamina replenishment.
    PC EU
  • duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    Kilandros wrote: »
    Yeah I think I'm done with this game. The Developers are amateurs who don't give a flying ***. Seriously, this is *** unbelievable.
    No, they are not amateurs. Amateurs care about their work. ZOS sure doesn't. They are just clueless.