The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Delay TG until it's ready - too many bugs

Elijah_Crow
Elijah_Crow
✭✭✭✭✭
From hideously low FPS issues, 64 bit client failures, to bugged abilities this version of the game is clearly not ready for live. Please do not push this update to live until all the major bugs have been fixed and the client is stable.

I know you have a date to hit which is quickly approaching, but I think the majority of the community would like these fixed PRIOR to launching it live. There is a history of too many bugs getting into the live game and that needs to end.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS will push it live, bugs and all, just like every other bugged update in the past, don't kid yourself.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    ZOS will push it live, bugs and all, just like every other bugged update in the past, don't kid yourself.

That's what I'm afraid of. I have several friends who have been waiting for the TG DLC to return to the game. If it's not stable, they will be gone forever. This DLC is a big deal to a lot of ES players and something missing since launch.

Fix it on PTS before live, even if it's late.
  • Tower_Of_Shame
    Tower_Of_Shame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elder Bugs Online
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    64-bit client won't be included in the initial dlc anyways so you can leave that one out of the list...

With every dlc there's people shouting something similar... If zos would listen to those people we would never ever get new content, cause it would never be 'ready'...

Edited by Darlon on February 23, 2016 7:23AM
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlon wrote: »
    64-bit client won't be included in the initial dlc anyways so you can leave that one out of the list...

With every dlc there's people shouting something similar... If zos would listen to those people we would never ever get new content, cause it would never be 'ready'...

It's an MMO. It's never perfect. Im just looking for stable and unbroken.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bethesda has never released a suitable, stable game ever. It's tradition...like how you have to wait for your Christmas presents, and then when you open them on Christmas Day your idiot father forgot to buy batteries so you can look at them but not use them because all the stores are frelling closed on Christmas.

Bethesda: it's Christmas every day!
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do they have a planned release date for TG? 1 march?

PC EU
    PvP only
  • andy_s
    andy_s
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every big update first 2 weeks is always like alpha testing :D
    World's First Cloudrest Hardmode + Speed Run + No Death w/ HODOR
    Tick-Tock Tormentor & All vHoF Achievements done w/ Chimaira
    World's First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (patch 1.5)
    World#2 vMoL All Achievements w/ Aquila Raiders
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Bethesda has never released a suitable, stable game ever. It's tradition...like how you have to wait for your Christmas presents, and then when you open them on Christmas Day your idiot father forgot to buy batteries so you can look at them but not use them because all the stores are frelling closed on Christmas.

'em pains from experience.
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    March 7 PC/MAC
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, however the monster set vendor works perfectly. Please push that to live ASAP.
  • Ryuho
    Ryuho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    March 7 PC/MAC

Haha March 7th, i thought March 18th for PC/Mac.. it's to early, 64-bit client which should be lag savior is not performing well.. I predict huge migration of pvp players to BDO, RIP ESO.
    The Farron family team (EU)
    sorcerer - Rubeus Farron AR31
    templar - Selene Farron AR27
    nightblade - Ryuho Farron AR25
    stamplar - Nura Farron AR10
    stamsorcerer - Kitty Farron AR14 (adopted member)
    DK - Ryu Farron AR17

RETIRED

CU - next mmo
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, some things like the new combat animations will be removed for now, reworked, and added in a future update, but the majority of it will go live. Pre-B2P, they did just wait and wait and wait to push things, but they were still bugged and players became really irate.

They can't wait with the current business model, though. They have to release new content on a regular basis. That's why they focus on the PTS run-up to release on things already in the update rather than responding to ideas for new changes/additions. First priority is that the new zones/quests/instances work right, second is stuff like combat changes and UI functionality, and then whatever is left over if they have the time.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Lifecode666
    Lifecode666
    ✭✭✭
    I'm telling you right now.

I demand to fire up my 64 bit client on w10 and get 20-30 more fps

In cyrodil I want no rubberbanding, 50-60 solid fps with no drops, stabil latancy and this is with all graphics on max with shaddows..

Everything else is fail
    Edited by Lifecode666 on February 23, 2016 1:29PM
    Up the hornz
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In cyrodil I want no rubberbanding, 50-60 solid fps with no drops, stabil latancy and this is with all graphics on max with shaddows..

Everything else is fail

Wasn't it announced a couple of weeks ago that this would not be released with the update for PC but would have to be delayed a bit?
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Everything else is fail

Wasn't it announced a couple of weeks ago that this would not be released with the update for PC but would have to be delayed a bit?

This is the case. I think that Mac will get 64-bit no matter what, but I would not be betting the house on 64-bit for PC before Dark Brotherhood.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone tell me what TG actually has to offer? I've heard of heists and of course a story quest, and thats about it. As a pvper, is there anything I would need the dlc for?
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone tell me what TG actually has to offer? I've heard of heists and of course a story quest, and thats about it. As a pvper, is there anything I would need the dlc for?

Not really. One of the good things they did was make the PVE and PVP sets related to their specific role. For example, the PVE sets you obtain in TG will be pretty much useless in PVP.
    I actually like that change. It means we aren't forced to PVE for good gear, like we had to with the monster sets.
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »

Yes, but they have modders who fix their games for them.
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They can't delay because BDO is launching around the same time. Game developers know that anytime a player downloads a new game just to try, there's a good chance that player isn't coming back.

There's a reason why all of our major patches/DLCs have coincided along launches/Xpacs of other titles. Does the content of ESO suffer for it? Probably.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I nominate @HoloYoitsu as the fastest 4-star forum warrior ever (11 days). Stay frosty Spiderman.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. Shader_Shibes
      Shader_Shibes
      ✭✭✭✭✭

tumblr_m2n72dxsLu1qbolbn.gif
    2. Steel_Brightblade
      Steel_Brightblade
      ✭✭✭✭
      When you say buggy are we talking the disaster that imperial city was on release or the fairly ok with just a couple of issues orsinium release, or somewhere in between?
    3. sadownik
      sadownik
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @Steel_Brightblade from my time on PTS i would say definitely IC if not worse. I personally hold my judgement till live but... well Z. will be Z. i bet. This will be my make it or brake it dlc. If it will work so badly on my machine as on PTS then i see no use of wasting hundreds of gb's on my disk for live and PTS especially since there are other products on market that work much, much better and at least for now seem much less frustrating.
    4. Sallington
      Sallington
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      IF you think they are going to delay something they're putting on the cash shop, you're crazy.
      Daggerfall Covenant
      Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
      Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
      Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
      Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
    5. yodased
      yodased
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    6. Kilandros
      Kilandros
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      yodased wrote: »

2 years later and that video still sums the game up perfectly lol
      Invictus
      Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
      Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
      Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
      Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
    7. HoloYoitsu
      HoloYoitsu
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Dyride wrote: »
      I nominate @HoloYoitsu as the fastest 4-star forum warrior ever (11 days). Stay frosty Spiderman.
      Bonus points if you recognize where the name came from.
    8. silky_soft
      silky_soft
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I agree. Stamina morphs still do magic damage. Change them. You changed the new set quite easily
      Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
      Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
      How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
      Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
    9. ADarklore
      ADarklore
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Kilandros wrote: »
      They can't delay because BDO is launching around the same time.

Had no idea about BDO... just checked it out and it looks pretty sweet.
      CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****