Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Toppling Charge 2.3.3

• SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too be fair the patch notes only mentioned improving the ability lock bug that occurs after using TC, from your video this is the "path routing" bug isn't it?
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirDopey wrote: »
    Too be fair the patch notes only mentioned improving the ability lock bug that occurs after using TC, from your video this is the "path routing" bug isn't it?

I was going to make the same point. Is the Global Cool Down gone in the skill? That at least would be partial progress.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • bikerangelo
    bikerangelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was going to make the same point. Is the Global Cool Down gone in the skill? That at least would be partial progress.

The GCD is still present.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sigh.

Just Templar Things.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sigh.

Just Templar Things.

/thread or should I say /templar
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha looks like you got the ambush bug
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    znekq.jpg
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0QpiKCi.gif
  • LilyOra
    LilyOra
    ✭✭✭
    OMG that broken sound it makes haunts me D: I hate this bug so much, it itchy trigger fingers my rage.

But I DO find it funny the times it actually does go off, how my little Breton goes on some sort of magical roller coaster ride around the rock or whatever is in the way of me and le baddie >:D
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm screaming like an angry hungry pig.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They never said you could use TC reliably after this fix. They said only: "Made further improvements to this ability and its morphs to prevent you from getting locked out of using other abilities."

B)
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • WolfingHour
    WolfingHour
    ✭✭✭✭
    So... Hummm... At least they are consistent?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AfkNinja wrote: »
    60 pages of Templar feedback and all they work on is trying to fix this skill for the 90th time. JUST REPLACE IT!!!!!!

I couldn't agree more. ZOS, you had your chance to fix it and you clearly can't. Just copy/paste some other gap closer and get it done that way.
  • bikerangelo
    bikerangelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jura23 wrote: »
    They never said you could use TC reliably after this fix. They said only: "Made further improvements to this ability and its morphs to prevent you from getting locked out of using other abilities."

B)

It's difficult to see the improvements due to some glaring problems, wouldn't you agree?

It's either broken or it's fixed, and right now it's still broken.
  • Rudyard
    Rudyard
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the thing: I'd like to play around with a clever alchemist build, but I don't dare, as I'll need to save my potions to get me out of the toppling charge skill lock.
    Deacon Grim
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not even sad anymore nor unfortunate. This is just embarrassing.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No worries just eait until next DLC, or the next, or the next after that :D
    So happy Black desert is comming out soon.

The only problem is those people who do not like Korean anime grindfest still got to put up with this busted ability and the "my house" nonsense.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More and more I think ZOS just wants to bury this class. Idk anymore if its bc they cant fix, or simply wont fix.

Really thinking wont, bc if they just couldn't fix it you would think they would work on replacing it. So, maybe they don't want us playing templars.

Seems pretty obvious to me with all the changes and Wrobels "dream" for them the people at ZOS don't give 2 craps about templars or their customer base that plays/loves them.

Dare you to prove me wrong ZOS. Double dog dare you.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tool tip should read.. "6% chance to actually work".
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You gotta take what you can get. The GCD is completely gone now as far as I can tell. I can initiate a bar swap before the focused charge animation completes and my skill bar is never locked. If they fix the pathing issue it will be golden.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I may be massively off the mark here but I thought ZOS said the GCD was intended and as such it wouldn't be getting removed????
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I may be massively off the mark here but I thought ZOS said the GCD was intended and as such it wouldn't be getting removed????

In the past they also said its not intended, it was not intended untill they couldnt fix it. Now its intended of course xD
    This is so hillarious. One big masterpiece for how not to program.
    Edited by Mumyo on February 23, 2016 12:01AM
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well its still more responsive than @Wrobel in a templar feedback thread. Heyooooooo.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rudyard wrote: »
    Here's the thing: I'd like to play around with a clever alchemist build, but I don't dare, as I'll need to save my potions to get me out of the toppling charge skill lock.

This is a fair point. If I go to buy a car and the seller says "Well its got a functioning carburetor but the car has no alternator" I'm not going to feel like I'm getting a functioning vehicle am I? At least if I were buying this clunker, I would have the option to throw money at it and get it working. We can't do that with Toppling Charge/Templar.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    Yeah I think I'm done with this game. The Developers are amateurs who don't give a flying ***. Seriously, this is *** unbelievable.

Can I have your stuff?

On a more serious note, looks like my Templar will still be sticking with Invasion to close gaps this next update.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mumyo wrote: »

In the past they also said its not intended, it was not intended untill they couldnt fix it. Now its intended of course xD
    This is so hillarious. One big masterpiece for how not to program.

The 2.3.3 patch notes say:

'•Focused Charge: Made further improvements to this ability and its morphs to prevent you from getting locked out of using other abilities.'

Now, that could apply to the GCD, as it locks you out of using other abilities; it also could apply just to the charge bug that using a potion fixes. Which is it? They will never clarify, because that would mean they would then have to acknowledge the GCD issue or claim it as a feature and take the heat. And since they're not willing to fix the GCD, they won't do that.

Further evidence: look at the way Gina responded when a Templar asked if Toppling Charge was now fixed for good:

'We've made improvements to Toppling Charge so it should be a lot better than it was, but there are still a couple small outstanding issues we need to address with it.'

Well, I wouldn't say those issues I see on the video in this thread are 'small' issues at all. I guess for Templars they are, considering that we are the weakest class in PvP; for any other class these 'small' issues would get hotfixes and developers coming on the boards to apologize within hours. For Templars, on the other hand, these issues are just minimized to 'small' status, and no ETA for any fixes will be given.

Welcome to life as a Templar.

VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They created a worm hole with this code

'European PC/Mac megaserver for maintenance – February 23, 4:00 GMT (August 22, 10:00PM EST)'
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Talyena
    Talyena
    ✭✭✭✭
    It should be a simple fix. Just make it work like the night blade's teleport strike but give it the glowy spear graphics. If they can't fix the pathing issue, do away with the pathing requirement.
  • SlayerTheDragon
    SlayerTheDragon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FS. Just give us Ambush already.
    ¤═══¤ People don't like it when you talk to them with your weapon drawn ¤═══¤