The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

PTS Patch Notes v2.3.3

• Chres
    Chres
    ✭✭
    what about fixing nightblade fear? its nearly everytime unbreakable...

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Chres on February 22, 2016 8:04PM
  • amgame308_ESO
    amgame308_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when Chicken Little cried tanks were dead when stamina regen was removed from blocking.

Still tanking just fine. Still going to heal just fine. Still going to dos just fine.
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina there is a big issue with performance, FPS are very low in comparison with live and i have not seen any graphical improvement everything looks the same, can you inform the team in charge of this things because if this goes to live so poorly optimized you are looking at hundreds of complaints and a big outcry.
    Edited by Ra'Shtar on February 22, 2016 8:16PM
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I remember when Chicken Little cried tanks were dead when stamina regen was removed from blocking.

Still tanking just fine. Still going to heal just fine. Still going to dos just fine.

How many groups even need tanks anymore? How many situations in game require someone to tank damage?
  • zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    When are we gonna get loot improvements for Maelstrom Arena? Maelstrom weapons drop waaay more frequently than jewelry, especially considering the jewelry drops are further muddled by armor drops. Could we get improved jewelry drops in stages 7, 8 and 9? (Like 50% jewelry 50% armor for 7 and 8, 50% weapon 50% jewelry from 9.) Basically ANY improvement would be welcome here.

Lets not get into the fact that Maelstrom items are easy to get in bulk from the weekly rewards too. It feels like they should be rarer than the rest of the loot, but are definitely not.
    Edited by zerosingularity on February 22, 2016 8:18PM
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »

How many groups even need tanks anymore? How many situations in game require someone to tank damage?

Well... it is speculative what I outline below... but it could be part of some major rebalancing announced by Wrobel.

The current meta is builds that can do high DPS AND self HPS from almost the same build set up.
    Especially because of stacking attributes in one stat and the scaling from the stat !
    In the last ESO live Wrobel announced that he had some thoughts to diminish this DPS meta.
    And for sure he has to nerf self heals down as well when DPS is nerfed.

For PVP a basically a wash.

But for PVE it will mean that our builds get weaker....
    Or the other way around: our content will get harder
    and as a consequence tankiness will be more needed

Edited by hrothbern on February 22, 2016 8:30PM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hrothbern wrote: »
    CP5 wrote: »

Well... it is speculative what I outline below... but it could be part of some major rebalancing announced by Wrobel.

The current meta is builds that can do high DPS AND self HPS from almost the same build set up.
    Especially because of stacking attributes in one stat and the scaling from the stat !
    In the last ESO live Wrobel announced that he had some thoughts to diminish this DPS meta.
    And for sure he has to nerf self heals down as well when DPS is nerfed.

For PVP a basically a wash.

But for PVE it will mean that our builds get weaker....
    Or the other way around: our content will get harder
    and as a consequence tankiness will be more needed

We'll see, but this is a rather consistent path zos has laid out and they haven't put any effort forward in changing from it except for that acknowledgement on the show.
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chres wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno

No it isnt.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Quests
    • Cleaning House:
      • This quest is now available immediately after completing "Partners in Crime."
    Does this affect any of the other quests' requirements? Or are they still each tied to successive Guild ranks? Does this mean that there is no quest unlocked at Guild Rank 2 any more?
    You'll get Guild Rank 2 after you complete Partners in Crime, which then unlocks Cleaning House.

Still see that theirs no changes to make Meteor reflectable again.

Times running out ZOS.
    We stated last week (and a couple weeks ago) that we have no plans to make Meteor reflectable again.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daedric Summoning
    Conjured Ward: Fixed an issue with this ability and its morphs where the damage shield created for your pets was not updating its value when the ability was re-cast.

One Hand and Shield
    Power Bash: Fixed an issue where you could not reliably use Break Free against the stun from this ability and its morphs.

Thank you for this, great fixes. Will you be giving pets the battlespirit soon? @ZOS_GinaBruno

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Asayre
    Asayre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH

The Apprentice
    • Elemental Expert: Fixed an issue where investing points into this ability was not updating the tooltip damage of your Flame/Frost/Shock/Magic damage abilities.

Thank you for the fix to Elemental Expert. Can we look forward to a fix to Thaumathurge as well? In PTS 2.3.3 it is still being applied to the tooltip of non-DoTs but it does not affect actual combat damage.
    Reference for any calculation I make Introduction to PvE Damage Calculation
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*]Fasalla’s Guile: This item set no longer procs its healing debuff from single-target damage over time effects. Area damage over time effects from abilities such as Caltrops will still trigger the effect.

Mind making that change to Siphoning Attacks again so I can actually play my Nightblade as something other than caster spec?

Or make Leeching actually useful for tanking and resource management.
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grippz wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Empowering Chains (Fiery Grip morph): Fixed an issue where this morph would not pull you to your target if they blocked or absorbed the damage.

I hope this also includes dodging. A gap closer that does not close the gap when the target dodge rolls is useless.

Seems unlikely, given that teleport strike is now undodgeable. Dodgeable gap closers are a design feature (and rightly so - you still close the gap but you just don't do dmg).

I don't want chains undodgeable, i want them to close the gap even when dodged, same way every other gap closer works.

If you use crit rush on someone who dodge rolls, he will avoid the damage, but you will still be moved to his position. With chains, if he dodges, you remain standing where you are.
    Edited by Sharee on February 22, 2016 9:28PM
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno surely you've missed something in these patch notes, about the removal of those pesky buttflap and crotchflaps, on that delicious craftable Outlaw medium chestpiece :*
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    im glad lotus fan is now dodgeable, and hopefully toppling charged is fixed for good

We've made improvements to Toppling Charge so it should be a lot better than it was, but there are still a couple small outstanding issues we need to address with it.

Broken as usual!

What's amazing is that ZOS do not seem to have done any bug-testing. A quick 5 minute test would have shown you the issue was not fixed.

Who is doing testing, 'cause they sure are failing!
    @nagarjunna- PC / NA / AD / DC
    Zazarakel - Max CP Magicka Templar
    Tartys - Max CP Stamina Nightblade
    Temelechus - Max CP Magicka Sorcerer
    Assaku - Max CP Stamina DragonKnight
    Truthforge - Sub 50 Stamina Templar
    Yang Wudi Sub 50 Stamina Sorceror [DC]
    Shou Chung Sub 50 Magicka DragonKnight
    Chen Tuan Sun 50 Magicka Nightblade
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    I said 5 minutes? The video was a magnificent 37 seconds long. Is it too hard to do proper testing or what?
    @nagarjunna- PC / NA / AD / DC
    Zazarakel - Max CP Magicka Templar
    Tartys - Max CP Stamina Nightblade
    Temelechus - Max CP Magicka Sorcerer
    Assaku - Max CP Stamina DragonKnight
    Truthforge - Sub 50 Stamina Templar
    Yang Wudi Sub 50 Stamina Sorceror [DC]
    Shou Chung Sub 50 Magicka DragonKnight
    Chen Tuan Sun 50 Magicka Nightblade
  • Chori
    Chori
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Why there is no news or statements being made about Willows Path and the current issues/bugs with the set?
    EP NA-PC - Invictus - Odem Mortis
    1. Stamina NB Cat - ChoriB'Good
    2. Magicka NB High Elf - Lîndara
    3. Stam Sorc High Elf - Lindara Moonlight
    4. Red Guard Stamina DK - Chorî
    5. Red Guard Stamina Templar - Choripaninikinnie
    6. Magplar High Elf - Vagitarian Sillonour
    Don't tell me you lag, I play with 200-300 ms all the time ^_^
  • TheM0rganism
    TheM0rganism
    ✭✭✭
    nagarjunna wrote: »
    I said 5 minutes? The video was a magnificent 37 seconds long. Is it too hard to do proper testing or what?

He was including the 4min 23sec needed to get past the login screens
    PS4 DC Stamina Templar Tank/DPS...because I ALWAYS play on hard mode
    #2233 - Never Forget
  • GeertKarel
    GeertKarel
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , while you removed the path to last boss out of the map in Maw of Lorkhaj, have you fixed the or improved the pts server? It is just very annoying with the crashes you have while fighting the bosses or mob pack. Especially the mob pack after the second boss that are shut behind the gate, so when you crash from the server there is "NO" way coming back until the group is wiped or you complete it. A lot of the times there isn't just one crash but multiple. I find such things really frustrating and annoying if you want to improve on the last boss and try to test it properly.

wiping a lot because of those crashes or restarting over and over... just takes too much time we didn't really have to waste...

anyway hope servers are stable with this patch.
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_GinaBruno

No it isnt.

For certain players it's often unbreakable and often doesn't give cc immunity (double fear). It's just likely another artificial lag exploit.
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Quests
    • Cleaning House:
      • This quest is now available immediately after completing "Partners in Crime."
    Does this affect any of the other quests' requirements? Or are they still each tied to successive Guild ranks? Does this mean that there is no quest unlocked at Guild Rank 2 any more?
    You'll get Guild Rank 2 after you complete Partners in Crime, which then unlocks Cleaning House.

Still see that theirs no changes to make Meteor reflectable again.

Times running out ZOS.
    We stated last week (and a couple weeks ago) that we have no plans to make Meteor reflectable again

This pleases SirDopey....
    Edited by SirDopey on February 22, 2016 10:52PM
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »
    • The Shadow Slayer achievement will no longer award credit to all group members in the Trial; instead, it will just award credit to the player character that lands the killing blow on a Void Caller, as originally intended.

Well this is like giving the middle finger to tanks and healers so please change this not everything revolves around the dps you know.

The intent behind this achievement is to encourage a broader range of players venturing into the Dark Behind the World to earn credit. We realize that tanks and healers will find this achievement a bit more challenging with the recent change, but we want this achievement to require a fair bit of coordination, communication, and teamwork. It will be tougher, yes, but not impossible. We can definitely take a look at the achievement and how it is completed.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on February 22, 2016 11:01PM
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any work being done on the 64-bit client for Win 7 and SLI? Still not working properly. The 32-bit client balances well but the 64-bit client isn't balancing properly. On the 32 my cards are evenly balanced but the 64 runs card 1 like mad and card 2 is only running at 3%. This is causing card 1 to hit temps of 78 or higher. My cards balanced, never go over 68 degrees. I have changed every SLI setting there is and set up an NVIDIA profile as well to force the settings and still it doesn't work.

System Specs:

Asus X99-E WS (Intel X99 chipset)
    Intel i7-5960X CPU
    Corsair H110i GTX Extreme CPU Liquid Cooler
    32GB RAM
    (2) EVGA GTX980Ti Classified ACX 2.0+(SLI)
    850 EVO Pro OS & Game SSD drives
    SeaSonic Platinum Series 1200W PSU
    Windows 7 x64 SP1
  • Ffolks
    Ffolks
    ✭✭
    Night blade surprise attack still has no "Impact" sound effect and sounds like a miss on every attack.
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »
    • The Shadow Slayer achievement will no longer award credit to all group members in the Trial; instead, it will just award credit to the player character that lands the killing blow on a Void Caller, as originally intended.

Well this is like giving the middle finger to tanks and healers so please change this not everything revolves around the dps you know.

The intent behind this achievement is to encourage a broader range of players venturing into the Dark Behind the World to earn credit. We realize that tanks and healers will find this achievement a bit more challenging with the recent change, but we want this achievement to require a fair bit of coordination, communication, and teamwork. It will be tougher, yes, but not impossible. We can definitely take a look at the achievement and how it is completed.

The issue is that unless a healer is needed in there they won't go inside you can't simply risk that, beyond that it would mean having to slot several dps skills making us take away a few support abilities from our bars just to get that achievement.
    Edited by Ra'Shtar on February 22, 2016 11:26PM
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Yes, this should be fixed, can't tell you how many times I've been stuck watching the whole 4 second fear animation even though I had plenty of stamina to break out. If this was fixed I'd win a lot more fights with NB's. Only a very few can still kill me while I'm stunned from surprise attack so I usually survive the first burst of damage but when I break out I get hit with fear before I can even heal and four full seconds of being completely vulnerable is most often enough for them to finish what they started. Which brings up the point that fear should be subject to immunity, being able to stun then fear someone the instant they CC break is basically the same as being able to stun them twice in a row with the second stun being virtually unbreakable. NB's who take advantage of this get to start fights with 5-6 seconds of their target not being able to fight back, certainly not balanced or fun.
    Edited by itscompton on February 22, 2016 11:31PM
  • Alp
    Alp
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could someone on the pts possibly confirm for me if the various fingerless gloves like medium mercenary still remove khajiits claws?
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bow
    Hawk Eye: This passive ability has been redesigned, and no longer increases the damage of your Bow abilities against off-balance enemies. It now increases the damage of your Bow abilities by 2/5% for 4 seconds after each successful Light or Heavy Attack, stacking up to 3 times.

Great change however...... heavy attacks need to have a seperate duration increase since it takes much longer to draw an arrow. It would be in your best interest to just spam light attacks instead of heavy.

Suggestion: 4 seconds per light attack , 6-8 seconds per heavy attack

Not like it matters anyway since im spamming shield breaker light attacks xD thanks for the buff.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on February 22, 2016 11:46PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP campaign on PTS yet?
    :]
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    im glad lotus fan is now dodgeable, and hopefully toppling charged is fixed for good

We've made improvements to Toppling Charge so it should be a lot better than it was, but there are still a couple small outstanding issues we need to address with it.

LOL
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/248900/toppling-charge-2-3-3#latest
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc