Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Feedback Thread for Prioritization of Combat Animations

• DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not going to be rolled back you keep tagging ppl that do not read forum posts. The ppl from zos that read these are moderators... Customer service ppl. They escalate important things that get grouped together. Where it goes after that is likely a circular file. They make official threads for things like bugs. 10 ppl opening new threads dilutes the information. Then 100 ppl comment on the thread and don't comment on the official thread.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Frawr
    Frawr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    It's not going to be rolled back you keep tagging ppl that do not read forum posts. The ppl from zos that read these are moderators... Customer service ppl. They escalate important things that get grouped together. Where it goes after that is likely a circular file. They make official threads for things like bugs. 10 ppl opening new threads dilutes the information. Then 100 ppl comment on the thread and don't comment on the official thread.

this is an official thread.
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stigant wrote: »
    I just dont understand, AT ALL, why? WHY? WHYYYY?

You know how the macro abusers claim it doesn't work and it is no advantage and all that?

They are lying.

Otherwise why is ZOS forced to go through with a redo of animation system?

Its way easier to macro the *** now.
    Testet it. Now u dont need to add delays between stuff. Fells like RIFT Combat. That game had built in macros.

Never used macros on live and never will, but on pts i do test that silly ***.
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Macro for the win - from now on! :'(
    @nagarjunna- PC / NA / AD / DC
    Zazarakel - Max CP Magicka Templar
    Tartys - Max CP Stamina Nightblade
    Temelechus - Max CP Magicka Sorcerer
    Assaku - Max CP Stamina DragonKnight
    Truthforge - Sub 50 Stamina Templar
    Yang Wudi Sub 50 Stamina Sorceror [DC]
    Shou Chung Sub 50 Magicka DragonKnight
    Chen Tuan Sun 50 Magicka Nightblade
  • bhlegit
    bhlegit
    ✭✭✭
    :(
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess if they refuse to remove this, then we all need to start using macros, maybe they will listen then.
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    Just wanted to update everyone on where we are at with the animation prioritization efforts going on right now. At its core, the goal for the change was to make it clear which attacks players were using, while preserving the responsiveness of combat. We’ve made great strides towards this, but there are still a number of cases where things just don’t look or feel right (blocking as an example). As such, we’re going to be rolling back this change in next week's PTS patch (2.3.4) and will not be taking it to the Live megaservers.

We will continue to iterate on the system internally and will roll out the changes when they are ready.
    Rich Lambert
    Creative Director - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to update everyone on where we are at with the animation prioritization efforts going on right now. At its core, the goal for the change was to make it clear which attacks players were using, while preserving the responsiveness of combat. We’ve made great strides towards this, but there are still a number of cases where things just don’t look or feel right (blocking as an example). As such, we’re going to be rolling back this change in next week's PTS patch (2.3.4) and will not be taking it to the Live megaservers.

We will continue to iterate on the system internally and will roll out the changes when they are ready.

Good step! Can we have the same thing for stam reg while blocking and the champion system?
  • CtrlAltDlt
    CtrlAltDlt
    ✭✭✭

OMG thank you so much!!
    PC NA - jeazzy

stamblade outnumbered pvp vol 1. youtu.be/h1ONYfpAJJ8
    Stamblade outbumbered pvp vol 2. No cheese youtu.be/rN4_aRVMvWw
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!
    @nagarjunna- PC / NA / AD / DC
    Zazarakel - Max CP Magicka Templar
    Tartys - Max CP Stamina Nightblade
    Temelechus - Max CP Magicka Sorcerer
    Assaku - Max CP Stamina DragonKnight
    Truthforge - Sub 50 Stamina Templar
    Yang Wudi Sub 50 Stamina Sorceror [DC]
    Shou Chung Sub 50 Magicka DragonKnight
    Chen Tuan Sun 50 Magicka Nightblade
  • Mulcibur
    Mulcibur
    ✭✭✭

This is a great decision and I'm sure we're all looking forward to what you do with this in the future.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There should be no animation prioritization.

Just make all animations visible....make them semi-transparent if several animation are active. Just like in the real life if you do two actions really fast then you see both actions at once.
  • Lokryn
    Lokryn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »

There should be no animation prioritization.

Just make all animations visible....make them semi-transparent if several animation are active. Just like in the real life if you do two actions really fast then you see both actions at once.

That actually sounds kinda cool. But it may add too much video lag because the "semi-transparent" animation would probably be a spell effect or something.
  • Lokryn
    Lokryn
    ✭✭✭✭

Good call guys.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Good to hear.
    I almost gave up on my build because of new animation.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Came back when they were removing vet levels... new vet levels given.
    Waiting for open world pvp with justice system... justice pvp cancelled.
    Looking forward to finally addressing animation cancelling? Yep, tabled no ETA.

Not even mad, it's just hilarious. Its some consolation that the forum won't be filled with threats and doom I suppose.
    Something being unbalanced in 1v1 does not imply that it is balanced in group play.
  • Mady
    Mady
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you <3
    Discord HypeSquad Member
    Official AlcastHQ Discord Server: discord.gg/alcasthq
    Feel free to join!
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
  • zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just keep in mind that it doesn't seem like this is scrapped. They just need to make it better and don't have the time to complete it for Live. My guess is it will be iterated on to fix the issues and be added to the Dark Brotherhood DLC, since the goal is to not impair functionality in the slightest. (Just make it look less stupid.)
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kolache wrote: »
    Came back when they were removing vet levels... new vet levels given.
    Waiting for open world pvp with justice system... justice pvp cancelled.
    Looking forward to finally addressing animation cancelling? Yep, tabled no ETA.

Not even mad, it's just hilarious. Its some consolation that the forum won't be filled with threats and doom I suppose.

Vet levels - will be removed in the Brotherhood DLC.

Open world justice PVP - sounds like a good idea but is it really good ? Go take a look at the IC and you will instantly see its ugliness. There always will be groups of scrubs that will troll PVE players. Imagine a gank group staying at the harborage - I bet that no new players will want to stay in ESO after encountering such groups.

Animation Cancelling - should be fixed (the visual part) but attack weaving should stay.

• Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Open world justice PVP - sounds like a good idea but is it really good ? Go take a look at the IC and you will instantly see its ugliness. There always will be groups of scrubs that will troll PVE players. Imagine a gank group staying at the harborage - I bet that no new players will want to stay in ESO after encountering such groups.

Yeah I get that they couldn't figure out a way to make an opt-in open-world PvP system work without newbies being harassed, but I wonder how others MMOs manage to do the same? I'll happily delete my post when the vet levels are removed and animation cancelling/weaving/a combo system/etc is polished/fixed to look like a legit part of the game... until then, all of these things seem to fall under the category of "too hard, can't figure it out".

At least with bad fixes like bolt escape cost formulas and shield-breaker vs. shield-stacking we have some sorta movement, even if it appears to be confused.
    Something being unbalanced in 1v1 does not imply that it is balanced in group play.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative

Good on you guys. Glad you were able to make the call that something you wanted to push through isn't ready.
    Making good changes is just as important as keeping incomplete ones out.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Awesome. If this decision took a lot of courage, then we as players we should let you know we're very glad to hear this.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • kaorunandrak
    kaorunandrak
    ✭✭✭
    Kolache wrote: »

Yeah I get that they couldn't figure out a way to make an opt-in open-world PvP system work without newbies being harassed, but I wonder how others MMOs manage to do the same? I'll happily delete my post when the vet levels are removed and animation cancelling/weaving/a combo system/etc is polished/fixed to look like a legit part of the game... until then, all of these things seem to fall under the category of "too hard, can't figure it out".

At least with bad fixes like bolt escape cost formulas and shield-breaker vs. shield-stacking we have some sorta movement, even if it appears to be confused.

Other mmo's haven't figured it out they just cater to the pvp minded player and the only pve players who stay are those too hard headed or thick skinned to not let getting constantly ganked effect them. And as much as some of the pvp community likes to think they are bigger or more important then they are and even some of the pvers who like to spread hyperbole about how this game caters to the pvpers in every way, the bottom line is the PVE player and not even the "hardcore"(and I use that term loosely really hard to be hardcore when there is no downside to dieing or failing objectives) is their main source of revenue and it appears to also be their goal to acquire more new players. A pvp system where these new players would be instantly attacked over and over again when the classes aren't even close to being balanced and many of their long term players have developed skills in animation canceling/weaving that isn't even hinted at in game. New players would instantly quit out side those too hardheaded or thick skinned to care.
    Guild Leader of The Crimson Moon PVE/PVP NA
    Join CM! http://thecrimsonmoon.enjin.com/page/724665/recruitment?gid=72859-0

Kaoru Nandrak - V16 DK Stamina DPS 2h/Heavy
    Jaoul Deathbringer - V16 NB Stamina DPS DW/Medium
    Zantare Deshuld - V16 NB Magicka Sap Tank S&B/Heavy
    Jarl Nan'Drak - Sorc Magika DPS 2h/Light
    Vilder Ymirson- Temp Magika DPS DW/Light
    Graywulf Odakai- DK Magika Tank S&B/Heavy
  • Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other mmo's haven't figured it out they just cater to the pvp minded player and the only pve players who stay are those too hard headed or thick skinned to not let getting constantly ganked effect them.

What are you talking about? There have been plenty of open world PvP systems that allowed people to simply flag themselves or not ever since UO.

/derail
  • DschiPeunt
    DschiPeunt
    ✭✭✭✭

That is awesome to hear. Thank you for that decision! :)

As I have suggested before, I would like a system where the weapon attack cancelling (i.e. weaving) still works as it does now, but the possibility of block cancelling a skill animation (and making the skill hit faster) is removed.
    Server: EU AD || Guilds: EquinoX

Telleno || Dro-M'Athra Destroyer || Magicka DK || My YouTube-Channel || Profile on ESO-Database

World 1st vMoL Hardmode
    World 1st vHRC Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vAA Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vSO Hardmode (Dark Brotherhood)
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    10/10 decision. Props for having the courage to actually roll it back because it's not ready. Awesome!
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Great news. This gives me hope.
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • bhlegit
    bhlegit
    ✭✭✭

this is just great <3
  • Cogo
    Cogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! Thanks for sharing this! I've always been curious about my heavy attacks and why some weapons feels different then others. I don't care about animation canceling, but really like how deep into details you guys work.

I always block while ressing, which is fine. I wouldn't mind if it would show somehow that I am blocking at the same time as I res someone. How about adding a new resing "animation" when you block and res? And the current res animation shows when you do not block and res?
    Oghur Hatemachine, Guild leader of The Nephilim - EU Megaserver
    Orc Weapon Specialist and Warchief of the Ebonheart Pact - Trueflame Cyrodiil War Campaign
    Guildsite: The Nephilim

"I don't agree with what you are saying, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"
    -Voltaire

"My build? Improvise, overcome and adapt!"