Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Deconstructing v16 gear

GreyRanger
GreyRanger
✭✭✭
It looks like I goofed on one of my gear set ups & may need to decon a piece of v16 gear :-( I was wondering how many mats you get back from v16 gear if anyone has deboned any yet.
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    if maxed passive Approaching half mats on the high or around a third on the low side.
    Edited by Tallowby on November 16, 2015 1:51PM
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I havent deconned any crafted v16 gear but dropped v16 gear only gives 1 piece material.

PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • GreyRanger
    GreyRanger
    ✭✭✭
    Tallowby wrote: »
    if maxed passive Approaching half mats on the high or around a third on the low side.

Thanks, that is a little comforting. So sad :( to have blow so many mats and tempers
  • Cadelay
    Cadelay
    ✭✭✭
    Get the ItemSaver addon so this doesn't happen anymore.
  • GreyRanger
    GreyRanger
    ✭✭✭
    Cadelay wrote: »
    Get the ItemSaver addon so this doesn't happen anymore.

Have it, the issue is not I deconned something by mistake, it is I made a mistake planning out a gear set and now have 2 pieces that don't make sense with what I am aiming toward as my final gear.
  • Swindy
    Swindy
    ✭✭✭
    On console I get back only 10% plus one temper from a legendary VR16 piece decon.
    I've cut up 3 so far.
    II Swindy II

Australian on Xbox NA (ex EU)
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not quite on topic, but I recently bought 2 VR14 Glass pieces for 5000 each and broke em' down. I got a Malacite from each. I can find them nowhere else.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

If you decon crafted gear you still only get one pce of Material,
    You may get the trait and style back,
    you may get some upgrade tannin back,
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• NoMaassPliz
    NoMaassPliz
    ✭✭
    I made a full set of v16 last night only to realize none of its had any traits...

I got about 100 or so mats back in total from 5 items, along with one temper from each.
  • GreyRanger
    GreyRanger
    ✭✭✭
    I made a full set of v16 last night only to realize none of its had any traits...

I got about 100 or so mats back in total from 5 items, along with one temper from each.

Wow, that is tough.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not quite on topic, but I recently bought 2 VR14 Glass pieces for 5000 each and broke em' down. I got a Malacite from each. I can find them nowhere else.

Farm some chests, any level in any area ... only chests that don't drop malachite shards are the ones ment for stealing.
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here I was going to start a thread with this exact name because crafting a VR16 item takes 10 times the material of a VR 15 item, yet deconstructing a looted item (Maxed skills) nets just 1 piece of the material, which is farging ridiculous, if it's going to cost me that much to make my armor/weapons, why can't the deconstruct to a commiserate amount of materials?

Sad to say, this thread did not deal with my issue... but it had a really good name...

Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    Sell it at a marked down price on the guild trader and go buy more.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deconning dropped/looted gear will always yield exactly exactly one mat. No more, no less. (Well, actually, there have been a few instances where I got zero back, but it's relatively rare, and is most likely a bug, as the PTS patch notes in IC stated that the decon rate is 100% chance of getting exactly one.)

Deconning crafted gear (as well as the ornate/intricate gear found in writ reward bags; these are the only non-crafted items exempt from the rule above) will, at VR15, yield anywhere from one mat to around half the mats. It's RNG; sometimes I get just a single mat back, and sometimes, I get seven back.

I've never deconned VR16 crafted gear, so I can't be sure, but it seems that the decon rate does scale up with VR16's higher cost.

TL;DR: Dropped/looted gear at VR15/16 is always just one mat, but crafted/writ-reward gear will return more mats, like how it works at the lower gear levels.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Deconning dropped/looted gear will always yield exactly exactly one mat. No more, no less. (Well, actually, there have been a few instances where I got zero back, but it's relatively rare, and is most likely a bug, as the PTS patch notes in IC stated that the decon rate is 100% chance of getting exactly one.)

Deconning crafted gear (as well as the ornate/intricate gear found in writ reward bags; these are the only non-crafted items exempt from the rule above) will, at VR15, yield anywhere from one mat to around half the mats. It's RNG; sometimes I get just a single mat back, and sometimes, I get seven back.

I've never deconned VR16 crafted gear, so I can't be sure, but it seems that the decon rate does scale up with VR16's higher cost.

TL;DR: Dropped/looted gear at VR15/16 is always just one mat, but crafted/writ-reward gear will return more mats, like how it works at the lower gear levels.

Thank you! I thought I was going blind! A few times I got zero mats back from a decon, now I know im not seeing things.

As to OP, I had heard a person get 50% back, think it's mostly RnG, but no more than 50%
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds