The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase: December 2nd, 2015"

• MewmewGirl
    MewmewGirl
    ✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    I said this in the general forums, but Ill repeat here.

Vamp and WW bites in the crown store makes me sad. I think it takes something out of the game play wise.
    I am not a role player but I have all of my characters as WW, One of my favorite things is to run up to the shrine and randomly bite someone standing there and run off without saying a word. It is a lot of fun and people have been happily surprised when Ive done it. The changes to WW made that a much rarer occurrence and with this it will be rarer still.

I'm a new player to the game this month, I've been fighting Vampire NPCs hoping one might bite me. I hope I get infected with one or the other but I'm not going to pay to have it done.

I agree that it takes something away having it able to be bought. It's just my opinion. I would have fought to try to keep it out of game if we were asked our opinions and gave all the reasons why I thought it was a bad idea and listened to the other side as well to hear what they thought and to see if they could win me over, but whatever it's there now and so I'm not going to lose much sleep over it.

Personally I'm just going to try to ignore it and see if I contract anything naturally while playing.

I love the two limited cat mounts, even if "limited" means they return in store once and a while I'm still going to snag them up. I want something a little more rare than what we can currently buy :D
  • beautycutie87
    beautycutie87
    ✭✭✭
    Just re-downloading the game and after the announcements cannot wait to roll a Breton female character. The corseted riding outfit, off-the -shoulder evening dress, and high-collared ball gown all look absolutely exquisite for this character. I cannot wait to try them all out. o:)
    I have not yet played in Orsinium but those costumes look to suit the theme well for the Orc characters. Wondering if in future there might be female kimono like gowns for female Orcs which could be rather interesting. :*
    The bear and the cub are so cute cannot wait to see them run together, will have to watch for the limited time though, but totally appropriate for the Christmas/Holiday mount and pet set. The Senche mounts look awesome too may have to roll a secondary character as a Khajit to try them out.
    The baby netch will be neat for players who want to have a less cutie pet for their adventures in Tamriel.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    I said this in the general forums, but Ill repeat here.

Vamp and WW bites in the crown store makes me sad. I think it takes something out of the game play wise.
    I am not a role player but I have all of my characters as WW, One of my favorite things is to run up to the shrine and randomly bite someone standing there and run off without saying a word. It is a lot of fun and people have been happily surprised when Ive done it. The changes to WW made that a much rarer occurrence and with this it will be rarer still.

I think it's cool that you do this - offering bites for free. However, if you were to ever bite me, I'd be a little PO'd that I'd have to go get a cure. I am seriously NOT interested in becoming a WW or vamp. I'm glad that all the people you bit didn't seem to mind and were actually happy, but I wouldn't be. However, the cure is simple enough if you're aware you've contracted it and get the cure prior to actually becoming a WW/vamp.

Got bit one time on my way to the crafting station in the Rift (don't remember the name of it). I may have gotten bit by one of the bloodfiends that I fought in the area, but I suspect it was another player. There were a group of players standing in a circle in the crafting station area, and one may have bit me while I was creating my new gear. In any event, had to go find a priest to cure it - waste of my time.
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I think it's cool that you do this - offering bites for free. However, if you were to ever bite me, I'd be a little PO'd that I'd have to go get a cure. I am seriously NOT interested in becoming a WW or vamp. I'm glad that all the people you bit didn't seem to mind and were actually happy, but I wouldn't be. However, the cure is simple enough if you're aware you've contracted it and get the cure prior to actually becoming a WW/vamp.

Got bit one time on my way to the crafting station in the Rift (don't remember the name of it). I may have gotten bit by one of the bloodfiends that I fought in the area, but I suspect it was another player. There were a group of players standing in a circle in the crafting station area, and one may have bit me while I was creating my new gear. In any event, had to go find a priest to cure it - waste of my time.
    You can only be bit by another player if you are standing at the ww or vamp shrine, and it's very obvious that it's happening, as there is a whole animation involved. Unless you spend a lot of time just hanging out there for no reason, you can't be bit by another player against your will.

In your case mentioned above, you had to have been bitten by a bloodfiend. Getting infected from the NPC enemies is far less obvious.

The people who get bites for free are intentionally hanging around at the shrine hoping that someone will come along and bite them. It's obvious to the people doing the biting that the players they are biting actually want it.

{edit to fix misquote}
    Edited by Divinius on December 8, 2015 7:19PM
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »
    Ah, so we see the first returns of previously limited items!

I hope this time, it will be really limited. ~blames console users~

sorry to sound snippy here, but I just don't understand people wanting limited edition stuff. Essentially it's just wanting to feel special-er than someone else. Personally I'd like everyone to have a chance at awesome stuff they would really like to have, rather than feeling bitter that they didn't have the game yet at that time, or were out of town and couldn't log in on their grandma's dial-up internet, or whatever else may prevent someone from the chance at something they would totally buy if it was still available.

I'm so happy to see something brought back!

I like that green dress a lot, although I was actually hoping for a green or dark red version of the blue noble dress....pretty please?
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Divinius wrote: »
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

You can only be bit by another player if you are standing at the ww or vamp shrine, and it's very obvious that it's happening, as there is a whole animation involved. Unless you spend a lot of time just hanging out there for no reason, you can't be bit by another player against your will.

In your case mentioned above, you had to have been bitten by a bloodfiend. Getting infected from the NPC enemies is far less obvious.

The people who get bites for free are intentionally hanging around at the shrine hoping that someone will come along and bite them. It's obvious to the people doing the biting that the players they are biting actually want it.

{edit to fix misquote}

Yes as Divinius said, you can't be bitten just anywhere. You can only be bitten if you're standing within the very small area of the werewolf shrine. Likely you contracted it from one of the NPCs, in which case you were incredibly lucky! Since they only spawn when the moons are full and rarely at that.

Also if you were bitten before the last couple of updates, Sanies Lupinus would have run out in 7 days anyway, no need to get cured. It's only recently that they have removed the timer.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aelthwyn wrote: »
    sorry to sound snippy here, but I just don't understand people wanting limited edition stuff. Essentially it's just wanting to feel special-er than someone else. Personally I'd like everyone to have a chance at awesome stuff they would really like to have, rather than feeling bitter that they didn't have the game yet at that time, or were out of town and couldn't log in on their grandma's dial-up internet, or whatever else may prevent someone from the chance at something they would totally buy if it was still available.

I'm so happy to see something brought back!
    I agree with this to a point.

I can see the desire for "exclusivity" for items awarded for a specific reason, like the pet that only the beta-testers got. In those cases, having the pet signifies something beyond simply "having the pet", as it shows that the person participated in the beta tests.

[snip] All crown-store-purchasable items should make occasional reappearances so that everyone has a chance to get them. The only reason they are "limited time" at all is so that it drives people to impulse buy when they are available, if they want them.

[edited for trolling]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 17, 2023 7:24PM
  • sheggorathb16_ESO
    So whens the tiger senche coming back? Anyone? Thats the only mount in the entire game I've ever wanted and ever would want since it matched my character perfectly, and thanks to the 'support' not helping I was one month off... Seriously I will buy cheese and and skooma for EVERYONE if the tiger senche comes back... Though I almost get the feeling ZOS listened to people with the return of the leopard and black senche. I remember lots of people complaining they missed the single weekend they were available ages ago, and people keep asking me where I got my leopard, (going to miss that now...). So it seems instead of a weekend they're putting them out for about two weeks, and thats over Christmas so unless you're visiting family without internet for a while its much harder to miss. Is that increased limitlessness, or less limited? Now if only they'd listen to my complaints about missing out on the tiger senche... I mean seriously I barely know any khajiit player that isnt a tiger, but none of us can get a matching mount?

On another note, I'd really like to gift some friends with things from the crown store, but as far as I can tell this isnt possible... Isnt the time of giving gifts? Even if it was only around Christmas time that would be a great feature...
    ... ҉ ⚝ ⚛ The one and only ⚡ᚺεǥϑ☉ᚱꜽ♰ϗ, whoever I am, I'm ȿℌͼℊƍ◎ℛ⎃ᛏ♄ the skooma cat. ⚛⚝.. ҉..
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    On another note, I'd really like to gift some friends with things from the crown store, but as far as I can tell this isnt possible... Isnt the time of giving gifts? Even if it was only around Christmas time that would be a great feature...

I would really really like some feature to be able to buy crowns or crown store items for another player. I'm sure they're worried about people trading in-game services for the cash-bought items, but honestly I think that's a bit silly. It would be really nice for friends to be able to give each other crownstore gifts, and I think a good number of people would spend extra money doing so. They really should have some sort of crown store gift card available or something.
  • Spiderg1rl
    Spiderg1rl
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what time the new bears go live?
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where are my bears? :(
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be a lot happier to buy some costumes if I can colour them.

No point in costumes if they are the same as everyone else's.
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spiderg1rl wrote: »

After they get dressed for the day... One does not want to see a bare bear, do we? ;)
  • Spiderg1rl
    Spiderg1rl
    ✭✭✭
    Spiderg1rl wrote: »

After they get dressed for the day... One does not want to see a bare bear, do we? ;)

These bears are taking a long time getting dressed. It's 2pm in my country and I can't see them appearing. I wonder if they will come around before the sun starts to set. :-) I don't wish them to hibernate before tomorrow as I've got work for the next three days.
  • Spiderg1rl
    Spiderg1rl
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Gina
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    Why is Dec 17th marked on my calendar? Are the new crown store items coming out today?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Yes, we'll begin updating the Crown Store with a few new items in about 30 minutes. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Sarah_Lynn
    Sarah_Lynn
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, we'll begin updating the Crown Store with a few new items in about 30 minutes. :)

When I woke up this morning, all I could think about is checking if the crown store had been updated, so I rolled out of bed and made my way to my computer. When I got in game and saw the stuff wasn't up I was hit by a huge wave of disappointment. Glad they will be up soon, I am way more excited than I should be.
    I spend way too much time and money on this game.
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭

Sweet! Can I get a "Huzzar!" *throws paws in the air & does a jig*

dancing-cat.gif

• Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm getting to the point that I'm getting tired of all the fluff. Bring me something to the crown store that I can really use like more Character slots, Bank space (beyond 240), etc.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhass wrote: »
    Why is Dec 17th marked on my calendar? Are the new crown store items coming out today?
    It isn't for the early showing of the The Force Awakens in the US?
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The Corseted Riding Outfit and Off-the-Shoulder Evening Dress will be available on all platforms, on December 17th"

@ZOS_GinaBruno It says the corseted riding outfit is supposed to be in the store today, just checked it, only the dress is there. Is this an oversight or is it coming later?! Just wondering because I am all ready to spend my crowns on that outfit lol!
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »
    "The Corseted Riding Outfit and Off-the-Shoulder Evening Dress will be available on all platforms, on December 17th"

@ZOS_GinaBruno It says the corseted riding outfit is supposed to be in the store today, just checked it, only the dress is there. Is this an oversight or is it coming later?! Just wondering because I am all ready to spend my crowns on that outfit lol!

We're in the middle of maintenance and still adding items, but yes. They will both be available very soon!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're in the middle of maintenance and still adding items, but yes. They will both be available very soon!

Oh haha that explains it! Thank you :smiley:

Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »

The riding outfit should look great on my Argonian Nightlade.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We just finished maintenance, and the items listed in this thread are now available on all platforms: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236667/new-items-available-in-the-crown-store-12-17-all-platforms
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • DividendGamer
    Where are the new mounts?

It's December 23rd....?

PS4 servers just came back up from maintenance.
    PS4
    Magicka Templar
    Daggerfall Covenant
    The Guar Cartel
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are the new mounts?

It's December 23rd....?

PS4 servers just came back up from maintenance.

I need my Babby Netch
  • LaxWoW18
    LaxWoW18
    any idea how much the new mounts are?

im at work and cannot find them in the crown store on the website.