The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nord Templar - Should i reroll?

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »
    Atzel wrote: »
    On Topic , Nord is bad race , use something with 10% max stamina/magicka.

Having more resource pools will make you do more damage and heal for more , because it makes your skills more powerfull.

This is more a problem with bad sweeping changes to the underlying game they've made. I'm definitely thinking their changes have been anti-tank to the extreme this year.

Pretty much zos hates heavy armor and tanks in general. Oh and dks and temps.

Like the buff to light armor, was it really needed? You're wearing cloth ffs and now my 5/1/1 light build gives me 17k odd armor buffed.

Really for wearing cloth? That's nearly what a heavy armor wearer has unbuffed.

Really they need to increase the hard cap on armor, make it so heavy armor is useful, bring it up to 75% from the current 50% (due to all the pen running around) give tanks a reason to want to wear heavy in pvp.

At vr16 gear purple you almost reach 10k in 5-1-1. Idk the number if its yellow but 17k sounds too much.

With channel focus, 9k can turn into 16k due to buff.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    david31741 wrote: »

I don't disagree, but if your goal is to heal in pvp, I don't really think 5-10% more damage or even heals are necessarily the most important things to be worrying about. A healer in pvp just needs to heal good enough to do the job, and survival/sustainability is actually better over and above that, because it means you can keep dishing out the heals (a Dead healer isn't healing).

That's basically what I said regarding the group pvp healer role.

For non-ball pvp I don't see anyone playing "healer" in pvp. Exception being spammers looking to grind ranks.

Solo and small group pvp race can make a big dif especially these days where you need to burst to overcome everyone's defenses. Templar has the weakest burst potential and 5-10% dps makes a big difference. a 6% dam reduction in pvp is not noticeable especially on a templar which already has decent defensive options.

And yeah, I am a nord templar playing pvp since release - and I regret being Nord 100%. It wasn't a thought out choice. I just saved a name for a crafting mule - but who knew templar would be so much fun.

Nord may not stand out in any particular role, but I actually think far more than any other race it has the most universal in usefulness. A Nord can be anything and still benefit from all of its passives. Nord Mage? Fine you still have all your regeneration, mitigation, and health bonus. Nord warrior? Fine you still have all your regeneration, mitigation, and health bonus. Tank? Fine you still have all of your regeneration, mitigation, and health bonus. Healer? Fine you still have all your regeneration, mitigation and health bonus.

The problem I think that you and a lot of Nord players have isn't so much with the race, but with ZoS making damage output more favorable than mitigation in recent months. The game has increasingly become more and more about pushing damage numbers, and mitigation has become less and less something to build for. I think this is the core of the problem, and not the Nord race itself. In theory I think Nord is perhaps the coolest race in the game. In practice, the developers need to do something about mitigation. They need to either pump up the health multiplier significantly, or they need to start scaling mitigation abilities with respect to stat points in health. I've talked about this in other forum posts a million times. Even so, I still think in group pvp your Nord Templar is probably the single best build for a healer (in that function). One might think the Imperial is better, but with nerfs to rolling/blocking, I don't think the 10% greater stamina and red diamond is going to be as useful to a Templar healer as the Robust + Damage Reduction + Max health would be. This is all just my opinion obviously, but I like to make my healers tough enough that they are annoying to kill, but also good enough to heal to do their job. I find Nord is really good to that end.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton for magicka and Orc preferably for stamplar or you could go red guard.