The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

New unique recipes: unbalanced ingredient requirements for stamina players

code65536
code65536
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The new recipes that combine max health with resource regen make use of alchemy ingredients.

For max health and magicka regen, the alchemy ingredient is Clear Water, which on NA/PC has an average guild market value of about 3g.

For max health and stamina regen, the alchemy ingredient is Columbine, which on NA/PC has an average guild market value of about 300g. In contrast, Frost Mirriam used for purple foods has an average guild market value of around 100g.

This seems a bit unfair for stamina users.

Suggestion: Change the ingredient to Blessed Thistle or Dragonthorn (or even Mountain Flower). Each of these ingredients, like Columbine, have the stamina restoration alchemical property, but they are all much less expensive and will make the cost of crafting the health/stam recipe much, much closer to that of the health/magicka recipe.
Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
Personal best scores:
Dungeon trifectas:
Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • ryanmjmcevoy_ESO
    ryanmjmcevoy_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, Columbine is super valuable vs clear water which no one gives a crap about
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You craft four food portions out of one of each ingredients, including the flower, that last 1 hour, while potion lasts only ~45 seconds.

So, for example, that's just 4 additional flowers for 4 hours of food-buffed gameplay, but only 3 minutes of potion-stacking. Now, seriously, tell me how "expensive" that is and that you will be even able notice the difference at all...

LOL button, please!
    :lol:
    Edited by F7sus4 on October 27, 2015 8:31PM
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , can you please make it so that perfect roe and columbine isn't part of the new recipes. It will make those recipes far to inhibitively expensive.

I propose instead that those ingredients are replace by mushroom that aren't Namiras Rot. Those other mushrooms are abundant and need a good use.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , can you please make it so that perfect roe and columbine isn't part of the new recipes. It will make those recipes far to inhibitively expensive.

I propose instead that those ingredients are replace by mushroom that aren't Namiras Rot. Those other mushrooms are abundant and need a good use.

Disagree entirely. These are "ultimate-type" recipes (i.e. stacking food and beverage buffs). Their components should be expensive or hard to get. Never mind that ZOS fed us a big line months ago when they said they didn't want to allow stacking because of some vague imbalance issues. They knew all along they were going to come out with these and didn't want to let it out.

Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • SonofThunder
    SonofThunder
    ✭✭✭
    This doesn't change the point that the OP makes at all. It's about relative cost, not absolute cost.
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    You craft four food portions out of one of each ingredients, including the flower, that lasts 1 hour, while potion lasts only[ b]~45 seconds[/b].

So, for example, that's just 4 additional flowers for 4 hours of food-buffed gameplay, but only 3 minutes of potion-stacking. Now, seriously, tell me how "expensive" that is and that you will be even able notice the difference at all...

LOL button, please! :lol:

• Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Weberda wrote: »

Disagree entirely. These are "ultimate-type" recipes (i.e. stacking food and beverage buffs). Their components should be expensive or hard to get. Never mind that ZOS fed us a big line months ago when they said they didn't want to allow stacking because of some vague imbalance issues. They knew all along they were going to come out with these and didn't want to let it out.

The only thing they will be the ultimate of is not being used. Their components should be easily available to everyone.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point is that the cost is negligible.
    :cookie:
    Edited by F7sus4 on October 29, 2015 8:48AM
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weberda wrote: »

The only thing they will be the ultimate of is not being used. Their components should be easily available to everyone.

They are easily available. Go outside and pick some flowers, enjoy the scenery, and then do a little fishing. In others words get off that couch and do something for a change instead of looking for a handout.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    The new recipes that combine max health with resource regen make use of alchemy ingredients.

For max health and magicka regen, the alchemy ingredient is Clear Water, which on NA/PC has an average guild market value of about 3g.

For max health and stamina regen, the alchemy ingredient is Columbine, which on NA/PC has an average guild market value of about 300g. In contrast, Frost Mirriam used for purple foods has an average guild market value of around 100g.

This seems a bit unfair for stamina users.

Suggestion: Change the ingredient to Blessed Thistle or Dragonthorn (or even Mountain Flower). Each of these ingredients, like Columbine, have the stamina restoration alchemical property, but they are all much less expensive and will make the cost of crafting the health/stam recipe much, much closer to that of the health/magicka recipe.

Dont think clear Water will cost 3g for long still. Well ... Me and my 5k stack hope not :)

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind the Gold ingredient for the Gold recipe; it matches the Psijic Ambrosia and gives you something else to do with Perfect Roe.

But the Triple Trifle recipe is definitely out of whack with the others, ingredient-wise.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You craft four food portions out of one of each ingredients, including the flower, that lasts 1 hour, while potion lasts only ~45 seconds.

LOL button, please!
    :lol:

Yes, I agree, compared to the cost of potions, it's cheap. So what? Why are you comparing food/drink with potions? That's an irrelevant red herring.

It doesn't change the fact that it costs much more than all other non-gold food or drink in the game or that it costs a couple orders of magnitudes more than its health/magicka counterpart.
    Edited by code65536 on October 27, 2015 5:56PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Magicka one should probably use Lady's Smock rather than Clear Water.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about the Magicka one uses Bugloss and the Stamina one uses Mountain Flower. That makes more sense than Clear Water.

Or, Lady's Smock/Cornflower and Blessed Thistle/Dragonthorn.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This would also drive up the price of potions that use columbine and ambrosia
    Don't tank

• F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I agree, compared to the cost of potions, it's cheap. So what? Why are you comparing food/drink with potions? That's an irrelevant red herring.

It doesn't change the fact that it costs much more than all other non-gold food or drink in the game or that it costs a couple orders of magnitudes more than its health/magicka counterpart.
    It is relevant. As much as saying Columbine is "cheap" or "expensive". Or as much as discussing whether it is a problem or not. For me, it's another let's-find-something-to-complain-about topic.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It is relevant. As much as saying Columbine is "cheap" or "expensive". Or as much as discussing whether it is a problem or not. For me, it's another let's-find-something-to-complain-about topic.
    Columbine is significantly more expensive than clear water.
    In result, stamina meal is going to be significantly more expensive than magicka meal.
    Potions are not a substitute for meals. They're used together. Columbine is in demand for both crafts.

Do you understand now?
    Edited by Rosveen on October 27, 2015 8:49PM
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Do you understand now?
    It's not me who does not understand.

25 Columbines is 100 hours of blue food buff.
    25 Columbines is 200 hours of purple food buff.
    25 Columbines is ~18 minutes of constant VR10 potion buff.
    25 Columbines is ~19,8 minutes of constant VR15 potion buff.

"Cheap vs expensive" here is not about the ingredients you spend to craft the same amount consumables, but the overall time your consumables will last (therefore, how much ingredients-per-time you'll use to keep yourself buffed).

For example:
    20 potions is average potion consumption per 1 Trials raid (~15 minutes).
    1 blue food is enough to do 4 raids.
    • Ratio: 1 food per 80 potions, in practice.
    • Assuming 1 Columbine is 300 gold then it's 1500 gold for potions and 18,75 gold for food.

<3
    Edited by F7sus4 on October 29, 2015 9:22AM
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And 0 Columbine are required for blue food magicka version... that is the OPs point. Columbine is valuable for multiple purposes, clear water is used for far fewer (esp at level cap). Thus there is a mismatch and hence zos should be informed because this is testing. Zos can then decide what to do about it - probably change the clear water to another ingredient.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jar_Ek wrote: »
    And 0 Columbine are required for blue food magicka version... that is the OPs point.
    A bit irrelevant considering that's unique cost of having unique bonus on food.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What they should really do is redo the potion-to-flower paradigm so that desired potions are evenly distributed across the flower spectrum.

Or perhaps add additional alchemical recipes that provide the same type of effect but, say, vary in strength by a couple of percent.

Potions are way to powerful to be as farming intensive as they are. Someone that can pop potions nonstop has a huge advantage over someone who cannot, either by opening up quickbar slots or giving huge stat replensihments.

Farming flowers or gold to buy potions is the most irritating part of my ESO play.