Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Show your character!

• kayPOW
    kayPOW
    ✭✭✭
    kayPOW wrote: »
    Magicka pool is not effected by light armor, only magicka regen and magicka cost reduction :wink:

Yes and both of those things effect the amount of magicka that is in my little pool while I am in combat, so my point still stands. Why you have to be so picky. :(

Im just trying to help you understand the mechanics, there are perfectly viable heavy armor magicka builds. You can get over 30k max magicka while wearing heavy armor and still can get enough magicka regen and magicka cost reduction to have no issues with your magicka sustain.

I have tried Heavy and at my current stage in the game it isn't working for me, so I have converted to Light. The perks of light are just more relevant to me right now.

Thank you for trying to help, I do appreciate it, but I do know what I'm doing, despite my low forum level I have been playing for a long time (I was actually in the beta). :)

✨🫖 (This is my old Signature, but I can't bring myself to change it! I'm now mainly PC/EU Templar Khajiit and run the Insani-tea Party Guild.)🫖✨

Lestari / Dunmer / EP / Xbox One - kayPOW / EU
    Dragonknight DPS - Magicka - Vampire // Bite : Available / On Cooldown //
    Guild : [ADMIN] Charitable Crafting Co-op <- Everything is FREE NO CATCH!
    I like to play games and drink tea. I sure love the T.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay it took some doing to talk my friend into crafting Ancient elf medium jack and daedric pants for a 6th level character, but I want a Maormer look to clothing, and robes and this is the only combo that provides that. And .... ta daaaa:

qEt3Ung.png
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • matcumb
    matcumb
    ✭✭✭
    Here's an update on Elvyras.

Right: in her usual garments
    Left: when she needs to perform something a little more shady :)
    "It's the same old pish-posh. Gallant knight, epic quests rescued maidens. I came to this land when my head was quite unceremoniously separated from my body. Bad luck that, but you make the best of things." - Cadwell
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Okay it took some doing to talk my friend into crafting Ancient elf medium jack and daedric pants for a 6th level character, but I want a Maormer look to clothing, and robes and this is the only combo that provides that. And .... ta daaaa:

qEt3Ung.png

she looks awesome!

the style mats may be expensive, but when it suits the character I think it's really worth it :smile:
  • Marrtha
    Marrtha
    ✭✭✭✭
    In this sea of characters with exquisite breasts and plump lips, I present you my main; Face of Melinda.

I think she is beautiful. My boyfriend strongly disagrees :/

QSPfvKm.png
    Use @Marrtha when replying!
  • matcumb
    matcumb
    ✭✭✭
    @Marrtha Don't worry, she's awesome!! :wink:
    "It's the same old pish-posh. Gallant knight, epic quests rescued maidens. I came to this land when my head was quite unceremoniously separated from my body. Bad luck that, but you make the best of things." - Cadwell
  • Marrtha
    Marrtha
    ✭✭✭✭
    matcumb wrote: »
    @Marrtha Don't worry, she's awesome!! :wink:

@matcumb thank you! :blush:
    Use @Marrtha when replying!
  • Circuitica
    Circuitica
    ✭✭✭
    b262d751bf0bdef1fdd7476e6942ae.jpg

Tick and Nettle*, the Bosmer sisters with their pet foxes. Nettle is my character and Tick is my husband's.

The sisters have had disagreements since Nettle returned home from educational trip she went for broaden her understanding about other cultures. Her little sister Tick doesn't approve. She thinks Nettle looks too much a scholar and should instead wear a cultural garb and embrace the Bosmer customs. But Nettle already got into taste of salad and other vegetal delicacies. She considers Tick being a way too strict despite of her young age.

Now the sisters are adventuring together and having a good time, though sometimes the situation gets out of hand due to their disagreements.

* I took the liberty of translating their names from Finnish (Puutiainen and Nokkonen).
    Edited by Circuitica on October 10, 2015 12:00PM
    That's what a dose of reality does for you. Never touch the stuff myself.

Circuitica - Dunmer Dragonknight (AD) | Black Wind, Fire and Steel
    Nokkonen - Bosmer Sorcerer (DC) | Scholar of Storm Magic
    Suhisee Kaislikossa - Argonian Nightblade (EP) | Assassin in Shadows
    Tiikerililja - Khajiit Templar (DC) | Princess of Warm Sands
    Tulimir - Khajiit Dragonknight (EP) | Fiery Puss
    Myrskytuuli - Argonian Sorcerer (EP) | Hatchling of Thunder
    Dovepaw - Khajiit Templar (AD) | Reaper of Light
    Pörröpeppu - Khajiit Nightblade (DC) | Black Death's Twin Sister

tigers-and-lilies.tumblr.com/ | https://facebook.com/tiikerililja/
  • King_Brady1
    King_Brady1
    ✭✭
    Hello! Here are some pics of my Character, Helko! :p<3 (I'll do other characters later, I guess .3.)

Still kinda new to this game, and all this whole backstory, character stuff, but right now he's basically just a hunter, hunting in the wild :*64dd57dffabb4c07078ddaceba8bf6.jpge981038fc4989d453ca24ba492f0cb.jpg6eb160f15240f52ebdbe404a973488.jpg71ca88a2ff851db217e0c86862402d.jpg
    b6c5cdbfcb6f18dfbde3ce316c41eb.jpg

And here's some just up close pictures :smile:

a0d1f42b9b18eda0c7a40b93297669.jpg
    829e7cc894f24c116f19c6e45ca305.jpg
    And that's it :p (And sorry if I added alot of photos.. I'm new on this and Idk if I'm adding alot or like none, sooo, sorry xD)
    Edited by King_Brady1 on October 10, 2015 12:12PM
  • Pistolera_ESO
    Pistolera_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hello! Here are some pics of my Character, Helko!

Gosh darn lizard men are HOT! :*
    -Guildies-
    Tyrs Paladium
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lovely six-pack there.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • King_Brady1
    King_Brady1
    ✭✭
    Hello! Here are some pics of my Character, Helko!

Gosh darn lizard men are HOT! :*

Haha, thanks! :smile: I made him really Muscular by accident though xD He was my first character and I didn't really care to change his body, since it looked pretty normal, so I just worked on the face, and BAM! I found out he's super strong xD
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My dunmer DK suited up in heavy for some IC exploration.

Darn... turned out kind of darker than I hoped.

XbUepPR.png
    Edited by newtinmpls on October 15, 2015 3:53PM
  • King_Brady1
    King_Brady1
    ✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    My dunmer DK suited up in heavy for some IC exploration.

Whoah! He looks awesome! :3
    Edited by King_Brady1 on October 16, 2015 4:13AM
  • ladyonthemoon
    ladyonthemoon
    ✭✭✭
    Cannot attach pictures one way or another, so it will be a link. Sorry.

Llaalsa Dareleth, Sorcerer
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭

I like the adornment you chose and the contrast of her hair color and skin, nice job!
    Edited by Aelthwyn on October 18, 2015 12:08AM
  • ladyonthemoon
    ladyonthemoon
    ✭✭✭
  • Pistolera_ESO
    Pistolera_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    My newest character Marimelon! She is a joy to be around or at least that's what she thinks! lol
    Marimelon.jpg
    From%20the%20fall.jpg
    Why%20so%20mad.jpg
    Edited by Pistolera_ESO on October 19, 2015 7:15AM
    -Guildies-
    Tyrs Paladium
  • Speely
    Speely
    ✭✭✭✭
    Screenshot_20151019_004243.png

A class act and a real badass.
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    My newest character Marimelon! She is a joy to be around or at least that's what she thinks! lol
    fun pictures! :smiley:
    also I really like her eyes
  • ladyonthemoon
    ladyonthemoon
    ✭✭✭
    Better images of my characters:

1445674710.jpg

1445674839.jpg

1445674886.jpg

1445674937.jpg
    Edited by ladyonthemoon on October 24, 2015 8:30AM
  • Pistolera_ESO
    Pistolera_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Aelthwyn wrote: »
    fun pictures! :smiley:
    also I really like her eyes

Thank you! I was trying to color her based on an npc, but colors in character creation are a lot lighter than ingame.
    -Guildies-
    Tyrs Paladium
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My nord :
    Leslie winterblade :)
    JEVUCv0.jpg
  • SatanicSister
    SatanicSister
    ✭✭✭
    I stumbled upon this thread and I just had to take some screenshots of my main char.

Here she is, Satanic Sister, in Sanguine's Demesne.

bBJ7RfS.png?1

c8CptFh.jpg?1

wa7ZVcL.jpg?1
    "If we are going to play the waiting game, the guy who has been around for 10000 years is going to win."
  • Salt-Rose
    Salt-Rose
    ✭✭✭
    A couple more of Felquin being shiny and shii~
    am3ag.jpg
    1zdn9mv.jpg
    Salt-Rose
    { daggerfall covenant | felquin | altmer | destruction sorcerer }
    . a proud member of the sisterhood of tamriel .
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just started playing but I've already gone a little crazy with creating characters. Most of them are storage alts, but I went ahead and made up bios for them all just for fun. I don't know much about non-human longevity, so the ages for the elves and Betmeri are an idea of where they would fall in equivalent human lifespans. And I put the bios in spoilers because long post is long. :D Also don't pay too much attention to their gear, since for the most part I just put them in whatever I found that looked cool.

XbXPoap.jpg
    vAFEIuz.jpg

Ilsabet Menard
    Breton Nightblade archer
    The only child of a stablemaster in a minor town in Glenumbra, Ilsabet was raised modestly and sensibly. She was always inquisitive and loved exploring the forests and mountains nearby, usually returning home with a bundle of scavenged loot. She never actually liked riding horses, having grown distrustful of them after an unfortunate childhood incident with an unruly horse that she couldn't control. She insisted on learning to use a bow along with the local ranger's sons, but she never had a reason to do any real fighting aside from hunting in the woods.

Two months prior to awakening in Coldharbour, she was given the task of delivering a fine horse to a wealthy client in another town. She didn't really want to do it, but no one else was available and she couldn't pass up the chance to bring her family some good coin. On the way she was accosted by a group of bandits. She was willing to give up the horse to save her own life, but unfortunately the bandits decided that a lovely young girl would make a nice bonus next time a slave trader passed by.

Ilsabet repaid them by pilfering half of their stash (enough to cover the cost of the horse, plus a few extra trinkets just for spite) and running off in the middle of the night. When they caught up with her, she was ready to fight to defend herself - but the bandits had apparently been impressed with her showing and decided that she might be of use to them, so they offered her the chance to join their group. She decided that this was preferable to fighting a losing battle for her life, but she never did fully trust them and she always kept her eyes open for a good chance to take her leave.

That chance never came. The last thing she remembers before finding herself in Coldharbour is overhearing the bandit leader talking about a big score in the works. She can't be sure if that has anything to do with her being sacrificed, but she'd sure like to know. Rather than returning home and facing the uncertainty of resuming the life she left behind, she's struck out on her own to make her own fortune. She's still very young and inexperienced, but her innate resourcefulness, quick fingers, and archery skills have given her a good start.

cAkc7Ad.jpg

Linnea Heavy-Pockets
    Nord Templar brawler
    Growing up in an unremarkable family in an unremarkable town in Falkreath, Linnea learned early on that she didn't like being given guff by anyone, and a good way to not get guff is to carry a big sword. Whether it's a surly drunk in a tavern or a cutpurse who thinks he's quicker than her draw, most everybody who's messed with her has only made that mistake once. She doesn't go out of her way to avoid trouble, though, and she's been known to complain when it's been too long since she had a good fight. She particularly dislikes bears because "they think they're so tough."

Despite her imposing physique and affinity for swinging around big heavy weapons, don't even think of referring to her as manly - she quite enjoys being a girl, and she somehow manages to balance maintaining her femininity with the rugged outdoorsiness necessary to get by in the wilds of Skyrim. The only thing she enjoys more than a good beatdown is a good corpse-looting, and her honorary surname attests to her acquisitiveness.

She has no idea where this whole being dead thing came from, but she's sure that it couldn't have been a fair fight. She'd like to take a good swing at the rat who did it, but other than that she doesn't have much interest in conspiracies and rituals and whatnot. Just point her to the nearest tavern and then let her loose on whatever hooligan wants to look at her the wrong way.

riTcDLv.jpg

Lollygags-Where-She-Likes
    Argonian Templar healer
    Age: Old enough to know better, but young enough not to care
    Lolly knows you're not actually interested in her backstory, and at this point it doesn't matter much to her either. As long as everyone stays alive and she gets her share of the loot, the rest is just idle chatter. But if you'd like to get on her good side, here are some useful facts:

Things Lolly likes:
    Lollygagging
    Drinking rum, especially while lollygagging
    Shiny stones
    Letting other people swing around the big heavy weapons
    Setting things on fire
    Swimming

Things Lolly dislikes:
    Being told not to lollygag
    Hangovers
    Constricting clothing
    People stepping on her tail
    Slaughterfish

Okay so I finally made her an actual backstory:

Lolly was a slave on a small Dunmer plantation in Deshaan. (Of course she was a slave, do you even need to ask? Wasn't everyone a slave?) She always resented being mistreated and forced to work, and so she made a point to do as little work as possible. She quickly learned that overt insubordination was a good way to get punished, so she became more subversive in her disobedience and developed her healing skills as a way to help herself and her fellow Argonians survive the beatings and harsh conditions.

Her people clung to the Hist as an integral part of their identity, but she never found much value in it. It was good for group morale, she supposed, but it never seemed to do her much direct good, and she didn't really have any use for things that didn't help her in some observable way. The concept of Sithis was always more intriguing to her. Whether it represents change, or nothingness, or the inevitability of death, there was always something... relatable about it.

When the Pact leaders declared an end to Argonian slavery, Lolly didn't celebrate or spit on her former masters. She simply turned and walked away. She still preferred lollygagging to working, but at least now the work she did was for her own benefit. She drifted for several years, finding ways to survive as she went, until one day she awoke in Coldharbour. The thing that irritates her the most about having been sacrificed is that her survival skills must have failed her and she can't explain why. But really it's more of a passing inconvenience, and now she's back on her feet and back to getting along.

Beneath her apathetic demeanor and apparent penchant for laziness, Lolly is a keen observer of the world around her and a master of the art of getting by. Her primary interest is her own well-being, and she has no ambitions to be a hero. She's been through enough to know that just staying alive and finding happiness in small pleasures is all anybody can really ask from life. She sees having survived the plantation as a source of pride, although she usually dismisses talk of the old days. She retains a cold distrust of authority figures and dislikes being told what to do, although if the rewards are good enough or she can tell herself that she's helping on her own terms, it's not actually that hard to convince her.

zPZqgNW.jpg

Naazli
    Redguard Dragonknight tank
    A proud warrior among proud warriors, Naazli caught the eye of the son of an influential family in a neighboring village in Hammerfell. Swayed by his apparent adoration, she agreed to marry him - but it soon became clear that all he wanted was a trophy wife, and he tried to cover up his own inadequacies as a man and a fighter by exerting control over her. He tried to dictate her appearance, dressing her up like a princess, and used their public interactions to show her off while curbing her independent activities. It didn't take long for her to rebel against this treatment, but this only provoked her husband's rage.

Faced with the prospect of having to maintain perfect appearances with a husband she loathed and distrusted, she made plans to leave the village secretly. But when the time came for her to go, her husband confronted her with several of his friends. No longer having anything left to lose, she finally let loose all of her pent-up battle prowess and slew them all. Knowing that she would be a marked woman as soon as the bodies were discovered, she made her flight. But her journey would be short-lived, although not for the reasons one might expect. She has no idea how it happened, or who was responsible, but only a few days after leaving her old life behind, she found that she had left Tamriel itself behind. Now given a chance to start over on her own, she concerns herself only with self-preservation - at least until she comes across someone who cannot stand on their own and needs her help.

lgi9dQw.jpg

Mireiya
    Altmer Sorcerer summoner
    Mireiya was born in Alinor to a painter father and glass artisan mother. She developed an early fascination with light, and this sparked an interest in magic when she discovered that it was possible to create and manipulate light and color with nothing but her own hands. She was raised with high expectations to follow in her parents' artistic footsteps, and she gravitated toward glass and crystal as media. She had a habit of slacking on her art studies to pursue magic, though, and eventually her parents relented and allowed her to put art on hold to hone her skills as a mage.

They held her to even higher standards in this area, and she proceeded with the understanding that if she were to falter even a little, that would be the end of her full-time magic studies. She remained her teacher's prize pupil for several years, until a newcomer joined the school and immediately posed a challenge. The new girl was as fascinated with darkness as Mireiya was with light, and the rivalry that developed between them was like a clash of elements. At this point driven almost entirely by her own pride, Mireiya vowed to outdo her rival no matter what.

This proved to be a more difficult goal than she had expected, and she started looking for more creative ways to get the upper hand. This included research into the darker arcane arts that her rival favored, and to her surprise she discovered a scope of power that she had never even considered before. This got her wheels turning, and when the time came for the students to present their ultimate displays of magical mastery, which would determine their future as mages, Mireiya stunned everyone by unleashing an unbridled torrent of summoned creatures, both light and dark in nature. But the spectators' surprise and Mireiya's self-satisfaction soon turned to horror as the creatures revealed their true essence - they were in part manifestations of Mireiya's jealousy and hostility toward her rival, and they attacked the girl without remorse.

The teachers and other students leapt to counter the creatures, but it was too late to save the poor girl. Now sensing that their master was in danger, the creatures surrounded Mireiya and turned on those who tried to oppose them. Mireiya had never developed the discipline to fully control her summoned minions, so she was helpless to restrain them as they lashed out at her teachers and schoolmates. By the time the creatures were subdued, leaving her sobbing and shaking on the floor, two more students were dead and several teachers and students had been seriously wounded.

Needless to say this was a grievous blight on the school, Mireiya's magehood, and her family. She was kept in solitary confinement while the authorities could deal with the situation and decide what to do with her. Now completely withdrawn and listless, she spent her days gazing out of her small window at the shining spires of the city, which she knew she'd never see again.

After a few weeks, when she was beginning to wonder when her punishment would ever come, she awoke to find herself in Coldharbour. At first she didn't care if she lived or died, but then it dawned on her that she might be getting a second chance to refashion her life and develop the magical proficiency she should have had before she ever tried summoning. She moves forward now, more aware of her own abilities and limitations, driven by an inner yearning to have a reason to reclaim her personal pride.

D25WuBa.jpg

Kashirani
    Khajiit Nightblade assassin
    Khajiit was once the wife of a prosperous merchant in Senchal and the mother of many beautiful kittens. But the fruits of this family's labors were not to be enjoyed, as filthy pirates killed the husband and carried off the wife to serve as scullion on their grimy ship. These scoundrels forced this one to bargain for moon sugar and skooma at their trade ports, and many years were lost to them before escape became possible. Now this one wanders alone, lost and friendless.

A most pitiable story, yes? You feel moved to reach for your purse to offer aid to a poor old Khajiit? Yes, please do...

x7BW3aW.jpg

Amara Tevrys
    Dunmer Dragonknight spellsword
    Amara started out studying magic, having been accepted into Shad Astula despite not being from an important house. When the Akaviri invaded in 2E 572, she and her classmates were sent off to join a unit of battle mages. Despite her reservations about killing people, she followed orders - until one fateful night when their camp was infiltrated by a group of Akaviri assassins. Amara happened to be awake reading and realized what was going on. But fearing for her life, she cast an invisibility spell and hid, watching in terror as her compatriots were slaughtered in their cots one by one. Ashamed of her cowardice and still afraid of being killed, she deserted and tried to flee the battlefield.

She soon discovered that there was nowhere to run, and when she came across a ragtag group of Nords (with a few Argonians mixed in), she realized that it would be worth her while to join up with them for her own protection. Despite their racial tensions, she convinced them to let her come along with their unit. They initially clashed over their differing combat philosophies, and to keep the peace she had to tone down her reliance on magic and learn to use blades. Her new comrades did come to respect her magic just a little after she used it to save them a few times, but by necessity she became a fairly adept blade-wielder and kept the fire spells for backup.

When the Akaviri were repulsed, Amara found herself with nowhere to go. She couldn't return home or go back to Shad Astula, since she was sure everyone would know she had abandoned her classmates to die and she would be considered a deserter at best and a traitor at worst. So she swallowed her pride and asked her Nord associates to let her accompany them back to Skyrim. They agreed, although the Argonians were never that happy to have her along, and they warned her that she would probably have a rough time as an outsider.

She spent the next several years adventuring in Skyrim, falling in with various groups of mercenaries and rogues as opportunities came and went. Then, just as she was starting to feel nostalgic about Morrowind, she met a group of Dunmer travelers in an inn in Windhelm who were happy to strike up conversation with her. They had a lot of questions about her time in Skyrim, particularly her experiences mingling with Nords and Argonians. When they invited her to travel back to Morrowind with them the next day, she felt compelled to accept.

As they traveled east together, she started noticing some strange things. First was the suspicious looks the group got from the Nords and Argonians they passed by, which she supposed was to be expected since nobody in Skyrim would trust a group of Dark Elves. But she also sensed something among her new companions that she couldn't quite put her finger on, something in the way they watched her while her back was turned, the way she was suddenly aware of the Nord habits and mannerisms she had subconsciously picked up, the way she suddenly felt self-conscious about her rusty magic skills.

The next thing she knew, she was dead in Coldharbour. Did those shifty Dunmer sacrifice her as part of some kind of ritual, or were they all waylaid by some vengeful Argonians or opportunistic Nords? She may never know, but at least she's used to making her own way and relying on her varied skills to survive.

CYBNdat.jpg

Gurtha gra-Margaz
    Orc Sorcerer stormflailer
    Gurtha has never been good at much of anything except eating. The only daughter of a stronghold chieftain, she never received any offers of marriage, probably due to her total ineptness as a blacksmith and warrior and her lack of physical charms. Her father finally managed to convince a chief in a remote stronghold to marry her sight-unseen, but once her prospective husband laid eyes on her she was sent home humiliated. After that her father resigned himself to her spinsterhood, and both he and his son after him regarded her as the hopeless daughter/sister that they had to keep around because she was family. While somewhat chagrined at her own lack of prowess, Gurtha was always content to just hang around home, watching the world go by and putting her limited domestic skills to limited use.

It may be that her uselessness and inability to bring honor to her family somehow led to her sacrifice, but she doesn't really have the brain capacity to think about things like that. Since reawakening she's been preoccupied with figuring out how to survive in a strange world without the comforts of home and strong warriors to protect her. Quite by chance she found a staff on the ground while trudging through the Wailing Prison, and the pleasant discovery that she could fend off the things trying to kill her by throwing fire at them opened the door for her to take up magic, which had never been considered an option back in the Orc stronghold. She's still not much good at it, but she gets by, which is all she can really ask for.

7czPmEG.jpg

Hostawen
    Bosmer Warden merchant
    Shrewd and opportunistic, Hostawen was always a master at finding and exploiting money-making prospects - and skirting the line between driving a hard bargain and ripping people off. She would scour the areas around her village looking for goodies to bring home and sell, either plundering the more easily accessible parts of ruins, helping herself to abandoned stashes, or haggling for deals from traveling merchants or simple folk living in the forest. Her success notwithstanding, she had a habit of splurging away her earnings on jagga and entertainment.

After pushing her luck one too many times with subsequently-disgruntled townsfolk, Hostawen decided that it might be preferable to take her show on the road, and she became one of the many traveling merchants wandering the Valenwood. This opened up new avenues for exploration and procurement, and Hostawen also honed her survival skills taking care of herself out in the wild.

One evening in a tavern she struck up conversation with a friendly man of the cloth, who mentioned that his order was looking for some artifacts and might be interested in her services. Seeing the advantages of such an arrangement, she eagerly agreed to meet the priest's associates the following evening. However, upon arriving at the specified meeting place, she discovered that her prospective clients belonged to the Worm Cult - and that they were more interested in her soul than her services.

Since returning from Coldharbour, Hostawen has been largely absorbed with nursing her wounded pride (unaccustomed as she was to having other people take advantage of her) and getting her bearings in an unfamiliar place. She might get around to helping the Prophet someday, but for now she's back to doing what she does best: making money.
    Edited by Ilsabet on July 6, 2017 8:55PM
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Bindi
    Bindi
    ✭✭
    my sorceress who goes by Aura.

LDgQh1z.jpg
    Edited by Bindi on October 23, 2015 2:04AM
  • King_Brady1
    King_Brady1
    ✭✭
    I see alot of Female characters.. I don't mind, but, are you guys male? I don't mind Guys making girls character but man, it seems almost like 75% of male players, play as female characters.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alt-o-holic here.

I play as lots of characters.
  • SatanicSister
    SatanicSister
    ✭✭✭
    I see alot of Female characters.. I don't mind, but, are you guys male? I don't mind Guys making girls character but man, it seems almost like 75% of male players, play as female characters.

At least for my part, I am a girl (as my username suggests).
    "If we are going to play the waiting game, the guy who has been around for 10000 years is going to win."